The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Warriors Shall Rise Again  (Read 28326 times)

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
Re: The Warriors Shall Rise Again
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2010, 11:52:47 PM »
Tar-Ryn continued walking. Lightening lit up the sky in brilliant purple and blue as it scattered across the sky. She put her hood up and continued walking. She came to a clearing among the trees. On the ground was carved a pentacle. She went to the center and sat cross legged. She put her hood down and began to meditate. Soon she was lifted from the ground and hovered calmly. Her body began to glow in a dim blue, the tribal markings on her arms, legs and back. Her cloak was now on the ground below her as she continued to meditate.
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2010, 12:52:07 AM »
Chronin followed her to the clearing, and leaned against a tree while watching her meditate. He kept and ear and eye out for possible attackers, but he still couldn't keep himself from simply just admiring the one he risked all but his life to protect. Now, he was risking everything for her as a 'lowly' servant, which he admits that 'risking it all' was what he should have done for all of his comrades but failed upon killing more than half of them...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2010, 04:10:59 PM »
(Waiting for Asia to post in response to Kha'mal... Decided I may as well post some stuff for Kha'lin as she goes to deliver the letter to Tar-ryn  :)  )

A mule-drawn cart rolled out of the city of Khemal, wooden wheels rattling over the smooth cobbles. Kha'lin sat in the back of the wooden cart, squeezed in beside several merchants and general travellers. Opposite her sat a dark-furred canine, wrapped in dusty travelling cloaks. One of his eyes was white and milky, the other watched Kha'lin with sleazy desire. She sighed, drawing her own cloak closer around her, fiddling in apparent distraction with one of her braids. Despite the loose and unshapely quality of her travelling clothes, the canine opposite had no trouble with admiring her ample figure...

He grinned, showing yellowing smile "Darling, ye wouldn' be travelling outside the city alone would you?" Still grinning widely he ran one clawed thumb back and forth across his knee "Dangerous time for lone travellers it would be... Especially for young women likes yourself miss..." Kha'lin met the canine's gaze, amber eyes flashing "Do not think I am stupid old man..." she sighed, jumping down from the cart onto the dusty cobbles. She paid the driver with a few coppers, before walking down off the road and onto a smaller path.

• Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2010, 12:46:25 AM »
Ryn's ears twitches as a breeze blew, sweeping a scent through the air. She listened carefully to make sure it was not just a scent from the village. Her eyes opened as she put her feet gently on the ground. "Your interest is becoming an obsession..." She said, She lifted her cloak and draped it over her body. The hood now hid her face, only her illuminated blue eyes were visible.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2010, 01:01:26 AM »
Chronin couldn't keep his smile in check as he kept his gaze on Tar-ryn. "I still have not gotten my 'orders', so I choose to do as I will. What amazes me is that you walk off all on your own while theres a bounty on your head, and that you lack any real measure of keeping me from escaping."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2010, 01:13:55 AM »
"Perhaps because, even if you were to escape, I could not care any less. You've slaughtered my brother and killed my other brethren. Forgiveness does not come so kindly to those who betray their friends and family." She pushed past him and walked towards the Village. "Forgiveness is a door that must be opened. Not one you can simply expect to be opened with waiting arms."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2010, 01:36:45 AM »
Chronin turned about and followed her rather close, but his grin was gone. "I'll stop hounding you when the king is dead, thats what I told your brother, and I plan to keep it that way until I am ordered otherwise by 'Mistress' Tar-ryn..."

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2010, 10:53:08 PM »
Rasha folded her wings, and took a studied look at her young guard.
"So I'm guessing this is about your sister's missing necklace," she said. Her voice was calm and measured. "She seemed quite upset that it was missing. We've sent soldiers looking for it." She made a little snap of her powerful beak. "You better be doing something special."
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2010, 11:03:51 AM »
Kha'mal nodded pensively, striped tail flicking "I understand your highness... And it does not surprise me that you also worked it out, I have always been the lesser skilled at deception than my sister." He sighed, meeting Rasha's piercing gaze steadily "But I assure you, I have made the right choice in not telling her... I believe it to be better this way. I hope you understand miss..."

The muffled thuds of running paws beat a tattoo into Kha'lins mind as she ran, small eddies of dust swirling behind her. The dirt track wound across a bare mountain-side, wending between boulders and across the edges of scree cliffs.

The sun simmered over the mountain and surrounding valleys as a faint breeze blew from the south. Kha'lin paused, taking a sip from her goat-skin water tankard, before wiping her mouth and returning to her swift stride...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2010, 06:17:33 PM »
"Well," Rasha said with narrowed eyes. "You know your sister, and as long as this stunt does not badly affect her effectiveness as my subject then I'll allow it." She turned and walked to the window, leaning against, it sitting on the sill and looking out over her kingdom's mountain range, where Kha'lin possibly was.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2010, 09:13:02 PM »
Kha'mal bowed slightly as Rasha turned away, sighing a silent breath of relief. He returned his guard stance, golden blade drawn and held at the ready as he listened to the many noises and sounds of the palace...

The sun was drawing ever-closer to the horizon, dipping towards the mountain peaks it stained the valleys a deep red. Kha'lin sat on the edge of a cliff, watching the light roll over the landscape. She raised one hand to shade her eyes and squinted, in the distance was the sunset-lit city of Khemal, white palace walls shining.

Loose earth crunching, Kha'lin stood up, brushing the dust off her red tunic and cloak. She sighed, smiling as a cool breeze started to whip up the mountainside...

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2010, 03:05:31 AM »
Leo would smile some before nodding to the serval and pushing the bear's paw away from his shoulder "Well I'll see you later then" he said makeing his way through the halls stopping half way to come back and ask the serval for directions, and left again makeing his way to the training grounds whistleing.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2010, 07:16:38 PM »
Tar-Ryn walked away slowly, her marking still dimming themselves. Things Chrono didn't know, that no one knew, snooping around was like playing with fire... Someone was bound to get burned. Her new markings were sure to draw attention.

Rorin snorted awake. "Tar-Ryn? Hello??" He called, worriedly. Suddenly the bedroom door open. Tar-Ryn entered quietly and sat down. "Sorry... I was restless. I went for a stroll." She sighed. He hugged her tightly and put her on the bed. "You need sleep." Tar-Ryn nodded and shut her eyes, as light dreams washed over her mind.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2010, 07:46:07 PM »
The sun had finally set, the silver moon already making its way across the starlit sky. Loose dirt and scree crunched under Kha'lins paws as she ran, down the opposite side of the mountains. She paused for a moment, looking down into the new valley below, the neighbouring state of Daevera normally unseen by all citizens of Khemal due to the near impassable mountain range.

A freezing cold wind blew up the mountain, sweeping through the forests below. Kha'lin frowned, tasting the air on her tongue... Somthing wasnt right... She sighed, breaking into a light run, dirt crunching underfoot.

It was as she ran along the edge of a loose scree slope, nearing the very first trees of the forest that it happened. As her foot came down she slipped, loose dirt and stones rolling and sliding beneath her. The sound of whistling steel spun through the air, as a heavy chain whipped around her suddenly clumsy legs. She slipped and fell once, twice, and finally the side of her head hit solid rock with a muffled crunch.... Darkness enveloped her senses, even as she heard the faraway sound of crunching foosteps and drawing blades...

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2010, 03:42:53 PM »
The soldiers at the training ground were heading back to the tents, while a crocodile seargent oversaw them all. His ear twitched as he heard Leo approach, and he turned with a sneer.
"What you want, whistle boy?"