The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Warriors Shall Rise Again  (Read 28348 times)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: The Warriors Shall Rise Again
« Reply #270 on: November 02, 2010, 05:31:30 PM »
"No, it's okay, sister." Rasha rubbed her eyes and shook her head. Then, with a big sigh, she settled herself. "I need to wear something more appropriate," she said, looking down at her nightgown, then headed to the wardrobe. "No need for the stylist, she's an acquaintance," she said, and pulled out a blue dress and trousers, that bloomed with black flowers embroidered up her legs, wings and over her chest. She looked in the mirror, and hastily groomed her feathers, and pinned jewellery to her brow, framing her eyes. He turned and presented herself to Kha'lin. "What do you think?"
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #271 on: November 02, 2010, 06:25:51 PM »
Tar-Ryn waited patiently. Her cloak was back, her weapons were left at the front, to be recollected another time. Her piercing green eyes wandered casually about the hall she was left in.
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #272 on: November 02, 2010, 06:27:12 PM »
With a smile Kha'lin nodded respectfully, amber eyes shining "Very nice your highness... Shall I take you to her now?" She stepped aside with one paw indicating the oak door.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #273 on: November 02, 2010, 08:44:20 PM »
"Yes, please do," Rasha said, and walked to the door.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #274 on: November 02, 2010, 08:51:17 PM »
"OK we're here, follow me to the generals tent." durako walked through the crowd of warriors with the two generals behind him. some of the warriors began to mutter under their breaths as the three walked past.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #275 on: November 02, 2010, 09:16:36 PM »
Kha'lin opened the door and lead Rasha out into the corridor. Kha'mal nodded to them both as they passed and fell into step on the Queen's other side. The three walked down long palace corridors, warm sunlight washing over them through the tall windows that faced a golden sun in an azure sky.

Finally they reached the corridor where Tar-ryn had been left, sunlight still streaming in and giving everything a bright and vibrant hue...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #276 on: November 02, 2010, 09:37:37 PM »
Tar-Ryn smiled in the sight of her old friend. She moved her hood off her head as the queen approached closer. "Aww Rasha, no need to get dressed for my occasion," She joked mildly.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #277 on: November 02, 2010, 09:42:44 PM »
Rasha gave a smile, and gave Tar-Ryn a hug.
"Well, I haven't seen you in a long time," she said. "And as Queen, I always need to look good."  She pulled away, and looked into Tar-Ryn's eyes. "Now, I need to know, were you followed?"

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #278 on: November 02, 2010, 09:50:54 PM »
"No, Pharaoh scouted and I had some others scout for me as well." A bird squawk came from the entrance. A guard walked over, the falcon on his arm. "I believe this belongs to you general." Tar-Ryn smiled and took Pharaoh. "All is well. Sorin stayed back along with Chronin to meet with a group that deems very loyal to me and my quest." Her eyes shifted to the guard that accompanied Rasha.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #279 on: November 02, 2010, 09:57:18 PM »
Both Kha'lin and Kha'mal hung back as they watched the two friends. They exchanged quick glances, and Kkha'mal wished that he could speak to his sister alone, about the necklace, about everything... Kha'lin nodded to him, as if to say they would talk later, returning her attention to Ta-ryn...

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #280 on: November 02, 2010, 10:07:37 PM »
Rasha gave a smirk at the falcon, then took Tar-Ryn's hand.
"Good," she said. "Now let's go to my drawing room, we can talk more there." She turned and headed back up the hall, passing her bedroom to some double doors. She turned to her guards. "you two can wait out here. I'll call if I need you," she said, and headed inside. The room was luxurious, filled with books, expensive furniture and an elaborate carpet. Religious iconography and art covered the walls. She sat Tar-Ryn down on a red sofa, lined with gold, while she sat in a chair opposite. "So my friend, why have you come to me? What do you expect of me?"

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #281 on: November 02, 2010, 10:14:39 PM »
Tar-Ryn was now more serious. Her intentions were to leave Rasha out of the issue as much as possible. "What I ask of you is simply to assist me. Weapons, and simple housing until I figure out a better plan. I know you want no part in what is to come, and I'm going to keep you out of it with all of my living power. I will take up an identity, anything. But the village I just left, I can't work from that far and vulnerable. Within your kingdoms walls I am at your will and only you can punish me." She leaned back as she relaxed her body.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #282 on: November 02, 2010, 10:34:21 PM »
Rasha sighed and snapped her beak. "Protecting and hiding enemies of Zaldaro is more than enough reason for him to attack, but that's only if he manages to find you. What kind of rebellion are you forming here? I need to know your plans."

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #283 on: November 03, 2010, 12:56:37 AM »
"As we speak, Sorin is meeting with a group that is located in the forest. Its lead by a general Isiah. It's as big as it has to be. But it's staying where it is. Only Sorin, Myself and Chronin will be staying within your city." She looked about and sighed. "The plan is, wait it out for a month or so... After I find my ties to everyone I will be gone. I will make sure your kingdom will be out of the harm of Zaldaro."

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #284 on: November 03, 2010, 02:04:43 AM »
"I see," said Rasha. "Well I will help you as much as i can, and you can make any requests of me that I will try to get fulfilled." Sh ran a hand over her feathers, and chewed the thoughts in her head. "As long as you keep yourselves secret, there's a building at the back of the palace that heads out into the city. We use it for secret meetings and the like. You can stay there and lay low, but in return, i want any information you learn about Zaldaro to be relayed to me, okay?" she said with a smile.