The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Warriors Shall Rise Again  (Read 28330 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: The Warriors Shall Rise Again
« Reply #135 on: October 04, 2010, 03:25:59 PM »
Chronin looked at Ryn with the spirit-induced flush and squinty eyes of someone who may have had a few too many. "Where, are we going?" Rorin put a hand on Chronin's left shoulder, and he shrugged it off before putting a sack of gold onto the table. "There, I paid my tab! Now give me another sake!!"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #136 on: October 04, 2010, 04:34:36 PM »
The lead assassin, barely distinguishable as a jet-black furred Lynx raised his blood-stained sword to Rasha's throat. He spoke in a rasping voice, flicking a tail that was battered and broken in several places "This... Is the end.... Of your nation... Of your people..." Five of the hooded men stepped forward, ropes bound tightly around the Queen's wrists and her mouth, gagging her and pinning her arms behind her back.

Dragged roughly by her bonds, Rasha was lead back towards the door to her bedchamber and out into the corridor beyond. The cowled men lead her past the blood-stained forms of her guards and out towards the north-facing side of the palace. A young maid stepped out into the corridor, carrying a basket of linen sheets. The dark Lynx cut her down where she stood, kicking the body away with the air of someone batting away an irksome fly. Further and further the assassins dragged Rasha through her palace until they finally reached a wide balcony that overlooked the palace square, packed with Khemali citizens....

The group stopped, basking in the golden evening sunlight as the Lynx walked up to the edge of the stone rail... "Loyal citizens of Khemal!" He shouted, roaring with an insane anger and lust "Too long, have you stayed complacent, living here... safe... while others die in their hundreds... No more!" He levelled his sword with the queen's chest, still staring down at the crowds, a deathly silence having spread out from below the palace "Today you witness... The end, of your arrogant royal family!"

-----

Steps flew below Kha'mal as he ran, marble stairways bounded up five steps at a time as he shoved past shocked servants and dead guards. He drew his sword as he ran, golden blade humming in response to his urgency. Finally he reached the fifth floor, hurtling down the marbled corridors the entrance to the balcony drew near, even as the sword was raised above Rasha's head, shining and gleaming as it hovered for a moment, before slicing down...

• Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2010, 09:21:01 PM »
The owl moved his head, and the blade flicked past into the Seargent's gut. He grunted in pain, and stood with eyes burning at Leo. The owl creased a scowl, and charged to Leo, with the claw of his mace, swinging to disembowel.

Rasha looked over her kingdom, and her eyes were stern, like steel walls, but on her face was the slight tug of a smirk, even as the blade came down.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2010, 10:31:53 PM »
Leo jumped back to avoid the initial swing before bounding off to the side with a grunt from the pain in his side landing in a crouch with his ears flatened. He pulled his sword from it's sheath holding it to the side in his right, while his left held onto his wound. The blade held a few simple traits, most noticeable ones was the serrated edge near the point, and one side haveing been half sharpened near the handle and flattened at the tip. Giveing off charecteristics of the desert cat's homeland. Giveing it a few forward twirls he kept an eye on the owl but soon held a long pause, his ears rotateing and flicking to the direction of the village upon hearing a rather strange uproar from the crowd.

The feline's eyes swiviled to the the village before standing up straight holding his hand up to tell the owl to stop "Hear that? Forgive me for not knowing your customs... but, I doubt anything would be surely happening today?"
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2010, 09:16:52 AM »
an arrow flew from the crowd and struck the assasins arm, imbeding its self in the bone causing him to drop the sward just before it struck the qween.

Sorry Serpington, but its generally on this forum its polite to post your character in the OOC thread here: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=13129.0

Till' the owner of the RP accepts your character its basically just butting in without even saying hello 

-----

The blade rushed down through the air, cutting through the Queen's chest and out the other side. But it did not.
The sword was met by another blade, a sharp humming preluding a loud clang as the weapons met, a brief shower of sparks thrown up as the assassin's  sword was wrenched from his grip. Behind the Queen three of the six other assassins dropped with quiet thuds, blood splashing across the balcony floor. Kha'mal stood before Rasha, one hand pushing her back, the other bringing his golden Falcata blade round in the blinding arc that had disarmed the hooded assassin.

Even as he stumbled back, a rasping laugh rose up form behind the hood, a laugh that rose and fell with disturbing anger. Finally the laughter abated, to be replaced with a voice of hissing hatred "Kha'mal... You arrived, later than I expected. I must say you nearly let me kill your dear Queen..." The assassin turned his hooded head to the left, and then right, apparently unperturbed by the gleaming sword inches from his throat "Ah, but now I understand... Your sister is not with us... I could always count on her, but not you..." He laughed again, battered and broken tail swishing across the blood-soaked tiles.

Kha'mal thrust the sword closer, forcing the assassin to step back hurriedly. As he stumbled, footing treacherous on the slick balcony, his hood fell back.  A lynx with black fur and bright amber eyes grinned back at Kha'mal, one ear torn and limp. He laughed again, wheezing and coughing "Aha, brother.... So long since we last met... Such a happy, family reunion..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #140 on: October 07, 2010, 12:23:33 AM »
Tar-Ryn looked at Sorin and sighed. "I'll send scouts ahead to make sure all is clear, but for now, take Chronin up stairs for some rest..." Her patience with Chronin was wearing thin. She halted the bartender before he poured another drink for Chronin. "That's enough for him." Sorin went over to Chronin. "Come man, have some decency." He slung Chronin's arm over his shoulder and helped him upstairs.

Tar-Ryn shook her head and walked outside. "You came with Chronin... And I know you both very well. Scout ahead and come back if there is any possible way we may be seen." She shewed them away with a wave of her hand. Her hand rested on the handle of her brother's sword. She bowed her head and walked down the cobbled road. She went in search of a bow.
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2010, 12:29:22 AM »
Chronin pulled his arm off Sorin, and only stumbled on the first step before getting up the rest of the way. "You act like I've never had a drink before, its only been a rebellion since I last had a good drink and thats hardly put a dent in my tolerance!!" Then his defense for his sobriety shattered when he started to sob, putting a dent into the wall by bashing his armored hand into the wooden frame. "Why is she so annoyed at everything I do, its not like I'm the one everyone and their half-brother wants dead!"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2010, 12:37:32 AM »
"You fell to his control... And that's what hurts her the most. You hurt her. You two were once... but now, how is someone supposed to just put it behind them." He looked at Chronin, His ears now down in sorrow. "You just have to prove yourself... Trust me. Things will get easier. I had to force her to forgive me... she hasn't seen you in a while and things came rushing at her in so many directions."

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2010, 12:56:59 AM »
the sun filtered down through the tree next to the road, the tall lizard walked along the tree line with his long bow and quiver full of black feathered arrows. "another town, doesn't look like the king owns this one..." he herd footsteps coming up the path and quickly hid in the trees. "i wish i hadn't lost my sword." he said as the two armed travelers came into sight.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 12:59:50 AM by serpington »
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2010, 01:08:47 AM »
Chronin started to sober up, being able to burn all of the alchohol in his mood-swing. "I just hope that occours before she ends up demonizing me. Because I'm still trying to get over things that she did to me after I walked out..." He took a deep breath, then walked over to Sorin before showing a toothy grin. "You should have taken those drinking lessons when we were stationed in Jakataal, they really help with getting sober." He walked down the stairs and was out the door to keep an eye on Ryn...

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2010, 01:17:23 AM »
Sorin shook his head as he went to prep the tavern for opening time.

Tar-Ryn entered the bow shop. "Morning madam. I'm in search of a bow... and arrows to go with it." The woman smiled. "I have just the bow for you my dear." She shuffled to the back of the shop. She came back after a couple of minuted holding a red and purple bow. "It's carved from the bone of a phoenix, and an ancient dragon. The bows have a phoenix feather on every one." She smiled and handed Tar-Ryn the bow. "How do you know that this is the one for me?" Tar-Ryn asked in curiosity. She woman only smiled. "The past" was all she said before she vanished into the back of the store once again. Tar-Ryn confused, wondered back to the street with her new gifts. She held it firmly before slinging it over her back and walking back to the tavern. She spotted Chronin and her heart rose but suddenly sank. "Must you follow me everywhere?" She joked.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2010, 01:28:11 AM »
Chronin had a smirk on his face and he stopped walking. "Is this question truly coming from the same woman who used to throw things at me for looking at other women?" The smirk stayed on his face until he saw the 'new' item Tar-Ryn had strapped to herself. He was almost in shock, but he was still able to get around Ryn and take a closer look at the bow. "I thought you got rid of this when I said "No". The arrows are still here too!!"

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2010, 01:35:52 AM »
"I did... The problem is is that I went into that shop over there and some woman gave them to me.... And said they were from my past!" She shrugged and shook her head. "You deserved to have things thrown at you. I can hear your mind... remember?" she laughed.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2010, 01:38:21 AM »
His face drooped from exaggerated sadness, and got on his knees and hugged Ryn's legs tightly. "Have mercy Mistress, I still need the bow and arrows to propose!!"

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2010, 01:44:17 AM »
Her hand lightly hit the side of his head. "Oh stop it. Don't make a scene." She smiled and poked his nose, pushing him backwards.