The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 209391 times)

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #4920 on: March 17, 2016, 12:04:24 AM »
Small loan of a million fake friendships.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 02:48:27 AM by WRATH_ »
wired as right now

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #4921 on: March 17, 2016, 12:24:54 AM »
What do you mean Wrath?
Oh woof

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #4922 on: March 17, 2016, 02:05:49 AM »
2:30am my flatmate brings home a party of free spirited individuals from one of the local clubs and things got noisy, waking me up.
It's now 4am and I managed to get him to usher them out so I can actually get back to sleep.
Everything smells like smoke now.

I'm forgiving him, but ehggh.

Also I think myself and the modding team would also like to know, Wrath_
Lol
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Regi

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec Fox
« Reply #4923 on: March 17, 2016, 02:54:14 AM »
I hate those who romanticize mental illness. Just please stop romanticizing mental illnesses, it's not cute, and it's not cool. Having mental illness is not 'cool', do not use it as your little 'quirk'. Saying you're psychotic for some weird aesthetic purpose, please while you can become self aware. It doesn't make you 'special'. It's okay to be open about your mental illness and talk about it, but please don't **censor** make it some edgy quirk you have. I see this way to much with tweens. So please children, become self aware.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 03:23:00 AM by Regi »

Offline HyenaKing

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #4924 on: March 17, 2016, 02:58:33 AM »
I hate neurotypicals, please stop romanticizing mental illnesses, it's not cute, and it's not cool. Having mental illness is not 'cool', do not use it as your little 'quirk'. Saying you're psychotic for some weird aesthetic purpose, please while you can become self aware. It doesn't make you 'special'. It's okay to be open about your mental illness and talk about it, but please don't **censor** make it some edgy quirk you have. I see this way to much with tweens. So please children, become self aware.
I agree so much. So. Much. I've gotten myself in trouble basically getting pissed off at these people.
It doesn't make you 'special' If you're "Special." Pleeease.
wired as right now

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
« Reply #4925 on: March 17, 2016, 03:50:30 AM »
Was asked by my peer support service person last week, and I quote, "What's wrong with you?" I'm mentally ill and it makes me somewhat socially awkward. Hearing that made me feel like shit and I didn't go out of the house for a straight week. According to her I've been rude to some people at the drop-in and it apparently didn't happen until my mate got here.

I think they're full of shit about the attitude change when she got here. I've been acting the same around them since before she got here and now they have a problem with me because she's around??? I feel scared and unwelcome in a place I've been going to for 2-3 years now. I have to make an effort to say hi to everyone there that I've never said hi to before because my peer supports person told me I've been ignoring people when they say hi to me.

I was there earlier today and I said hi to literally everyone. Makes me look like a try hard when I'm just trying to make up for shit I wasn't even doing before.
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline Regi

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec Fox
« Reply #4926 on: March 17, 2016, 04:02:25 AM »
Was asked by my peer support service person last week, and I quote, "What's wrong with you?" I'm mentally ill and it makes me somewhat socially awkward. Hearing that made me feel like shit and I didn't go out of the house for a straight week. According to her I've been rude to some people at the drop-in and it apparently didn't happen until my mate got here.

I think they're full of shit about the attitude change when she got here. I've been acting the same around them since before she got here and now they have a problem with me because she's around??? I feel scared and unwelcome in a place I've been going to for 2-3 years now. I have to make an effort to say hi to everyone there that I've never said hi to before because my peer supports person told me I've been ignoring people when they say hi to me.

I was there earlier today and I said hi to literally everyone. Makes me look like a try hard when I'm just trying to make up for shit I wasn't even doing before.

Aw I'm really sorry that happened, I hope things get better for you over there! I know how you feel with your illness making you socially awkward; was it because when your friend joined you felt more comfortable talking to her since she's there, and they thought it came off as rude or something? If so that's really shitty of them to just automatically assume you have a so called attitude.

Offline Wolxikin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • (⚆ ͜ʖ ⚆)
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolx
  • Coloring: Blue/white
  • Height: 5 foot something
  • Weight: Don't be so judgemental!
  • Build: Average, anthro
  • Currently: well then
« Reply #4927 on: March 17, 2016, 04:18:30 AM »
I could have done more
I could have prevented all of this
Why was I not with him
Why didn't I do more
Is it a wolf? Is it a fox? No, it's Wolx!

Tell a man there are 300,000,000 stars in the universe, he'll believe you. Tell a man the benches paint is wet, he'd have to touch it to be sure

[img width

Offline HyenaKing

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #4928 on: March 17, 2016, 01:09:46 PM »
I need to start treatment for PTSD again, after 4 years-- i've relapsed.
wired as right now

Offline Setcho

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • Who wants to be normal?
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: Who wants to know >~>
  • Height: 5'10
  • Build: Small
  • Currently: I was on the forums before it was cool
« Reply #4929 on: March 17, 2016, 02:08:50 PM »

Im sorry to hear that, it makes me so mad when i hear stories like this. The people put in charge to help some of the people most in need, and they turn around and do shit like that makes me furious.  I really hope it gets better Alistair.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #4930 on: March 17, 2016, 03:47:11 PM »

Some people... make me want to rip this world in half with a giant laser beam cannon. Then put all the nice people on one side and all th jerks and idoits on the other.

Oddly I've found that the most delightful people I talk to have some sort of mental illness...why? I dunno, somebody look this up for me..
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 03:48:55 PM by Ambre »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #4931 on: March 17, 2016, 08:30:45 PM »
I'm sad... but my life is perfect. I shouldn't be sad so why am I? I know I have depression, but I take medicine. And I was doing so good for so long... I don't understand and I'm scared.
Oh woof

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #4932 on: March 17, 2016, 09:33:00 PM »
I can't stand it anymore. I force a smile and act as if I'm happy for those around me, maybe sometimes I'm actually happy... However I'm depressed and angry. but my mom doesn't understand no matter how many times I tell her and I know for a fact my dad won't help... He never has. I just hate when people say 'I'm there for you' or want to 'talk' only to look good and get in my damn business. This has been going on so **censor** long and I've tried so hard to fight it, but it seems I can't. I continue to rot inside, that I'm now use to these emotions. I want to be happy more but doesn't seem like that will happen.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 09:34:50 PM by Zaida »

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #4933 on: March 17, 2016, 10:20:24 PM »
Zaida, I'm here for you. And I mean that. I'm just a message away.
Oh woof

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #4934 on: March 18, 2016, 05:29:34 AM »
I just noticed my elbows look really weird now. They jut out, and when my arm is straight it makes a dramatic crease as if I'm bending it the wrong way (mainly on my left arm). I don't know if it's from resting my arms on the desk awkwardly a lot, gaining a lot of fat lately, or a combination of both. Either way I hope they fix themselves if I stop doing that and lose weight.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 07:37:32 AM by Evnamishko »