The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I shot one of my friends...twice.  (Read 564 times)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
I shot one of my friends...twice.
« on: May 27, 2010, 03:42:15 AM »
Approximately 2 hours ago, the worst had occured. The day was going great and my friend and I were shooting stuff in the backyard with .177 calibers. Anywho, armed with 7 guns and 1 being an automatic, we proceeded to have our fun. Later in the day, I was working while he was cleaning up the mess. He came to me and handed me my own guns back, one of them was the automatic. Long story short, my automatic discharged shooting him twice in the throat. I cannot help be feel totally responsible for what happened seeing as I was holding it when it fired. I'd like to say I was being safe but I wasn't. I was checking to see if it was loaded but my finger slipped and then there were a few loud bangs and he's clenching his throat. He's alright now but he did need some first aid but he didn't think it was ER worthy (what a G) despite me insisting I take him.

I am so guilt ridden right now and he's got two bullet holes in the neck because of me. I'm just glad he wasn't shot in the eye and I missed his jugular by an inch. He said not to worry about it but it didn't make me feel any better...I'm beginning to suspect he's going to get me back somehow.

Reassurance? Anyone?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 02:27:10 AM by Spike »

Offline AirRaiser

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • It's AR for short
    • Peanutbutter & Sandwhich
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline Gargoyle
  • Coloring: Black with white streaks
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 175lbs
  • Build: Femine
Re: I shot one of my friends...twice.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 10:02:05 AM »
Uhhh, well that's a first. Umm it will be a funny story when you're old. O.o;; Maybe he'll have a cool scar... I dunno what to say here. Just wow. *Hugs*

::::
Commissions are OPEN
::::

"I do not conform to popular stupidity"
"TURBO FAT" - Shoebox

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 10:11:16 AM »
Aww man, i know how it feels to be guilty about it... but seriously, you cant be totally super-safe all the time... after all, where would be the fun in life?
For instance, when in Slovakia my cousin managed to hit me in the hand with a woodsmans axe... we where just mucking around and he missed, catching me a blow with the blade at an angle.... sure i felt kinda resentfull to him at first, but now it's just a story i tell and we both get on just as well as we did before 
:P

Anyway, so long as he isnt badly injured, like you said it could have been worse... jugular or eye would have lead to somthing permanent... and as for him getting you back? He's your friend, he should realise it was a mistake, an accident and really i dont think he'l be trying to 'get you back'....

So anyway, just make sure your extra-nice to him in the short run, and really i think it should be okay.... I'm just glad to hear he's okay and that it wasnt in the eye, that would have been the worst outcome  :/
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 11:20:02 AM »
He survived because you took action to try to remedy the situation instead of listening to him and letting him be as he told you.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 03:02:54 PM »
Actually, hitting the jugular would have been the worst outcome, Kitt. The eye probably would come in second.

Anyways, Spike, just be happy it turned out well. If he says it's fine, it's fine...though he still should have gone to the ER.
He's not going to try to "get you back". That would be completely stupid.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 07:57:36 PM »
Yeah I hope one day he and I will be able to laugh about this.

Thanks, guys.

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 08:10:07 PM »
If he says he's really truly fine even if he isn't as fine as he says if he's going to lie about it for your reassurance he isn't to badly affected. I do recommend he go to the doctors anyway.....

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 02:20:08 AM »
and so... another lesson is learned. Guns are deadly weapons, and life cannot be brought back. The world carries on and people grow a little bit smarter.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Packedsnack

• Pigment Weaver
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I shape the way the cookie crumbles.
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Light grey with white underbelly
  • Weight: 55kg
  • Build: Lean
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 04:04:08 AM »
Amen, asia.

As long as the wound heals, so will your freindship. Trust me, I know >.<
I'm guessing the mystery girl is some kind of root vegetable.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 04:18:18 AM »
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. It was an accident, but thankfully nobody was killed; gun precautions should always be first proxy.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer