The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Virus problem, pleas help ASAP  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Kitt_R_Beesley

• The Dark Fox, Reaper of Souls
  • Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • for true freedom is in the sky
    • Kitt Beesley furaffinity account
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Fox
  • Coloring: blue eyes, black fur, blond hair, grayish white around his mouth trailing down his stomach.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 141
  • Build: lean
Re: Virus problem, pleas help ASAP
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 11:39:27 PM »
thats one way to do it that virus is a nasty one it will become next to impossible to get rid of soon if not already i recomend taking it in to a comp. shop they will get rid of it

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 11:52:52 PM »
well thats great how am i gonna take my dekstop to a computer store

Also, i tried the safe mode thing, apparently the scan couldn't complete because it couldn't scan two files that i also could not get rid of for whatever reason

All i wanted to do was play some Dawn of War and this happens.

Offline Kitt_R_Beesley

• The Dark Fox, Reaper of Souls
  • Dancing Dragon
  • for true freedom is in the sky
    • Kitt Beesley furaffinity account
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Fox
  • Coloring: blue eyes, black fur, blond hair, grayish white around his mouth trailing down his stomach.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 141
  • Build: lean
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 12:08:58 AM »
find a local comp shop and take the tower in to them also let them know about the other two files and they can use a remote access to get rid of them for ya

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 12:17:54 AM »
Great news from Maleware Bytes

the virus blocked the .exe so it did nothing, when it DIDNT block the .exe it didnt work anyways
Rename the .exe to .com, should work then :P
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2010, 12:26:49 AM »
Tommy the anti virus didnt run in safe mode either

I did a system restore because i've been browsing the internet on how to do it and such,for soe stupid reason it wouldnt let me click any other dates besides todays

Offline Unicornguy

• Vibrating Furby
  • I'm a cute little unicorn! My name is Rainbow Rain
    • Awards
  • Species: Unicorn
  • Coloring: Pink body, Pink hooves, Lavender eyes, rainbow mane
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 1100 lbs
  • Build: Muscular like a draft horse
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 07:19:21 PM »
Well, I'd try doing a boot time scan again. Also, you might try booting in safe mode and scanning with your anti virus there. Another option! If you're feeling interested... I'd try downloading a cracked version of 7 and formatting your computer and installing 7. Hope that helps!

I love unicorns!!!

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 09:33:08 PM »
I'd try downloading a cracked version of 7 and formatting your computer and installing 7. Hope that helps!
Oh yes, because pirated software couldn't possibly contain any malicious code and I'm sure nobody would even dream about taking advantage of people by distributing the software with trojans and the like already installed to provide the pirates with personal details as means of "payment" for their efforts (and supplying you with the OS). *rolls eyes*
Get it legally, reinstall your current OS or if you can't do either, switch to something that's in your price range. Using cracked programs is one thing when it comes to risk but installing a cracked OS is a whole different story, you're just begging for trouble <_<;
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 03:42:22 AM »
Well i rienstalled Windows Xp

and the computer isnt virused anymore
it just will not boot at all

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 07:28:56 AM »
My computer had that same problem for a while...? I want to know how the virus came to get on my computer? It seems as if its becoming quite popular. I don't use any emails, I don't go to many sites, so how could it of got on so randomly...

But anyways after a few days I installed this antivirus (that ill tell you the name if you want later can't right now) and it wouldn't run right and it would still bring me to that site and I when in and was bored out of my mind and I finally was able to use the program and it took it off, I guess my best advice would be to be patient
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
Re: Virus problem, pleas help ASAP now comuter booting problem
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 02:02:31 PM »
the Virus is gone

now my Os will not boot

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
Re: Virus problem, pleas help ASAP now comuter booting problem
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 06:45:43 PM »
the Virus is gone

now my Os will not boot
Tell us exactly what's happening then. Does it turn on and just go blank? Any messages? Does it show the BIOS as per normal? Have you got a recovery/installation disk?
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 09:11:47 PM »
Ok it boots up normally and shows the BIOS loading screen

then turns blank

I tried using the F12 boot menu and tried booting from the hard disk drive C: Nothing is happening

tried the primary master drive
it keeps sying "hit F1 to retry Reboot" and i do and it doesnt reboot, Normal boot doesnt work either

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 10:33:11 PM »
Ok it boots up normally and shows the BIOS loading screen

then turns blank

I tried using the F12 boot menu and tried booting from the hard disk drive C: Nothing is happening

tried the primary master drive
it keeps sying "hit F1 to retry Reboot" and i do and it doesnt reboot, Normal boot doesnt work either
Alright, I'm no expert with Windows systems but I'd say that it's either an issue with the bootloader or some of the required boot files are missing. I'm doubtful of the latter as normally that should give a more in-depth error message and with the former it's more likely to simply do nothing.
Regardless of what the issue is, access to the BIOS alone won't be enough, although it's good to see that you can at least boot to BIOS. We're gonna need to boot from a CD/DVD or even USB for this. The course of action depends on if you have a windows recovery disk or not. These days most people don't, meaning that in order to access your files, your harddrive, etc and see what the issue is we're gonna either have to rely on a Linux LiveCD or one of those unofficial Window LiveCDs like BartPE. Regardless of which choice you choose, I'd advise that you have someone local who's fairly computer-literate so we can see what the actual problem is and use either of the Live Environements to fix it.

Oh and in case you need some explanations of the above, the order of things from boot tends to go like this: Power on -> BIOS -> Master Boot Record (MBR, where the Bootloader is stored) -> Bootloader loads kernel and rest of OS.
With a LiveCD (or LiveUSB or even DVD) you adjust the BIOS options to boot from CD/DVD or USB and it goes: Power on -> BIOS -> CD -> Load data from CD into RAM and read additional data from CD when needed. This way we get an environement we can work with without messing about with the hard drive. LiveCDs are slow (CDs have much slower read speeds than hard drives) and most can't save data from the session. Most can access the drive though and let you look through the files and run programs included on the LiveCD to either continue doing normal tasks or try to recover things.

As I say though, this is where things get murky though and you really need someone there to be able to see things. I'd probably suggest going with something like BartPE as it was made for recovering windows so I'd imagine you'd have more luck with that. I'm afraid I can't help you anymore than that without having physical access to the machine. Sorry.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 12:20:15 PM »
I'd say the simplest fix is that you use BartPE as flames said, then plug in a portable hard drive or something, back up everything you want to keep, then allocate a Windows OS disc like XP and pop it in and reformat your hard drive and start over.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 08:03:11 PM »
I'd say the simplest fix is that you use BartPE as flames said, then plug in a portable hard drive or something, back up everything you want to keep, then allocate a Windows OS disc like XP and pop it in and reformat your hard drive and start over.
Agreed. Using any method possible to recover files then starting over from scratch is the simplest method, but also brings complications in that you need an install disk and sometimes simply copying over all files onto a new install won't recover everything. In any matter, it's probably the overall best solution.