The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 209303 times)

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #4980 on: March 21, 2016, 02:26:10 AM »
I know. At least I'm not in an arranged marriage or something... THAT would be a joke.
But people take religion so seriously, and I just have to ask why. But that's a question for another time.
But what's funny is that neither me or my boyfriend are religious, and like I said it's not only that... but it's kind of personal. Really personal.

Yeah, I'm sure there's some stuff that we can't know, and I wouldn't want to pry anyway ^^
I used to be protestant myself, though now I'm...I guess agnostic with pagan leanings. But still not really religious right now. I can see in some ways how people take it seriously since it can(depending on the religion) deal with our entire reality or life/death, and people often like to entangle it with morality which makes things muckier.

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 113 lbs.
  • Build: Feminine, petite.
  • Currently: Empty
« Reply #4981 on: March 21, 2016, 02:30:16 AM »
Yeah.
I just see religion as more of a personal thing, obviously people have united because of it, for the better or for the worse, but I think your beliefs just aren't anyone else's business. Your connection with God or whoever doesn't concern me, but that doesn't mean it can't be special to you.
But anyway, this issue is dumb.  :)

There are two kinds of people in this world. A French horn player is better than both of them.

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #4982 on: March 21, 2016, 02:36:42 AM »
Agreed.
Religion has really brought people together, but has also caused conflict. I dont like people that shove anything down my throat, like religion.
Or that your a vegan. Or that you're a girl gamer.
More OT im so **censor** frustrated at a certain type  of --"girl gamers." Who literally use thier gender so desperate guys could buy her things. THIS HAPPENS AND IT'S SO DEPRESSINGLY LOW. Seriously there's a fuckton of FTP games that are wonderful!
And if you're a girl and you game and stuff--That's fine. Please make that be clear to you, that's a cool trait! Just like being into sports or music.
wired as right now

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
« Reply #4983 on: March 21, 2016, 02:39:43 AM »
Thank you! It makes me feel ashamed to play games online because there's always that chick that's always begging for money or items and promising to show herself in just a bra or something... it's sickening.

There are two kinds of people in this world. A French horn player is better than both of them.

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4984 on: March 21, 2016, 02:41:36 AM »
Yeah.
I just see religion as more of a personal thing, obviously people have united because of it, for the better or for the worse, but I think your beliefs just aren't anyone else's business. Your connection with God or whoever doesn't concern me, but that doesn't mean it can't be special to you.
But anyway, this issue is dumb.  :)

Indeed. It can be a really great thing to people, or just something rather awful. It's how you use it and see it I guess.

Also, I'm a gamer. That happens to be a girl. I'm kinda broke though but I certainly don't ask people to buy me games(unless it's my birthday then maaaaaaaybe). I don't really know why games are stereotypically for guys anyway. I like bashing things with greatswords and feeling like I'm a bada** knight :>

Though I'm also into metal music, and that's kind of male-dominated too. I don't mind that very much tbh, except that I can never find shirts in my size. There are girls into it for sure(like meh) but I suppose you can also find some who are into it for shallow reasons like with 'gamer girls'.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 02:45:14 AM by ★Amethyst★ »

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #4985 on: March 21, 2016, 02:46:06 AM »
@Epi. Sure, I get that. I just went off on a tangent. There's a suprisingly large amount of girls on TFF compared to other communities i've seen.
@Amethyst. I understand that, but it's fine to do in like, moderation. Gamer are seen more for guys 'cause it's kinda less of a social, more of a generally competitive thing.

Hm. I feel much better than before hearing from you guys.
wired as right now

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4986 on: March 21, 2016, 02:53:19 AM »
Agreed.
Religion has really brought people together, but has also caused conflict. I dont like people that shove anything down my throat, like religion.
Or that your a vegan. Or that you're a girl gamer.
More OT im so **censor** frustrated at a certain type  of --"girl gamers." Who literally use thier gender so desperate guys could buy her things. THIS HAPPENS AND IT'S SO DEPRESSINGLY LOW. Seriously there's a fuckton of FTP games that are wonderful!
And if you're a girl and you game and stuff--That's fine. Please make that be clear to you, that's a cool trait! Just like being into sports or music.
Same thing here. Seeing how some women use the fact that they're, well, women just makes me sad. Like, people have fought for gender equality and you DEGRADE yourself so much that you use, no, sell your being a woman? How sad is that?

Well...to be honest I dislike the idea of ever doing it myself but if you want to do that with your own body and you're aware of any negative attention you may receive, you do you. *shrug* Gender equality doesn't mean you can't do something like that, but rather that you have the full choice to or not. But that's my opinion :p

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
« Reply #4987 on: March 21, 2016, 02:56:08 AM »
Like, people have fought for gender equality and you DEGRADE yourself so much that you use, no, sell your being a woman? How sad is that?

Hah, this is where female "empowerment" comes in.
No, displaying all of your natural-born gifts on the Internet is not empowering. It's disgusting and inappropriate.
May I remind you that you're showing more pride in being a woman by helping other women in need, instead of just bragging about what you have and making young girls feel like crap because they don't have as good of a body as you do.
By sexualizing yourself, you're just adding to the problem. Many men already see us just for our "assets", you're making the problem worse.

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4988 on: March 21, 2016, 03:08:01 AM »
Hm, I'm probably weird since I don't take /as/ much issue with women showing off their body(or men for that matter). I'm kind of a prude in some ways myself and I don't like skimpy stuff personally. I do find it dumb if people(regardless of gender) use their bodies merely to get free stuff or boast, but just showing your body? Eh, whatever. We all have one of those.

Pride in being a woman also sounds silly to me. I'd like to just have pride in being me. I mean, to be honest I tend to feel more androgynous, or both girly and 'tomboyish'. But that's a different topic I suppose.

Just some of my opinions :p

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #4989 on: March 21, 2016, 06:23:00 AM »
Like, people have fought for gender equality and you DEGRADE yourself so much that you use, no, sell your being a woman? How sad is that?

Hah, this is where female "empowerment" comes in.
No, displaying all of your natural-born gifts on the Internet is not empowering. It's disgusting and inappropriate.
May I remind you that you're showing more pride in being a woman by helping other women in need, instead of just bragging about what you have and making young girls feel like crap because they don't have as good of a body as you do.
By sexualizing yourself, you're just adding to the problem. Many men already see us just for our "assets", you're making the problem worse.
You know i actually hate makeup and lipstick, don't like me how I 'naturally' look? Well then you don't like me.

On another note I prefer girls like
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for Hidden:

[size=0px]On another note I wish and hope that relations with your parents and your boyfriend and his parents gets better, sounds like one of those old blasted Romeo and Juliet scenes...[/size]

Our parents get along fine together, they just don't want us dating because of religious crap (my family is Catholic, his is Protestant), as well as a few other things.
I'm pretty sure both of those have the same end result, with a few minor things, that should not affect a relationship.

People really need to let go of long time grudges or whatever against religion, it's mainly what starts conflicts, the constant 'fued' between two religions. The other thing is  that just like furries there are some incredibly idiotic self centered "religious people  that everyone like to make a stereotype out of because it's more 'drama' Ya know I hate drama too.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 06:39:25 AM by Ambre »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4990 on: March 21, 2016, 10:34:39 AM »
The Catholic/Protestant conflict is still relevant? I thought most Christian denominations were antiquated at this point. Like, all most people care about is believing in God and Jesus and that's it.

My grandma and grandpa were Catholic and Lutheran, and pretty religious too.

On topic: My wrists get sore easily so it's difficult to draw for long. I just can't have fun drawing anymore, can I? I'm losing hope of keeping my "artist" title.

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #4991 on: March 21, 2016, 11:12:18 AM »
That's sad Geoffrey. But it doesn't mean you aren't an artist anymore. In their old age, most artists do things like teach  to keep that spirit alive. And you're very far from that. Just make sure to pace yourself.
Oh woof

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4992 on: March 22, 2016, 02:23:50 AM »
Ergh, I think I've sprained my ankle.

I stepped on it funny earlier today but it stopped hurting pretty quickly. But now a few hours later it's pretty painful. It's not swelling at all and I can move it/walk a little(albeit with some pain). I guess I'll ice it tonight and keep an eye on it. If it still hurts really bad tomorrow I guess I'll think about going to the doctor. I really don't want to miss school :/

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #4993 on: March 22, 2016, 02:31:06 AM »
Ergh, I think I've sprained my ankle.

I stepped on it funny earlier today but it stopped hurting pretty quickly. But now a few hours later it's pretty painful. It's not swelling at all and I can move it/walk a little(albeit with some pain). I guess I'll ice it tonight and keep an eye on it. If it still hurts really bad tomorrow I guess I'll think about going to the doctor. I really don't want to miss school :/
Ow i know that feeling. :( I hope you feel better.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4994 on: March 23, 2016, 12:48:29 AM »
"Check out this song by [band]"
"EWW, that's not real [music subgenre], that's pure horse shit! Listen to this REAL [music subgenre]!"
*music sounds exactly the same*

T_T