The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 209378 times)

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #1890 on: November 29, 2013, 10:35:40 AM »
Am I the only person who notices a trend with popular things, in that it is wrong to hate something if it...

1: ONLY has humans as goodguys, while badguys are non-humans.
2: Is anti-evnironmental.
3: Is anti-furry.
4: Depicts humans as the Ultimate Good.
5: All of the above.
EverQuest, this game I've been absolutely obsessed with for awhile now does none of these, and that's one of the many reasons I love it. It's honestly improved my outlook on media. I mean read their explanation on humans!

"Sometimes wise and sometimes foolish, humans are capable of both remarkable ingenuity and startling brutality. Humans are diverse in nearly every aspect of their abilities and culture. They possess a wide range of physical features, and their values and principles are equally varied. Capable of both amazing deeds of kindness and thoughtless acts of cruelty, they have risen to prominence among many of the older races."

This here is my character, who is of Good alignment. Does he look like a human to you?  XD   The "Ultimate Good" race are amphibians of a sort, believe it or not.
Sorry for the advertising, I just love this game way too much.

To stay on topic, I WISH I C0ULD EAT M0RE F00D.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 10:37:58 AM by BillyBobJoeGeorge »

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #1891 on: November 29, 2013, 03:11:36 PM »
Am I the only person who notices a trend with popular things, in that it is wrong to hate something if it...

1: ONLY has humans as goodguys, while badguys are non-humans.
2: Is anti-evnironmental.
3: Is anti-furry.
4: Depicts humans as the Ultimate Good.
5: All of the above.
EverQuest, this game I've been absolutely obsessed with for awhile now does none of these, and that's one of the many reasons I love it. It's honestly improved my outlook on media. I mean read their explanation on humans!

"Sometimes wise and sometimes foolish, humans are capable of both remarkable ingenuity and startling brutality. Humans are diverse in nearly every aspect of their abilities and culture. They possess a wide range of physical features, and their values and principles are equally varied. Capable of both amazing deeds of kindness and thoughtless acts of cruelty, they have risen to prominence among many of the older races."

This here is my character, who is of Good alignment. Does he look like a human to you?  XD   The "Ultimate Good" race are amphibians of a sort, believe it or not.
Sorry for the advertising, I just love this game way too much.

To stay on topic, I WISH I C0ULD EAT M0RE F00D.

I was mostly talking about what people think should be allowed to be disliked rather than what people like.

That being said, I do like MMORPGs, but I'm kind of picky about them cause I get more interested if I'm not forced to play as a human. (Or in PSO's case, a Robot that cannot use magic.)

I downloaded the streaming thing, but I'm assuming the game itself is bigger than the mere 12MB the streamer weighs.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #1892 on: November 29, 2013, 04:48:45 PM »
Lets not get off topic guys.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #1893 on: November 29, 2013, 06:13:51 PM »
I'm not happy and never will be.
Other people get to be happy, not me.
I'm pretty sure that I always knew that I'd never be happy in the back of my mind but I never really addressed it.
Pretty much the only thing I can do now is be at least satisfied but I can't even have that.
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline pawz9

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White with black or brown markings
  • Height: 6'0
  • Weight: 270 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: Never know how or when it’s going to end
« Reply #1894 on: December 01, 2013, 08:01:32 AM »
man its been awhile since I was on here but its pretty much been half good half bad since the last time with the lowest point being when I attempted to commit suicide because I just couldn't deal with how crappy life was but im fine now
nine out of ten voices want me to sleep the tenth is wondering if penguins have knees

Stealth operative

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
« Reply #1895 on: December 02, 2013, 06:18:26 AM »
man its been awhile since I was on here but its pretty much been half good half bad since the last time with the lowest point being when I attempted to commit suicide because I just couldn't deal with how crappy life was but im fine now
Do me and Dr. Pepper a favor and stay fine, because we don't want to lose you! You're important to us.  :3

0n topic: I don't wanna get up tomorrow. It's monday again. x_x

Offline Bubblegum

• Avid Aardvark
  • Static cling claims another victim
    • Awards
  • Species: Pokemon (Flaaffy)
« Reply #1896 on: December 02, 2013, 11:57:15 PM »
There's no social death sentence quite like being reserved and female.
  • Avatar by: ettelle.deviantart.com

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
« Reply #1897 on: December 03, 2013, 02:25:09 AM »
I hate my net provider. Every day at 6 it slows to a crawling pace that, if it works at all, takes >2 minutes to load the smallest jpegs, meaning anything with content is rendered useless. After 11 pm or so, it begins to function, so any tasks I have must wait til then. I have a schedule that requires me to get up by 6 am, so I'm getting pretty fed up with the "outstanding" service.

If you wanna get service as good as mine, go here! It only took about 4 minutes to load the web page!

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1898 on: December 03, 2013, 03:29:46 AM »
I hate my net provider. Every day at 6 it slows to a crawling pace that, if it works at all, takes >2 minutes to load the smallest jpegs, meaning anything with content is rendered useless. After 11 pm or so, it begins to function, so any tasks I have must wait til then. I have a schedule that requires me to get up by 6 am, so I'm getting pretty fed up with the "outstanding" service.

If you wanna get service as good as mine, go here! It only took about 4 minutes to load the web page!
well for 30 bucks a month I guess you get what you pay for o3o

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
« Reply #1899 on: December 03, 2013, 06:07:32 AM »

well for 30 bucks a month I guess you get what you pay for o3o

It's the only provider where I live. :'(

Offline MomoHyena

• Avid Aardvark
  • aaaaaaaaaug
  • Species: Hyena
  • Coloring: Tan, pink
  • Height: 5'9"
« Reply #1900 on: December 03, 2013, 08:03:09 AM »

Oh gosh same here. 3 am every day which is when I'm on if I can't sleep. Also it slows down even more when it's cold. And it's literally the only provider to this apartment complex. What a pain! >_<

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1901 on: December 05, 2013, 07:02:29 AM »
I'm so useless.
There's literally not one thing that I can do as well as anybody else.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
« Reply #1902 on: December 06, 2013, 12:45:07 AM »
I'm so useless.
You're much better at being a foxaroo than I am! :3

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1903 on: December 06, 2013, 03:33:00 AM »
I'm so useless.
You're much better at being a foxaroo than I am! :3
haha but that's not an actual skill XD

Offline MomoHyena

• Avid Aardvark
  • aaaaaaaaaug
  • Species: Hyena
  • Coloring: Tan, pink
  • Height: 5'9"
« Reply #1904 on: December 06, 2013, 04:55:00 AM »
My roommate is really not pleasant but I can't kick him out. :/ He's just a huge jerk who expects everyone to take care of him and doesn't want to help anyone.