The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 213294 times)

Offline L1am

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 1 year
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Liam's Museum
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: Green and Brown
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Balling 😎
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #7650 on: May 31, 2024, 01:37:32 PM »
Ftm, I'm lucky enough that I honestly haven't experienced much transphobia beyond my dad, a friend's parent and a small handful of unimportant people. I feel like it def makes it hit harder though :/

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog
« Reply #7651 on: June 08, 2024, 10:51:35 PM »
I hope they will understand you soon. It's absolutely horrible to be something you're not only for the sake of keeping an image for others upright ._.

I feel like any amount of transphobia is unlucky and can really be something damaging  :/ All I can say is L1am, be you! That's all we can really be and doing that is always the right thing to do  ^_^ I'm sure your father isn't normally a spiteful person and no parent hates their child: he is not being himself due to some odd beliefs.

Offline L1am

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 1 year
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Liam's Museum
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: Green and Brown
  • Currently: Balling 😎
« Reply #7652 on: June 10, 2024, 04:27:59 AM »
Thank you for the encouragement, though I don't think I'd ever describe my dad as spiteful lol  :)

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog
« Reply #7653 on: June 13, 2024, 10:15:24 AM »
Ah thank god!  :) that's good to know! Sorry for using such assuming words!

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Get Equipped With Floof
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
« Reply #7654 on: September 30, 2024, 04:18:39 PM »
-Sigh- hi, everyfur.

Disappointed in myself today. I've been so good with my anger management; it's been about .... Three years since I last had a temper meltdown? Well, that is, until today. I feel like a massive child for it!
So, I'm all but clean out of food; I finished everything up so that I could travel for the weekend. All good! Had a wonderful trip. I got back late last night, so everywhere was closed, being that it is Sunday. So, no big deal - I'll go Monday! Well, that's today, isn't it? Guys, I left my house at 12:23 - no good, torrential downpour. We've even got flooding. I have a weak immune system, so I can't get cold and wet like that - and the umbrella has gone run-abouts. Flooding scheduled until 7pm... Well... Okay, so I'll make some rice, and check out online groceries!
Pan is in the dishwasher for the next 30 minutes. Whatever. So I try to order groceries; no slots open until Wednesday - that's no good! I've got no eggs, no milk, no bread, no meats, nothing in my fridge, no fruit... So, what, I'll try this new service called Chop-Chop! By now I'm quite hungry and picking at all kinds of random shelf-stable items I've got. So I put off making my rice, because surely this Chop-Chop service will be quick to sort out!

Yeah. No.
I wasn't frustrated at this point. So I find all of my groceries - 10 minutes to find it all, wow, how nice! It's an app only service, though... Oh well, that's fine. IS IT FINE!?

Because when I go to check out - Oh, here is where the rodeo starts!
It refuses my phone number.. Then my account password... Okay, on my computer, resetting my password. It still doesn't like it... And now it hates my number. I finally managed to get the number AND password to work, and ... It hates my address.
Well, that's fine! I'm patient. I put my address in a few times until it accepts it. I have, by now, written my phone number in 5 times. Alright, pay by card! I write my details in..... It hates it. I re-write my details. Nothing. I change a few things - is the address having a moment with it? My name? The format of the expiry date?
I decide to try Google Pay instead. I type in my card details, and my billing address... "ADDRESS IS DIFFERENT TO ADDRESS LISTED, WE ARE RESTARTING YOUR APP TO YOUR NEW LOCATION" You %£*@(£$ $(%^ OF A $(%^* %@£$(%$)% SON OF A £$(* ---- Okay, I'll ... Put.. Everything back in my basket. Try again through all of these steps. Complaining the whole way down. TRIPLE-CHECK my address. It.. goes through! ALMOST! I just need to confirm in my bank account that it's me making this payment! The heralds are singing as I select 'yes, it is me'! It only took 35 minutes of constantly babying this thing, and--

[There was an error]

:crazy: Hm?

[bank notificaiton: We have temporarily blocked your card] ... From... The payment... I just told you... Was me? You.......... Blocked it................ Okay, well, I've unblocked my card and confirmed again that it's me, and.... [App has restarted and emptied my basket]
 :| ...  9_9 ...  D:
And so... I screamed at full volume at my phone, and I pounded my fist on the desk like a child, and I had to walk out into the other room and do my breathing exercises. I'm really frustrated with myself for acting like that. I ended up borrowing the partner's card........ About two hours later. I'm now waiting for it to arrive  9_9
That's a solid hour of my life I'm never going to get back! I feel like such an idiot for being so technologically inept. It almost bloody killed me a few years back, because I couldn't sign on to my doctors without a proof of address, and I could only do that through my bank, which I still needed to get updated - which I could only do through the app, which had an automatic 'address finder' which had a drop-down... That didn't scroll, so I couldn't scroll to click our apartment number... And oh, all of the customer services were automated bots! And I could not find a single human being! The closest franchise was 8 hours away.. And closed for the next three days. And so I was forced to wait until it was bad enough for me to need to go to emergency care. To which it had gotten so bad, that it almost became sepsis and was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. And it didn't need to get that bad! And it wouldn't have, if a stupid drop-down list was scrollable. And I just think - why do we let our lives be ruled by these horrible 'smart' automated processes?! I HATE THEM! HATE!!!

Edit; I went back in with my partner's card, right? All is fine. Except... My delivery window comes and goes. I hang out in the lobby for 10 minutes watching, then I go back to my room. "I'm outside!" I get the phonecall. Then it's 15 minutes of me standing outside in torrential downpour trying to direct this poor lad to my front door. I'm thoroughly soaked, he's not having a good time either, and it took six hours from downloading the app to get my food - and I still got a soaking for my troubles!
And now I wonder.. Why I didn't just order an umbrella online through one of these quick convenience stores, and go myself...? Oh well. I'll make sure to have two umbrellas.  x_x T_T
So yes, no, today was a bit of a wild chase - and it's only 6:30. I'm going to have a hot shower so I don't catch pneumonia, and then grumble to myself as I make dinner.. Then probably collapse in a heap and read some Astro Boy all evening! Which is what I had wanted to do after lunch... Read a chapter or two... Ho hum.
P.S; my garden is flooding  >.>
« Last Edit: September 30, 2024, 05:39:52 PM by ZaraRaEchidna »

ZARA-RA!!