The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Counter-Factuals  (Read 998 times)

Offline Halfeb

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Dingo
  • Coloring: Orange with white on maw throat chest and stomach and maroon around eyes and tips of ears.
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Build: Slender, yet musculer
Counter-Factuals
« on: November 25, 2010, 05:15:24 PM »
Okay, from those of us who are fans of Big Bang Theory, will know this game. Basicly, what you have to do is pose an alternate world that differs from ours in ONE key aspect, then ask a question about that world. The next person will answer it as creativly as they can and explain why. They will then pose thier own alternate world for the next person.

example:
Poster 1:

In a world where humanity is enslaved by an almighty beaver, what food item is no longer consumed?

Poster 2:

The cheese danish.
Reason: Men build damns to please the mighty beaver. The low laying city of Copehnahgan is flooded. In thier grief the people of Denmark don't create the food they're famous for.

In a world where Rhinos are pets, who wins the second world war?

Poster 3:

Uganda
Reason: Kenya rises to power as a chief exporter of Rhinos. A central power block is formed colinizing north africa and Europe. War breaks out. No one can afford the luxury of Rhinos. Kenya withers, Uganda triumphs.

You get the idea? There's no wrong answers. feel free to have as much fun with it as possible and try to be creative as possible. Remember, the only way the world is different is the one key aspect. Anything else that has changed has to be because of that key aspect. Everyone ready?

First alternate world:

In a world where dogs are the masters and humans are the pets, what sport is not played at the olympics?

Offline RedWolf "lucifer" Guevara

• Eager Elephant
  • id laugh if u just... spontaiusly combusted
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf / hyena hybrid
  • Coloring: Red / grey
  • Build: skinney but adgaile
Re: Counter-Factuals
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 05:51:23 PM »
javalin
reason: dogs dont have aposable thumbs and therefor cannot hold the javalin

in a world where i controlled the world in a ruthless dictatorship, what would happen to brazil?
"i do not care if i fall so long as someone picks up my gun and keeps shooting" -Ernesto "che" Guevara

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 06:04:15 PM »
Gets blown up.
Reason: AFter several years of dictatorship, Fidel Castro wants a revolution against you. Upon hearing this, you launch all your bombs at Cuba, but you forgot to account for wind and hit Brazil instead

In a world where its always winter, what would happen to all the chili dogs?

Offline Halfeb

• Dancing Dragon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Orange with white on maw throat chest and stomach and maroon around eyes and tips of ears.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 04:24:48 AM »
They would be used as currency.
Reason: Chili's need a hot climate to grow. In a world thats always winter, chili's would be rare, but, under the right conditions, would survive, but would be very rare. Making them into a food would be invaluable and, chili dogs would be the new currency.

In a world where people walk on thier hands and use thier feet to hold stuff, who is the leading world power?

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 05:02:47 AM »
A union of african nations, because they have the largest average foot size in this world, so that makes them able to develop tools at a faster rate, thus weapons and control over the world.

In a world where foxes were the dominant race, what would be the method of communication?
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 05:06:12 AM »
radio, due to foxes inability to wield pens and other writing utensils, they have to resort to paw activated ham radios to communicate.

In a world where tv was never invented, what would be the biggest form of entertainment

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 05:08:15 AM »
puppets, since people have a lack of creativity due to tv's lack of ability to spread new ideas, puppets become the main form of entertainment due to people's small sense of what's entertaining.

In a world where the Confederacy won the Civil War, how will the Judgement Day War from the Terminator films play out differently?
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Red/brown fur
  • Height: 5' 8" in anthro form. 3' 5" in feral form.
  • Weight: 130 lbs in anthro, 20 lbs in feral
  • Build: Sleak, athletic build
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 09:16:04 AM »
The Southern United States, having been their own sovereign nation would be boozed up on untaxed moonshine and in a pissed off drunken rage, they would all band together to throw bottles at the machines.  The tiny shards of glass that scatter on impact would find their way into crucial parts of the machines vital mechanics, thus rendering them disabled.

In a world where Jesus never existed, what would take place of all the holy wars?

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 09:28:51 AM »
Territorial wars. Everyone would get up in everybody else's buisness about their land and kill each other.

In a world where water is poisonus, what would replace water sports?

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Red/brown fur
  • Height: 5' 8" in anthro form. 3' 5" in feral form.
  • Weight: 130 lbs in anthro, 20 lbs in feral
  • Build: Sleak, athletic build
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 09:37:33 AM »
In a world where water was poisonous?  I gotta believe we'd be pretty dead.  So... coffin sports?  Whoever is the best at being dead wins!

In a world where the dinosaurs lived on, either surviving the big space hemroid, or by whatever means to this day, how would that have changed the advancement of man as a species?

Offline Halfeb

• Dancing Dragon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 02:41:09 PM »
Insted of being a dominat species we would be an everyday dish for the dinner table.
Reason: If dinosaurs lived on, Velocer Raptors would be the dominate species. They eat humans and, as the Raptors evolved like humans did, getting weapons etc, they would eat us, but, before long, have us as cattle and food.

In a world where superheros exsist, what to gun shoots insted of bullets?

Offline Kodachi Devil

• Foxy Fox
  • Bunbun! Bunbun! Yes I am!
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Brown Fur, BBrown Hair.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 119 lbs.
  • Build: Medium
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 03:22:59 PM »
Answer: Anti-Matter
Reason: Anti-Matter is the most powerful of all matter, and not even a super-hero can stand up to a concentrated blast of that.

Alternate World: In a world where everything was ironic, including this sentence, what would be the one thing that wouldn't be ironic?

(im curious, because i thought about this many times)
I'm a devil, but I'm not bad most of the time. Okay I'm only bad some of the time. Okay maybe I'm bad all of the time. ;D

I heart Girls Generation! <3

Offline Halfeb

• Dancing Dragon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Height: 6'1&quot;
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 11:41:01 AM »
Irony
Because everything is ironic, nothing would be because it would not be anything out of the ordinary.

In a world where everyday is Thursday, what is the chief mode of transport?

Offline RedWolf "lucifer" Guevara

• Eager Elephant
  • id laugh if u just... spontaiusly combusted
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf / hyena hybrid
  • Coloring: Red / grey
  • Build: skinney but adgaile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 11:44:37 AM »
jet powered cars

reason:because, y not

in a world where the world is completly under water, how do we breathe?
"i do not care if i fall so long as someone picks up my gun and keeps shooting" -Ernesto "che" Guevara

Offline Halfeb

• Dancing Dragon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Height: 6'1&quot;
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 12:04:41 PM »
Gills.
Because, eveolutionary wise, we would adapt and have gills.

In a world where no one has thumbs, how are keyboards different?