The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Twice to Ahead  (Read 6114 times)

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
Twice to Ahead
« on: June 21, 2010, 02:53:39 AM »
((Please visit the OOC and get approved before posting: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=12121.0 ))

When you’ve spent all of your life underground, nothing is more breathtaking, nothing fills a heart with more hope, nothing makes you want to smile like you never have before…than to see the pale blue sky for the first time. It proves to you at last that there is indeed something beyond the bland white ceiling, metal vents and florescent lights--- things that, since you could remember, were what served as the roof, the enclosure to your world.

Yet for six-year-old Mondenkind, this feeling of elation was quickly lost to an all too familiar feeling of misery.

They’d finally got the green light. They finally were able to bring her out of the subterranean labs and onto the base itself. Sadly, she wasn’t able to see much of anything fresh and new. The inside of the humvee had been mostly metal, and the windows were narrow and far between, granting her only a violet-tinted, fleeting glance of the Air Force base’s buildings and the sky she so craved beyond them.

And before she had the chance to enjoy even this small view, the army green humvee pulled off the main road and glided down a ramp into what she registered as a parking garage.

Now the girl paused, half-stunned, after jumping down from the vehicle. Behind her, a PTA guard gently shut the door. She wrapped her arms around herself and shook from side to side in disbelief. This wasn’t what she’d thought it would be. It wasn’t bright and green and beautiful. There were no normal people to talk to, no sweets, and, without question--- no sky. This looked almost exactly the same as the place she’d just came from: grey concrete floor, meshed with walls of plaster, held together with pillars of yet more concrete, a local favorite due to security reasons. It was big; large enough to hold several hundred cars. Huge panels of thrumming electric light were grafted into the grimy ceiling.

To the right, she could see the ramp which had led down here, striped with patterns of white paint that told where one should drive, and where one shouldn’t. At the tip-top, a stripe of white light beckoned, and she did know, very well, that that was the real world, out there, under the sun and alongside the whims of nature. But it was not going to be hers to enjoy. Not now at least…

Because they’d lied to her again.

A promise to the PTA was worth about as much as a grain of sand…you can collect however many promises you want, bucketfuls, but when the tide comes to wash them away, then they’re gone, forever intermixed and indistinguishable among the promises of everyone else in the world. She was used to this. Though that didn’t mean she would pass up the offer to be brought above ground, despite how shady that offer had been.

A hand touched on her shoulder. “Time to go,” the guard behind her whispered, and he pushed on her softly. “Come along now.”

Mondenkind did not want to go with him. She wanted to break loose from her inhibitions and run full tilt into the outside world. She wanted to feel the sun on her back, the wind in her white-blond hair, fill her mind with wonder and happiness to be alive. These things, however, were far beyond her capability. She found herself forced to follow orders, like she always was. Still hugging herself, tail dragging dejectedly on the floor, she fell in line directly in front of the guard and looked up at him with big cerulean eyes, her face contorted into an expression of passive irritation. Her stomach swirled bitterly.

The man was the one who’d driven her here alone. He was burly, tan-skinned, seemingly too big for the tight stitching and perfect seams of his black suit. Despite the way his Hollywood-esque wavy blond hair seemed like a ridiculous match for the rest of him, his drawn face did not come off as funny at all as he frowned down at her. “Good girl,” he said.

Then he started to herd her towards the elevator on the far side of the garage like a heeler herds cows, pushing and nudging, and, when she’d go too far in the wrong direction…smacking her lightly upside the head. From what he’d been told, the little girl couldn’t talk. And if she couldn’t talk, she had to also be somewhat slow in the head, making simply telling her what to do a useless venture.

He wondered, with this, exactly how the big wigs planned on making her confess.

Anna remembered the ‘farm’ and Charlie. But that was all she wanted to remember.

Dreams came back to her…wanting to be a truck driver, later a chef. Wishes and hopes floated back into her head like a breeze through spider silk. Caught for the moment. Her father. His cows…she hadn’t wanted to raise cows.

She’d wanted to be with Charlie. And so she was now, right beside him in her unit.

What she had not planned on was joining the Air Force. Sure, the thought had come to the strapping young tomboy, but she tended to brush such aspirations away, thinking she’d be no good at it, thinking she’d only end up failing. After all, there wasn’t much to her--- she was, basically, a skinny Mexican-American, with skin like caramel and bobbed dark brown hair. And that was all.

But Charlie, her cousin, had seen something more in Anna.

Smiling, he’d flagged her down at the recruiting station and given her the paperwork…from there it was history.

History does so bend and twist, and this was how she ended up here, at the edge of Utah’s Violet Lake, a handful of miles away from the Force base itself. The new recruits, herself included, wanted to enjoy their last days of freedom before training started. So they’d snagged a few unsuspecting Jeeps, loaded up, cranked some classic rock, and had driven on down to the lake for some swimming, flirting, and sun.

Uninterested in being adventurous, Anna hung back from the others, stretched out on a beach towel atop the red sand, clad in a white one-piece. Her eyes scanned the far horizon and red-kissed cliffs, the scraggly bushes, the water…contrary to its name, the lake did not have a violet hue. The majority of it was a normal, deep green-blue, the edges clear enough to see down for several yards. All in all, very pretty.

“Hey, Anna!”

The hearty voice called out from nowhere, loud enough to carry over the loud rock music blaring around them and even over the hollers of the other recruits. But she recognized it.

She glanced up, propping herself up on her elbows and taking off her sunglasses. “What the hell do you want, Charlie?” Her eyebrow raised when she saw where the equally skinny Latino was, perched atop a small cliff on the edge of the water, ready to dive in without fear.

“Why don’t you come jump in with me? It’s not that cold, I swear!”

“Prove it! I’m not going in there....freaking punk...

“Fine! I’ll come drag you in, then. Not really Air Force material, are you? Being such a chicken.” Charlie began to clamber down from the cliff, indeed coming to fetch her.

Anna rolled her eyes and repositioned her sunglasses. It was going to be a long afternoon.
x

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Twice to Ahead
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 10:34:36 AM »
"This is Wildcat.SK to tower control, come in tower control... requesting permission to land....."

-Kszchhhh-

"This is tower control... Wildcat.SK please maintain current position while we verify...."

The cockpit of the Mi-24 Hind Gunship juddered and shook, as the pilot pulled carefully on the controls, brining it into a controlled hover several thousand feet above the wide Air-force base... Leaning to the left slightly, he stared down at the concrete bunkers and outposts through his tinted Aviation visor....
(Slovakian)<"This place is packing some heat... I see at least Five Ground-to-Air missile batteries, as well as several aircraft ready to scramble..... What kinda trainee Airbase needs this level of protection?">

The co-pilot shrugged as he simultaneously checked avionics and air-speed control... (Slovakian)<"That 'Aint our Business.... Just keep her steady and wait for Tower Control for verification...>"

"This is Tower Control, Wildcat.SK you are cleared for landing... "

Nodding and replying the affirmative, the Pilot of the gunship pushed forwards ever so slightly, and leaned into the helicopters low nose-dive... Blades chattering overhead, the Hind flew down into a wide and very low curve over the two largest concrete bunkers... A Military MarkII humvee rumbled past below as the Hind swooped over, its engines roaring...

(Slovakian)<"Kitt... No showing off, the Air Force only wants to see your piloting skills once your enrolled... dont go pulling anything fancy..">

The Co-pilot's voice crackled over Kitt's headset, as the Helicopter whipped up a cascading storm of sand and dust... Finally seyting down on the tarmac landing strip with a suspension rocking -Thud- ....

-------

Long Florescent light strips burst into harsh light... The start of a new day... Jut as every day had started since her first morning here, the light stabbed through the hazy veil of sleep and mind-numbing drugs....

"Good Morning Subject #A666.... How are you feeling today?"

The voice was muffled behind a layer of perspex, as a scientist in stark white Lab-overalls peered through the window into her cell.... Putting one hand over her eyes, she attempted to block out the worst of the stabbing light, and rolled over to blink hazily at him.... The scientist stood on the other side of the perspex, pen hovering over his clipboard in expectance...

"Same as always..." She mumbled, hating the taste that always lingered in her mouth each morning... The scientist nodded, and scribbled a few words down onto his clipboard.... Once finished, he looked back up at her as she slid off the steel bed and stood up ungainly, her tail flicking drunkenly...

"Very Good... The effects of the anaesthetic should wear off in a few minutes... we can then resume testing...."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 05:59:30 PM »
Intermittently throughout the base were tall, ivory towers of concrete and rebar.  At the top of one of these towers, Nero stood at attention with a pair of binoculars.  An anti-material rifle leaned against the side of the crow's nest, a silent soldier waiting to kill.

He was searching the distance for any sign of intruders.   There hadn't been any sign of people for the last week and Nero was starting to get bored.  Some of the local wildlife had helped to relieve his boredom...a few trophies that made his room smell like a butcher's shop...but the relief was always temporary.  At least people had the sense to duck and hide when he purposefully misses his first shot.  Animals only scurried away...no sport in that.

A mad grin came to Nero's face as he caught a glimpse of a plume of dust moving towards the base.  It was a van...bright red and relatively new.  The only vehicles the base used were gray-green Jeeps so that meant only one thing.

Civilians...

Nero kept a close eye on the van, watching it blow past multiple warning signs.  Nero pulled up his rifle to his good eye and focused his sight on the vehicle, waiting for it to pass the point of no return.  Then Nero snarled as the vehicle began to slow down.  With the rate of deceleration, it would stop before it reached the "point of no return".

"Oh, no you don't." Nero fired the rifle, shredding one of the tires.  The van lost control and skidded past the final warning sign.  The driver and the passenger jumped out as the van skidded to a halt.  They were open season now.

With one shot, the driver's head was torn from his shoulders.  Nero didn't wait to see the man hit the ground as he turned his scope to the female passenger.  Nero grinned as he saw she was wearing a bikini to keep the heat at bay.  Unable to help himself, he aimed down and tore her right leg off at the kneecap.  The woman collapsed to the ground, bashing her face against the desert sand.  Nero gave her just enough time to turn around and look at him before letting the final round fly, staining the sand crimson with her grey matter.

Nero laughed as he put his rifle down and crossed his arms.  "Gonna be a good day."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 06:25:19 PM »
Yurian wasn't with the rest of the recruits, he had to be addressed alone to keep the others from losing focus to stare at him.

"Yurian, direct your attention away from the window for at the most five minutes, or I will have to open fire" his 'superior' said as Yurian's eyes were focused on the sunglass-wearing girl who had just finished yelling at someone else.

"Huh, wh-" the butt of an M6 whacked against his skull as his superior was now looming over him with a look of restrained rage.

"Don't get any ideas boy, your breed isn't really what human females would consider 'cute'..." the man said with annoyance, going back to get a folder for him.

"Not my fault I was born with eye and nose protection, don't see why humans would see more armor as less attractive." The human's aide, a rather skinny man with 'coke-bottle' glasses and three wristwatches on the left arm, was the one to reply, apparently pre-approved to answer questions that would anger his human 'superior'.

"Because most humans establish a margin of trust through eye contact, rather than by proving their worth as an "alpha male"." There was a tone of cockiness that Yurian picked up, but he could easily change his tune with one statement.

"I'm talking about winning a female over, something that might be just a tiny bit out of your ball-park..." He knew he hit the right nerve as the aide not only shut up, but was visibly frustrated at him for mocking his style.

"While I admit the comment might be true, runt, you still have a post to make, and are to wear a helmet at all times when interacting with any other race outside draconian" his officer said before handing him the folder that gave him not only the keys to his plane; but his room, laundry, key, and lunch order number. Yurian smirked before saluting his officer and walking out with the helmet that was placed on his desk when he got into the room.

Regardless of how he looked, if he could get her to look past the visor, he would definatly have a chance at her; and that was something he could smile about outside of flying a military-grade aircraft.

Ellina sat in a corner of her intricatly air-locked room. She knew they feared her power; how easy it was for her to simply walk out; how she could persuade her guard and have him open the door without even speaking a word. What they feared most about her power however, was how there was no cure for it, and no real means of preventing infection outside of commiting suicide.

She never really thought about the outside before she met Moon; but now she was almost pained to be sent back to her room of solitude and 'fake' light. It wasn't always air-tight either; however, when they found out how she could slip through cracks, and make her way to Moon in a matter of seconds, that was quickly put forth.

Elina looked down at her claws, occasionally hearing Moon's few words spoken while her vision flickered into the unreal. She could even feel her fur against her scaly talons as if she were really there, but it was a hollow feeling at best.

...She had to have Moon in her arms again, nothing involving a coupling like some of the 'paranoid conservative' scientists she heard about. She wanted her like a mother wanted her son or daughter, regardless of genetic ties.

She got up and felt her body become less and less rigid as she put her hand on the intercom near the door. Moon, I will be the one to show you the outside, and nobody here has the will or ability to tell me otherwise. she mused as her hand had already gone through the openings and trailed along the wires.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Entaru

• Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 07:50:28 PM »
A needle passed through it's final hole as the last button was stitched to the little doll.  "Thank you...it was getting hard to see."  The doll hopped out of the capped claw and joined the rest of them, who had been watching intently as the eye replacement was performed.  The owner of the claw only smiled as his little friend thanked him.  The other dolls clamored around her, happy that she was alright.

One doll, though relieved, scolded her.  "Didn't we tell you not to play with 'him'?  If you had just left 'him' alone then you would still have your own eye."  The other dolls fell silent as 'he' was mentioned.  

The owner frowned slightly and turned to the doll in the corner, who now had an extra eye sewn onto his shoulder.  It was covered with pieces of other dolls from when they got too close.  The owner wished it would go away...but it was locked in with him.  The padded cell was its home too.  The other dolls could leave whenever they wanted but "he"..."he" could never leave.

The little doll looked down at the ground in shame.  "I'm sorry Mama...I won't play with 'him' again."  The owner, lifted up the little doll and patted her on the head.  "D-d-d-don't w-w-worry...I-I-I-I a-am al-al-always h-h-h-here t-t-t-to he-he-help."

Outside the cell a guard banged on the door.  "Knock it off in there!  Don't make me get the tazer!"  The guard shook his head as the owner flinched.  "You know the rules, Entaru.  If you're going to make them move and talk, at least wait until between shifts."  The guard turned back to the wall and sighed. God, why do I have to guard this room.  ****, those dolls are creepy.

Back inside the cell, Entaru broke out of his petrifying fear and looked back at the doll in his hand.  It was limp...lifeless.  The others weren't moving either, all laid about in a pile.  Just dolls...

Putting the doll back into the pile, Entaru looked at "him".  He hadn't moved...but the eye was still there....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 05:05:04 PM by Entaru »

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 08:08:48 PM »
Charles was driving up in a specially marked Humvee that would let the security forces know not to fire as he approached the Violet Lakes compound. Of course, there were rumors. Rumors about how there was an unstable individual acting as the advance sniper.

Charles, wasn't too concerned though. He knew how to drive under pressure, the War in the East taught him that much. As he drove into the compound, he jumped out of the Humvee after pulling it to a stop and grabbed his bags.

Violet Lake. The safest assignment Charles could find while still appreciating the fine invention of the plane. Shouldering his bags he jogged up to the barracks to meet his new superiors and to receive his newest posting.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"Has it been three hours... or two hours" Vinnie thought. The cell he was in wasn't too shabby, but again it was a cell, so nothing to be amazed at.

He stood up and banged on the door to get the guard's attention.

"Has it been 2 hours since I've eaten... or three?"
"Three hours, now shut up... you'll get food next guard rotation." the man snorted, content with taunting the penguin.

The first cell Vinnie was in, after he received his powers, he shoved a spear through the door, almost stabbing the man in the back. This incident was reported, and now Vinnie has special inhibitors attached to his arms and neck, preventing his arms from shifting. Well he can, it would just send a very painful electrical shock down his spine.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 08:33:01 PM »
Ellina had finally gone through the intercom, and managed to travel to the other side of it, sliding up the wall and through the cracks in the cieling. It took a full three minutes for the man in the scurity office to notice that Ellina was no longer anywhere inside the air-tight room. He growled before nearly slaming his hand on the intercom button, letting his voice ring through every hall, elavator, and vehicle in the underground facility. His gruff voice echoed the same authority and power of an overseer, if this was the prison he ran.

"Subject A002 has left her cell, anyone encountering a large black draconian, must immedeatly open fire, and keep her away from Subject R-E257. Also, Lieutenant Jackson..." anyone near the hall to Ellina's cell could hear a gunshot ring out before hearing the sound of a body hit the floor. "Your family has been forgiven for your failure..."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 09:18:04 PM »
Reno sat in a crouched position in a blue lounging chair looking over a chessboard with what looked like a game in progress though no one else was in the room. The room wasn't the best looking room though, gray concrete walls, iron barred and doors, it wasn't really even a room more as a dungeon cell. His room was also quite dim due to no actual lighting aside from a few candle light lanterns. Reno didn't mind though, he never did. He was perfectly content, playing chess with himself and eating from a bag of sunflower seeds held there between his legs.

Reno moved his Queen in a diagonal way and put it in front of the enemy King. Then he grabbed the King, holding it in place for a moment before bringing it on it's side. It was checkmate again for the enemy. He grabbed a seed from the bag, lifted it to his mouth and bit it in half before eating the whole thing. Just then the sound of his room door being unlocked was heard. A group of people wondered in, one of three being a woman in a crisp clean white lab coat. The other two were the common guard personnel. One of the guards approached him, put his hand on his shoulder and squeezed.

"C'mon, T-9, it's time for your test."

Reno did nothing, this morning routine had all been too bland and predictable. After a moment of trying to get Reno up the second guard came over, drawing a long baton with electricity jolting from the tip. Predictably Reno was prodded with the baton, collapsing him to the floor; his bag of sunflower seeds pouring out. But, unsuspecting to the rookie guard that had just struck him, the baton shook in his hand. The first guard knew what was happening and smacked the baton from his hand and drew his sidearm. The baton morphed into a small robot with it's hand now the head of the baton, giving it an electrified hand. The robot scurried over to the rookie and jolted him just above his boot dropping him to the floor. The remaining guard aimed his gun but refrained from shooting as the bot quickly dropped him to the floor as well. The little bot turned it's sights to the woman and scurried over to dispatch of her but suddenly fell to pieces. The frightened woman looked over to Reno who had risen a bit and was glaring at the now shattered bot with an extended hand. He slowly got to his feet, looking down, ears sadly hanging low behind his head.

Without another word the once frightened woman led him out of the room and down a corridor. He heard more guards entering his room, likely to tend to their comrades.

On the beach Rio was lying on a large green beach towel under a large multi-colored umbrella. She was in an all white bikini with a pair of large sunglasses. She was enjoying herself when a trio of male recruits walked by. They made a few cat calls to her and sauntered over.

"Heeeey, good lookin', wanna go some place and have a good time?"

"Hmm...Sorry, I like my men with more hair on their head. Try again in a few years."

The man rubbed his gleaming bald head with a turned down look on his face. The two others laughed and  jeered at him when one sat down next to her and grabbed some lotion that was laying on the towel.

"How 'bout you let me put some lotion on that sensitive looking bod of yours?"

"Hoooow about I shove it up your (Censored)? Looks like you might enjoy that."

As she stood up the two men that weren't shot down at the time laughed at their friend. Rio began to walk off when the final man grabbed her wrist and spun her around about to plant a kiss on her. But instead of a kiss Rio was already ready to punch him, so she did. It landed him on his rump. The bald man ran at her but she stepped aside and tripped him while the remaining guy looked at her.

"Wanna rub some lotion on me now? Come try."

"You (Censored)!"

The man ran over to her and threw a punch which she dodged and countered with a left hook to the side of his head. He was getting furious as he threw a few more dodged punches. Until the bald man came up behind her and grabbed her. The man quickly delivered a violent kick to Rio's stomach which dropped her to her knees. But she was picked up then kicked again. The man she knocked down before joined in and she was punched and kicked in the stomach until she started coughing up blood. That's when they stopped and one of the grabbed her face, forcing her to look at him.

"Not so tough now, huh, girly?"

"You hit like a child!"

With that the man back handed her across the face. But then she jumped up a bit and kicked off the two's chests and vaulted herself behind the bald man, quickly putting him in a strangle hold.

"One step closer and I'll snap his neck."

"Woah woah woah! No need to get hasty, we'll leave."

She continued to choke him until he collapsed, then she left him and walked back to her towel and laid there, sore and trying to enjoy the rest of her day. The two picked up their unconscious friend and carried him away. Rio was angry that she couldn't get in any more licks on them, but she was outnumbered. She got an evil grin when she thought about following them and putting C4 under their pillows.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 03:48:43 AM »
Charles left the building with a paper that said report to Sgt. Rio Winterwolf. Whoever this Rio was, was Charles's new commanding officer.

He asked around at the base, and some of the other men laughed at him, or gave him a congratulatory pat on the back. Apparently this Rio woman was a very popular dame with the Air Force guys for being the hardest to get woman. Charles liked the sound of that.

That was until he saw a man being carried away, he asked why, the answer was "Sgt. Rio Winterwolf happened" Charles gulped and walked over to where Rio was lounging and took a deep breath.

"Sgt Rio Ma'am?" he asked, doing his best to keep his salute going without a shake.

"Corporal Charles Sumner, I've been assigned to your command as of this moment Ma'am."

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 04:03:22 AM »
When subject A002 was declared on the loose underground, a similar message to the one that had echoed through the laboratory halls was immeadiatley sent out to all 'in the know' guards above ground with the information that they were to be particularly careful, if or when she made it out of the subterranean maze...at trying to re-capture her...this one had an amazingly 'special' and amazingly threatening power...if they were unable of doing so in a timely manner, bringing her down via open fire was to be permitted. Quickly, blockades were set up at the entrance to each of the four underground tunnels, and teams were deployed to all of the other, more secretive, openings.

A message of warning was also sent to the 'Colonel...'

He requested that several choppers were manned and put on stand by.
________

"Come on, come on now, you can do it," Charlie said teasingly while Anna lingered on the edge of the cliff, mere centimeters away from jumping---or in a more undesirable case, falling---in. Her toes tickled the loose red pebbles there, and they came loose, splooshing into the blue-clear water below. They'd seen the commotion caused with Rio, but hadn't wanted to interfere out of logic.

"SHUT IT! I'm going in when I'm damn well ready," Anna barked. But this bark was coupled with hesitation. There, on a larger mesa not too far away, were what looked like several teams of black-clad guards, tiny black ants picking their way across the horizon, seeming like they were after something important. "What's going on?" she asked of her cousin. Desert wind picked up about her, making her hair flap about almost awkwardly.

He turned, and saw it too, curious worry playing over his face. "I have no idea. Maybe a training excercise."

________

“Now, you think you could tell me what things you know about us, dear? It’s very important that you tell, we’ve told you why over and over.”

Mondenkind blinked. Her abnormally long and fluffy tail was draped over her lap. She took up the pad of paper and the pen, and, after a moment of thought as she tapped her chin with the pen, the girl drew a sad face on the paper and showed it to the man in standing front of her. “I don’t know,” she repeated for the fourth time. Then shook her head. “I don’t know.”

A lie.

She may not have known much at all about the truth, but she knew enough to wish she’d never found out in the first place.

The man, self-appointed human Colonel with painfully white skin, eyes of steel and grey hair to match, glared at her. “You’re a liar. Do you know what ‘liar’ means, girl? It means you’re not telling us the truth.” He was choosing his words carefully and repeating them properly so as to achieve a constant. His hands were in the pockets of his pressed pants, and his dark green uniform top was so tight it made him seem rigid…like his spine was made of steel.

“I don’t know.”

“You don’t know, huh?”

“I don’t know.”

Sitting in a metal chair in the middle of the Colonel’s office, she of course felt extremely uncomfortable. All the blinds were drawn, not only blocking her view of what lied outside but casting the entire room in an odd dusk. Every so often, she would wring her hands, ears back, tail twitching, wishing they’d let her get up and look out the window. But it was doubtful that the thought of doing so even crossed their minds. Yellowed old maps were spread out on the mahogany desk, maps of--- just what, she couldn’t tell. Bookshelves gave the room elegant corners, and the books lining them intrigued her greatly. Maybe they’d let her have one, maybe…

“You’ve lived here a long time, since you were born, R-E257. Now, with all the attention we’ve given you, with how important you are to what we’re trying to do, you can’t tell us with a straight face that you haven’t seen things out of the corner of your eye, overheard things that you shouldn’t have, am I right?” The Colonel cooed.

“I don’t know,” she said.

“Oh, it’s useless trying to talk to you, isn’t it? You probably don’t even know what I’m saying.” He raised an exasperated palm to his forehead.

“Yes,” she said.

Yes? His eyebrows shot up in bewilderment, and then he watched as she nodded, slowly, and as she smiled. “If you do, then…” This pause was followed by a great rush of air as he let out his breath. Highly confused and not knowing how to go about things with this girl, he turned from her and walked to the door, where he opened it and let in her guard, the tan-colored man who’d brought her here.

She shuddered. Biting her lip, she began to scrawl drawings of lopsided unicorns across the yellow pages of the pad to occupy herself. Unicorns, or the idea of them, came from a picture book that had been read to her when she was still a pup. Unable to remember what they were called, or so much as the name of the story, she just drew horses-with-horns…

…Mondenkind couldn’t tell the PTA outright what she knew about them. What she’d seen, and who they were, scared her too much for that. Being a child, she had very simple views of the world. Scary people were people you shouldn’t make angry…But, on the other hand, she still wanted to be friends with them; they seemed to like her. And she believed that was good, when people liked her. It was difficult to say the least.

A moon above the black ocean.

Time in a beaker.

Rain in the alley.

Blood into monster...

Memories leaked into her mind, unwanted and unwelcome, and she found herself shivering again, tears forming in her eyes, salty rain in looming blue clouds of melancholy.

Her guard brought her some water in a plastic bottle to keep her rather sedated and happy. For the moment.

“Neigh neigh neigh,” Mond chirped, handing back the bottle after a healthy guzzling, her short legs swinging to keep her constant need to move about at bay. And then she showed them her unicorns, blinking away her tears, trying to look brave. “Look! Look!”

The ‘Colonel’ just sighed. Worn lines of age in his face, accented by the pale shadows that streaked the room like macabre streamers at a party of death, made his disapproving frown come off as even more unhappy. Who knew how long this was going to take. Right now, the only thing that was certain was that the girl would not be staying here much longer. She was wanted elsewhere. Higher powers than the ‘Colonel’ had attested to that.
x

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 04:14:45 AM »
Rio sat up propped on her left elbow, with her right hand lowered her sunglasses down her face a tad checking out the man before her. He seemed to be shaking a tad so she stood up cringing slightly at her injuries. Luckily she had wiped the blood from her face just before hand. Rio walked towards him, then walked around him inspecting him before stopping infront of him again.

"Are you scared, rookie? Ad ease."

Reno jumped at the alarm in the facility just before entering a room behind the woman from before.

"A002 is trying to escape again...T-9, we'll have to call off your tests for today. Please follow the guards to your ce-...Room, please."

Reno just nodded still looking down as two new guards entered the room. He followed them out and in the direction of his cell, one in front of him and the second behind.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 04:20:20 AM »
Vinne could be heard halfway across the base his language was so colorful.

Dang that A002 from trying to escape without him! He had been trying that a little while before she came to tis base and this is what? her second attempt.

The young penguin tried morphing his left arm into a javelin, but cried out, as his body was introduced into Mister Electricity and he slumped over unconscious.

Charles, let out a breath of relief and stopped his salute as the Sgt. gave him ease (literally and mentally)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 08:44:54 AM »
The Blades of the Hind Gunship fell to a a dull roar, and then a quiet chatter as they slowed down... Jumping out from the cockpit and landing lightly on the asphalt landing strip Kitt gave the O.K sign to the co-pilot...
-Kzzch-<"Run post-diagnostics, and check oil levels... we've come a long way and i think the calibrator might have gotten busted up..."

The co-pilot nodded in return, not bothering to use his own com-system.... As Kitt started to walk away from the helicopter, a dark green military jeep rumbled up over the tarmac. The door opened and out stepped a wolf, who briskly called Kitt to a salute, and ushered him into the vehicle...
"We're currently dealing with an issue, and so you will have to wait in the recruitment office for a little while Mr.Szvarda... We are most pleased you made it however, your flight records are quite astounding..."
Frowning and shrugging at the same time, Kitt pulled off his aviation helmet and visor, and looked out the tinted jeep window as the driver pulled away from the landing strip...

-----------------------

"Just touch the tips of your fingers together... thats good.... stretch your arm out to here.."
Following the scientists intructions, Jesse sighed internally.... the tests where monotonous, and it wasnt even as if she could get any better at them.... they had deemed her sub-worthless after discovering what her only 'ability' was.... So every day consisted of minor tests like these, and occasionally more interesting, though no less repetitive simulations or drug tests.... "Does this hurt?"... She shook her head, accompanied by a quiet "No..."

The scientist nodded, noting somthing down on his clipboard..."Now... we're going to move on and..."  A claxon sounded, accompanied by the beep of a pager and the scientist looked down... frowning her looked back up at his test subject... "Okay, We'l continue testing later subject #A666..."

And with that he walked out of the room, the door sliding closed behind him.... Wondering what would make the scientist leave so urgently, Jessica sat down against the wall, pulled her legs up to her chest and sighed... Reaching for a tattered book that lay on the floor, she turned to her marked page, and continued to try and read....

• Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Entaru

• Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 05:20:25 PM »
Entaru listened as he heard the annoucement over the intercomm.

-Subject A002 has left her cell, anyone encountering a large black draconian, must immedeatly open fire, and keep her away from Subject R-E257.-

Entaru cocked his head as he looked at the intercomm.  A002....A002....A002....A002....R-E257....R-E257....R-E257....R-E257....please take a number, the doctor will see you shortly.  Dr. Shortly to the operating room, you're mother is on the line.  Line, fine, tine, dine.  Let us dine Ms. Macky, in honor of that suit so tacky.  Tick-tack, tick-tock...where's my watch?  What watch?  That watch!  I don't see a watch.  The watch!  The watch!  The man on the watch!  The man on the watch is a dangerous man.  Dangerous men are on the watch and the watch ticks, ticks, ticks, away until the end and the birds fly into the sun...

With a shriek Entaru ended his inner rant and slammed his head into the door.

"What the hell!"  The guard jumped away from the door, startled by the bang.  "That's it, someone else can watch your crazy ***!"  With that the guard scampered off, fearing for his own sanity.  It wouldn't be the first time a guard chickened out of that job....others had been discharged.  Entaru's mind had a habit of leaking out into the rest of the world, sometimes into the guards themselves.

Maybe the man was a coward...but at least he would be discharged as sane.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 05:27:19 PM by Entaru »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 06:01:26 PM »
Yurian finally got out of the rather maze-like structure that was attached to the room he had left from.

You think they'd put more doors in here... he thought as he walked out onto the air-strip, only to be met with about a dozen or so rifles pointed at his head.

"Uh... I'm innocent?" he almost muttered as one soldier motioned for him to take his helmet off.

"Um, my superior said I had to wear the helmet under all-" He brought his hand up to block a soldier from the right as he brought his gun down to knock him out.

"Seriously, I can't take the helmet off, the visor isn't even engaged, see?!" He reached under the helmet, pulled down the visor, then pushed it back up again.

"Why don't you just go back downstairs so we don't have to make this bloody..." The middle soldier said, not moving his barrel away from Yurian's head.

"What are you talking about, I'm Specialist Yurian Ashecrov, Master Sergent just gave me my files just a few moments ago!!" It didn't seem to help things as they started mumbling about 'A002' and 'taken over' while still refusing to lower their guns.

It was times like this where he wished he could to have been born a different dragon...

Ellina seeped her way into ventilation before spreading herself along the walls, using all her olotogical cells to pick up her beloved Moon's voice. When that failed, she 'turned off' the sound and 'turned on' the sense of smell, picking up a trail leading from Moon's cell, to the elevator. In any dead-quiet halls, a  sickeningly squishy slinking could be heard as she dragged all her 'body' throught the ducts and to the elevator shaft.

Now, did you go to hell, or heaven? she mused as she forced four tendrils of tissue through the grate and formed a single eyeball that looked down to find only a flat surface. She then looked up and felt a mix of anger and joy, mingling in a solution of concern as she saw the elevator shaft go up towards darkness, with a small flicker of light where she assumed would be the 'outside'. Her child had gone 'outside'; but she was not safe, not safe at all. She then gathered herself back into a more condensed mass before forcing herself to 'climb' up the shaft by clinging to the metal surface with pure friction, leaving the others to find their own way to the surface.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 06:11:35 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »