The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Vigilant  (Read 5702 times)

Offline kayle

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Hallelujah, lock and load!
    • Awards
  • Species: Lavender folf
  • Coloring: lavender folf with white stripe down back
  • Height: 6 ft.
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: medium
The Vigilant
« on: July 02, 2010, 04:12:50 PM »
Arc City is a city with no hope.  Only the strong and the rich survive, stepping over the bodies of the poor and the dead to reach whatever goals they have set for themselves.  At night, screams and gunfire fill the air, and the residents cringe in their beds, glad that they are home, safe, and hoping that the sounds are not those of someone they know or love.  

During the day, drug dealers and mafia dons watch the populace with disdain, caring only for their own enterprises.  If someone gets hurt, why should it be their problem?  They are the law in Arc, the only law.  

But, perhaps all of this can change.  

Some citizens have grown tired of the life forced on them in Arc, and have taken the law into their own hands.  To those they bring justice to, they are considered brutal and merciless killers.  To those they save, they are angels, saviors.  Perhaps now is the time for change to come to Arc City...

(post in OOC first.  We'll start when we have a few players.)
Mother
Tell your children not to walk my way
Mother
Tell your children not to hear my words
What they mean, what they say....
-"Mother" by Danzig

90% of teens today would have a breakdown if Facebook were to crash.  If you are in the 10% that would be laughing, copy this and paste it to your sig.

Offline kayle

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
Re: The Vigilant
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 04:22:07 AM »
Sean watched the darkened street from his perch atop the roof of an apartment building.  Across the road, a gathering of gangsters, undoubtedly selling drugs, sat under a flickering streetlight.  The wolf idly twirled one of his knives and fingered it's edge.  Finally, the wolf, his fur dyed black to blend in, left his perch and scrambled down the side of the building.  Silently, the vigilante picked his targets as he crouched behing a dumpster in the alley across from the gathering.  He smiled grimly.  It was almost time... He just had to wait a bit longer...
Mother
Mother
-"Mother" by Danzig

90% of teens today would have a breakdown if Facebook were to crash.  If you are in the 10% that would be laughing, copy this and paste it to your sig.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 04:54:29 AM »
Reno sat in a third floor window of a hotel. His room window faced an oncoming street which lead to a T-Intersection below him. He wasn't really sitting, more so as laying down atop a table pointing a W2000 sniper rifle out the open window. He had been informed of a snitch traveling along this road in a Black Sedan. This snitch had valuable information regarding the mobsters who killed him parents. Just as he thought the information wasn't good, he saw his target a few hundred meters out. His target was driving, so he had to time this perfect to happen how he planned it. The target changed lanes to go around some construction cones, which gave Reno his opening. "Bingo!" He said as he squeezed the trigger. The bullet popped his target's tire, sending him swerving into an alley way. Reno knew the first stage was put in motion as he slung his rifle on his back and got off the table. He bolted out of the room and up the stairs at the end of the hallway. He climbed two floors before reaching the roof. He ran over to a zipline and zipped over to another building across the road. He rolled into his landing and jumped from that building to the next. He then jumped over the side onto a fire escape which had a rope fastened to the side. Reno clipped himself to the rope and jumped over the side, rappelling down to alley below. Once unfastened he ran over to a smoking car that was crashed into a brick wall. His target was indeed in there, coughing blood onto the steering wheel. Reno ripped open the door, took him out and slammed him to the wall. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted a gathering of people, looking like gangsters. They too noticed him and were already waltzing over to him. " 'Eeeey, bugs bunny, wrong turn at Albuquerque?" He and his compatriots all laughed at the joke as they quickly surrounded Reno. Reno dropped his target, who was too out of it to do much else aside from lay there and bleed, and turned to face his apparent new opponents. He sized up the eight if them, he could see two with glocks tucked into their waistbands, three with bats, one with a crowbar and the rest with various other makeshift melee weaponry. It was going to be a tough fight. 

Offline kayle

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 05:08:11 AM »
Sean jumped back as a bypassing car spun into a wall nearby, and the gangsters jumped up and converged around the vehicle, surrounding a figure, who, if Sean's repertoire of weapons knowledge was correct, was packing a W2000 sniper rifle.  Another vigilante, perhaps?  The wolf sighed and stood.  So much for his well planned attack...  He sighed and drew his throwing knives.  Stopping in the shadow of a building thirty or forty feet away from the group, he flung one knife, then another.  Two targets went down, and the wolf shrank back, blending into the darkness.  He drew his third knife, and began to move around the side of the targets, flanking them between himself and the rabbit vigilante.
Mother
Mother
-"Mother" by Danzig

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 05:44:01 AM »
The Agent had been watching Reno for some time. Something about how young the boy was killing had interested him. And he assumed Sean might know something about that new crack den he was hired to hunt down by some lazy vigilante named Karlyle.

Back to the present, he had been travelling by street and noticed when Reno had been ambushed by gang bangers armed with glocks. An assassin type figure, from the shadows murdered two of the bangers and was creeping up to stab a third. The Agent moved in and fired his dual Beretta pistols at the other gangsters, popping a few in the face, and forcing the others to move to cover. As he was temporarily clear, he grabbed Reno by the shirt and dragged him behind a dumpster for the relative shelter it provided from bullets.

"I'm The Agent... and you kiddo, have some information I want"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 07:02:14 AM »
It was a surprise to Reno when two knives sank into two of the gangsters. As a couple more came under fire from another assailant he was about to retaliate with a kick from his hidden blade in his shoe. But his attack was interrupted when he was yanked aside in the third unforeseen thing today. "I have information you want? What could I possibly help you with? I'm busy." Reno re-secured his mask which was falling off and wretched himself free from "The Agent". He drew a silenced Mac10, stuck his head out to see one of the gangsters pointing his glock at him. He fired, Reno ducked and waited for him to discharge his clip ignorantly, stuck his head back out and shot him in the shoulder. Since it was the last one with a gun alive, he exclaimed "It's those vigilante bastards!" and promptly ran off with the rest of them. Reno's target was staggering to his feet and trying to join them but Reno got out of cover and walked over to him whilst putting his Mac10 back under his cloak. He quickly tripped the man from behind, put a foot on his chest and looked back to The Agent.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 07:09:55 AM »
"I've noticed you with that sniper rifle of yours, and I need help locating a dangerous crack den. I was hoping if you knew where it was, if not, your gonna help me find it."
The Agent spoke quickly. If Reno refused, he wasn't in a good position too, for the Agent had plenty of space to whip out any of the weapons he had on his person to attack positioning. The Assassin however was a different problem. The Agent weighed his chances with a boy, that was assured victory, but the assassin threw complications in things, he couldn't just force the boy to give him what he wanted, so he had to play the patient game.

He brandished his card and put it in the hands of the boy, the card had a smiling skull carved into it, with a cell number scrawled on it quickly.

"You know how to reach me" he simply said and wandered off after the running gang bangers, see if they knew anything.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 07:29:04 AM »
Reno looked at the card blankly as The Agent ran off. Under his mask he was a little annoyed for being thought of as a kid, he just felt he was being thought of as such. But he quickly stopped caring, put the card away and picked up his target, slamming him against the wall again. "Now, you know something about the people who burned down the corner store on Elm and Fourth. Tell me." The man's head rolled around a bit, he was clearly pretty shaken up still. "I ain't telling you #!$%, man..." Reno threw the man, sending him stumbling backwards, tripping over one of the dead gangsters and hitting the ground. He walked over to him, put his foot to his chest again and crouched down closer to him. "Tell me now!" "Ches-...Chester. You want Chester." "Where can I find Chester?" "Docks...He's at the docks..." Satisfied, Reno got off of the man and started to gather the weapons from the gangsters that had ran off. He also remembered the knives that had been thrown, it wasn't likely that they had come from The Agent, someone else was around. "Alright, show yourself. If you haven't taken action against me yet, your probably not here to kill me."

Offline kayle

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 10:38:04 PM »
Sean chuckled as he stepped out of the shadows.  "Not bad, bud, but leave yourself an exit next time."  The vigilante wrenched his two throwing knives free of their targets and cleaned them off before sheathing them.  The wolf sighed and stretched his arms.  "So... Where you headed?"  He extended a paw.  "Sean Carrick, ex-black ops operative and clinically disturbed vigilante.  And you?"
Mother
Mother
-"Mother" by Danzig

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 05:20:17 AM »
Reno looked at the man who came out of the shadows, he listened to him as he said who he was. "Reno O' Malley, *Shakes Sean's paw* Ex...Nothing...And yes, I am a vigilante, and as for needing a better exit plan, I didn't expect to be interrupted. As for where I'm going, it's no business of yours. Even before that I have other things to look into..." Reno gave a quick two finger salute, turned and ran off. A short while of running Reno walked down some stairs leading into a building. Through a metal door was a dimly lit room, littered with crates and weapons set out on them. He walked around them and headed to a man standing behind a counter in the back. "Well, well, well! If it isn't my favorite customer!" said the weasel rubbing his paws together. "What can I do you for today?" Reno took out the two glocks and set them on the counter. "Ah, usual trade in?" "Yep." "Alright then, though it's such a small haul this time..." The weasel reached into his pocket and took out a wad of cash. He took a couple hundred dollar bills out of the wad and handed them to Reno. "Thanks." "Pleasure doin' business with you as always." Reno pocketed the cash and left the building. Once outside he ran into a nearby alleyway and went up a fire escape. Next to the building was the train tracks. He looked to his right, then to his left, not like it made any difference, train hadn't ran in ages. Reno ran and jumped to the tracks with ease. Once landing he ran off down the tracks until after awhile of running he reached a downed train. He climbed into the back and took off his mask. Inside the train was what looked like a small apartment. Various equipment was lying around, there was a TV, mini fridge, lights over head, lots of boxes which a few had bullets and other weapons on top of them and a make shift bed at the end of the car. He sat down, kicked off his shoes, took out the card and his cellphone and started dialing The Agent's number. There wasn't an answer, so he just left a message. " 'ello, I'm sure you know who this is. If I have what you want, I figure I get to set the cost. Meet me at the abandoned apartments near the docks, tomorrow, uh...12ish? Well see you then."
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 05:24:25 AM by Srgntcuddles »

Offline kayle

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 05:39:44 AM »
Sean sighed as he watched the rabbit scamper off.  "Well, once again, I have nothing worthwhile to do..."  The wolf sat down on the hood of the wrecked car and cupped his chin in his paws.  It was too late to make another bust, and he had to scout the sites ahead of time anyway, so...  He groaned.  He had to find SOMETHING to do...  Well, he could follow the rabbit, just for giggles.  Or, he could go find an all night bar and waste what little money he could scrounge out of the gangster's pockets...

The second suggestion sounded good, all of a sudden.

The wolf looted thirty bucks from the dead gangsters, then headed down the street.  Before long, he was sitting at a table by himself, drinking.  He sighed again when he ran out of money, then paid his tab and stumbled out of the bar, staggering.  Hmm... perhaps he could find the rabbit now... His drunk mind made this seem like a good idea.  He sniffed out the trail, following it to the other vigilante's rail car apartment.  He leaned against the wall, peering inside.  Suddenly, he lost his balance and fell with a loud clang against the side of the car.  "Damnit!"  He struggled to get up, and fell again.  Maybe he'd had a few too many, after all...
Mother
Mother
-"Mother" by Danzig

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 05:51:38 AM »
Reno was beginning to nod off by the time Sean had shown up. The loud bang of him falling woke him up, startling him. He cautiously headed towards the door, Mac10 in hand. Just before opening it he grabbed his mask and slipped it on. He looked at Sean as he stumbled about, clearly having trouble walking on the tracks. "Sean...Right? What are you doing 'ere? How did you-..." It donned on him that Sean was a wolf and Reno was a rabbit, not hard to figure out why he was discovered. "Never mind...What are you doing 'ere? And why are ya drunk to boot?" It was obvious why he was drunk, but it's not like he had anything else to ask.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 06:01:07 AM »
The Agent had one gangster pinned to the car, with a blade sliding against the hood, sending sparks every which way.
"So... you wanna tell me who sold you that crack?" The man just shook his head furiously in the 'no' gesture.
"You sure that's a good idea?" The Agent asked, as he begin to scrape a smiling skull, just like the one in the card, in one of the mirrors. The man cringed at the sound of blade scraping at glass, and just opened his mouth and pointed in. The Agent, somewhat confused looked in, and saw the man's tongue had been cut out, so he couldn't say anything if he wanted too.
Running a hand along the back of his helmet, he sighed. The banger he had pinned looked kinda young anyways, not the type of kid to get caught up in heavy gang activity.

He grasped the kid by the shoulders and threw him to the side of a building, and raised him up.
"Since you don't know what I wannna know, I need you to promise me, that the next time we meet, you won't be in gang colors, and you won't try to shank me again. GOT IT!?" He threatened, getting his head close to the kid's ears.

The kid, tearing a little, nodded furiously and the Agent dropped him to the ground. The kid got up, silently praying to himself, and running off. The Agent checked his cellphone and was intrigued to see that there was a message, he listened to it and smiled, that rabbit had pulled through for him. But in the meantime, there was a skull marking to finish carving. He hit return dial on the number Reno used to call him back, he left a message.

"It's good to know we can do business, however for my contracts I usually expect what exactly i need to pay you, inform me as soon as is convenient"
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 06:02:49 AM by Gabag »

Offline kayle

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 06:02:39 AM »
Sean flapped a paw vaguely.  "Ain' doin' nothin'...  Jus' doin' stuff... And nothin'..."  The wolf stood slowly, the world reeling about him.  "I'll jus' go now...  An' good day ta you, sir..."  Sean took two steps before falling on his face.  "I'm jus' a little bit drunk or somethin'..."  He rolled over onto his back.  "I'll jus' sleep out here on th' tracks... Sorry ta bother ya..."
Mother
Mother
-"Mother" by Danzig

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 06:15:49 AM »
Reno was stricken with pity and decided to take the drunk inside. He walked over, picked him up supporting him on his shoulder and took him inside. He took him to the back and rested him down on the bed. "You just stay there...Don't need you falling off the damned tracks...It's a good forty feet up..." As he went to go sit in front of the TV he checked his phone, sure enough The Agent called him back. He probably would have returned the call, but he was feeling lazy and decided to just kick back and relax.