The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Warriors Shall Rise Again  (Read 28321 times)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: The Warriors Shall Rise Again
« Reply #465 on: January 14, 2011, 07:07:29 PM »
Rasha glanced back to Kha'lin, then stepped back, away from the door.
"Go right ahead," she said. Her voice was calm, but her expression cold and she searched with her eyes about the room.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #466 on: January 14, 2011, 08:41:59 PM »
Kha'lin pulled open the door, sword drawn at her side. Just inside the threshold of the door, one fist raised to knock, stood the lynx lord. He lowered his hand awkwardly and nodded a quick bow "Very sorry your highness, I should have made my presence known earlier."

ha'lin glared briefly before turning back to Rasha "Do you wish to talk with him miss?" The lynx took a slight step into the room, one hand raised "Ah, actually your highness... I was rather hoping to speak with your guard. I do hope this is not causing an inconvenience." Kha'lin flew a seething look back to him but held her tongue...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #467 on: January 14, 2011, 09:58:17 PM »
Rasha clacked her beak, and sighed a little. "Whatever must be said, shall be said in front of me. My guard will not leave my side." She climbed back onto her throne and gave Kha'lin a nod.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #468 on: January 15, 2011, 07:44:33 AM »
Sorin silently shook his head. His eyes shut quickly and he was off to sleep once again. Tar-Ryn rolled over, slowly nodding off then coming back to the real world after quickly glimpsing to the depths of her mind.
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #469 on: January 15, 2011, 02:42:23 PM »
"are you waiting for someone, or are you just standing there to guard this fine fence?" joked a young male tiger of no older than 19. he walked over calmly and sat on the fence. "we've been waiting for you, our lord has given us permition to walk freely around you so as not to attract attention." a female wolf walked up behind cha'gra and sat down next to his quietly. "you are truly privileged you know. by being aloud to walk freely with you, someone who knows of our bonds, you have not just gained us for this one mission. we are now your to do with as you see fit."

“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #470 on: January 15, 2011, 04:16:09 PM »
Cha'gra looked up as the group neared, his fierce eyes moving from one face to the next as the slightest twitch of a grin caught at his lips "Obviously I am naive of my privileges... Nevertheless I am honoured to have you. That is, so long as you remain loyal..."

The grin vanished, wiped away as he gripped the fence with serrated claws "The queen requested spies, and while we of Khemal may have fine soldiers and archers, we rather lack those of a deceitful nature... Perhaps there is somewhere we could talk about this in private." He released his grip on the fence and took two steps towards the many tents that made up the army barracks "Come... I do not wish to discuss these matters in the open..."

-----

The lynx bowed his head again "Thank you, your highness... Obviously I shall try to be brief." He turned to Kha'lin, surreptitiously smoothing out his robes with nervous hands "I- Well, If I am honest I do not know how this would normally work with a member of the Hes'tan family. If I offend either you or your traditions, I assure you it is simply out of naivety. But it is my intention to invite you to take a walk with me sometime... The hanging gardens are beautiful during the summer, and it is a shame to enjoy them alone."

Kha'lin studied him carefully and flicked her braids back "I am not offended. At least not in the proposal itself. But I have yet to even know your name..." THe lynx smiled, albeit cautiously, and nodded  "Of course. I am sorry, I should have introduced myself. Lauri Venhettan. Son of the recent Jermai Venhettan, a long-standing merchant in the royal court. And I simply ask of a short walk, some time to talk, nothing more miss Hes'tan." Kha'lin glanced over to Rasha, apprehension flitting through her expression as beneath the mask she chewed her lip.

• Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #471 on: January 16, 2011, 04:29:48 AM »
Chronin pursed his lips in awkwardness as everyone was asleep as he was still wide-awake. He decided to follow suit and took off the bulkiest parts of his clothes before joining Tar-Ryn on the bed and in sleep.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #472 on: January 17, 2011, 01:17:00 AM »
"loyal? you are now the third most power full man to us." "you are only outranked by our lord and our father." "and for ether of them to betray you they would need the blessing of at least two of the other four leaders of the rebelion." sabre, Luna and Phoenix said as the group followed Cha'gra towards the tents.

"with all due respect i have to ask that you inform me on any plans you make." "fang knows our strengths and weaknesses better than even we do sometimes. and no pressure but if you use one of us wrong......you could kill us all......no pressure." talon smiled cheerfully "yea, fang is in line to be one of the twelve lords. us on the other hand are all in line to be masters of squads like fang." smiled spike hapily standing on the other side of Cha'gra.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #473 on: January 28, 2011, 02:43:03 AM »
Tar-Ryn woke up in sweat. Her heart racing and lungs ready to explode. She got up, chronin still sleeping. A reoccuring nightmare haunting her mind. She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. Hey feet padded against the floor as she went to the other room and retrieved a drink. She shut her eyes and leaned her head back.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #474 on: January 28, 2011, 02:46:05 AM »
Chronin popped one eye open as Tar-Ryn walked out, then closed it as she walked back in. As she laid her head back, he opened his eye again. Feel like sharing the dream?
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #475 on: January 28, 2011, 02:49:12 AM »
Tar-Ryn opened her eyes once more. I'm sure you know this nightmare. Death.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #476 on: January 28, 2011, 02:52:35 AM »
Well, if its two minds, the nightmare for you could stop since I might be able to control what my person does, or I could just 'show up' when it gets really bad.

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #477 on: January 28, 2011, 02:54:14 AM »
it's not so much as what's going on but what has already happened. The death. she leaned into him and laid back down.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #478 on: January 28, 2011, 02:58:45 AM »
Whos death are you talking about? You weren't there when I... you know... Chronin calmly looked at her, even though his 'voice' sounded worried.

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #479 on: January 28, 2011, 11:30:54 PM »
I don't have to witness it to imagine it Chronin... Tar-Ryn's eyes closed. Her breathing began to slow; She had drifted off slowly.