The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Warriors Shall Rise Again  (Read 28315 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: The Warriors Shall Rise Again
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2010, 11:23:23 PM »
Kha'mal nodded obediently, turning and walking swiftly to the door. He opened it deftly, staring into the messenger's eyes from behind his mask "Her highness is very busy at current, please, if you could be quick..."

Kha'lin watched as her brother went, only the slightest stiffening of her back to show any annoyance. As Kha'mal took the message, Kha'lin placed the tip of her golden blade against the palace floor. She held the long, curved sword by it's leather-bound handle at waist height, as she watched Rasha intently with a quiet patience...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2010, 12:11:19 AM »
Rasha moved to her walk-in wardrobe, pulling out different dresses, scarves, tops, luxuriant harem pants, head dresses, and a sea of diamonds and jewels, laying them out on the bed, for the stylist to advise on. She glanced over to Kha'lin. She glanced over at Kha'lin, as the door closed and Kha'mal headed off.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2010, 02:01:36 AM »
Leo eventually climbed up onto the city roofs looking over the spectacular view, in the midst only to give it a shrug before hopping across the street onto the next roof top and walking across to find a place to get a drink, taking a glance downward every-now and then to find a place that sparked his intrist
"Bunny hops.... sounds very... yeesh" he said recoiling at the thought moving on seeing another one
"Barnyard....eh.... Blue-moon tavern.... that'll have to do" he thought hopping down from the roof landing on a barrel breaking it before quickly walking off into the tavern without looking around to avoid attention
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2010, 10:29:41 AM »
Kha'lin met the queen's gaze, amber eyes watching silently from behind her dark face mask. She let out the briefest of sighs, straightening her own robes of dark red cotton. They where tight-fitting to allow ease of movement, but thin and breathable. With much of her upper arms, legs and stomach bare, showing her striped fur pattern. The guards of Hestan never wore armour, instead relying on finely honed reflexes and sworn loyalty to protect the royal family.

Kha'lin always kept one hand tight around the hilt of her gold-bladed Falcata. The sword was a beaten bronze colour, twined with thin strands of silver. Finally she placed both hands at the hilt again, returning to her stance like a coiled spring.

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2010, 01:58:36 PM »
"Is there something wrong, Kha'lin?" Rashe walked over to her personal guard, hands on her hips, watching Kha'lin's rigid expression. "Is something bothering you?
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2010, 02:10:39 PM »
Kha'lin made a move as if to shake her head, but stopped. Her shoulders sagged and the expression behind her mask smoothed "It is nothing of vital importance Miss... An annoyance at best..." She looked down at the sword held tightly in her grip, and then back up at Rasha "I lost my mothers necklace, at the market yesterday... I held it very dearly, for a great number of years since her death..." Kha'lin gave a small shrugging motion, the slightest hint of a sad smile, concealed behind the red cotton of her mask "Like I said your Highness. Nothing of great importance..."

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2010, 09:08:44 PM »
"Kha'lin." Rasha's voice was sweet and mellifluous, with a expression glowing with calm kindness. "Who do you think you're talking to? Even if you weren't my friend, I would at least try to help." She walked forward, opening her arms and taking Kha'lin in an embrace. "I'll get some city guards asking and searching. Don't worry."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2010, 09:22:20 PM »
Kha'lin stiffened momentarily, as Rasha embraced her. She relaxed again, taking care not to catch her blade on the queen's clothing "You're very kind Miss... Thank you..." Behind the deep red cloth, Kha'lin smiled, amber eyes glinting. She stepped out of the embraced, moving the long Falcata blade to behind her back as she did so "We have known each other several years now. I would say the only person I know better is my brother... And yet I still adhere strictly to the codes of conduct..."

Kha'lin lost her smile, looking back down at the tiled palace floor "I am not sure whether to feel proud, or saddened by that." She looked back up, meeting Rasha's gaze "I know it... Prudent of me to ask... Perhaps I shouldnt. But next week I come of age Miss. And while the life of a Hestan guard does not make friendship easy, should I not have met others? A man, perhaps..." Kha'lin stared back down at the floor, a deep red flush rising up her cheeks to match the colour of her clothes and mask...

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2010, 09:37:21 PM »
"Next week? So soon?" Rasha stepped back, looking up and down Kha'lin. "I guess I still see you as that little kid who was brought into my family." She sighed, and her eyes seemed to fade into nostalgia. "I must have been your age back then... probably older, and yet I'm still alone." She looked almost lost, but soon returned with the shake of her head. The black feathers on her head sprung up, almost radiating a conscious smile. "You are probably right. Every woman needs companionship, but I think your parents would have been proud of the devotion you have shown to your duties." She took Kha'lin's hand and stroked it in hers. "If you wish, I shall gather suitors for you to choose from. I am sure you will be very popular."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2010, 10:02:42 PM »
"And I still see you as the sister I never had... Your highness." Kha'lin's embarrassed blush diminished, only to be replaced by an even deeper red flush "I am not sure what you mean though Miss, surely someone would be interested in an altogether more... Normal, person..."
She met Rasha's gaze uncertainly, long striped tail flicking through the air behind her "By which I mean, I cannot even show my face when working. And the Hestan have always led a somewhat, secretive life..."
 Kha'lin sighed, twisting her grip on the sword hilt distractedly "But I thank you very much all the same your highness... You've always cared well for me, which is a thing I can only repay through my loyalty..."

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2010, 10:16:22 PM »
"You need to have more faith in yourself," Rasha said. "And when they come, you will talk to them and show them how interesting and wonderful you are." She looked deep into Kha'lin's eyes, fixing her with the earthy green of her own. "Trust me, you'll find someone." She smiled and broke the stare, letting out an airy and elegant laugh. "And if the impossible happens, and you find no-one to suit you, we can always grow old together."

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2010, 12:46:22 AM »
The messenger handed Kha'mal the letter. "General Tar-ryn sends this message." He bows and with that, leaves.

Tar-ryn sighed and turned. "Yes?"
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2010, 12:52:09 AM »
Chronin actually showed shyness when she spun around, and looked down the stairs as he scratched his chin. "Um, I didn't plan for our 'reunion' to end up like this. I actually expected a more violent welcome since..." His voice trailed off as his cold demeanor was completely gone, along with most of his figurative back-bone.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2010, 12:55:11 AM »
She looked at the floor. "There is only so much hate one person can show. My hatred is more so towards Zaldaro and the thought that I wasn't able to prevent such a loss." She walked up to him and put her hand on his shoulder. "I really only blamed myself." She turned and started to walk away once more.
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2010, 01:30:56 AM »
Chronin still followed her, and had caught her in a hug that held her arms in place. "You remember this, right? This was how you left me behind for the rebellion." He slowly turned her around and had a small smirk as he looked her in the eyes. "As your servant, I will never leave your side. As your soldier, I will be your sword and shield. As your closest, you need not hide your pain..."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel