The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: drugs  (Read 833 times)

Offline randombacon

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf
  • Coloring: white and green
  • Height: 6'5
drugs
« on: May 25, 2010, 12:35:45 AM »
i have a freind that says he wants to start taking drugs because his life is horrible and im a little worried because i dont know what he will do to get money for drugs and stuff like that what do i do i only see him at school and i only have 1 week left of school
-spell caster
-random likes to have fun
-fun and cereal at the same time
-don't give me problems and you get to keep your fur

Offline Silence the Splicer

• Boisterous Bear
  • rawr
    • Awards
  • Species: splicer
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: thin
Re: drugs
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 06:18:48 AM »
That depends, are they prescribed drugs or illegal drugs? if they're prescribed It's ok, but if not then I suggest talking him out of it as best you can. They'll ruin his life, and affect everyone close to him.
By Jove!

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 10:06:48 PM »
I personally believe that if you take a little bit of drugs and make sure to force yourself not to get addicted (very hard which is what I'm about to explain) its alright, but it does have horrible effects on everyone. If he gets doctor prescribed depression drugs then it isn't a problem but from your context I am almost entirely sure that you're not talking about those. Well he probably won't have the money and he will probably get addicted, so try to talk about it. Also what I found helps with depression is finding a spirituality, but that craps not what a modern person would do. Well if you can't talk him out of it and you thing he's getting to this goal then if you have to tell someone like a parent. He might not like you to much for a while after but it will save him most likely.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 05:06:23 AM »
You can straight up tell him he's being stupid. His life will only get worse. I was down that road and I know where it'll take you. It goes to two different places: The Grave or Jail. I was able to make a U-Turn (at the next "legal" oppertunity) when I found out that drugs were making me suicidal. But I'll tell you that I never ONCE actually paid for drugs. I always had them given to me as a "sample." It went on for a few months. Crack, shrooms, acid, weed. The usual.

I actually dont remember why I started taking drugs. I think I was drunk. The point is that they don't solve anything. In fact, you get worse. You body starts shutting down, you get more depressed, and you're likely to either die from an OD or suicide if you don't end up in jail. It's easier to not start in the first place rather than trying to quit.

Offline tsutoma

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black, Gray, Red, and rave colors if needed :)
  • Weight: 110 pounds
  • Build: Fast, Strong, but I am gentle :)
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 06:12:07 AM »
 :( drugs are tough. I know some people into drugs, just make sure your friend knows the true outcome of drugs, usually addiction leading to occasional death. Try getting him into another way to make his life feel better as well, invite him over, throw a surprise party or something just to cheer him up...

Offline Barel(L)

• Vibrating Furby
  • Murrrr ~<3
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/skunk hybrid
  • Coloring: Black with Blue, White, and Purple
  • Height: ~ 6'6' / 2m
  • Weight: ~ 200 lb / 98 Kg
  • Build: lithe
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 06:36:32 PM »
[removed]

You should definately try your best to talk him out of it, but try not to go too hard on him. If he still wants to start up on them, [removed] And no matter what, don't let yourself get pressured into it too, just because your friends do it. I hope this helps you out, man.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:35:35 PM by WingedZephyr, Reason: Inappropriate content »

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 11:42:29 PM »
Allow me to remind you all that there are minors here, and that we are not allowed to advocate anything illegal here. Regardless of your views on whether or not certain drugs are "okay" is not up for debate here. If you want to help randombacon with the issue he posted, that's fine, but if it's illegal, keep it off the public forum.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Barel(L)

• Vibrating Furby
  • Murrrr ~<3
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 12:14:37 PM »
That's totally ok, Zw, but I wasn't trying to support it, only giving my own experiences wih it, and stating how it hasn't been such a negative thing for me as with the others. While i'll admit your point that i was, in a way, sticking up for an illegal substance, this is only in comparison to other substances. I wasn not telling him that he should do it, only that it is a somewhat better alternative to these others. My advice was definately to try and talk him out of it first, and the other only as a backup.

Offline Packedsnack

• Pigment Weaver
  • Avid Aardvark
  • I shape the way the cookie crumbles.
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Light grey with white underbelly
  • Weight: 55kg
  • Build: Lean
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 08:47:04 AM »
That's so cute Barel... So formal in the face of Zephyr's might ^-^

Anyway, on the subject of drugs, I say there's always another way without destroying the sanctity of your body. I got through a two year depression with \out even a drop of alchohol, so I think that, so a certain extent, anyone can.
I'm guessing the mystery girl is some kind of root vegetable.

Offline Barel(L)

• Vibrating Furby
  • Murrrr ~<3
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 02:15:41 AM »

Well, Zephyr's a Moderator, and I a lowly newbie. I just know that my place is on bottom, and I'm comfortable in it. (pun intended, but if you don't get it don't ask me to explain, it's not happening :P)

Although, to re-iterate my point, which i feel was damaged by ZW's thorough censorship, even though i use a drug, I don't think randombacon's friend should start them at all, depression and drugs don't mix, trying to escape his problems with mind-altering substances will only make the problems worse, cause him to be less able to deal with them, and is likely to lead him down a road to dependance, hospitilization, and possibly even hard time and/or death by OD. I'm not trying to scare you or him with this advice, I'm just telling it how i see it because I can't let a fellow human being do something like this to themselves without at least trying to convince them otherwise.

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 03:00:21 AM »
i have a freind that says he wants to start taking drugs because his life is horrible and im a little worried because i dont know what he will do to get money for drugs and stuff like that what do i do i only see him at school and i only have 1 week left of school

if you dont want him to do drugs

show 'em a picture of the 'Before/After' pictures of a heroin addict or a crack addict, and ask him

"Do you really want to be an addict?"

Most likely he'll crap bricks and not do drugs.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 03:05:14 AM »

Well, Zephyr's a Moderator, and I a lowly newbie. I just know that my place is on bottom, and I'm comfortable in it. (pun intended, but if you don't get it don't ask me to explain, it's not happening :P)

Although, to re-iterate my point, which i feel was damaged by ZW's thorough censorship, even though i use a drug, I don't think randombacon's friend should start them at all, depression and drugs don't mix, trying to escape his problems with mind-altering substances will only make the problems worse, cause him to be less able to deal with them, and is likely to lead him down a road to dependance, hospitilization, and possibly even hard time and/or death by OD. I'm not trying to scare you or him with this advice, I'm just telling it how i see it because I can't let a fellow human being do something like this to themselves without at least trying to convince them otherwise.

If you have a problem with me, you ought to take it up with the other admin, Tweak, not rant about it here.

And I am an administrator, not a moderator; my name is WingedZephyr, if you're going to abbreviate my name, please at least bother to get the two letters in the correct order; and, if it makes you feel any better, I took this matter up with Tweak before I did anything about it.

And like I said before, whether or not certain drugs are "okay" or not has nothing to do with this. It. is. illegal. We try to keep the forum at a PG-13 level here because we have minors around, and you should be able to understand that saying "well this drug isn't bad" isn't a message we want to send to our forum members. If you really wanted to send your advice along to randombacon you could have just as easily PMed him about it, and it wouldn't have been a problem.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Poster Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 03:08:39 AM »
And to add to Gabag's notion, you could go a step further with showing of before and after on organs that are targeted with specific drugs. I won't go into the grotesque details, but all drugs target a specific organ, though they do collateral damage elsewhere.

But primarily, there are people that can help with the situation if the friend were to ask for help. Substance abuse is not the way to go, please do find some way to help.