The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 209405 times)

Offline Nobi

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Let's get rhetorical!
    • My tumblr!
    • Awards
  • Species: Ringtail/Cacomistle
  • Coloring: Standard ringtail coloration of sandy brown-dark brown body, white rings around my eyes, and black and white rings around my tail
  • Height: Roughly 5'6''
  • Weight: 127 lbs
  • Build: Slim and mildly athletic
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Back!
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #1845 on: October 07, 2013, 05:12:09 AM »
I'm listening to Shpongle right now, and as much as I love it, it brought up a bad memory about an ex girlfriend of mine. It was when I was telling her about Shpongle after I'd first discovered them; I was describing them to her, saying they were kinda psychedelic and tribal-sounding at times, when she interrupted and said something like, "Oh no, don't you start listening to that tribal stuff like your aunt and uncle..."

I was honestly stunned when she said that. Not only did she just shoot me down when I was telling her about something I like, but she also insulted my aunt and uncle's tastes. That wasn't like her at all. It legitimately hurt my feelings.

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #1846 on: October 08, 2013, 04:19:52 AM »
Well I am very  lower-middle class, have problems at home, hardly any friends (only one real one who I barely talk to regularly), a once-great paying job that I now have the hours cut too, a terrible spending habit, a fear of living on my own or getting my own place, no college education or any post-high school graduation, and no real future laid out.

Offline NovaAurora

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • May the FURS be with you!
    • Awards
  • Species: Mostly wolf, part dragon
  • Coloring: Dark and light gray, with black streaks and dark blue extremities.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Long and lanky, muscular but not bulging.
  • Currently: PC gaming... FINALLY!!
« Reply #1847 on: October 08, 2013, 04:27:02 AM »
I know there's nothing I can do about it but GODDAMMIT the American government infuriates the hell out of me... It just boggles my mind how childish politicians can be, I don't care if people say I shouldn't let it bother me, when it comes to such a widely-affecting issue as defaulting on our debt I'm gonna be bothered...

~*Airforce Fleet commander*~
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Come raise your lantern to the sky
And let's illuminate this night
We'll dance like heathens
Around the flames
And while the world sleeps
WE ARE AWAKE!

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #1848 on: October 08, 2013, 04:33:02 AM »
Me too Nova. Very much me too

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
« Reply #1849 on: October 08, 2013, 04:42:02 AM »
So, I currently have a 75 in my Spanish class, and I took an exam today which is worth 20% of my quarter grade, and I'm pretty sure I flunked. So now I'm probably going to fail that class for the quarter, which means I'm probably going to fail it for the semester, which will show up bad on my transcript, which will never make any college want to accept me, which means I can never get a degree and amount to anything, which means I will probably become a homeless person living in New York because I'll never find a job.
*Sigh*... my brain has turned into bread pudding.
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #1850 on: October 08, 2013, 04:46:19 AM »
So, I currently have a 75 in my Spanish class, and I took an exam today which is worth 20% of my quarter grade, and I'm pretty sure I flunked. So now I'm probably going to fail that class for the quarter, which means I'm probably going to fail it for the semester, which will show up bad on my transcript, which will never make any college want to accept me, which means I can never get a degree and amount to anything, which means I will probably become a homeless person living in New York because I'll never find a job.

I'm sure your life won't be ruined with the failing of this test. Where in New York do you live? I can hook you up with some people that can get you a job or help you out.

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
« Reply #1851 on: October 08, 2013, 04:48:03 AM »

I'm sure your life won't be ruined with the failing of this test. Where in New York do you live? I can hook you up with some people that can get you a job or help you out.
That's the problem, I don't even live in New York.
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #1852 on: October 08, 2013, 02:16:34 PM »
Ugh, banned from the fake furry forums again because the people there are idiots who think anytime I ask why they're always bashing furries and non-human/anthro related things as a blatant attack. I was trying to help a guy give advice on making human characters, but nope: One thing lead to another and a moderator who thinks she's oh-so smart just had to start an argument as usual. Personally, this is why I'm misanthropic. More and more I realize how sparse decent human beings are.

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Navy blue.
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 64kg
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: NOTHING. <w<
« Reply #1853 on: October 08, 2013, 02:56:03 PM »
Doing dishes of a night time gives me a super low, And I have no idea why. I thought I might be able to do it of a night again, since I'm less anxious/depressed these days, but nope. I don't understand.

I'm on a massive high now, so I guess we're even, temperamental brain. XD
  • Avatar by: The lovely (and talented) Nobi! <3

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #1854 on: October 12, 2013, 09:38:29 AM »
The absolute, FURY, that is inside me right now, is incomprehensible, I FEEL LIKE I COULD break my entire GOD DAMN computer. You know what, those people, that say Linux is better than windows, I can safely say that I have officially used both and my verdict, **censor** LINUX. I'm going to use it as LITTLE as possible for now on, BECAUSE HONESTLY, I TRY TO LOOK UP A SOLUTION, to a problem I'm having and EVERY SOLUTION, for apparently EVERY PROBLEM, seems to be needlessly complex and dangerous (one thing wrong and BOOM Linux is destroyed). No wonder people who use Linux tend to be extremely competent with the technical aspects of computers, you NEED to be that competent in order to function this counter-intuitive mess of a system.

I've lost, SO MUCH DATA, because my Linux boots into a **censor** GRUB recovery shell, unable to be god damn returned, all because of a small graphics card issue. HOW DID WINDOWS deal with the graphics card issue, it recovered itself, identified the problem, disabled the graphics card driver and suggested solutions. HOW DOES LINUX SOLVE THE SOLUTION, does not recover itself, DOES NOT identify the problem, DOES NOT disable the graphics card driver and GOES INTO **censor** GRUB RECOVERY MODE. HOW THE heck am I supposed to use GRUB recovery mode, I read a tutorial "Oh simple, just type in these commands" I typed in the first command and BOOM "command not found". I MAKE SURE i perfectly type it correctly, and BOOM "command not found". Go to a different tutorial and same scenario.

WELL that's ok,  if I can access my files then I won't lose any data and I'll find an alternative, I'll just download a program to access these files, BOOM no linux partition found. What the HECK is going on. SCREW Linux, I'm pissed off at linux, I'm ANNOYED that my school uses it, I'm annoyed that I lost hours of work on an assignment because of it and I CAN'T GIVE A **censor** anymore. I'm emailing my professor telling them my linux is **censor** and I have no idea how to fix it.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline BakaFawkes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • It's not personal text if you can read it!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Fulvous, Reddish hair
  • Height: My height (How tall am I anyway?)
  • Weight: Same as me (still unknown, maybe 160-ish)
  • Build: Average, but nimble, naturally fit.
  • Currently: Totally stressin'
« Reply #1855 on: October 12, 2013, 09:47:42 AM »
Believe it or not, I know exactly how you feel. My high school had me beta test the new virtual school program last year, and I literally failed algebra 2 because of it. The submission boxes (similar to these) could time out on you and you wouldn't know until you clicked the submit, and all your work would be gone. It happened so often, I was given a mercy 70 (along with the rest if the class).

Before this sounds like a happy ending, I found out the grade was a 70, and my GPA is shot all to heck and there are various afterschool programs I was kicked out of. My fault? No, but now I just have to manage and do a little extra work. You say you lost a lot of data, but don't waste time trying to find a way to get it back if you know you can't. Start working on replacing the most important stuff if possible (I'm running advice off of the little info I know about your situation.)

I speak from first hand experience and know that if you can, try to explain the situation, and see if there's any way you could get some slack. Just be genuinely if not overly honest and you could have another shot.
You don't have to be great to start, you only have to start to be great.

Offline Lethrasherhuskeh

• Eager Elephant
  • Huskeh.Glasses.SWAG.
  • Species: Huskeh
  • Coloring: White with shades of grey
  • Build: Medium
  • Currently: is the Husky Rockstar Overlord
« Reply #1856 on: October 12, 2013, 02:03:57 PM »
I hate my best friend's girlfriend so much. She always intervenes with any meeting or appointment I have with him and just asks me to leave.

What a douchebag.

Rank: Ghost. Systems: Online. Now you see me, now you don't  >:)

Add me on le facebook! =D
https://www.facebook.com/ThrasherBlades
Line Messenger ID: lehuskeh. Let's chat! :3

Journal: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=22605.msg1013192#new

Offline BakaFawkes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • It's not personal text if you can read it!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Fulvous, Reddish hair
  • Height: My height (How tall am I anyway?)
  • Weight: Same as me (still unknown, maybe 160-ish)
  • Build: Average, but nimble, naturally fit.
  • Currently: Totally stressin'
« Reply #1857 on: October 13, 2013, 08:33:28 AM »
IN THE NICEST WAY POSSIBLE you should say something to your friend, or maybe find a way to anchor yourself. Like, come up with a staple reason for you to be there.  0:)
You don't have to be great to start, you only have to start to be great.

Offline Vulpatrino

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • Just call me "Vee".
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat/Fox Hybrid
  • Coloring: Orange
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 160 lbs
  • Build: Tall and skinny
  • Currently: Spoopy ghost pumpkin. WooOOOooo~
« Reply #1858 on: October 17, 2013, 04:42:07 AM »
Uggh PHYSICS. As if physics weren't hard enough, I keep forgetting to include direction.  >:(
(for those of you who don't take physics, direction is important)
"Look at all these no good tourists, thinking they know culture and I'm but another local. But neigh, I am self-aware, so much I can make an entirely blank expression so they never know the amount of feel that I feel. For I am ♤♡♢♧The Veehemoth♧♢♡"♤

Day to night, Dark to light,          In your mind, walk through time
Flow the sands of time...             Back to better days...
Let the years, like the gears        Memories, like a dream,
Of a clock, unwind...                   Wash tears away...

Like a star in the sky,                 Cast away your old face,
Darkness can't reach you,           Full of gloom and spite...
Light the night, Joy is light           With this mask, I'll ask to
'Til the new dawn...                     Borrow your light...

- Song of Healing, LoZ: Majora's Mask

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #1859 on: October 17, 2013, 05:05:32 AM »
Everything is against me meeting up with my long distance mate. First my mate has trouble finding some parts for his truck, then some assholes had to get fired at his job so he has to work during the weekends as well to pick up the slack. What the hell? Just two days. All we need is two days. Drive up, pick me up, drive down. TWO DAYS! We have waited three goddamn months for a chance, and something screws it up every time. Every single time.