The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 209394 times)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #4905 on: March 15, 2016, 05:20:51 AM »
Im half cherokee and I donthave a problem with whites. They didnt do shit to me and I dont care what they're ancestors did to mine. My bust fren is white for christ sakes. My grandfather was full blooded cherokee and he stayed away the reservations for the same reason I do. He always said the reservations are filled with prejudice idiots that complain about the white man and throw their history away well claiming that their heritage was stolen from them. He lived entirely off the land, never drank and never once took welfare from anybody. He was without a doubt the last few true cherokees left in this world. I do what I can to be every bit the man he was.

You cant accuse the white man for hurting you and then show him prejudice towrds them. Some people call the dumb
The true man ,no matter the race, will adapt no matter what and rise amongst the new environment. I'm sure your grandfather realized, complaining gets you nowhere, doing something about it does. That is our problem today too many people are complaining about "Oh I'm this race and this always happens... blah blah blah." They will get nowhere. Not because they are of 'that' race because they are too busy complaining to work towards making a better living for themselves, tell me did the Cherokees get on in life by doing nothing and just complaining? I bet not, they just like everybody else had to work for a living weather it was hunting for food,cutting wood or farming...  There's no free lunch even things that are free to you are not free.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 05:24:16 AM by Ambre »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4906 on: March 15, 2016, 06:43:47 AM »
This big problem, I feel, is that people make it a race issue when it's a culture issue of the time that is gradually fading out. It's not the white race that's bad, it's the culture some civilizations developed that made members of that civilization believe that their shit doesn't stink. This could have happened with any other race if given the opportunities-- And it has, just not at as big of a scale simply due to limits in technology.
Civilizations of many races have been genecidal and territory-hungry throughout human history. (In fact, there is pretty much no "pure" race. We are all various mixes of older races, most of which completely forgotten.) And of course those actions were never right, but the only way to prevent those events from happening again is to learn from history and move on to a better future for everyone; not dwell bitterly on the past that can't be changed.

Anyway, let's go back on topic, guys. Off-topic discussions should be made into their own thread, anyway.

On topic: My sleep schedule is seriously messed up again. I was doing well for a while, at least.

Also, using my tablet is giving me back and neck pain. There is no safe way to position myself to use it. I think I messed up my ribs or something from this BS.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 06:52:32 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #4907 on: March 15, 2016, 04:15:09 PM »
My sleep schedule is so far doing okay, but spending time away from school always makes it slip a little.

To be honest, I don't really like breaks from school/vacations. At first it's the typical "great, no school for awhile. I can just be lazy at home!". And then I feel like "Ugh, I just have to be lazy at home." I always end up bored and maybe even a little depressed after spending so much time at my house. I guess it stems from my problem of not really having any friends. I'd love to get out and have some fun stuff to do with other people...but I can't. I hardly even know what that's like.

Offline PEFA Harker

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Featherhead Falcon with Far-Fetched Failures
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Peregrine Falcon
  • Coloring: Dark blue & white
  • Height: 37cm
  • Weight: about 550g, fluctuates
  • Build: Feral, smallish
  • Currently: Crashed into a window
« Reply #4908 on: March 15, 2016, 04:24:48 PM »
Got my left wing arm pulled seriously today.
We always think that left hand as unimportant especially when dealing with things like drawing or writing, but only when it get hurt do we realize how awkward it is to be without the support of it.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4909 on: March 15, 2016, 04:25:58 PM »
I know the feeling, Amethyst. I only had one friend I visited on occasion since 5th grade, but started paying little attention to her due to my rush to move out on my own (which failed pathetically), and lost contact. So for the past couple years I've been isolated by my lonesome in my room barely remembering how to associate with people offline.

I feel awful thinking about how I abandoned her like that. I've thought about trying to get back in touch with her, but I don't know how she feels about me now.

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #4910 on: March 15, 2016, 07:20:29 PM »
I know the feeling, Amethyst. I only had one friend I visited on occasion since 5th grade, but started paying little attention to her due to my rush to move out on my own (which failed pathetically), and lost contact. So for the past couple years I've been isolated by my lonesome in my room barely remembering how to associate with people offline.

I feel awful thinking about how I abandoned her like that. I've thought about trying to get back in touch with her, but I don't know how she feels about me now.

Yeah, I recently had a falling out with a long-ish term friend to boot. I try to talk to him on occasion, but it's always a little awkward and short. We used to be pretty close so it feels kind of...sore? The only two other friends I have I see them a couple times a week but only at school.

Part of it is my fault, since I'm not really good at making friends. I never quite learned how and I guess the ones I have now happened by chance. I'd like to get out and go places/do things that would give me a chance of finding people with similar interests outside the internet, but I can't drive atm so my transportation is limited. My parents are also still a little overbearing I suppose, at the thought of me hanging out with people they don't know or by myself despite me being 19 already.

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure blooded)
  • Coloring: Dark gray and light gray.
  • Height: 2'4"
  • Weight: 114 lbs.
  • Build: Slender but very fluffy. Feral.
  • Currently: Sad.
« Reply #4911 on: March 15, 2016, 07:27:36 PM »
I feel like I should just shut my mouth because I feel like literally everything I say is either idiotic or completely unnecessary.
I'm always hurting other people and painting myself into a corner because I don't know how to express exactly what I mean. English is not my first language but I don't think that's the issue here. I just don't really know how to express myself without being a jackass about it.
I'm starting to use a lot more I-messages but I don't understand what the problem is. I keep telling myself that people are just too sensitive but I truly think I'm the one who's too blatant. I just don't know how to fix this problem.

Quote from: Sandor on March 05, 2016, 07:15:04 AM
Quote from: Sandor on March 04, 2016, 10:21:04 AM
Silaluk is too brutal for 90% of this forum.

Actually, make that something like 96%.

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Look into buying my commissions.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Curvy!
  • Currently: Selling commissions
« Reply #4912 on: March 15, 2016, 07:30:08 PM »
I feel like I should just shut my mouth because I feel like literally everything I say is either idiotic or completely unnecessary.
I'm always hurting other people and painting myself into a corner because I don't know how to express exactly what I mean. English is not my first language but I don't think that's the issue here. I just don't really know how to express myself without being a jackass about it.
I'm starting to use a lot more I-messages but I don't understand what the problem is. I keep telling myself that people are just too sensitive but I truly think I'm the one who's too blatant. I just don't know how to fix this problem.
I'm a blunt person, I understand your pain friend.
  • Signature art by: Also Me xD

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4913 on: March 15, 2016, 08:51:05 PM »
sounds like me I know what to say ,just not how to say it :(
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #4914 on: March 16, 2016, 03:29:58 AM »
Neck injuries are lame.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #4915 on: March 16, 2016, 03:52:26 AM »
^ This right here.

Offline 138

• ϟ ϟ
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • You can't get no worse than dead
    • Awards
  • Species: Mustela Erminea
  • Coloring: White with a black tipped tail
  • Build: You can't cuddle a skeleton
« Reply #4916 on: March 16, 2016, 08:46:51 PM »
It's bad when a new inner tube for your bike tire can't take any air. -_-

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #4917 on: March 16, 2016, 09:02:20 PM »
Looks like I get the luxury of doing a stressful, two man job by myself the next three days :D so much excite.

Offline Silaluk

• Foxy Fox
  • w ▲ n d e r e r
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure blooded)
  • Coloring: Dark gray and light gray.
  • Height: 2'4"
  • Weight: 114 lbs.
  • Build: Slender but very fluffy. Feral.
  • Currently: Sad.
« Reply #4918 on: March 16, 2016, 11:17:42 PM »
When I'm called a weeaboo because I like a musical arrangement that just happens to be performed by a Japanese orchestra in Japan.
I don't like it because it's Japanese, I like it because it sounds good.

Also, when people say English/Art/Music majors won't get you anywhere.

Quote from: Sandor on March 05, 2016, 07:15:04 AM
Quote from: Sandor on March 04, 2016, 10:21:04 AM
Silaluk is too brutal for 90% of this forum.

Actually, make that something like 96%.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4919 on: March 16, 2016, 11:56:40 PM »
When I'm called a weeaboo because I like a musical arrangement that just happens to be performed by a Japanese orchestra in Japan.
I don't like it because it's Japanese, I like it because it sounds good.

Also, when people say English/Art/Music majors won't get you anywhere.
Depends, how you use it.

I think I'm turning Japanese