The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Gifted  (Read 25415 times)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Re: The Gifted
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2010, 10:06:34 PM »
Walter noticed that Alex's attention snapped up at Kitt who'd just entered the room. Walter whipped around at look at him. "Oh, good morning, Kitt." He said, with a forced smile. He was a little irritated that Alex had been interrupted. "Ja, the coffee's yours." He said, sliding it away from Alex to Kitt. "Sorry..." Walter mouthed to Alex. The ghost only smiled.

Walter sat quietly as he sipped from his mug. "What do you want for breakfast?" Walter asked, getting up and going over to the fridge and looking inside.

"You're out of eggs." Alex said to Walter.

"What the hell do you mean I'm out of eggs!? I got some yesterday!" Walter retorted.

Alex shrugged, reaching over the table and sliding Walter's coffee over to his side before taking a sip and lighting another cigarette. Walter froze and pressed his hands against his head as his mug seemed to slide itself across the table. He threw glances at Kitt, hoping he hadn't noticed.  

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2010, 10:20:22 PM »
Kitt grinned and took the coffee, holding it between his hands as if soaking up its warmth, before drinking several large gulps. He glanced up at Walter as he shouted, but said nothing, instead just watching him with a curious stare.

Looking back down to his mug he was just in time to miss the self-propelled mug, and instead was rewarded with a quite mundane table, and of course the invisible ghost "I could go get something from the shops?" He glanced back up again, seemingly oblivious to Walter's frozen horror "Least I can do for your generous hospitality..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic short haired cat
  • Coloring: snow white fur, slightly wavy white hair, emerald green eyes
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 125 Lb
  • Build: athletic, slender, agile
  • Currently: Attending college like a boss
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2010, 10:23:56 PM »
Emily crossed the street. and into the store, she looked around. so many people...she groaned as she walked over to the dairy aisle. grabbing whole milk, half and half for coffee and the clam chowder. she saw ice cream, smiling she grabbed a small quart of it. she began to realize she was going to get more than just Bacon, eggs and milk....

I am not making any more RP's. I may join one but right now, I have no patients to create RP's anymore.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2010, 10:36:05 PM »
Walter thought for a moment. "YES! That would be great, Kitt. I'll give ya some cash." He pulled out his wallet and handed Kitt an unknown sum of money. "You can head over to Higgin's down the street." Walter hoped he could get Kitt out of the house for a few minutes to give him time to listen to Alex and get rid of him too. "Actually..." He reached back into his wallet and pulled out a crumpled peice of paper. "Here's a list I meant to finish. I've crossed off the things I have...except the eggs, even though those are crossed off...Hehehehe. If you could grab me those things on there, I'd be grateful." He handed Kitt the crumpled paper with illegible chicken scratched words. Alex continued to look between the two, a grin plastered on his face.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »
Kitt took the wad of cash, thought about telling him there was more than eighty dollars there, then thought better of it and then took the list as well. He nodded and stood up "Sure... Thank you, by the way. You dont know what it means to have somebody let you stay a night..." And with that he shouldered his bag and walked out, closing the front door behind him as he walked out onto the pavement.

It was sunny, warm but with a sharp breeze that was blowing from the north, eighty degrees latitude and fifty-five point strength. Kitt noted this in the small time it took to step onto the concrete sidewalk. He knew the shop, Higgins, after having slept in its entrance the first night he was in New York. He walked quickly, pulling his jacket in against the cold wind as he walked in to the store.

There where a lot of people shopping this morning, and most gave him the usual stare of mild disgust. He ignored them, instead pulling out the list Walter had given him and trying to decipher what it said "Eggs... Cereal....... Milk?" He turned the list upside down, just to make sure, but it was still almost unreadable. He shrugged and turned to the dairy aisle to get the milk and eggs first...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2010, 10:52:06 PM »
"Egg.." Emily said to herself, she pulled down some grade A eggs. opening the carton to see if they were good, nothing was wrong. gently she put them in her basket. suddenly a tingling sensation made her stand still. it was the same feeling she got when she met Seth... blinking she looked around.

I am not making any more RP's. I may join one but right now, I have no patients to create RP's anymore.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2010, 10:57:21 PM »
Kitt had picked up a full litre of milk, box of cereal and several other items and was now trying to add a carton of eggs to the precarious pile. He was starting to wish that he had picked up a shopping basket. But then again, the only times he had ever gone 'shopping' he had only needed quick hands and a rucksack "Do riti!" He swore loudly, slavic accent thick and harsh. The people nearest him gave him odd looks and moved hastily to other aisles...

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2010, 11:03:14 PM »
seeing the boy having trouble with his groceries, she quickly grabbed a basket, lending him a helpful hand. "here, your gonna need this" she smiled at him

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2010, 11:09:11 PM »
Once Kitt was gone, Walter poured himself a new cup of coffee and sat back down at the table. "What sort of danger are we talking here?" He asked Alex. Alex took a drag from his cigarette and looked at him.

"They're after you, Walt."
"Who?"
"I don't know but they're after you and Kitt and the others and they want to use you guys."
"What do you mean you don't know who? What others!? Why me and Kitt!?"
"I DON'T KNOW! There's been talk, okay? Us dead people know eachother. Now I may be old fashioned but I know an evil plot when I hear one."
"Well...How much time do I have?"
Alex took another sip of coffee, "Very little, they're coming to New York as we speak. Now I don't know exactly what they want with you and the others but all I know is that it ain't good for any of us."
"Why are you telling me this, Alex?"
There was another smile from the ghost. "Because...You're my roommate and you ain't exactly the same type of Kraut I knew back in '44. You ain't bad."
"...Thanks." Walter said sarcastically. "What should I do?"

Alex leaned forward before he answered. "Run."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2010, 11:11:05 PM »
"Uhhh...." Kitt dropped the stuff into the basket and rubbed the back of his neck bashfully "Thanks I... Yeah...." He scuffed his boot against the floor and drew the faded military jacket closer around himself "Should've got a basket in the first place I guess..." Still looking anywhere but at Emrelda he fingered the dogtags that hung around his neck. He was so unused to people actually helping him that he was unsure what to say. Walter had pretty much been the first person to even let him in their house, and now this?

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2010, 11:17:39 PM »
"You right I will" Seth said as he jumped out of Jeffery. He headed over to the store he saw Emily go into, he saw her helping some homeless looking boy, he knew what it was like, so he was far from judging. He walked over to them
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2010, 11:22:46 PM »
she smiled at Kitt (btw in this one my name is Emily lol) noticing Seth, she smiled "hey there!" turning back to Kitt, she couldn't help but find it cute when he looked bashfully.

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2010, 11:22:59 PM »
(so when will the evil people come looking for me)
Chuck followed Emily in the store, accompanying her and taking some of the groceries, ignoring people's looks of terror and crying children. Seeing Emily help a young slavic lad in military jacket he went over, bags still in hand, hoping to say hello.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2010, 11:28:03 PM »
"Hi-" Seth noticed the boy that tailed emily, he thought that he should leave, he didn't like him, he was only around them to hurt him, a small breeze passed through the store. 'That's odd, we aren't near the door, so why would there be a breeze' Seth thought to him self. It wasn't like this to act so sour, he thought that he will just take it for a while. "Hey I talked to the earth this morning" he said, not being the best conversation starter, he though it be best to just go out right and say it.
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2010, 11:35:12 PM »
(soon, very soon)
"Talking to Earth This morning?" Emily cocked her head, listening, she looked back at Chuck, wanting him to come closer. but knowing Seth, he was still scared of him. " well, tell me in a bit, I don't have my notebook on me" she said, suddenly realizing, sighing sadly, she really wanted to know. "Oh! Seth, this is Chuck!"  she leaned in "don't worry, he is not that bad, he wont touch you." smiling back at him. people looked at her as if she was crazy. she was used to it. she turned to Chuck "Do you like Clam Chowder?"