The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Warriors Shall Rise Again  (Read 28341 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: The Warriors Shall Rise Again
« Reply #240 on: October 27, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »
Kha'mal sighed, a long deep breath that lifted a leaden weight from his chest. He nodded "Yes. Yes, of course your highness... Forgive me. It seems I am still the incompetent youth of twelve, forever worrying." He smiled, visible even past his cotton mask "I still have much to learn, and I am grateful for your understanding in the matter, of course, this will never again affect my duties here."

He turned, as if to walk back to the door, but stopped. His long striped tail flicked twice as he pondered for a moment before turning back to Rasha "There is one other thing... Normally I would not ask of you-" Kha'mal sighed again, reaching into the folds of his uniform. Pulling out a small velvet satchel he stepped close again. "My sisters necklace. I found it outside the baths, purely by accident. I shall not bore you with the story of how it got there, for it involved nothing more exciting than a maid, bundles of towels and the wash-cart outside the baths."

With scrupulous care he hooked one finger around a thin silver chain, pulling out the gold-clasped gem that accompanied it. An emerald. It sparkled in the evening light as Kha'mal held it up. "The original stone was broken beyond repair. The jeweler you met used one of the largest pieces, and ground it down to this. I considered waiting until her coming of age, but decided it would be best If I brought it to her today..."

Kha'lin sat on her thin-sheeted bed, dragging the comb through her thick black hair. She hummed, carefully counting strokes in her small bedside mirror. With a thin sigh she pulled back her hair, carefully tying it into the long plait that ran down her back. Finally, and with another thin sigh, Kha'lin slid into her thin cotton uniform, soft against her tan-striped fur.

The reflection in the mirror stared back at her, studying her feline features. Apparently satisfied, or merely conscious of the time, she turned to the bedroom door...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #241 on: October 27, 2010, 07:06:25 PM »
"That was then My friend." She said from in the tree. She leaped back down. "People must change to protect themselves and those they care about."
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #242 on: October 27, 2010, 07:29:17 PM »
"yes but that can sometimes mean changing back to a former self, lest they be forgoten from history." he sighed looking up at her. "oh and are they friends of yours?" he said referring to the two people walking up the path.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: October 27, 2010, 07:52:39 PM »
She nodded. "They are two survivors that well... Were at once sent by the king... They massacred my men. But I have learned to forgive." She walked over to him. "If you're men really want to help, then send some to scout ahead."

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: October 27, 2010, 08:01:18 PM »
"anything else? you are aware of what was offered by general Isiah aren't you? or was the message lost in translation?" he said waving his hand, one of the soldiers from earlyer jogged up to him "send the scouts out as the general has ordered." "yes sir!" the warrior quickly ran back into the trees and out of sight. he looked back to Tar-Ryn, "so any questons?"
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:03:01 PM by serpington »
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: October 27, 2010, 08:03:49 PM »
"Not as of right now. You will be under my command. Anyone who feels different may leave," She barked. Her words were fierce and cold, but her eyes were soft and warm.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: October 27, 2010, 08:10:37 PM »
"general Tar-Ryn, leader of the new rebelion. has a nice ring to it, don't you think?" he got up and pulled out a small bundle from under his cloak, its blackrose insignia shining in the moon light. "a gift, and you might want to save the speeches for when someone is listening." he smiled softly "all that is in that package is now yours to do with what you wish."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #247 on: October 27, 2010, 08:40:16 PM »
Chronin walked over to Tar-Ryn, and then shot a look at Durako. "It seems I missed one, oh well. Any news, Mistress Ryn?" Chronin's edginess from earlier just vanished the moment he spoke to Ryn, even though his attitude seemed outwardly cold to the other surviving general.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: October 27, 2010, 09:06:45 PM »
"oh me? I'm not a general, but you might want to catch up with your friend as to what she has taken on." durako said looking over to the new arrivals. "go ahead, i can wait."

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: October 27, 2010, 10:11:55 PM »
Tar-Ryn nodded. "Durako had his men scout ahead. I don't want Pharaoh flying in the woods... " She smiled. Calm yourself Chronin. He means no harm... The hostility is not needed. Tar-Ryn looked at Durako. "What were you going to say?" She asked him.

((When things are italicized without quotes, it means she's telepathically speaking to someone))

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: October 27, 2010, 10:51:18 PM »
He tried to say something back in the same fashion in case she could read thoughts right now. I mistook him for one of the generals, not many would just willingly let me have a second chance Mistress.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: October 27, 2010, 11:15:25 PM »
Don't give judgment until you're sure. Her eyes were calm as she looked at him.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: October 27, 2010, 11:45:29 PM »
He smiled in response, even though it seems random to the others around them. As I stated before, not many who follow your philosiphy are capable of holding their own when their life is threatened.

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: October 27, 2010, 11:49:48 PM »
Tar-Ryn understood and smiled. She looked around. "Where is Sorin?" Before she could get an answer Sorin walked from behind a large tree. "Sorry. I had to make sure no one was around. Always have to be cautious. " Tar-Ryn smiled and hugged him.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: October 28, 2010, 12:27:55 PM »
"now then general, you should meet your army." durako stood up and looked calmly over to chrono and put a scaly hand on his shoulder and whispered "I'll be watching you." he then stood up straight and stretched "OK, follow me the rebelion awaits." he started to walk away along the path.