The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 209353 times)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #4950 on: March 19, 2016, 11:15:09 PM »
I really hate how I look.
I'm 18 but I'm always mistaken for being a middle schooler because of my height.
Hey you can always get a job as a professional kid actor XD
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 113 lbs.
  • Build: Feminine, petite.
  • Currently: Empty
« Reply #4951 on: March 19, 2016, 11:16:25 PM »
True. Though acting isn't really my forte... cx

There are two kinds of people in this world. A French horn player is better than both of them.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4952 on: March 19, 2016, 11:20:41 PM »
Eh you can always learn.

Been playing Tales of Vesperia for a weak. I like the game, but... Once I got to Fort Dungard (or whatever it's called), I found out that the main antagonist of this game is going to be the typical, EXCRUCIATINGLY overdone and borderline offensive Misanthrope type character. I swear, nothing ruins a story more for me more than a misanthropic villain, as it basically pretends humans are these oh-so misunderstood and oh-so special species of magical creatures, and basically anyone who doesn't think that is this horrible, evil human being. I'm not saying humans are scum and should be wiped out, but I'm not going to pretend we're special when, in all seriousness, our species DESERVES a lot of the hate it gets.
Personally i think they deserve more, this is why i hate roleplaying or playing games as human, for one I want to get away from the real world and 2. I know how stupid and idiotic humans can be, do we see this problem in the furry fandom, Offically not much. (There's a small debocle in starfox command that sort of went that way ,but unlike humans it  was dealt with for the most part calmy aside from the sad ending where a girl who  helped the rival of the protaganist gets mocked off the face of the planet, she's telepathic too so that really didn't help, and all this was caused by a mistrust issue,lookup the Kursed ending for Starfox command if you want more details)
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
« Reply #4953 on: March 20, 2016, 01:48:35 AM »
Honestly I despise it when I say I'm triggered by something, and someone says I'm weak or I should "suck it up".

There are certain situations where people toss around the term just so they can get out of something, but some people, like me, have had trauma and hardship inflicted on them, and honestly I want to keep my insecurities out of the places I use as sanctuaries.  I shouldn't be afraid to come on TFF or any other site because someone wants to be a jackass. Even if something doesn't trigger someone, I can guarantee it isn't pleasant to find a joke about heavy topics like suicide, gender dysphoria, or assault.

Even if you are just joking, it makes me extremely uncomfortable and it's not necessary at all. There's absolutely no reason why you should compare anything to rape or suicide.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 01:51:52 AM by Epilogue »

There are two kinds of people in this world. A French horn player is better than both of them.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #4954 on: March 20, 2016, 02:29:01 AM »
I understand completely Epilogue. You have to know that I never meant to hurt you. And if I did I am really, truly sorry.
Oh woof

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #4955 on: March 20, 2016, 02:32:00 AM »
We should just let it go. People opened their mouths without thinking and now I just getting slowed dragged out

I wish people would think before they talk. Then im sorry is supposed to be acceptable

Yes im sure you're sorry for the shit you just drug up but hey its alright now im not gonna sleep tonight
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
« Reply #4956 on: March 20, 2016, 02:53:03 AM »
But people here don't have the right to talk about that sort of thing.

The rules say that you shouldn't discuss anything that would make someone uncomfortable and anything of explicit nature.
Obviously it's a pretty broad statement but I can tell you firsthand that assault will make anyone uncomfortable.

Any material of a sexually explicit nature is not allowed.[/q]
[/font]
  • Any material found to be inappropriate for minors or offensive is not acceptable.[/l]
    [/font]

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 02:56:51 AM by Epilogue »

Offline kalan

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
« Reply #4957 on: March 20, 2016, 02:59:18 AM »
Honestly I despise it when I say I'm triggered by something, and someone says I'm weak or I should "suck it up".

There are certain situations where people toss around the term just so they can get out of something, but some people, like me, have had trauma and hardship inflicted on them, and honestly I want to keep my insecurities out of the places I use as sanctuaries.  I shouldn't be afraid to come on TFF or any other site because someone wants to be a jackass. Even if something doesn't trigger someone, I can guarantee it isn't pleasant to find a joke about heavy topics like suicide, gender dysphoria, or assault.

Even if you are just joking, it makes me extremely uncomfortable and it's not necessary at all. There's absolutely no reason why you should compare anything to rape or suicide.
Respect goes both ways. Apart from the usage of the term "triggered" (which I automatically link to some sjw from tumble and the like, but that's just my problem), I can really share what you say.

However keep in mind that no one here can read minds, amd we might not know about your fears, traumas and whatever. Furthermore this is a public forum. If I want to make a joke about gender dysphoria this doesn't make me a bad person automatically, and you can't really be offended at this. I mean, just ignore the post then. I don't understand why people in public should refrain from talking about certain topics because a minority is uncomfortable.

Long story short, if you don't want to hear jokes and comments about certain topics, tell people. And they will refrain from mentioning them around you. But don't try to singlehandedly decide what other people can talk about on a public forum.

But when I tell somebody to drop it and they just keep on with it they are no longer are respecting others and dont deserve it themselves
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
« Reply #4958 on: March 20, 2016, 03:06:06 AM »
You're right Sandor, but some comments are just purely unnecessary.
People just casually throw words around without fully realizing how they can affect people. If everyone just stopped caring about how the minority felt, we wouldn't get anything done that way either. No one would want to come onto the site if everyone was inconsiderate and rude.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:07:40 AM by Epilogue »

Offline kalan

• Velvety Vole
    • Awards
« Reply #4959 on: March 20, 2016, 03:09:05 AM »
You know I come back and it takes me all of about 5 minutes to remember why I left. And imagine that one again not a mod to be found
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #4960 on: March 20, 2016, 03:14:32 AM »
*sigh* no... I didn't want this to happen. Not again... and worst of all it's my fault...
Oh woof

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4961 on: March 20, 2016, 05:37:44 AM »
But people here don't have the right to talk about that sort of thing.

The rules say that you shouldn't discuss anything that would make someone uncomfortable and anything of explicit nature.
Obviously it's a pretty broad statement but I can tell you firsthand that assault will make anyone uncomfortable.

Any material of a sexually explicit nature is not allowed.[/q]
[/font]
  • Any material found to be inappropriate for minors or offensive is not acceptable.[/l]
    [/font][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l][/l]
[/q]

I'm pretty sure here we're not telepathic,  even if we were we can't read thoughts through the internet. While the rule is to not make anyone uncomfortable there could be other things that are not heavy topics that we may joke about or talk about that may offend someone so if it really is that bad, you should inform people beforehand and be proactive about it instead of reactive.

• On top of that. I dunno where you live ,but Here in America, we have something called freedom of speech I have the right to say whatever I want, however. this does not mean I SHOULD say whatever I want, and also I don't own this forum so the owner also has the right to kick or ban me for not following their rules. There is a big difference between A RIGHT and THE RIGHT THING.

If  I offended you with this, I'm very sorry, but i just had to say that. :'(
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 05:45:08 AM by Ambre »

Offline 138

• ϟ ϟ
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • You can't get no worse than dead
    • Awards
  • Species: Mustela Erminea
  • Coloring: White with a black tipped tail
  • Build: You can't cuddle a skeleton
« Reply #4962 on: March 20, 2016, 05:38:31 AM »
Jeez. Ha^

The song I'm listening to is called Everything Sux, so that's like ranting, right? Well, I'm doing pretty fab right now so. Ha

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4963 on: March 20, 2016, 09:22:16 AM »
Well, shoot, I came here late. I assume it's all settled down now. Please keep it that way.

Everything tastes bland for me. Both literally and figuratively. And despite this I feel hyperactive happy at times. My find is full of muck.

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
« Reply #4964 on: March 20, 2016, 11:55:27 AM »
In school I was never able to dye my hair blue or red, only "natural" colors.
What is so wrong with unnatural dyes? Whenever the school admins saw someone break the dress code, they justified it with "it's a distraction".

It is not my job to keep people on task. Dyed hair doesn't disrupt class, it's not illegal, and it's my hair so I can do whatever I want with it.

The same thing can be applied to actual dress. Obviously I wouldn't wear a shirt that exposes everything on my chest, but what's wrong with leggings? Unless whenever you bend down, the leggings thin and show your underwear, they're fine. Denim leggings, or "jeggings" are still leggings, so why can't I wear the fabric ones? Again, it's not my job to keep guys from looking at, like, my shoulder. Yoga pants never hurt anyone.

I understand that my school is trying to prepare us for the professional world, but not everyone is going into a white-collar job. I'm going to work at a zoo or a sanctuary, so I just need to wear something that's light, comfortable and covering. Some people plan to work from home, like my boyfriend, and of course you're not going to wear a polo and khakis on the battlefield.