The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Any Ideas?  (Read 610 times)

Offline TheBuffaloChicken

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: bird
  • Coloring: yellow red purple pink
Any Ideas?
« on: July 13, 2010, 07:54:39 AM »
  I've come to realize there is an undue amount of hate towards furies, mainly because of a complete lack of understanding of the fandom. It seems to me what we need is an activist group like other misunderstood minority's have. However I don't have any idea, or the funding necessary to get a project like this off the ground. Do any of you think this is a plausible idea? Weather you think it can be done, or can't be done I'd appreciate your takes.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Deep in my avian heart I know we're going to weather the hate storm and one day seen for the wonder we are! For far too long the individual in this country has had to hide under the  covers with the lights off.  I say NO MORE! We have meets and con's yes , but that is a blip on the social radar of society. Strength is in numbers. It's time to stand up and be counted. We are not perverts like the main stream portrays us. ENOUGH I SAY!! In this society if you are not what they consider "normal"(and I use that term loosely)  you are a freak,outcast,and not deserving of the basic rights of all normal(there's that word again) Americans.I am tired of being a second class,strike that a third class citizen. All men are created equal and we are no exception. I'm calling on all furies to stand up and be counted,YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO BE COUNTED(as equal members of society) Now stand up for FURRY PRIDE right until the end!!     Thank you, -The Buffalo Chicken

Offline wastelander16

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: RedOrange, White, and Black
  • Height: 6ft 10in
  • Build: Slim but stronger than he looks
Re: Any Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 11:40:37 AM »
I think it can be done, grate speech :3

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 02:28:01 PM »
That speech was awesome and all but we aren't that big of a deal. But still yet, we do need something done and that is a cool idea. I remember once there was a fur in Britain and when a local media company said that furries were fetishists then he came up, in fursuit, to prove them wrong.
Yeah, we can just get people like that, go around wearing furry stuff telling people that the furry crap is a lie.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 04:31:19 PM »
i think the real question here is, do we want to be counted normal? if the mainstream people are so quick to judge us poorly and hate us for being who we are, do we really want to be a part of them?

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 06:02:26 PM »
Furry is a fandom. It's a hobby, an interest.

Some people forget that and take it way too seriously sometimes.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 09:29:15 PM »
Furry is a fandom. It's a hobby, an interest.

Some people forget that and take it way too seriously sometimes.
Agreed. There are aspects of the fandom that have a larger impact on lifestyle and such but it's the minority that follow the extremes. They have their own labels and subgroups, so when it comes down to it, those who see being furry/scalie/avian/whatever as being deeper than that to them at least, you're gonna have to fight for your specific beliefs and lifestyle rather than for the fandom as a whole. The fandom as a whole is just that: a fandom, a hobby, an interest (like WZ says)...just like the Anime fandom, the Star Trek fandom, etc.
A way of life is something to fight for. Freedom and ideals are to be fought for. Friends and those you care about are worth fighting for. These are all important things, but a hobby is less so. By all means fight for your specific take on what "furry" means to you, I shall cheer you in your efforts. Certainly, those who are part of the larger branch of the fandom shouldn't et people push them around but for most of us, ultimately, this is not something to bother fighting over. To fight over this and make a big stand just seems silly and juvenile to my eyes.

I think that there are better things to fight to protect and project your energies towards at the moment, but that's just me and for all I know everyone here completely disagrees with me *shrugs*
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline TheBuffaloChicken

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: bird
  • Coloring: yellow red purple pink
Thanks!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 07:15:20 AM »
Thank you all so much for taking the time to read and comment. I really appreciated it. Do I take it too seriously...maybe.  Long live Furies and the fandom!

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 07:16:46 AM »
I wouldn't say that there is anything wrong with setting the record straight about furrys... but to fight for our own rights? As long as we can get a job, and a drink as every one else can, I'm fine with peoples ignorence (to an extent) I see no real reason to get all worked up over this. I mean its not like on my licence its going to say
Name: McLovin
Date of birth: 5/12/94
Organ donor
Furry sub species: Fox

That's just a little to much. As long as it dosent stop me from buying a micdoubl, or getting a job, I'm good. Just though I should put my two sense.
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 08:00:33 AM »
Thank you all so much for taking the time to read and comment. I really appreciated it. Do I take it too seriously...maybe.  Long live Furies and the fandom!

I assume you meant that in reply to this topic rather than as a new discussion thread, so I've merged the two together.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.