The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Warriors Shall Rise Again  (Read 28332 times)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: The Warriors Shall Rise Again
« Reply #390 on: November 23, 2010, 09:09:02 PM »
The queen crossed her legs and arms, her eyes scanning over the rat lord. "Very well, though I do not appreciate it. The action of Zaldaro is intensifying to a point where we may not be able to contain it. It may spill out into our streets, finding us in our bed, like crying infants." She looked around the room, to her supporters and enemies. "We have been building, and repairing, but he is pressing us, and will be here in the flesh, before the year is out." The lords shuffled, murmuring to eachother; whispers, schemes and gossip. "I need more of your people. More soldiers, more workers, more grain and steel." She ran her fingers down her arm, before grasping the arm of her throne. "We are no longer at peace. We are at war, like the rain hanging in the clouds, preparing to fall upon our lands. If unprepared, it will be a flood, but with your help, we can emerge in harvest, stronger than ever before." A smile, cold and slim like a blade cut across her face. "So, what more can you do?"
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #391 on: November 24, 2010, 04:51:47 AM »
Tar-Ryn took the horse and continued on the path to the palace. "Let's go. Sleep is key right now." She said urgently, hurrying the other two along.
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #392 on: November 25, 2010, 12:09:10 AM »
Chronin kept an eye on the bow with a slight stare of agitation. He put his left hand to his side, while his right rested on the handle of his sword. His occasionally darted from Sorin, then to Tar-Ryn before going back to the bow itself. I need to get that bow away from her...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #393 on: November 27, 2010, 05:25:11 PM »
Lord Dirvaan nodded silently as the Queen finished her short speech. He stood alone from the other lords, dark eyes twinkling as he shuffled forward again "Your highness speaks with the courage and wisdoms that befits her family. I shall, of course, apply myself most thoroughly to readying our nation. Weapons must be forged, troops must be trained and we here at the capital must prepare for the possibility of siege... So much must be done, but first, there is a matter of formality..."

The rat shuffled back over to the long table that dominated the room, and from in his robes of deep purple, he pulled out a series of tightly rolled parchments. One was unfurled and held down at the corners with four gold paperweights, as Dirvaan placed beside it an ivory pen and inkwell. The parchment was thick and across the header swirled calligraphy of the highest quality, smooth and obviously inked by hand.

He backed away and bowed slightly "If your highness would be so kind as to sign the deceleration." His whiskers twitched as he bowed again "You could of course continue without, but this is tradition after all, without which our governing system would have no meaning."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #394 on: November 27, 2010, 11:23:07 PM »
Rasha looked back to Kha'lin, and clicked her fingers. "Read it out, so we may all hear and understand what this group is agreeing to."
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #395 on: November 27, 2010, 11:53:09 PM »
Kha'lin walked up to the table, paws crossed behind her back as she glanced down at the page. The writing was loopy and swirled and it took her a moment before she cleared her throat and spoke "Declaration of War footing. This deceleration hereby announces that Khemal, her people, her lords and her monarchy are to face a foe that, should it be unmet and allowed free reign, would destroy the freedom and order created by the country wherein."

She paused and glanced up momentarily. Lord Dirvaan nodded encouragingly and smiled benignly as she continued "Harvest is to be strictly monitored with due amounts to go to military supplies and rationing is to be instigated. No man or woman shall be allowed in or out of Khemal borders without authorizing papers, and every citizen over the age of fourteen years shall report to the nearest constabulary for immediate recruitment into Khemalian fighting forces......"

The decleration went on, and on. Entailing the lengthy and slow process of readying an entire nation for conflict. Finally Kha'lin finished and stepped back from the table. Dirvaan smiled sweetly to her and inched the ivory pen closer to the parchment "Thank you child. Now if your highness could just sign, I shall get the wax and royal seal." He did so from another pocket within his robes.
A small candle which he lit melted the stick of red wax which he dripped in a neat circle at the bottom of the page, placed the royal seal beside it to be pressed into the wax, and stepped back again.

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #396 on: November 29, 2010, 01:00:05 AM »
The feathers at the back of the Queen's head began to rise like a crown, and her civil smile fell away. "Conscription? Rationing? Might I remind you that we are not a military base, and even not yet at war. We are still a country that is recovering from a terrible plague." She snapped her beak, and straightened her elaborate clothes, looking down from her throne to the lord. "Rationing will inhibit our expanding population, as will conscription of all our healthy men. Not to mention removing much of the farming population." She looked around to the other lords, guaging their moods. "It should be recognised that balance is needed. Increase your armies as much as you can, and train them, but this is a time for preperation. We need food, so we need farmers. We need population so we must encourage families. When war is upon us, then we shall discuss such plans, but right now we cannot hide behind our walls like frightened... rats." At the last word she glanced back down to Dirvaan. "Else we destroy the freedom you seem so intent to protect. This includes their freedom to come and go as they wish. Granted we have been too lax in our security." Her eye subconsciously flicked to Kha'mal, before she settled herself. "But our people must not be prisoners in this country. A thorough check of every traveller by an increased guard should be enough. Any other suggestions are more than welcome, though none should be as over confident as our dear Lord Dirvaan." She clicked her finger to Kha'lin again. "Hand the lord back his document and pen. It has no place in this meeting."

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #397 on: November 30, 2010, 01:12:11 AM »
"Let's just go and get some sleep!" Tar-Ryn snapped. Her patience were wearing thin and she was growing tired. She began walking in the direction of the palace, not waiting for the others to join her. Sorin sighed and pulled the horse, slowly following her from a short distance.
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #398 on: November 30, 2010, 01:51:15 AM »
Chronin was amazed, and somewhat shocked, that she was still reading his mind, even though she seemed too tired to even attempt that. "You make it sound like we said something Mistress, but very well, lets pick up the pace..." Chronin got ahead of both of them, but not too far to warrant either Tar-Ryn's wrath, or Sorin's criticism.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #399 on: November 30, 2010, 04:40:48 AM »
durako was waiting for the three just down the road, he stepped out onto the road when he saw Chronin followed by both Tar-Ryn and Sorin. "i was starting to think you weren't coming." he beamed turning around and walking next to Chronin.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #400 on: November 30, 2010, 05:27:43 PM »
Dirvaan took both pen and parchment brusquely from Kha'lin and slid them back into his robes. He sighed and licked nervous lips "Of course, perhaps my intentions where too hasty. I must say however, your father would have signed the paper. I have served under your family for a long time now." He bowed and stepped back into the crowd of lords "Of course, if ever you wish to reconsider... Your highness."

The lords parted to allow the rat back into their ranks, and stayed slightly parted, for those closest seemed hesitant to maintain a closeness to him. From the far end of the group a hand was raised cautiously and a few men stepped aside to allow a lynx to speak.

As Dirvaan was the oldest of the Lords, the lynx was by far the youngest. His striped sandy fur, rather darker than usual and mottled rather than striped, shimmered in the rosy evening sun. He cleared his throat and glanced around the room cautiously "To stand alone would be foolish, against an opposition so strong. Even Khemal as mighty a nation as we are, or as we believe we are, is only as strong as the components it is made of."

He paused for a moment and his gaze caught on Kha'lin. She eyed him with venomous suspicion and he continued "Perhaps however, if we bring in other components, we could be stronger? Stand together with others that are oppressed. Appeal to our neighbours and draw in the strength of all who share our belief of freedom?" 

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #401 on: December 01, 2010, 02:18:16 AM »
Chronin seemed to panic for a second, then he pulled durako to the side while still keeping pace with the other two. "Mistress is a bit edgy from lack of rest, so I suggest a held tongue or tight lip until she is asleep, then we can speak over a few pints. That sound good?"

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #402 on: December 01, 2010, 02:23:02 AM »
"you sure are protective of her........is there something there?" durako joked quietly "and fine i'll hold my tough for now, but i have some information you might be interested in.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #403 on: December 01, 2010, 03:09:11 AM »

Rasha stared at Dirvaan's back as he headed into the crowd, but a smile took her, as the new voice spoke up. She folded her wings, and leaned forward a little, glancing just for a second at her young guard. "I understand your reasoning, for it is sound, but who do you suggest we reach out to?" She tilted her head, raising her brow. "The old powers are dead, defeated by Zaldaro, and anyone left either refuses to fight Zaldaro, or has no army to speak of." The queen looked down at the long table that stretched through the room, and toyed with her feathers up and down as she thought. "Unless," she said. " we dont aim for the governments, but the people. Zaldaro has certainly shown his intent, so we must tell these small, frightened countries that the Khemali people stand firm against Zaldaro, and if there is any justice in them, the people may join our ranks." The ideas that spun in her head shone through her eyes like little glints of a diamond.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #404 on: December 01, 2010, 05:34:54 PM »
The lynx nodded modestly, following the queen's glance to Kha'lin again for a second time and then back "You interpret my proposal faultlessly. Governments and nations are strong, but the individuals should not be underestimated. It is my belief that an influx of men and women ready to help, both in directly fighting Zaldaro or to supplement our workers in both fields and forges, morale -of all the most important factors- would raise substantially." He nodded again and smiled briefly to the queen before taking a step back. A smattering of applause followed the lynx, as did Kha'lins gaze.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 06:33:46 PM by Kitt (Santa Claws) »