The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Warriors Shall Rise Again  (Read 28317 times)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: The Warriors Shall Rise Again
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2010, 11:07:05 PM »
Queen Rasha Khemerin, ruler of Khemal, was sat in her royal bedchamber, surrounded in silk and satin furnishings, with golden frames, armrests and bedposts. An elaborate and intricate rug of burning red and green, curling and dancing together, lay on the floor and stroked her taloned feet. The chair she sat on was custom built to fit her back in a strong upright posture, and its patterns and construction surrounded her in red and golden flourishes. The desk in front of her was draped in soft fabric, with fibres that seemed to sway without a wind. The queen herself was dressed in a plain black gown that stroked her feet. The long sleeves were slashed, allowing her wings to spread through from her arms. Her white feathers almost glowed, though her remiges were deep black, as were the feathers at the back of her head. These feathers would stand vertical at times, but right now they were flat, and surrounded in all the regal glory, the queen sighed. She let her head drop, thudding against her desk, trapping a paper under her feathered face. She made a grumbling whimper, and through her mind, all the tasks of the day, the month and the year piled in front of her. She stared up close at the words.
"Expand defencive capabilities," she murmured, then shut her eyes tight, sat back up straight and rubbed her face, stroking along her feathers. She stared at the paper, moving her gaze back to the first line, 'daily duties'. There were land disputes to settle, families to mediate between, feuds to dismantle, and in the afternoon, a royal visit had been organised to the 'New Families' initiative, that had been started to boost the population after the plague. All the while, messengers would pester her, and lords would cosy up to her. She slammed her head to the desk again.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2010, 11:46:00 PM »
Tar-ryn went upstairs, where she stayed. She sat down at a desk and took out a piece of parchment. She dipped her feather pen and began writing a letter to Queen Rasha.

Dear Rasha,

I know it's been a while since we've last spoken. I have word that Zaldaro has expanded in land.
He is now in search of me and the last of my brethren. We need a place of protection. You said
you owed me for saving your life, and this is my request. There are four of us. If its not too much
of a burden, please.

~ Tar-ryn
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:47:39 PM by Akayla Luna Fiamma »
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2010, 01:24:23 AM »
Chronin got on both feet, and looked about the inn, then finally turned his attention to the two of his 'fellow' generals. "To be honest, I expected a more hostile welcome to the village. But I guess serving Tar-ryn, or Mistress Tar-ryn as manners would dictate of me, is better than having my throat slit just after eating my first meal after a couple days on patrol."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2010, 04:33:08 AM »
From the distance heading to Khmer was a farmers cart, loaded with hay, being pulled by two feral oxen with passengers in the back. One of the passengers a wolf was playing a song on a guitar as he boredly waited for his stop along with a feline that was whistling along traveling with him for a few days since he didn't know the geography of the area to well. As the feline patted on his blades sheath he placed a hand over the side of the cart and looked beyond the hay stacks that blocked his sight seeing the place he was heading to.

"Hey, Leo. Your stop is coming closer" said the wolf as he continued plucking notes
"Thanks sir obvious-alot" Leo retorted gathering his equipment, ready to depart
"Hey just making sure you know, You'd be lost without me" laughed the wolf
"Axel, I'd be dead without you." Leo chuckled standing up in the cart whistling to the farmer to stop
"Just be-careful, this place is full of guards"
"Oh what is this a strong hold?:
"No but theres a Queen"
"Well I'll be... hopefully I get some work." the feline said in thought as he hopped off the cart looking behind him to see his friend waveing behind him
"Good luck! Ya freaking feline! Oh and if you see the queen give her a hug for me!" he called out in a laugh
"Don't be weird boy!" Leo called out shakeing his head as he began his walk through the town walls, looking around eyeing each sign to see where he was going occasionaly catching a few of the gaurds attention as they saw a small glimpse of him. "Please tell me I didn't do anything wrong here..." he thought not feeling like leaveing.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2010, 02:12:54 PM »
The city of Khmer sprawled over a steep mountainside with an ocean of square brown buildings covered in arches across their front, and vibrant cloths of every colour draped over them for style and shade from the blazing sun. With the steep incline, buildings seemed to grow naturally from the stone, and people could easily climb up through the city and walk onto the roofs of those below, to sit, talk and admire the view. Streams of fresh water spread like veins all throughout the city, trickling down from the mountaintop, where the royal palace of Khemerin shined. Its walls burned blue, and the largest dome in the world was layered in gold. It was nicknamed the second sun, and inside, the Queen of Khemal ruled, second only to God.

Down in the streets of the lower city, Leo navigated through residential streets, where children giggled, playing soldiers in the long grass. Beyond them, were the cramped markets, surrounded by tall multi-floor buildings, draped in decoration and advertisement. People yelled their prices for fruit, vegetables, medicines and drinks, though alcohol was forbidden within the city.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 10:51:47 PM by Asia Kali Yusufzai »
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2010, 04:08:57 PM »
At either side of the queen's bedchamber door, stood the dark-clad Hestan twins. They stood perfectly silent and still, only the slightest movement of their chests hinting at life. The brother, and slightly taller of the two, looked furtively from the queen across to his sister. She met his gaze for a second, bright amber eyes glinting from behind her mask, before staring straight ahead again.

"If you ask me, Rasha could do with a break from all this... Her mother has only just died and already the weight of a kingdom is on on her shoulders..." Kha'mal whispered through the corner of his mouth, tail flicking agitatedly. Kha'lin stayed silent, holding her naked sword deftly in one cloth-wrapped paw . Her brother licked his lips, daring a quick glance across at her "Sis... Did you hear what I..."

Kha'lin flicked her tail twice, giving the faintest shake of the head as she whispered back, with much hissed emphasis "We are not helpers to the Queen, Kha'mal... Remember your duties...."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Crevan Fox

• Kuddly Kitten
  • The Neon Arctic Foxy
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: Neon Green (On feet, paws, both ears, tip of tail and stomach), White (Everywhere else). All green parts are togglable bioluminescent
  • Height: Anthro: 1.85 m; Feral: 25 cm
  • Weight: Anthro: 82 kg; Feral: 3.5 kg
  • Build: Fluffy
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2010, 05:07:15 PM »
The trip was going to be long and tedious but anything to escape the wrath of Zaldaro  ''Whats the play of action, do we take him down or escape?''

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2010, 09:51:38 PM »
"Foxy, calm down. It's going to take time to plan..." Tar-ryn went to a man who was waiting in back and gave the letter to him. "To Kingdom Khemal." She entered the tavern once more. "It's decided. You will be joining us. We will need to start figuring out the travel. Zaldaro will have guards all over." She waited for his answer.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2010, 11:17:49 PM »
Slowly, Rasha dragged her head, turning on the desk to look back at her guards. Her eyes were a calm and earthy green, but there was a solid, stern set to her face.
"I can hear you whispering," she said. "If you have something to say, then say it. Don't whisper. I have enough to worry about without secrets fluttering quite literally behind my back." She turned back to face her desk, and the paper that seemed to weigh tons in her mind and on her body.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 11:49:28 PM by Asia Kali Yusufzai »

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2010, 01:06:12 AM »
Leo soon found himself in an area surrounded by yet evenmore fliers in the same area that might as well be a unknown advertisement of fliers, almost practicaly being beaten over the head with random ads for flowers, medicens and more. "Colorful..." he thought as he looked around, stopping in his tracks so he wouldn't run over a kid who quickly passed by him. He looked around figureing he might as well add his own placeing his away from the absurd clutter of fliers so it stands out reading;

Leo Cyrule
Mercenary for Hire.
What will I do?
Bounty Bodygaurd
Watchman Lost-and-found
Deliveries Hunting
And for the ones who can't meet these I will also do
Odd Jobs
Prices Varies grately but will not destroy you finacialy, I will work with you
Signed, ~Leo Cyrule; Here for the week

After giveing a proof read he than turned around seeing a stand selling alcohol; takeing a step towards it to examine what the vender was selling only to remember something. "Alcohol is banned in public" the familiar wolfs voice rang through his head as the felines head turned to the side seeing a nearby guard eyeing him shakeing his head. Recoiling from the stand Leo scratch his head and turned around "I better not..." he thought as he kept walking glanceing back at the guard.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2010, 05:11:55 AM »
Chronin could only smile as he took the seal of command out of his jacket and held it to Tar-ryn. "You may destroy it, use me to get past check-points, or even slap me around with the seal. I serve you, and only you, Mistress Tar-ryn." It was probably because she told him that he risked death by refusing her command, but he started to like the ring of 'Mistress' to her name.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2010, 07:11:31 AM »
Kha'mal flinched, looking straight up at Rasha with a definite embarrassed  flush visible behind his dark mask. Tail flicking, he took a step away from the doorway, further into the bedchamber "I was just expressing a concern for your wellbeing Miss. The ruling of an entire kingdom, at such a crucial time in it's history, is an almighty task for one person..."

Kha'lin stepped forward, golden blade drawn in front of Kha'mal "What my brother means, is that we apologise. It was not our place to question your highness...." She looked across at her brother, amber eyes glaring impatiently...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2010, 04:59:31 PM »
Tar-ryn took the seal from him. "Rorin, ready the horses. We will leave in the morning." Tar-ryn turned and walked upstairs. Her head throbbing.

The messenger finally arrived at Queen Rasha's kingdom. He entered with caution and proceeded to her room. Her knocked softly and awaited her command. "Ma'am? There is a message for you." He cooed.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2010, 10:26:55 PM »
"No, Kha'mal is right," Rasha said. She pushed back from the desk and stood stepping over to her window. It looked out over the city and out to the river that trailed away. "It is an almighty task," she look over at them, and hardened her stare. "However, it's my task, and I will not shy from it." The messenger's knock and voice came through the door, and Rasha glanced over to it. "Kha'mal, go take that message, and also, get my stylist. I need to get to my royal duties."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2010, 10:43:17 PM »
Chronin watched as she walked upstairs, and then followed her with silent steps and shallow breathing. His personal guard showed up at the tavern since their searches came up with nothing. None of them had loyalties to the King, they were only affiliated with the King since they were close associates of Chronin. All three guards took a table and ordered their meals, keeping to themselves as they waited for Chronin to 'show up' at the tavern.