The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Warriors Shall Rise Again  (Read 28329 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: The Warriors Shall Rise Again
« Reply #420 on: December 10, 2010, 11:05:48 PM »
When Sorin spoke, it pulled Chronin out of his emotional high and he could feel that something was rather off in the room and he could hear something going on above him. He moved his hand to his sword, and tensed his arm for a flourish strike in case the threat was nearby...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #421 on: December 13, 2010, 12:52:21 AM »
The stretch of Tar-Ryn's bow broke the silence of the dark forest. "Sorin..." her eyes shifted to the right, her head moving upwards. He nodded and went off, disappearing among the trees. Tar-Ryn then looked to chonin and waved him to take her place below the sound of movement. She smirked and moved into the darkness. The sound of her arrow cutting the air was heard and the thrust of Sorin's body weight moving anthers. A large figure dropped at Chronin's feet. His shoulder pierced and armor bloodied. 
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #422 on: December 13, 2010, 01:53:14 AM »
Chronin snorted while looking at the body, and readied his blade to either finish the attacker off, or at least keep him from attacking again. "You telling me I just got demoted from servant to bait or cannon fodder?" he said aloud as he didn't take his eyes off the figure, but kept his ear-holes alert for extra movement. "What kind of palace just lets assassins crawl about without so much as a distant cry from a guard? Hopefully Rasha is still alive by the time we get to our room..."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #423 on: December 13, 2010, 10:00:46 AM »
"i just wished to see if the rumours were true. and this is what i get." said the downed man laying face down. "i am from the order of the blood rose. and we like the other orders are here to serve you." he said as five masked figures dropped down around the group. they all bent down in a knelling bow. "we are the ears and eyes of the orders of the five roses. and are at your disposal." the five masked figures said simultaneously.

((only a temp thing, cos durako's travels are going to be really boring till after he returns from his mission.))
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 07:59:49 PM by serpington »
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #424 on: December 14, 2010, 07:57:51 PM »
Tar-Ryn let out a low growl and glided her way towards the downed man. "Sneaking around is not so wise. Next time, I wont be so hesitant as to kill you." She pulled her arrow out of his shoulder roughly and turned away. Her ears were laid back in frustration with the idiocy of the ink blood rose order. Come... I wish to not play games any longer. Tar-Ryn 'said'.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #425 on: December 16, 2010, 12:59:19 AM »
Chronin obediently followed after Tar-Ryn, not really sure if Sorin was going to follow or find his room on his own. I need to tell you something about the bow and arrows before you go to sleep...

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #426 on: December 16, 2010, 08:07:49 PM »
Sorin looked at Chronin and smirks. He stood outside of Tar-Ryns room. Tar-Ryn looked at Chronin. "What is it? And the answer is no if you ask me to get rid of them."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #427 on: December 18, 2010, 02:12:55 AM »
Chrono didn't change his posture or made any annoyed sounds as he stared Tar-Ryn down. "Let me just say this first before we get any deeper: That bow is a living weapon."

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #428 on: December 18, 2010, 09:36:02 AM »
"Well," Rasha finally said, looking from one of her guards to the other. "I could send my personal soldiers. They are more than capable for such a vital mission."
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #429 on: December 18, 2010, 03:43:04 PM »
a tall masked fox appeared in the room, meters behind cha'gra. "i have been sent by my masters to ensure your willingness of the assistance of the order of five roses. and if it's spies you need......" five more masked figures appeared around the room."we are more than willing to offer our services to the cause." the six identical figures bowed simultaneously to Rasha before kneeling and awaiting a response.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #430 on: December 18, 2010, 08:06:29 PM »
Cha'gra smiled, though the expression lacked any humour "Ah. But there you run into a fundamental problem. By sending those two out, you risk your own life. I believe that you where attacked, when under the guard of only one of them." Here Cha'gra glanced momentarily to Kha'mal "What could happen if you where under the guard of neither?" He sighed, folding arms across his powerful chest "The decision rests with you your highness. If you wish to send them, I shall do everything to ensure your safety while they are gone..."

----

The sun had now fallen below the line of the mountains, rosy light washing down over the valley and city below. The drop in temperature came as a relief for the soldiers on the training grounds. After a day of training in the blistering heat, shoulders sweating and chests heaving, the cool breeze from the south soothed aching muscles. Many had stopped their training, choosing to sit at the sides instead. Among those still training was a score of archers. Among the archers stood a panther, young, slender and sharp-eyed.

"String!" The captain shouted from the sideline, watching closely as the dozen or so men and women nocked arrows "Draw!" A second shout, again followed by instant action "Aim!".... "Fire!" A volley of arrows shot across the training ground, striking the wooden targets with dull thunks. The captain nodded "Enough. Get some rest all of you..."

The archers all followed the order gratefully, groaning and stretching. All walked away massaging calves and biceps, all except one. The captain frowned "Shay'na. Training is over, come, have a rest." With the hint of a grin Shay'na nocked another arrow and let if fly, striking the target in the bullseye, already reaching for another arrow. The captain sighed exasperatedly at her silence and walked away with a shake of his head.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #431 on: December 18, 2010, 10:39:31 PM »
Rasha glanced to the six masked figures, and a frown overcame her. "If you wish to to attend, I would suggest asking to. Now take off your masks and clothes. Kha'lin, Kha'mal, search them." She gestured to her guards, then looked over to the lion again. "Apparently we have more holes in our security than a seive. Perhaps you're right. Do what you can to improve security and find some spies. We can't let this go on any longer."
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #432 on: December 18, 2010, 11:51:11 PM »
Kha'mal and Kha'lin stepped toward the masked figures. Both walked with calculating calm, but neither sheathed their sword as they advanced. They stopped a pace or so away from the figures and waited a moment. If they where indeed loyal to the queen, they would abide to the search. If not, then the search would have to be forceful. Better it was easy and with consent.

A few of the Lords shuffled their feet surreptitiously. Through the tall palace windows the streaming sunlight had been replaced by cool twilight. And as the meeting went on a pair of servants walked in quietly and lit lamps around the walls, bathing the room in flickering yellow light.

-----

Even the rosy tinge of the setting sun had started to wane now, and the cool breeze had become a chill wind. While the days where hot in Khemal, the nights where cold.
Only one figure remained in the military training grounds. Silhouetted against the darkening sky, Shay'na drew back the string on her bow. The wood bent and creaked softly as she pulled further and further back. Any of the army captains would have reported that her posture was that of a textbook archer, perfectly balanced.

She let the arrow fly, satisfied by the dull thud as it met the target. It was starting to get dark, and while she often trained at night, today was not one of those times. She walked out across the training grounds to the wooden target and yanked out the dozen or so arrows stuck into it. Dropping them back into their quarrel, she slung the bow over her back and walked away to the fence at the far end of the training ground. There she stopped and waited. For tonight she was expecting someone.

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #433 on: December 19, 2010, 12:09:36 AM »
the six figures stood. "of course, no one can afford to be to cautious these days. you are free to search us but we are not permitted to reveal our faces. it is in our creed, to do so would mean execution of all that removed their mask....and all who see what is under it. thus is our law." the leader said before the group started to strip. they stood moments later, wearing nothing but their masks revealing that the leader and three of the others were female and that they all wore an identical scar of a rose branded onto their left shoulder blade.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #434 on: December 19, 2010, 12:23:11 AM »
Both Kha'mal and Kha'lin shared a glance before nodding. Kha'lin spoke, indicating her own mask of red cotton "We understand fully, for we to follow such a creed." She waited as they stripped, revealing no weapons as they did so "Though ours is perhaps somewhat less strict. For we only wear the mask when at the palace..."

Finally the six had finished, leaving the group of Lords to stand rather awkwardly, most trying to look anywhere but at the men and women. Neither Kha'lin or Kha'mal followed such shame, and instead proceeded to check over the discarded clothing and masked figures thoroughly.  When they had finished with the search Kha'lin nodded her approval "As far as I can tell you bare no physical ill will to the queen."