The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Warriors Shall Rise Again  (Read 28324 times)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: The Warriors Shall Rise Again
« Reply #450 on: December 27, 2010, 12:55:05 PM »
"Very well," said Rasha, still fiery with suspiscion. "Cha'gra, you can use these fellows. They are to scout and spy, then return with information for us. They are to do nothing else." She looked over to the lion and nodded her head. "Would that suffice, do you think?"
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #451 on: December 27, 2010, 09:36:43 PM »
Kha'lin nodded briefly to each of the masked figures as thy where introduced, and then stepped back to the Queen's side, sword drawn.

Cha'gra rubbed his chin thoughtfully, claws outstretched and scraping across his fur as he glanced over the men and women. Finally he crossed his arms and nodded "That will suffice, yes. If they could leave for now and find me after the meeting down at the training grounds, just past the marketplace, so that I can discuss the matter at length with them..." 

---

The sun had finally set, and darkness enveloped the valley. Shay'na sighed and leant back against the fence that surrounded the training grounds. Often she would have to wait for several hours. Palace duties came first, of course, yet she was content to wait. For she knew that he would come and see her. Just as he did every night...

• Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #452 on: December 28, 2010, 03:31:07 AM »
Tar-Ryn sighed and got up. She slowly made her way to him and hugs his arm, her head resting on his shoulder. "What is truly bothering you?"
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #453 on: December 28, 2010, 03:46:53 AM »
Chronin resisted from melting into the hug, trying to focus on the question. "Beyond the dreams of my formerly living friends rising from their graves to kill me, its what you think of me that bothers me."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #454 on: December 28, 2010, 12:38:47 PM »
"we shall be there. we are at your disposal."

the group walked into a small house, inside was  a tall bulldog in blue robes. the six told him what had happened and what was to transpire. "as it seems you may need to lay low in your travels, you have leave of your masks with the queen, her two guards and this contact for tonight. but i shall be watching you." "thank you lord senre."

the group walked to the training grounds as a group of teens playing around while waiting for cha'gra.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #455 on: December 30, 2010, 11:25:22 AM »
"Well then," said Rasha, relaxing back in her throne. "I think we all know what we're doing and I suggest we all go and do it. This meeting is adjourned, may the Goddess Shazia protect us." She sat straight, watching the lords file out of the room, until it was just her and her guards. With a sigh, out of public eye, she slouched and put her hand to her face. "What are we doing?"
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #456 on: December 30, 2010, 01:04:01 PM »
Kha'lin and Kha'mal shared a furtive glance from either side of the throne. Finally, Kha'lin spoke hesitantly "If I may say, your highness. You are dealing with this very well. I have every confidence in your choices, as hard as they may be to make." She nodded firmly and the hint of a smile was visible behind her mask.

Kha'mal took the opportunity to glance out of the palace windows and to the darkened sky. He shifted uncomfortably before asking "Your highness? I was to meet with a friend down at the training grounds this evening." He glanced again to the window and then bowed his head to Rasha "She is willing to wait. Yet, if you deem it appropriate, I would wish to keep to some etiquette and not have her wait too long..."

---

Shay'na suppressed a shiver, glancing up at the star strewn sky. He was late, as always, but she did not mind. Smiling at the thought of seeing him again, Shay'na leant back against the training grounds fence. A group of young adults where making their way towards the grounds but she paid them no attention. A cool breeze had sprung up and it ruffled her spotted fur, whisking small eddies of dust from the training grounds onto the paths either side...

---

Cha'gra walked quickly down the palace steps, agility and speed surpassing his broad shouldered image. He strode pas the palace grounds, now empty bar a few night-time gardeners, and made his way towards the training grounds.

Normally there would be no soldiers training at night today, so it was with mild surprise that he noticed a lone figure leant against the fence. He dismissed it and instead focussed on the group who where also making their way to the training grounds, the group that could be none other than the masked six. He grinned, capable spies he was sure they where...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #457 on: December 30, 2010, 04:25:32 PM »
Rasha pulled her hands down her face and looked to Kha'mal. "Don't expect me to let you out too often. I'll be needing you both more and more in the future." She sat up straight and stared at the ceiling. "I can rely on Kha'lin while you're gone." Pushing herself off the chair, she watched the young cat dart out of the room. "Kha'lin," she said, beckoning the girl to her as she walked to embrace her. "Thank you."

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #458 on: December 31, 2010, 07:44:49 PM »
Tar-Ryn sighed and continued to hug him. "You should learn to not care so much. Because you already know my feelings and thoughts about you."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #459 on: January 01, 2011, 02:41:39 AM »
Chronin's face turned somber, but there was a subtle hint of mischeviousness in his eyes as he adjusted his arms. "Would you think differently if that question was just a distraction?" He grabbed her thighs and suddenly rose up, giving her a piggy-back ride until they got to the bed. He then fell backwards with both their backs facing the bed. When Tar-Ryn completely fell on the bed, Chronin let go of her legs and then did a hand-stand on the bed. He supported his weight on one arm as his other took off his sword sheath and tossed it next to a cabinet before landing on the other side of the bed. "I was only a bit concerned how you would react if I asked for a weaponless sparring match before going to sleep..."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #460 on: January 01, 2011, 06:46:41 PM »
Kha'lin met the queen's embrace dutifully, tail swishing "It is nothing your highness. I merely try to help in whatever way I can, miss." She smiled and held tightly, head resting softly on Rasha's shoulder.

---

Kha'mal took the stairs down from the royal palace five at a time, feet flying over the marble steps until they hit sandy earth. He set off towards the training grounds at an equally fast pace, weaving past the few people who where still out at this time of night.

With a sigh, Shay'na scratched a claw back and forth against the training grounds fence. Finally a figure came into view through the dark palace grounds and she smiled. The smile was short lived however as Kha'mal neared, and by the time he had slowed to a walking pace she seemed positively furious "What are you doing?"  She spoke in sharp hissing tones, striding over to Kha'mal who stopped apprehensively "You are still wearing your uniform-" Kha'mal frowned, crossing his arms "So are you." Shay'na dismissed the comment with a wave of her hand "Yes, but neither my uniform nor my identity are supposed to be confidential." She sighed, spotted tail flicking fervently from side to side.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #461 on: January 02, 2011, 12:49:56 AM »
Rasha's smile was warm but all too breif, as she let go of the young cat. "With Kha'mal disappearing, you're pretty much all I've got, Kha'lin." She stroked the girl's hair and her smile returned, with eyes that slipped through defences. "So, your support is everything." She stepped away, and looked out the window, down to the training grounds. "It feels like I'm running out of friends."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #462 on: January 02, 2011, 12:39:38 PM »
Kha'lin frowned "I shall talk to my brother, he is acting foolishly." She stepped up behind Rasha, following her gaze down to the training grounds. She made as if to to speak again, but instead her ear flicked back towards the double doors. She frowned "I believe someone is waiting outside in the corridor. One of the Lords?" Her frown deepened and she placed one wary hand to the hilt of her sword "Or perhaps just a servant. Should I check all the same, miss?"

----

From the city North Gate came the clear ringing of the hourly bell, and the closing of the gates to travellers.  Shay'na glanced up at the sound, and then back to Kha'mal "It was stupid of you to come in your uniform. I do not mind waiting another ten minutes, if it means that your reputation, and worse, the Queens reputation are kept safe."

She held up a hand as he started to speak "No. We both knew this from the very beginning. Our jobs are more important than this relationship Kha'mal, yet I seem to be the only one who realises this." With a sigh she drew him into a close embrace "Promise me that you will consider this." Kha'mal held her tight, arms around her shoulders as he sighed in return "Of course."

-----

Cha'gra waited at the edge of the training grounds. He leant against the wooden fence, waiting for the group of spies, flexing his shoulders. A glance across the training grounds to the opposite side yielded a clear view of two figures, at least one of which he recognised from not less than an hour ago up at the palace. He frowned and turned away. The pair deserved some privacy at least, despite the circumstances.

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #463 on: January 04, 2011, 05:45:41 AM »
Tar-Ryn smiled and then yawned. "I'm thinking perhaps tomorrow." She curled up. Sorin gently knocked on the door and entered. He sat down on the floor opposite of the bed.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #464 on: January 09, 2011, 11:52:50 PM »
Chronin started to tense up when Sorin sat down across from the bed. "I assume you have something to say?"