The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The war of the worlds (not the movie)  (Read 7779 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: The war of the worlds (not the movie)
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 09:21:22 PM »
Adjusting his red beret, also caked with mud but nonetheless worn proudly, Kitt looked around the camp curiously. He ducked below the canvas flap of Lucuis' tent, glancing quickly around the space within. He grinned "We keep very mobile, sleeping in the trucks or artillery vehicles themselves when the trucks are in use... I forgot quite what it is like to have a more permanent place, even if it is only a tent."

Turning to face Lucius he took the fox in properly for the first time, the small details, things that said more about a person than even words could. With a satisfied smile he nodded "To business? I prefer action over words, unless of course you would enjoy some idle chit-chat? I must say, casual conversation sometimes seems the only thing that keeps a man sane in such times as war..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • you know what...I don't think I know you
    • Awards
  • Species: vulpine
  • Coloring: rusty red, white, and black
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 155lbs
  • Build: lean
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 09:41:26 PM »
Lucius waited for his honored guest to get into his tent before he entered himself and he Closed up the tent door. The fox was wearing camo pants and jacket with black boots. He was well kept and he was somewhat clean. After he closed up the tent he turned to the wildcat and smiled softly.

"I agree commander, so let's chat, please sit." he said as he went to his cooler and he looked over at him. "would you care for a beer?" he asked.
The world can be a horrible place, so give it a taste of it's own medicine

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 10:43:21 PM »
For once Kitt let his smile slip, replaced by a brief grimace of mild disgust "I cant stand the stuff. It is not a taste I have grown to enjoy, no offence meant, of course." The smile returned as he sat down, oblivious to the mud that soaked his fatigues.

He pulled a hip-flask out from the inside of his jacket and drank deeply from it, grimacing again, but this time with a smile as he swallowed the fiery liquor "Hruškovica, a speciality from my home, distilled from pears. Unfortunately we do not have much left, but the mere offer of it is often enough to raise my men's moral tenfold..."

He offered the flask to Lucius with a grin "Normally our supplies are kept for ourselves, but I feel that I should be as generous as you have proven to be, commander...But come! What of you and your men? I am sure we both have a tale to tell before we settle to our business..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 02:47:04 AM »
Lucius didn't take offense to not taking up on his request for a drink. He plucked one  for himself and popped it open. He noticed that the commander pulled out a flask.

"sounds like good stuff." he said as he took the offered flask and drank some of the liquor. "mmm, good stuff." he said as he felt the delightful burn in his throat from the drink. "wow, must be popular." he said handing him the flask back.

"well how did you form such a magnificent artillery unit. Must have taken sometime." he said as he sipped his beer from the bottle. Compared to the liquor he just tried this was nothing.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »
Kitt took the the flask back and drank again, drawing in a deep breath between his sharp teeth. He shrugged "No time at all. The Red-Star are tenacious, and we are no different. I rallied the men and women we had, for our women are considered by many to be the better fighters in our society, and strove to drive a counter-attack against these foul Sergals."

Sighing Kitt motioned a hand to at Lucius "What of you? I presume you killed the owners of those teeth around your neck yourself. I can only assume therefore that you have been as active in this war as we have." He watched Lucius curiously and leant back in the chair, pulling his beret off and running a hand through his tousled hair.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2010, 07:03:10 PM »
max began working his hobby, a bomber to go along with his scout and fighter. he stood in the hanger welding with nothing but an old radio to listen to.
(I'm assuming we have some kind of space travel technology. if not just tell me.)
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 02:21:04 AM »
(yes but it's kinda hard to obtain parts)

"women fighters huh." he said as he remembered plenty of women fighters that died in battle along side him. He sipped his beer and set it down on the table.

as the commander mentioned his necklace of teeth he looked down at him and nodded. "momentos from battles and hunting kills." he said as he fiddled with the biggest tooth innthe middle of the necklace. "my infantry consists of men and women we found hiding in fear and some wanted revenge because of there family members getting killed.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2010, 06:37:21 PM »
"Hmm. Well I congratulate you and your infantry on surviving thus far, many cannot claim do have done the same." Sighing, Kitt pulled his beret back on and eyed Lucius with a calm severity "So, shall we turn to business? I have a battalion of artillery, well disciplined, highly trained yet low on fuel. You have a battalion, or perhaps larger I do not know, of infantry."

With another sigh he leaned closer to Lucius "If we fight together we can compensate for each others weaknesses... It is not something I take lightly, for the Red-Star have always fought alone. But to be stuck in old ways can be damaging. What say you?"

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 03:11:27 AM »
"well we don't have much heavy weapons, but we have slot of fuel." he said as he leaned back in his chair. "it is true that old ways can hurt." he said as he thought about it for a sec.

Wolfgang smiled at the commander and he held his paw out to the wildcat. "I will help you with fuel, but you have to help me with heavy weapons." he said with a sly grin.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2010, 07:02:33 PM »
Returning the grin, Kitt reached out and gripped the fox's forearm instead of the proffered paw. He nodded tersely "Very well. We have a deal then... My battalion will not enter your camp however, we shall station outside your perimeter. While I am rather more lenient in my views I believe my men would still prefer us to fight alone."

He sighed "I suppose that is it then, we should get to work at once refuelling my vehicles. Our side of the deal will come into play whenever next we attack the enemy..." Standing up, Kitt scratched the nape of his neck and maintained a glance to Lucius "It is good that we found each other. We must be together and strong, united against these sergals..."

----

Past the perimeter of the camp, artillery vehicles stood silently. All was quiet except for the pattering of rain over mud and steel, and the occasional cough or muttering of those on guard duty. "What do you think the commander is up to then? He surely doesn't expect us to fight with these dogs?"

A wolf, dark furred and bearing a scar across his cheek took another drag on his cigarette. The feline beside him rolled her eyes before turning back to her binoculars "The commander knows what he is doing. If we must fight with them, then that is what we do... The commander knows best..."

The wolf laughed gruffly, putting his feet up on an empty fuel canister. The recon Jeep was cold and dank without the heating off, and a leak slowly dripped onto the floor from the steel roof above "Hah, if the commander knew-" With a hiss the feline put a finger to her lips, suddenly intent on something visible through her binoculars. The Wolf frowned, about to retort at being shushed. He didnt get a chance as an explosion blew the jeep into shreds. Similar explosions bloomed around the camp, some hitting tents and vehicles, sending oily flames into the sky. The ground shook under the rumbling weight of approaching tank treads...

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2010, 10:45:42 PM »
a shell riped through the the side of Max's tent (that he had converted into a hanger) and riped the wing off his working progress. he dropped to his knees realising that he had been standing there mere seconds before hand. "all my hard work.....revenge!!" he jumped into the cockpit of his fighter intent on blowing up who ever shoot at him. he took of flying straight up and using a stall to back flip and start hailing missiles and lead towards the threat.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2010, 08:03:18 PM »
Lucius was in his tent as a shell ripped through the air and nearly exploded in his tent. He grabbed his M60 machine gun and ran outside to the edge to the camp where the artillery units were. "commander!" he shouted looking around for him. The fox looked over to the source of the tank treads approaching. The fox saw soldiers approaching, sergal soldiers. "open fire!" he shouted as the fox and his troops opened fire on the sergals approaching the camp.

Bullets flew in both directions, but they needed the artillery to open fire on the approaching tanks.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2010, 11:53:26 PM »
The tank column rumbled into full view. It consisted almost entirely of light tanks, vehicles designed to outflank the enemy and attack unexpectedly and more speedily than heavy tanks. It seemed they had done their job well, for the entire camp had been caught in surprise by the speed of the attack.

Armoured transports rumbled ahead of the tanks and disgorged soldiers into the front line of defences as the tanks behind kept up a fusillade of tank shells and machinegun fire...

-------

Kitt stood calmly beside one of the many artillery vehicles, pointing to targets and then to places on a map that was spread out on the earth. Two junior officers stood either side of him. They both winced as shells exploded in the camp, both wondering how their commander could stand so defiantly and calmly "Obviously the enemy has not spotted us. They where expecting to only face this infantry camp... Our camouflage, and placement on the opposite side of the camp give us the perfect advantage..."

Standing and rolling up the map, Kitt took the proffered radio from his junior officer. She glanced nervously over at the tank formation and covered her ears. Kitt frowned at her rather unofficerial behaviour, but said nothing of it. Instead he shouted into the radio "All units, track armoured targets... Open fire!"

--------

Missiles streaked over the camp, flying high over the tents, smoke trails flourishing out behind them. For several long seconds soldiers stood and stared as the missiles arced higher and higher, faster and faster... And then they fell.

Explosions rocked the ground, disintegrating tanks and infantry alike. Rocket after rocket streaked into the Sergal tank column with their accompanying boom and burst of earth and flame. The sergal tanks, reeling from the unexpected artillery barrage, attempted to flee. The tanks drove backwards, only to find their paths blocked by the wreckages of their comrades vehicles...

------

Kitt grinned, handing the radio back to the officer "The fight is over, the slaughter begins..."

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2010, 04:33:15 AM »
Lucius stopped shooting his rifle as he watched the missiles flare overhead. He saw that they were aimed for the advancing columns of tanks and artillery and he ordered a retreat so the missiles could do their thing. The fox watched as the missiles came down onto the enemy troops and he just stood there between two damaged tents as the missiles rained down on the troops.

Once the attack was over Lucius grabbed his radio and he tried get in contact with his new ally. "Commander, do you read me?" he waited for a response

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2010, 01:41:23 PM »
"Yes, I read you Lucius..." Kitt paused to take a drag on the rather soggy end of a cigarette before returning to the radio "...It would seem our enemies continue to hunt us down. Unfortunately for them, you are no longer alone. Surprise was a perfect asset this time..." An artillery vehicle drove past, armoured treads rumbling and engine belching oily fumes.

The radio crackled with noise for a moment or two as Kitt's voice was drowned out "-and so, I believe there is still the matter of fuel Commander. My units need diesel soon. I recommend that we refuel, and then move out. They know your position, and soon word that we are stationed here too will reach our enemies..."

Kitt paused again, watching as Red Star infantry hurried back and forth between their vehicles "This time I wish to play the host. If we could meet in the radio truck positioned at the edge of my camp, then we can consider our next move..."