The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What do you think I should be?  (Read 780 times)

MortuarySin

What do you think I should be?
« on: May 30, 2010, 12:35:46 PM »
Yup, me again. :D Still don't have a fursona that sticks, but I have heard that some people base theirs on how they look in person or whatever? So I thought it'd be interesting to try it. I only have a few pics up on my myspace but does a any particular animal come to mind? :D

Offline Mito Blue

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • The Machinist
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Height: 5 ft. 8 in.
  • Weight: 200
  • Build: Toned
Re: What do you think I should be?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 03:10:12 PM »
You've probably heard this kind of advice before, but in case you haven't, here is my 2 cents. Your fursona is something you should choose. For me, I chose it based on my favorite animal. Some may choose on their personality. Some choose which animal they feel they are spiritually connected to. Some may choose by the animal they don't like. Some may choose to be unique. Personally, I don't think you should let other people choose your fursona since it is based on you. Other people can't tell you who you are. So even if it takes a lot of time to come up with one, stick with thinking about what species you would like to be. Look at different animals and see what does it for you. You can even mix and match if you want.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 04:06:51 PM »
I agree with Mito 100%, it's not up for others to decide. However if I knew you better, I could give my thoughts of course XD
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline TechRoo

• The furry Programmer
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your anthro programmer...
    • Homepage
    • Awards
  • Species: Kangaroo
  • Coloring: blue / green
  • Height: 6'3 / 1,91M
  • Weight: 154Lbs / 70Kg
  • Build: Sporty/bouncy
  • Currently: Oh no.... This IS my happy face.....
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 09:44:17 PM »
I agree with Mito and WWG, just choose something that fits you. My advice would be to look at what animals you like, or fit your personality.
I chose a fox because it kinda fits my personality. And after all, a fursona is just a furry persona, and the only one that can make your persona is you  ;)
-Trixsie Vixen "Chuck Norris called me Skippy once...  Once!"

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 09:47:07 PM »
LYNX DAMNIT!

<_< == >_>

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 03:25:13 AM »
Like The Lead Programmer said, it's just a furry you. I say it's best to base off of personality, but that's my opinion, I feel spiritually connected to somewhat opposite my fursona is a pure black feral panther who loves fire where my fursona is a white with some black tiger who loves ice, and my appearance is a wolf, but I chose mine from personality, but you can choose from any. Also if you think about all three for a little you might make something.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 04:38:29 AM »
Based off what you're asking, it seems that you don't really care what your fursona ends up being. Hey, that's just what I pick up. *shrug*

Picking a fursona isn't that hard. You can go back and change your character anytime so you could really go with anything you want. I chose my fursona, Spike, because he embodies everything I ever was, wished I was, and am. He is a fox because I always loved foxes (especially the desert kind :P), my favorite brand is Fox Racing, my favorite cartoon characters have always been foxes, and I like the bushy tail. >_>

Offline Packedsnack

• Pigment Weaver
  • Avid Aardvark
  • I shape the way the cookie crumbles.
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Light grey with white underbelly
  • Weight: 55kg
  • Build: Lean
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 08:59:32 AM »
The way I see it, the longer you stay in the fandom the more sure you'll become. I mean, even though I didnt discover it, I was a fan in my head for years before. You'd be surprised how long it takes.
I'm guessing the mystery girl is some kind of root vegetable.

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 02:15:04 PM »
Something that could be made pretty dark, I'm guessing...
Maybe a hyena? Seen some pretty cool hyenas in my days. :)

Offline Barel(L)

• Vibrating Furby
  • Murrrr ~<3
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/skunk hybrid
  • Coloring: Black with Blue, White, and Purple
  • Height: ~ 6'6' / 2m
  • Weight: ~ 200 lb / 98 Kg
  • Build: lithe
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 02:36:40 AM »
Something that could be made pretty dark, I'm guessing...

With dyes, anything can be made dark. I agree with Mito and WWG that you should choose for yourself. Just pick something and later on, if you find it doesn't quite fit you, you can change it to fit better. If you're just looking for a suggestion to start from, try something common like a fox, cat, wolf and so on. You'll get more comfortable in your own fur eventually and by then you'll know whether what you've picked fits well or if you want something else.

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 04:00:16 PM »
True that...
Anything could be made to look like that with a talented enough artist....
I think you should go with something unexpected, like a mouse, an d like Barel says, change it to suit your personality.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 07:22:53 PM »
I agree with pretty much everything said so far, especially how you should really decide for yourself and let your 'sona be a reflection of you somehow. It doesn't have to be totally you, it could be one side of you, a more idealised version or maybe simply a you raised in a different way. In any case, experiment, look for what you personally want and come to the decision yourself. While most people probably would say that the species is important, I personally think that while you can't ignore it, the exact species of your 'sona is less important than who they are, who you are and their defining traits for appearance, behaviour and personality.
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Ho'ne Diheart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Ghost Bolf (bear/wolf)
  • Coloring: black and redish brown
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: Stocky
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 09:21:59 AM »
I would say go with wolves, but they are too many around and Jacob screwed that up for us so I don't know, just go wild with it. They are plenty of animals to choose form and plenty of hybrids chooses, like White, he is a Wolgon (wolf dragon) I heard some one was a Wolf/aviarion fur. There endless possibilities of fursonas. Like mine for example, I am a Spectrum Canis Lupus, or a Spirit wolf in short. Clothing would also help abit. 

Offline Packedsnack

• Pigment Weaver
  • Avid Aardvark
  • I shape the way the cookie crumbles.
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Light grey with white underbelly
  • Weight: 55kg
  • Build: Lean
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 03:48:21 AM »
I would say go with wolves

Oof.

Obscure animals like platypi and meercats always go down well, and by taking the more extreme, less "all round" animals it's far easier to get the feel for your fursona.

And you can never have too many Carli clone chinchillas o.o
I'm guessing the mystery girl is some kind of root vegetable.