The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Warriors Shall Rise Again  (Read 28325 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: The Warriors Shall Rise Again
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2010, 06:25:58 PM »
Kha'lin woke suddenly, a sharp slap catching her across the cheek. It was the most recent of several, for her lip was cut and the side of her face felt as if a red-hot poker pressed against it. A scarred jackal leaned in close, grinning manically "What have we got here then?" He drew up her chin, dark claws raking up her neck "A messenger methinks... And a right pretty one at that..." Kha'lin lunged forwards, only to be restrained by rattling shackles and the grunt of someone holding them behind her. The jackal's grin widened, showing rows of yellowed teeth "Oooh, she's a feisty one she is... I reckon we can get at least ten silver for her down the market..."

Behind her somebody laughed gruffly, dragging her back by the heavy metal chains. Just behind the jackal a black-furred wildcat grinned and blew a mocking kiss at her "But every messenger has a message... So what is this little beauty hiding, eh?" Licking his lips, the Jackal stepped closer, reaching into the folds of her tunic. Kha'lin growled, baring her sharp white teeth and struggling against the shackles "Aha! A letter, expensive paper and all.." The Jackal stepped back again, brandishing the Queen's letter with a flourish... 

"Dont open it..." Kha'lin growled, glaring up at the Jackal. He put one clawed hand to his mouth, feigning surprise "Oh, I am very sorry young miss... I did not realise people in your position where capable of demanding anything... Especially when the person is so pretty and helpless..." Laughing, he inserted a claw into the end of the envelope, tearing through the heavy parchment. It was as far as he got...

With a sudden flurry of motion Kha'lin struck  a roundhouse kick to the Jackal's stomach, foot meeting flesh with a dull thud. He dropped to his knees, doubled over and coughing as she jabbed backwards with both elbows. Another groan of pain was followed by a loud thump, as the thick-set wolf behind her clutched his chest and abdomen in surprised pain.

The wildcat swore loudly, drawing his sword and advancing on her. With frightening speed he slashed the blade towards her, only to find the space she had occupied suddenly empty. A moment later his legs where whipped out from underneath him, and he was on his back with a bleeding nose and lip. Kha'lin stood panting among the groaning and unconscious slavers. She wasted no time in finding the Jackal's key, hanging around his neck, and unlocked the shackles. Slipping the letter back into her tunic she turned to leave, but stopped. The training of Khemal discouraged revenge...

-----

The Jackal woke with a groan, moonlight shining brightly around him. Swearing profusely, he tried to stand up, only to find himself tied to a gnarled tree-trunk with his own shackles. On the other side of the dirt path lay his key, hanging around the neck of a large rattlesnake. It hissed, raising up from the floor and opened its jaws to reveal sharp white fangs. The Jackal groaned, tugging against the chains "Ooh bugger..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #121 on: September 30, 2010, 02:20:36 AM »
Leo would simply smile back, not cockily, but just a simple smile as he continued on for some time before ending it as he came to a stop infront of the sergent looking up at him.
"Im your new recruit Mr. Green" Leo said looking him straight in the eyes somewhat challengeingly, makeing it apparent he had no respect for the Sergent. "Leo Cyrule, nice to meet you."
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2010, 10:10:09 PM »
Birds sang in the crisp air after Tar-Ryn woke up. She went down stairs and put a pot of water on the stove. Tea was her remedy for her tiredness. A knock came from the door. She set the pot down and walked over to the door. The messenger handed her the letter and bowed. She quickly read over the letter. "Go back to Rasha. Let her know I will be arriving at an unknown time. Tell her to keep watch on her dungeon." She went back inside as she watched the messenger leave cautiously in the passage she had made when she first stowed away in the Dungeon of the queen.
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2010, 10:20:33 PM »
Kha'lin sighed, turning and walking swiftly out into the woods. The weak sunlight was filtering through the tree canopy as she set off back towards Khemal. She straightened her tunic as she walked, having been very careful to allow any of the rips or tears show when she delivered the queen's message. Biting her lower lip she broke into a light run, paws crunching over the brittle twigs and dry leaves. Despite the unexpected ambush, and non-too detailed reply to the message, it felt good to be alive...

-----

Kha'mal woke with a groan, rolling off his small bed and onto the reed-mat floor. Stumbling to his feet he glanced out of the window at the sunlight, as it crawled over the mountain peaks. He sighed, pulling on a clean set of dark-red robes and mask. Many of the Queen's servants would be waking up at this time, though this fact did not make actually getting out of bed any easier... He mumbled to himself as he dressed, getting his tail caught in his tunic as he stumbled about "Need to go.... Talk to meerkat... Then go to armoury... Ask about new whetstone..." He groaned, finally dressed and walking out of the door towards the Queen's bedchamber "Stupid mornings..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2010, 05:37:47 PM »
The Seargent sneered at Leo.
"Let me guess, hot shot merc? What's your combat experience?"
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2010, 09:33:31 PM »
Sighing under his breath, Kha'mal strode past the ten-score guard that stood outside the queen's bedchamber. He nodded to the captain of the guards as he passed, a strong and iron-muscled lion who nodded in return to the masked twin"Captain... If you would please convey my apologies to her highness, but I must perform some duties in town this morning... I hope the additional guards you have managed to provide will be enough to ensure her safety while I am gone..."

The captain nodded again, holding his large halberd tightly "Of course Mr.Kha'mal, sir... 'Er highness will be informed, me an' my boys will see nothin' bad comes of 'er, dont you worry sir..."

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2010, 01:36:19 AM »
Chuckleing Leo would clap his hands a few times before pointing to the sergent "Right you are sir, though no hot shot. And not the best at the sword. I may even be the worse one here" he said gestureing to them with a smirk before looking back to the sergent "But exsperiance, I have. More than what they possibly have in this training grounds that's supposed to be a close representation of a battlements. Trust me, leave them for dead in, what ever enviorment you choose as training to see who still has to heart to fight and all, but maybe two... three tops will leave"

His smile would fade as he would take a look around the training grounds seeing only just that, practice and no real exsperiance "I can tell you all the battles I fought in hired as a merc, but chances are you will not like who's been envolved.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2010, 03:30:29 AM »
Chronin was at the bar, already drinking too much after just waking up only slightly earlier than Tar-Ryn. "What do you mean you're cuttin' me off, I still got fifty more gold to spend!!"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2010, 12:37:24 PM »
The seargent smiled, and put an arm around Leo.
"You know what? You're right." He pulled the feline along towards the small stone barracks. "Despite the gladiatorial battles, the endless training, the plague that has given everyone an intimate relationship with violent, bloody death; but a real battle is a different animal, especially against hardened veterans like in Zaldaro's forces." The barracks came close and they approached the door. They could see through the windows and the bustling soldiers within. The Seargent reached to his belt. "They need to see more, feel more." He kickied the door open, and it slammed against the wall. The soldiers all turned and watched as the Seargent pulled out a katar blade, and jammed it into Leo's side.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2010, 05:14:38 PM »
The moment the seargent laid his arm across Leo's shoulder's, he gave him a suspecious look, but alowed it as he followed him to the barracks listening to his entire speech. His eyes glanceing back and forth from the building to the Seargent next to him, until the seargent's keyword "Feel more" was said. Leos hand quickly moved behind him as the door was kicked open to grab hold of a dagger only to find his own demise. A katar jamed in his side. He let out a yowl from the pain and brought up a foot to kick the seargent away from him before takeing a few steps back and falling to his knees holding onto his side. He bleed heavily infront of everyon as his hand was now painted into a dark crimson tone. Sighing some at his own mistake his lips curled into a smile before pushing himself back to his feet and turning to the Seargent.

"I told you I'm not perfect, after all, we all make fatal mistakes." Now laughing pulling the dagger from the sheeth into his sleave, all under the cover of his jacket. Pulling his hand back to his front with an empty hand. "Your right, they all need to feel more. Compare to what happens in the battle field. This is but a flesh wound. He instantaniously stoped laughing and glared at the seargent letting his side go.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2010, 06:30:45 PM »
The seargent called to his soldiers.
"Men, what you see here is a wounded serval." His tone was elaborate and patronising, yet loud and firm. He almost entirely ignored Leo even when indicating him to the soldiers. "He wanted to show you what such a thing looked like. Obviously he is not from this land, he is not of its people." He then turned, staring back at the cat. "If you knowledge of us, maybe you'd know to show respect and know that we far more capable than he takes us for." Then a sickening smile dragged across crocodilian face. "But as you said, that's a flesh wound. I've seen children walk that off." He gestured for one of his soldiers to come forward. From the barracks, a young barn owl who couldn't have been sixteen years old came forward. He was thin, weedy, and his plain loose Khemali clothes made him seem overly tall for his shape. As he turned to the cat, he showed pure white feathers around fierce eyes on an unfinished face. In the future he might look an impressive and attractive young man, but as he was he was a boy. However, down from his face, he revealed at his side, a short and heavy mace. At its head was a steel claw, with blades for talons. In his stature, and his gaze, he poured pride and confidence, among utter calm.

The seargent stepped back from the two, still smiling. "Children play and get little wounds. Men live among the dead."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2010, 09:09:45 PM »
Kha'mal walked deliberately and silently through the Khemal marketplace, weaving between the jostling crowds of citizens and merchants. Spices filled the air with the scent of paprika and cinnamon, along with the earthy smell of livestock and vegetables all mingling together with the sound of a hundred different people bartering and haggling for prices. He smiled behind the mask, dodging aside an elderly couple who where carefully selecting chickens from a coup. The market always alleviated his spirits, even with his sister so far away...

The curtain of beads rattled and chattered as the Lynx walked into the rather gloomy jewellers. The same meerkat looked up from his workbench, removing a pair of thick spectacles and taking a step back from several sets of gold rings. He grinned and nodded a small bow to the twin "Ah, Mister Kha'mal... So glad you are here, I am pleased to say that your request is completed... If you would just step through to the back of my shop, I do hope you will be pleased with the results... I must say, it was a challenge, but one I have thwarted nonetheless!" he bobbed up and down as he spoke, energetically nodding and bobbing away. Kha'mal grinned, following behind the small jeweller into the secluded back of his store.. 

---

Outside the queen's bedchamber, the captain of the guards knocked politely on the door, but with a firm authority "Your majesty... I 'ave been told to inform you, that your loyal guard Kha'mal is in town this mornin'... So me and my constabulary are to be standing in place of 'is sister... I 'ope this is not of any major problem for you your 'ighness..." He nodded, clearing his throat and stepping back from the door. He turned to face his guards "Ten' hut!" The men all brought their left foot crashing down, and drew short swords. The captain nodded, his mane of dark brown fur billowing as he did so...

Seven of the ten guards watched the captain with bated breath, licking their lips and clutching their swords with sweaty palms. They shared furtive glances as the great lion turned back to the queen's door, knocking again "Ma'm? If I may also add that..." The captain got no further, as a blade thrust itself up through his chest, dark blood spattering the oak doorframe. He gasped, clutching at the steel even as it slid back out with a wet -shnik-. The powerful lion collapsed onto his knees, as did three of the ten guards, each with their throat slit open.

Seven guards pulled off their uniforms, revealing black robes and cowled hoods. Each of them had a large dragon tattooed across their chest, and a matching emblem stitched into the robes. They burst into the Queen's bedchamber, swords drawn and still dripping with warm blood...

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2010, 10:28:23 PM »
Rasha burst out from her bed, in a deep green night dress that flowed to the floor. She threw the sheets aside and stood to her feet, standing to fight, until the sheer number of assassins became clear. She dropped her taloned hands to her side and gave a glance to each of the hooded threats. Her eyes were fierce but there was a calm assessment within her.
"What is this?" she asked, steady and strong.

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2010, 01:45:36 AM »
((so glad you guys are getting into it... but soon you must include others... Its getting too much over your story line only.))

Tar-Ryn walked to the dining area of the tavern. "We leave today..." She announced. "We leave when night falls." Her eyes were fierce and tense.
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: October 04, 2010, 03:55:59 AM »
Leo looked at the owl, giveing him a a wink motioning him to step forwards a very crooked and dark smile curling his lips as he listened  to the croc. He shifted the hand a bit sliding the dagger out before tossing it up quickly catching it behind him by the blade and flickign it in a under handed fashion in the Crocs direction. If the Owl made the mistake of not moveing the blade would have left a nasty cut on the owls head to find and hopefully meet insdie the crocs stomach
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 11:27:34 AM by tangletail »
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲