The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Warriors Shall Rise Again  (Read 28322 times)

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
Re: The Warriors Shall Rise Again
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2010, 01:46:56 AM »
Tar-ryn looked at him. "Times have changed Chronin. I'm sorry. But pain shows weakness. Zaldaro prays on weakness." She looked away and tried to break free of his hold.
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2010, 03:38:55 PM »
Kha'mal took the letter, bowing slightly in return, but keeping a stern eye on the messenger as he left. Frowning, he walked down the marble-tiled palace corridors, running a thumb over the letter. It was made of thick parchment and sealed with a wax crest...

Kha'lin sighed and nodded, a bemused smile hidden behind her mask "Thank you miss... Though if I am not mistaken my brother is at the door with your stylist..." She turned her head, looking across at the door as Kha'mal opened it. She smirked behind her mask, long lynx ears flicking happily.

• Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2010, 04:05:12 PM »
"Okay, 'you need not hide your pain from me'; sorry for not being specific." He let go of her and crossed his arms in exaggerated frustration as she walked off. After she went to her room, he meditated on his current situation until he finally realized something:"Wait, where am I going to sleep!?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2010, 04:59:22 PM »
Rasha raised her eyebrows, always impressed by the ability of her guards. She took the message from Kha'mal and opened it. Her eyes flicked over the words, and then she stopped. She read it again to be sure.
"Oh dear," she said. "I'm going to have to think about this." She handed the message back to Kha'mal. "Keep this safe and hidden from everyone." Behind her guard, Fazila, th stylist walked in. She was a small mouse and her clothes were modest but had flickers of colours which lit up her body. She took Rasha's hand and brought her to the centre of the room, asking questions of style an mood ideas. based on that, she chose from the clothes that were layed on the bed. Kha'mal was locked out of the room and Rasha started changing into a strong golden flare of clothes. A dress, a waistcoat, extra feathers to adorn her head and jewels that hugged her chest and down her forearms.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2010, 05:33:34 PM »
Kha'lin watched, as Rasha finished adjusting the myriad of jewellery and fine silks. She smiled, amber eyes shining and long striped tail flicking "Beautiful as ever, if I may say so Miss..." Her smile faltered, and though it wasn't visible past her red face-mask, it was clear in her eyes. She put one hand to her own chest, running a thumb and finger over the area where her necklace normally hung, nestled in the thick fur.

Outside in the corridor, Kha'mal spun his Falcata in lazy circles through the air. It was the twin to Kha'lin's own blade, just as he himself was to her. As he spun it through a few simple sword-feats the blade sang, beaten gold humming as its sliced through the air. --- A royal servant walked past, carrying a stack of clean clothing, and Kha'mal was still again, back to a silent guardian in the blink of an eye...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Crevan Fox

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • The Neon Arctic Foxy
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: Neon Green (On feet, paws, both ears, tip of tail and stomach), White (Everywhere else). All green parts are togglable bioluminescent
  • Height: Anthro: 1.85 m; Feral: 25 cm
  • Weight: Anthro: 82 kg; Feral: 3.5 kg
  • Build: Fluffy
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2010, 06:46:27 PM »
(I will just tell you now guys i cant post here for a few days ok, I will be back soon  ;) )

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2010, 07:10:35 PM »
Tar-ryn moved to her bed with a fluid movement. Her eyes looked around her room cautiously. Rorin walked in moments after she layed on her bed. "Everything is ready for tomorrow." He sat on the bed with her and pulled her into his lap. "You need to learn to relax." Tar-ryn only smiled. "I know." Rorin smiled as well. "I put Chronin in my room, so do you mind if i bunk with you?" Tar-ryn nodded and sighed. "We'll have to wait for Queen Rasha's response before we leave."
Animals are my passion and my career!!

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2010, 10:09:01 PM »
Once ready, Rasha opened the door, and spoke to both her guards.
"Come on, let's get to the main hall. I need to settle some disputes." She looked over to Kha'lin. "While we're there, you can talk to one of the guards, tell him where to look for your necklace." Rasha was distracted, watching with empty eyes as the message bounced in her mind. To accept the plea for sanctuary could bring Zaldaro's army crashing down onto her country, but they would also be powerful defensive assets, if she can keep them secret. She ran her fingers across the other hand, scratching the floor with her talons in annoyance. She shook her head and headed off to the main hall. She had to focus.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2010, 10:19:09 PM »
Kha'lin nodded to Rasha, holding the door open as she walked through, and closing it behind her. She and Kha'mal stepped into line just behind her, dark red and black clothed figures flanking the elegant queen. They both held sword, blades naked and drawn, and both walked with the acute sense of someone ready to spring or leap into action, while remaining quiet and collected.

Kha'mal whispered hoarsely to Kha'lin,glancing across at her chest and the place where her necklace had once hung "You did not tell me that you had lost our mothers necklace... I told you those floozy merchants had nimble fingers!"
 Kha'lin hissed, tail flicking "How dare you! I should have you know I lost it at the public baths... No slimy merchant would get their hands on it without me knowing..." She looked away from her brother, stopping to open an intricately carved doorway for Rasha, without breaking stride...

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2010, 10:31:13 PM »
The great hall opened in front of them. A vast room built in wide arches and geometric patterns, blazing in blue. Gold writing spread over it all. Ancient religious scriptures, and recent historical events documented over the vast walls, stopping only for enormous glass windows, letting light stream down onto the queen, as she moved to her throne and the front of the hall and sat down. Before her stood a sea of royals guards, politicians, lords and civilians. But in the centre, on a long stretch of marble stood two small figures, staring up in awe. Beside Rasha, a man in elegant black robes with a blue trim, stood up with a piece of parchment in his hands.
"Item one of the first day of Shaddan of the year fourteen sixty five, of the Shazaiah Calendar. Inherited land disputed between Hinum Barsha and Hanam Barsha. May the goddess Shazia bless us." The details of the case were told by the two brothers, and Rasha leaned on the side of Hinum, but often she would stare across the room, out through a window to the sky.

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2010, 10:55:01 PM »
Leo sat down inside the bar ordering a glass of tea before asking the bartender something, obviously hopeing this town isn't as at peace as it seems to get some kind of work, even if it was the worse pay to start with.
"Excuse me barkeep! Do you know of anyone who's looking to hire?" Leo asked not even sounding desperate but rather casual and uninterested figuring that this town has no crime, wars, hatred or anything.
"Well, you can always walk to the castle and ask, you do look like a swordsman how bout joining there ranks?"
Flicking his ear a bit he could only groan and place his head on the counter "I doubt that I would get a friendly welcoming, especially if anyone remembers me from... other times"
"You may never know sir, just drop bye, if it gets bad oh well, not like you got anything special am I right" the bartender lauged.
"Just.... never mind" he said shaking his head at the harsh joke before standing up leaving, heading to the castle, the bartender was right he had absolutely nothing to lose but a life, only this and nothing more.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2010, 04:04:29 PM »
Kha'mal and Kha'lin stood either side of the Queen's throne, red-robed guardians at her side. Neither moved as the case unfolded, amber eyes watching the crowd with a mixture of suspicion and uninterest. Kha'lin glanced sidelong at Rasha, noticing her staring out of the great glass window, blue sky beyond. She glanced back to Kha'mal, thinking of the letter... There where some things Kha'lin did not know about the Queen, despite their closeness, and that letter was one of them...

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2010, 04:27:54 PM »
eventually the parade of troubled citizens ended, and Rasha stood with her lords and generals, heading back through the palace to the war room. As they walked , Rasha leaned close to one of the lords, a fox in a turban. She whispered to him, and he nodded in grateful reply. The war room opened to them, showing a wide table, covered in a map of the known world. Everyone stood around, with the queen sitting in the only chair. Around them were paintings of the aftermath of war. A window into death and a reminder of the cost of aggression.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2010, 05:28:13 PM »
Again Rasha was flanked by her guards, striped fur and amber eyes identical. Even the way they both stood, straight backed and proud was the same. Kha'lin watched the generals, holding her golden sword at one side, tip of the blade touching the marble floor. She looked between each general, studying them carefully. Even though they where some of the Queens most trusted men, everyone had to be labelled a potential threat...

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2010, 08:04:49 PM »
The lords started first, pledging forces to join the queens own ranks if a war was ever to arise. Such a situation became more likely every day. No matter how great an army they could muster, Zaldaro would be three times the strength and size, and his technology was unmatched. The largest swords, the most powerful bows, the latest training and the greatest tactics. Rasha scracted her beak, but underneath, she wanted to claw her face. Scouts reported Zaldaro's continuing conquest of Trejan lands, a neighbour of Khemal. They would be next. It only made sense.
"Send another diplomat. See if we can increase those trade ties," she said. The order was noted down, but they all knew it would come to nothing. The trade would halt and the armies would come. They needed help, and some generals suggest neighbours allies, and even enemies they could make uneasy truces with. The problem was, those who hadn't already been fighting Zaldaro, barely had a force to provide. The room seemed fit for a funeral, with the corpse of the country laid on the table. Rasha imagined herself there, and her generals and lords spread across the floor. The flies would bounce against the windows. The meeting ended, and she headed for her room.