The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Warriors Shall Rise Again  (Read 28320 times)

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
Re: The Warriors Shall Rise Again
« Reply #480 on: January 29, 2011, 02:41:46 PM »
duraco slowly dragged his feet as he walked through the empty forest, the slow scraping of his feet and the labour of his breath the only two sounds to be heard. "trudging, why must it come down to trudging?!" he kept walking slowly for another three miles, by this time in hysterics due to lack of sleep. "your going crazy. i am not! your the one going crazy. how dare you! how dare i? how dare you? I'll drown you in a mud puddle for this! I'd like to see you try!" he suddenly tripped, slidding down a small cliff and landing in a large shallow pool of mud with a loud splash and thud, he made a low gurgling sound blowing small bubbles in the mud as two men in red uniforms walked over shaking their fur covered heads.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #481 on: January 30, 2011, 12:32:36 AM »
Rasha folded her wings, and looked the lynx boy over.
"No." She glanced to Kha'lin. "She is a guard of the highest order, and I need her, or someone just as capable and trustworthy to be with me at all times." Her expression grew stern, and she looked into Kha'lin's eyes with such force, as though the a look pin the girl to the floor. "If you'd have asked earlier, when I had guards to spare, maybe you would have had a chance."
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #482 on: January 30, 2011, 01:57:08 AM »
Okay... I'll just back off then. Good night... He went to sleep, and his occasional snoring breaks the silence of the room.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #483 on: January 30, 2011, 12:28:43 PM »
Nodding, Cha'gra opened the flap to the nearest tent and lead the group in. Inside a single lantern flickered on a wooden table, hawks stood on perches all around, large and small, dark feathered and light. Beady amber eyes watched the group silently. Cha'gra turned to face the men and women "The queen is beset upon by spies of Zaldaro. You are going to return the favour... We needs numbers of men, positions of armies, names of generals. Everything... Whether you work alone, in groups, that is up to you."

He turned to the nearest hawk, coaxing it off the perch and onto his arm "Each one of you will be supplied with a messenger hawk. These will followed you at a safe distance, and when you have the information a message can be tied to their leg and they will fly back to here... Do you have any questions?"

-----

Kha'lin resisted for a moment, and then slumped her shoulders in defeat. She turned to Lauri "Duty always come first Mr Venhettan..." He nodded and the smallest of sighs escaped his lips "Of course your highness, It was never my intention to take guards away from their duties. I thank you for your time all the same."

Bowing once more he walked out, door held open behind him by Kha'lin. Kha'mal entered as Lauri left, nodding briefly to the lynx as he passed and sidling past Kha'lin. He shot her a curious glance, but said no more. The door closed with a click and she turned back to face Rasha... 
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #484 on: January 30, 2011, 10:32:45 PM »
"are you coming with us?" talon asked standing next to Phoenix, both playing and cooing to the birds. "it's a bird thing..." Luna sighed watching the two now sitting in front of all the birds cooing quietly as is singing. "looks like we might be able to use some some aerial surveillance here. we should be done within a week or two. I'll pull in another squad or two if need be. are we permitted to use lethal force as long as it's not detected?" fang asked looking through a small pouch.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #485 on: February 01, 2011, 02:18:20 AM »
The queen threw on a smile, and turned to Kha'mal.
"How was your friend?" she asked, with the softest voice, and softer eyes.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #486 on: February 01, 2011, 03:00:04 AM »
Tar-Ryn woke up once more, making sure that when she got up, no one woke to follow her. Duraco was on her mind and she needed answers. He's so familiar yet so much a stranger to me. She opened and closed the door without a sound. She walked about the courtyard. She kicked a rock along the way.
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #487 on: February 01, 2011, 11:14:54 PM »
Kha'mal nodded, the hint of a smile twitching in the corner of his mouth "Most amiable your highness. I thank you for the time you gave for us to meet." Kha'lin glanced over at her brother, a venomous glare flaring in her amber eyes and cold envious waves churning in her stomach. Bowing her head slightly she closed her eyes and broke the stare. She sighed and pushed the feeling aside, noting it only briefly and with apprehensive caution.

---

Cha'gra shook his head "I will not be coming with you, I am needed here to help rally the troops and prepare the army... As far as lethal force goes..." He grinned, large canine teeth glinting in the lantern light "Lethal force is granted, and if the case need be, preferable. Assassination attempts should be made carefully, I am trusting in your own ability to decide on it yourselves..."

Letting the hawk climb back onto its perch Cha'gra folded his arms "If that is all, then you must get ready... There is no time to waste, you leave at dawn..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #488 on: February 02, 2011, 12:21:10 AM »
Rasha's smile was soft and slight, whispering on her face.
"Well that's good," she said. "Though you can't spend too much time away. Kha'lin cannot always pick up your slack." She moved over to the girl, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Everyone has their limits, and we do not yet know where your sister's are." She paused, sighed, stepped over to the table, and leant against a chair, looking out through the main window across the mountains behind the palace. "Kha'mal, it's about time we ate, don't you think? Go get us all some food."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #489 on: February 02, 2011, 04:48:51 PM »
Nodding again, Kha'mal looked to his sister, two pairs of amber eyes meeting before she pulled away again. He shifted uncomfortably on the spot "Of course..." With one last glance to Kha'lin he walked out of the room, closing the door quietly behind him with a click. Once he had gone Kha'lin took a small step backwards, giving the room a quick glance over. Her ear flicked twice as she listened to Kha'mal walking away down the hall, eyes hovering over the door for a moment longer than truly necessary.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #490 on: February 02, 2011, 08:03:53 PM »
"we understand. we shall go and make our preparations." the six quickly vanished one by one, all heading in different directions. the six members dashed around town as nothing more then black blurs, stopping and starting unnoticed in the night.

"shin, get your squad, I'm calling in an assist from you and jenka. we leave in an hour." fang said standing over a seemingly homeless fox sitting in a backally behind a bar. the fox smirked slowly pulling out a mask. the two dissapeared, leaving no trace of their existence.

"jenka, get your squad." fang called to a shop keeper, who lazily looked up from his flowers. "we have a mission." called shin with a french accent. "ven do ve leave?" smirked the shop keeper pulling a mask out from behind a large potted tree.

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #491 on: February 04, 2011, 03:32:25 AM »
Tar-Ryn continued to walk about the castle grounds. The cool autumn night breeze rushed through her hair.
Animals are my passion and my career!!

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #492 on: February 05, 2011, 08:50:09 PM »
Rasha glanced back at the door, then to Kha'lin. "Don't be mad at him," she said, and folded her arms. "I'm the one who's making you stay. You know I need at least one of you to guard me."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #493 on: February 06, 2011, 01:19:06 PM »
Kha'lin started, and then sighed "He is my brother, I am not mad at him. We always cared for each other and now is no different." She ran her thumb across the pommel of her sword and sighed again "Even though there where mere minutes between our births, I am sure we both agree I am much the older sibling. Perhaps it is better this way... Though i do admit that I would have hoped he should leave his childish ways behind sooner..."

The door opened again, and this time Kha'mal was accompanied by two servants, young felines bearing trays of food and courteous smiles. The trays where set down at the table and the two servants bobbed perfect curtsey's before walking silently out again. Kha'lin met eyes with her brother, and this time she managed to smile."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #494 on: February 08, 2011, 02:17:07 AM »
Chronin woke up to find Tar-Ryn gone, but didn't really think much on it since he knew she was a bit more capable at escaping danger than he would ever be capable of. I wonder if they have any good drinks here...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel