The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Life in Fur (a furry rant)  (Read 472 times)

Offline Jaga

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Furry Lifestyler
    • Jaga's Locations
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Fox
  • Coloring: Grey pelt with black tipping. White belly and inner ears. Blue eyes. Black spot on hip, electric purple hair, purple streaks through tail tip
  • Height: 5ft 8in
  • Weight: 113lbs
  • Build: Slim and Slender
Life in Fur (a furry rant)
« on: June 04, 2010, 12:00:05 PM »
So i was thinking, I have never really been much of a human. Ever sense I was just a cub I have acted like and believed that I was an animal more than anything.

I can relate to therianthropy even though I am not a wolf, im a fox. I agree with its symbolism and practices, and the animal "transformation" and "spirit" thing. I tried being a "werewolf" during middle school...then just went back to my fursona ...but i still as a young adult 100% believe that I AM in fact an animal.

This is a touchy subject and sometimes becomes confusing for me and for others...living as a "furry lifestyler" is the same yet different than just regular furries. Its like all the aspects of the furry culture as well as adding in some therian or other "animal spiritual" beliefs.

I love everything furry and as I mentioned in the "how furry are you" topic, I act furry every day. I just feel alone at times, its hard to find other furs that are as serious about it as I am.

I mis the days that ears and tails were not outlawed in my school, and cant wait these last 2 weeks till graduation when I will be free to be a fox again...I feel complete with my furry appendages on...without them...I feel like I am hiding...it may sound stupid....but I long for those days where I was in a group of 8-15 furs all in tails collars and ears and acting like animals....thats my true happiness....
-----------------------------

I am furry, there for your argument is invalid...

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Life in Fur (a furry rant)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 04:18:01 PM »
Yea... I understand that.
(I'm a furry lifestyler too. Its hard sometimes...)

I try to tell non-furs about the "norm" furries (The ones who don't take it as seriously) when they ask, thus my post.
Even with other furs, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells sometimes, because the things that non-furs see and call us out on, its the lifestylers beleifs. Its kinda like we're the ones that have to be "thrown under the bus" in a certain sense... So that's why I try and hide it, especialy around non-furs.

I thnk that I may have been a wolf in one of my past lives, and many people just don't get that idea of reincarnation. I think that people should be more accepting, or at the least, tolerant. As long as I'm not hurting anyone, people shouldn't care. [/rant]

[off-topic] I saw your art on FA, and its awesome! Do you have any tutorials?[/off-topic]

Offline Jaga

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Furry Lifestyler
    • Jaga's Locations
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Fox
  • Coloring: Grey pelt with black tipping. White belly and inner ears. Blue eyes. Black spot on hip, electric purple hair, purple streaks through tail tip
  • Height: 5ft 8in
  • Weight: 113lbs
  • Build: Slim and Slender
Re: Life in Fur (a furry rant)
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 05:49:28 PM »
tutorials...well i do them live locally...and at cons...but not really online yet. and thanks'

by the way, its a pleasure meeting someone like myself...it means alot to me >.<....i hope we can talk more soon
-----------------------------

I am furry, there for your argument is invalid...