The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 209415 times)

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Navy blue.
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 64kg
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: NOTHING. <w<
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #1830 on: September 09, 2013, 02:48:12 PM »
It erks me to no end when the media casually uses racist/sexist terms.
For instance, tonight's viewing included;

'Reverse racism' Because apparently, racism is only something white people to other ethnic groups. Are you serious?

"They basically acted like hetrosexual gay men." Enforcing that any man who chooses to take particular pride in his appearance, must be borderline gay. I mean, that doesn't even work vice-versa.

WHY YOU DO THIS?! STAHP.
  • Avatar by: The lovely (and talented) Nobi! <3

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #1831 on: September 10, 2013, 01:41:28 AM »
I started at university and now my parents are calling me a liar when I say I've only received a couple assignments. It is literally the 4th day (the first day was orientation so I didn't even have any classes) and they're saying I'm going to fail out because I'm not doing my work.

....Yeah, okay.  T_T
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #1832 on: September 11, 2013, 09:02:23 PM »
The arrogance of so many "elders" is sickening. Acting as if their age has bestowed some godly power upon them. Bah. Just because someone is getting on in years and have "experienced so much" doesn't mean they know a blasted thing.

For example, closing windows on a hot day is met with. "I've been doing this for 35 years, it works better this way." Well whoop-de-freaking-doo. So, I'm going to be refuted simply because this is how you've done it for so long? That really is only a bolster to the idea, considering it's the only way things have been done. Try doing it differently, maybe things will go differently. That could go with anything.

Age ≠ knowledge

Knowledge is something you work for, you have to find it. Knowledge does not magically find you, you have to find it, you have to gather it. I'm sick and tired of being treated like someone who doesn't know anything just because I'm 19.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #1833 on: September 14, 2013, 09:04:45 AM »
I don't like being sick! RAWR
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #1834 on: September 14, 2013, 04:37:07 PM »
It's bothering my that I  can't clear the 150+ messages on my FA because it's in read-only.
So much for only 48-hours of work >>

Offline Xionist

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Jackal/Hellhound
  • Coloring: Dark blue
  • Height: 5' 8" - Anthro
  • Weight: 110lbs
  • Build: Average thickness. Not too fat, not too muscly.
  • Currently: Lurkin' around
« Reply #1835 on: September 14, 2013, 04:42:14 PM »
My best friend I've known for the past 5 years can't seem to take a hint when I tell him I'm not interested in the military. He constantly berates me, telling me I'm stupid for wanting to do something as risky and dangerous as going to college. I've told him constantly that I didn't want the military, and no matter how much he tried to sugarcoat it I wasn't going to sign.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1836 on: September 14, 2013, 07:10:31 PM »
Xionist, I know how you feel. My Grandfather constantly does this, bugging me about going into the military when I have absolutely no desire to sign up. He passively tries to convince me all the time, and sometimes comes right up to me and says I am doing no good for myself by not joining. Can't even sign up, doctors told me I have a specific form of asthma that prevents me from excessive aerobic work/exercise, but he insists, saying "Oh you don't have that, the doctors don't know anything."

It's real shit when someone refuses to accept your differences and disagreements. :I

Offline Nobi

• Handsome Horse
  • Let's get rhetorical!
    • My tumblr!
    • Awards
  • Species: Ringtail/Cacomistle
  • Coloring: Standard ringtail coloration of sandy brown-dark brown body, white rings around my eyes, and black and white rings around my tail
  • Height: Roughly 5'6''
  • Weight: 127 lbs
  • Build: Slim and mildly athletic
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Back!
« Reply #1837 on: September 19, 2013, 01:01:53 AM »
There are two people sitting across the table from me in the library, and they won't shut the hell up! I feel like breaking the guy's computer in half over the girl's face and jamming her sunglasses down his throat, and then tossing them both out the second-story window!!

Offline Georgisaur

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 5"11
« Reply #1838 on: September 21, 2013, 08:17:26 PM »
I'm so <censored> fed up of depression. I just want to be happy again.

Offline Nobi

• Handsome Horse
  • Let's get rhetorical!
    • My tumblr!
    • Awards
  • Species: Ringtail/Cacomistle
  • Coloring: Standard ringtail coloration of sandy brown-dark brown body, white rings around my eyes, and black and white rings around my tail
  • Height: Roughly 5'6''
  • Weight: 127 lbs
  • Build: Slim and mildly athletic
  • Currently: Back!
« Reply #1839 on: September 25, 2013, 04:30:29 AM »
Some of my friends seem to think that I can just call in to work or ask for a day off anytime I want, with zero notice. I've told them time and time again that I need to ask for days off at least two weeks in advance, and then get approved for it. But they keep inviting me to do things just a few days into the future; days on which they SHOULD know I'm working.

Post Merge: September 25, 2013, 11:43:39 PM
So for my creative writing class, I'm to write a short scenario in which two characters want different thing, creating a conflict. The problem is, I find it much more enjoyable to write about furs than humans... Of course, if I do that, my professor probably isn't gonna know what the hell I'm talking about. :/
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 11:43:39 PM by Nobi, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
  • Signature art by: Maine!

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #1840 on: September 28, 2013, 04:16:31 AM »
I don't see how writing about anthropomorphic characters will be an issue, Nobi. It's done all the time, long before the existence of the fandom. Heck, when I was in Creative Writing, most of my stories had anthropomorphic animals in them, and my teacher loved em.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #1841 on: September 29, 2013, 07:33:36 AM »
My step-mum's baby has been being sooooo annoying since it was born. The worst part is I don't have my own house or anything, so I can't really run away. I can't even imagine how it must be for her and my dad...

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Get Equipped With Floof
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
« Reply #1842 on: September 29, 2013, 09:54:10 AM »
nobi has so much to rant about poor darlin' :C

I wanted to adopt a cat from the shelter, so I kept on asking my dad. I approached the matter in a  responsible way but he was having none of it and kept on storming off. Charlie Boy has gone to a new home (lucky for Charlie, wish that beautiful boy lots of luck <3) but I'm still really mad at my dad because he wouldn't even discuss it.

ZARA-RA!!

Offline Subject Sigma

• Avid Aardvark
  • Happy days to you.
    • Awards
  • Species: Ferret Antrho
  • Coloring: Sable
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 173 lbs
  • Build: Lean and slim, yet extremely muscular and strong.
  • Currently: Happy and excited for tommorrow!
« Reply #1843 on: October 05, 2013, 05:09:37 PM »
I HAVE TO WRITE A 4 PAGE ESSAY ON THE KITE RUNNER AGHGHHHHGAHHHHH

D:

(picture not by me)

[attachment deleted by admin]

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Subject 1v02P_Σ AKA Sigma uses FCPM (Foundation of the Conservation and Protection of Mankind) Special Operations RIG.

The FCPM GEO Ops RIG provides user survivability and lethality, it's made out of an advanced nano weave which can come together to make a sort of shell. This temporary armor bonus has the ability to stop heavy caliber machine gun shells. Another one of the suit's main features is it's ability to let the user breathe underwater by using a rebreather as well as its ability to become air tight to allow users to survive in vacuums and hazardous areas. The suit additionally has a cloaking ability which gives the user a temporary cloak. It also has the ability to double user strength as the user wills it.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1844 on: October 06, 2013, 08:26:33 AM »
I'm assured to get Pokemon Y next week, but I don't have the money for a 3DS/2DS. I might be able to get it, but I have to wait until at least the seventeenth. Likewise, everybody wants me to play GTA V with them, but I don't have my Xbox, a TV/Monitor to use and it'll be pretty pricey to ship the Xbox.

4 evar crie