The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The war of the worlds (not the movie)  (Read 7774 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: The war of the worlds (not the movie)
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2011, 04:12:39 PM »
Kitt narrowed his eyes "Hmn... I guess that would be usefull. But if you lure us into a trap, or do anything else suspicious, we will shoot you on sight..." He shrugged, leaning out of the window slightly and watching the forest draw ever nearer "Dont take it personally, I trust no one..."

The convoy continued at its slow pace, trucks and artillery vehicles slewing up mud under their tyres and tracks. Infantry marched alongside the vehicles, trudging through the
ankle-deep mud. The prospect of safety and rest spurred them on as the thick pine trees loomed in the distance, moonlight poking through the branches, and the first signs of dawn already creeping over the horizon...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2011, 10:10:39 PM »
max sat on the back of his rig thinking when he saw a teen running around with something familiar. "put that down!" he ran and slid under the boy who had tripped when looking back to see who had spoken. max didn't care about the guy, just the device he was carrying. "where did you get this?" he asked looking up for the kid who had already disappeared. "guess that answers that..." he opened the small door on the side of the truck and climbed inside with all the tool, machinery and his 2 3/4 ships and quickly found the spot the small apple sized generator had been taken from. "why did they have to 'rescue' me from that serval camp...i had it made there hot food, warm beds, all the tech i needed for my projects. i mean was it so much to ask for them to grab my files rather than just burning 7 years worth of tech advancements. who the heck am i talking to anyway?" he sighed and sat down next to the small door, watching the scenery slowly roll away.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Dementius (Sir Crocodile)

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Bang.
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin/Fox (I tend to switch between the two)
  • Coloring: Tan
  • Build: Average
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2011, 01:33:11 AM »
(I know I changed my avatar, I'm still rp-ing as that cyber-saur Crocodile.)

"I understand your trust for no one, believe me," Crocodile told Kitt. "But, really? You've never gone out with someone other than your own soldiers and know that they'd take a bullet for you?" He went from looking up at Kitt to ahead down the path. "It must be... Eerie. Thinking everyone could have a knife to your back." He said. "I'll be back in a flash." He whirred, and took off down the road. The soldier in the passenger-side of Kitt's jeep tensed, then realized he wasn't escaping. Crocodile made it to the clearing easily, and looked around. He saw a barrel poking from the bushes. As cracks of rifles flew out across the clearing and bullets flew past, Crocodile did the only thing he could; he turned....

And ran for his life.
I paraphrase Winston Churchill:
May God have mercy on my enemies who think I yiff, because I sure as hell won't!

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • you know what...I don't think I know you
    • Awards
  • Species: vulpine
  • Coloring: rusty red, white, and black
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 155lbs
  • Build: lean
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2011, 08:53:20 PM »
Lucius watched as he saw the cyber croc run down the road. He shrugged and he looked over at the rising sun, it had been a long time since he saw a sunrise, especially what happened to him and someone close to him during the war before it reached the United States. The fox shook the thought from his head and he started to fiddle with the necklace of sergal teeth around his neck.

One of Lucius's men hopped up onto the truck and sat down next to him. "You're awfully quiet commander." he said looking over at him.

"Well I just have a bad feeling about moving around, with the sergals being natural hunters who knows they could be watching us right now and we wouldn't even know it."
The world can be a horrible place, so give it a taste of it's own medicine

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2011, 05:09:44 PM »
The driver sitting beside Kitt swore loudly, slamming a foot on the brake and bringing the vehicle to a sliding halt "Gunfire in the woods commander!" Kitt frowned, watching as Croc ran back along the road, zigzagging as bullets ricochetted around the metal creature. Opening the door of the jeep he stepped out and pulled out a radio "Armoured transports, drive them out!"

The armoured column had drawn to a stop, artillery vehicles warily edging backwards and men ducking for cover. From among all the vehicles three gunned their engines, fumes belching from their exhaust stacks as their treads churned up the mud. Turrets swivelled to face the woods, picked their targets, and fired. Bullets tore through the trunks and bushes, screams and shouts piercing the quiet morning. Rolling forward, more slowly now, the three armoured transports stopped at the edge of the forest. Bullets pinged of their armour futilely as sergals broke cover and ran, only to be shot down.

Kitt grinned, of course an ambush had to be expected... But this was a poorly defended area... Obviously the sergals had not been expecting two entire companys to come this way. His grin vanished just as quickly as it appeared. The armoured transport furthest to the right exploded and rolled onto its side, spilling oily flames into the sky. A missile contrail lead from the wrecked vehicle to a patch of bushes, Sergal infantryman hurriedly reloading his launcher.

He never made it however. The remaining two transports gunned their engines, smashing through the bushes like metal rhinos, crushing the sergal under their armoured treads. Kitt's grin returned as he closed the jeep door and turned to his radio "Everyone, move out and set up temporary camp... The forest is ours..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2011, 08:27:55 PM »
Lucius was started by the bullets flying through the air, he grabbed his somrade and he ducked behind the truck he was on. He grabbed his M60 and he opened fire on the forest as the artillery trucks blasted into the forest. He ducked down as one of the truck was blown up.

Once the fire had ceased Lucius's men got the tents that they brought and they started to set up a temporary camp. Lucius got his tent from the truck and he started to set it up. Once it was set up he set up his cot and lied down on it. He got out the pack of smokes and he lit one and inhaled. "nothing is ever easy." he muttered to himself as he looked out the door of the tent.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2011, 10:10:05 AM »
max heard the brakes engage but it was to late, as the truck skidded to a stop he rolled backwards hitting his head on a shelf of spare parts knocking him clean out. max woke up about an hour later to the sound of people outside the trailer, "what happened?" he groaned rubbing his head. seeing kit not to far away he decided to ask him what had gone on that had caused the convoy to suddenly stop. "excuse me, could you tell me what happened earlier? why did everyone stop so suddenly?"
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2011, 06:56:54 PM »
Kitt glanced up at the voice, frowning "You are still here?" He shook his head and shrugged "We where ambushed. Unluckily for them there are a lot of us... We will be moving again at nightfall." With that he walked away through the camp, passing between the tents and vehicles. Around the camp, men took turns on lookout duty, while inside people huddled around electric heaters and lay down after a full night of marching.

Finally he reached Lucius' tent and ducked under the flap "Knock knock..." He grinned, muddier and dirtier than ever. Still grinning he pulled off his beret and sat down on a spare crate "All is going well. Defences are set around the perimeter, the men are resting... I believe we might be able to do this, commander."

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2011, 09:48:10 PM »
"yea, i don't know why...." max sighed watching kitt walk off. a snap decision came to mind, he walked back to his truck and sealed the trailer back up. he climbed into the drivers seat, he sighed, still unsure of his decision, he started the truck and gunned the engine driving out of the camp. his destination was an abandoned sergal base nearby. he pulled up at the entrance to an underground tunnel, he walked over to a small key pad and typed in a ten number keycode to open the door. once the door had opened he drove inside, parking in the middle of the base he sighed "home sweet home..." he looked around seeing skeletons of surgals from when he was 'liberated.' slowly he walked into a burnt out concrete bunker. the floor was covered in burnt papers and ash, a lone computer sat in the far corner. he quickly went over to the computer and ripped out the hard drive before returning to his truck. "I'll show them what real power is." he smiled as a file opened on a small screen entitled 'R.C.R.S.S'

• Avid Aardvark
  • Bang.
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2011, 10:53:56 PM »
Crocodile waited... The silence was deafening. He had hopped into the back of Max's truck unnoticed, and now it was boiled all down to this. He heard Max sit back into his seat... Crocodile leaned forward, growling in Max's ear. "Move and you die." He hissed, flicking his forked mechanical tongue out like a snake. "In case you're wondering, I've been here the entire time. Now start the engine and head back to camp or I'll give you a columbian necktie so fast you won't realize you're dead." He snarled, spitting out the word 'dead'. "Get going." He whirred, slinking into the back of the truck, watching Max.
May God have mercy on my enemies who think I yiff, because I sure as hell won't!

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2011, 11:16:02 PM »
"wait, before you force me to do some thing I'll regret think. how do you know i wasn't ordered to come here? and why should i go back? they think they rescued me, they burnt almost all my research, research that could be used to enhance both you and kitt's effectiveness tenfold. but i can't recreate my previous work if I'm dead. so if your going to kill me than do it, but remember, if my finger hits this key..." he put his finger in one of the keys on the keyboard connected to the salvaged hard drive "then everything on this hard drive is lost to the world seeing as all my files were destroyed when this base was taken originally." he looked back into the trailer and could see the stowaway contemplating his options.

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2011, 12:58:28 AM »
Kitt glanced up at the voice, frowning "You are still here?" He shook his head and shrugged "We where ambushed. Unluckily for them there are a lot of us... We will be moving again at nightfall." With that he walked away through the camp, passing between the tents and vehicles. Around the camp, men took turns on lookout duty, while inside people huddled around electric heaters and lay down after a full night of marching.

Finally he reached Lucius' tent and ducked under the flap "Knock knock..." He grinned, muddier and dirtier than ever. Still grinning he pulled off his beret and sat down on a spare crate "All is going well. Defences are set around the perimeter, the men are resting... I believe we might be able to do this, commander."

Lucius looked up over at Kitt as he came into his tent. He sat up and he stretched softly. "perfect, that attack was a big surprise wasn't it." he said as he got up and he opened the window flap of his tent. "so we'll be here until the sun goes down I assume." he added looking at his men as they started to settle down and make breakfast from their day's rations.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2011, 11:45:23 AM »
Nodding, Kitt lit up a cigarette "It is better that we move at night... Until then we can hold the perimeter and-" Shouting at the top of his voice a soldier burst into the tent, helmet askew and rifle swinging madly "Sir! A truck just broke through the defences!"  Kitt swore loudly in his native language, moving towards the entrance and pulling out his pistol "How many Sergals?" the soldier shook his head, confusion in his eyes "None sir, it broke through from the inside..."

• Avid Aardvark
  • Bang.
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2011, 08:29:30 PM »
"I know for a fact you weren't ordered to come here because I didn't see you speak to anyone, and you got out as quick as you could." Crocodile hissed, then stopped and thought for a moment. "Hm... Enhance my effectiveness, you say?" He thought for a long while, then shot dagger-eyes at Max. "I hope you do the right thing." He whirred before hopping off the truck and disappearing into a vent.
On his way back to camp, a black wolf holding a cigarette between his fingers stepped from the forest, a smug look on his face. Crocodile stopped and swung his tail, curious. "Crocodile, I presume?" The wolf asked cooly, puffing smoke into the air. "Perhaps... Who might I be speaking to?" He asked. The wolf stared at him for a moment before saying, "Someone who can help. Your... Friends, aren't who they seem, Crocodile." The robotic dinosaur cocked his head. "Yes, you heard me. They're not the side you should be on, my friend. They're the enemy." Crocodile bared his teeth and snarled, "A sergal!" He growled. "Yes. But it seems you've been deceived. I'm not your enemy, my friend." He cooed, suddenly appearing by Crocodile's side and leaning on him, turning towards the forest. "You like this forest, no?" The sergal asked. "Yes, it was my home." He replied. "Until what happened, Crocky boy? Who drove you out from your cave and used it as a recon outpost?" The wolf asked. "Now wait a second..." He began to growl, then the flashback came. He looked down. "They did." He said, downcast. "Exactly. I can get you a better home, and a family to fight for..." He said in the dinosaur's ear, "And... a body." Crocodile's eyes widened. "That's right... All that if you see you're fighting for the wrong side... And change your ways." The wolf said. The dinosaur shuddered. He trusted Kitt, though. He gave his word...

"Deal."

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2011, 08:53:57 PM »
max watched as crocodile disappeared out of the base. "i know what I'm doing, this will work." he began typing on the small key pad again before disconnecting the hard drive. he walked over to a hidden door which opened as he put his hand on a scanner disguised as a damaged section of the wall. he walked down the stairs quietly, unsure if the others had left anything behind of use when the base came under attack. the large room lit up, revealing the lab to be twice as large as the base. almost instantly a small group of people poked their heads out to see who had found their hiding spot. "hi everyone, i came back, just like i promiced i would." max said as a girl, no older than 17, ran up and hugged him. she was quickly followed by six others all but one younger than max. "nice to have you back max." "nice to be back, my only regret so far is not coming back sooner."