The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Metroid: other M  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Blitz_Emmerich

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolfgon(wolf/dragon mix)
  • Coloring: Greay/light grey/black(wings)
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 115 lbs
  • Build: average
Metroid: other M
« on: August 02, 2010, 04:13:53 PM »
I have it reserved and I can't wait :* :* :* :*

Although I am somewhat worried it's gonna end up over hyped and suck....

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: Metroid: other M
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 04:40:58 PM »
If it is overhyped, you're not going to be alone in this. I preordered it in full back in February. I did hear that the problem with the controls is that you could only do certain things while standing still.

Offline Blitz_Emmerich

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 06:58:34 PM »
I'm kinda hoping for classic controller/gamecube controller support.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 07:57:45 PM »
Actually I liked the nunchuk and wiimote setup they had for the Trilogy.

Offline Blitz_Emmerich

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 12:11:11 AM »
This one isn't like prime, dude. It's like The old side scrollers.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 04:26:39 AM »
Partially it is... you actually switch between first person and third person, though you stand still when in first person mode (which is why I said that you could only do certain things in first person mode)

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 09:39:30 PM »
I'm also a bit doubtful about the control setup (I also enjoyed the controls of the Prime Trilogy) but I think they can still make this work and I think that doing it this way captures the original sidescrolling gameplay a bit better whilst keeping some elements of more complex 3D interaction intact.
Regardless, this game looks awesome, probably will be awesome and heck, it's Metroid. It may not be the best Metroid but chances are that at worst it'll simply be a darn good game.
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 10:23:29 PM »
Actualy... its more of a 3d side scroller, I pre-ordered it as well hopeing I payed for a good game. The main thing I hope for is that the game is long. Echoes and Corruption was to short for me. Im hopeing for the length of or possibly longer than Super Metroid.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 07:57:38 PM »
Actualy... its more of a 3d side scroller, I pre-ordered it as well hopeing I payed for a good game. The main thing I hope for is that the game is long. Echoes and Corruption was to short for me. Im hopeing for the length of or possibly longer than Super Metroid.
A lot of hard core players I know would argue that Super is a lot shorter, especially if you're a speed-runner or sequence-breaker. Prime 3 has no sequence breaking so speed running it is a lot harder. Maybe the average gamer would take less time to beat Prime 2 and 3 compared to Super, but...*shrugs*
In any case I'm glad to see a return to Metroid's side-scrolling roots. Should be interesting to see how it turns out, I'm still doubtful as to how it'll play but hey, it should turn out good.
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 07:38:43 PM »
True metroid prime was a lot longer, but mainly because all the diffrent locations you were going too and how you get there. Not to mention the hint thing will only tell you were to go after a certain amount of time has passed or you reach a certain point.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline josh_down

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
  • Species: Herbivorous Lion
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 09:01:29 PM »
i've only just started getting into the metroid games. metroid prime one has been my method to stop myself from thinking about stuff these past week or so, and it's done a bang-up job! i'm at the final boss right now and finding it pretty difficult. i'm pretty useless at computer games as a whole, and i've actually been playing metroid prime pretty much since it came out (all be it with a few breaks) and only just got to the final boss.

what do you think to metroid prime 2 echoes? i think once i've finished this one for good i'll invest in it cause they seem like some of the coolest games i've ever played.
The further on I go, all the less i know.
I can't find...
only us, breathing;
only us, sleeping;
only us, dreaming;
only us

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 01:35:14 AM »
Yeah... final boss I just recomend you to scan all over, you will find some intresting things that will help
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 05:11:25 AM »
I have it reserved and I can't wait :* :* :* :*

Although I am somewhat worried it's gonna end up over hyped and suck....
it's being headed by Team Ninja

it will not suck

The Ninja Gaidens are proof of that
and they were ludicrously hyped (the 2nd one anyway)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 07:21:34 AM »
Alright, a quick low-down of what I have played so far of it:

Takes place almost-immediately after Super Metroid in the terms of storyline, it gives a little more insight on events leading to her going from Galactic Federation Army to bounty hunter. The whole "side-scrolling" business of it is not truly a 2-D side-scrolling type of gameplay but you actually can move around in all four directions on the ground and ascending/descending add to the movement to make it a truly six-axis gameplay with the emphasis on action. Now, you have to be able to quickly go from normal mode to Search Mode (using the pointer on the screen to observe and scan) in some cases, but the feel is rather fluid in my opinion.

To the die-hard fans of the series, I'd say you shall not be disappointed with the action and the story. To newcomers, you're in for a real treat.

Offline Raphial

• Avid Aardvark
  • Founder of iRaph Designs & Studios.
    • Active Assaults Online
    • Awards
  • Species: White fox/wolf
  • Height: 6' 3"
  • Weight: 185 lbs
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 03:25:32 AM »
Alright, a quick low-down of what I have played so far of it:

Takes place almost-immediately after Super Metroid in the terms of storyline, it gives a little more insight on events leading to her going from Galactic Federation Army to bounty hunter. The whole "side-scrolling" business of it is not truly a 2-D side-scrolling type of gameplay but you actually can move around in all four directions on the ground and ascending/descending add to the movement to make it a truly six-axis gameplay with the emphasis on action. Now, you have to be able to quickly go from normal mode to Search Mode (using the pointer on the screen to observe and scan) in some cases, but the feel is rather fluid in my opinion.

To the die-hard fans of the series, I'd say you shall not be disappointed with the action and the story. To newcomers, you're in for a real treat.
Good. I'm a huge Metroid fan, and I've been waiting for this to come out for a long time. Problem is, I got it from reserving it, but my mother two states away still has my Wii. It's messed up.