The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The war of the worlds (not the movie)  (Read 7778 times)

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • you know what...I don't think I know you
    • Awards
  • Species: vulpine
  • Coloring: rusty red, white, and black
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 155lbs
  • Build: lean
The war of the worlds (not the movie)
« on: December 05, 2010, 12:04:54 AM »
This is an idea I've had in my head for a very long time and I wanted to see if anyone wanted to play along.

Plot
It's the year 2054 and there's an all out war going on between the fur species of earth and the dimensional species known as sergals. The sergals are ruthless killers led by a sergal general named Viktor and he was a ruthless killer, didn't care who got in his way of his goal. Many have died but Many serviving furs have teamed up and stood up against the menace. Many battles have been fought with hand weapons like spears and sword and many with fire arms. One leader is Lucius henrik, a fox that has been a battered warrior of this invasion.

profile info
Name:
Specialty: (like fixing broken down vehicles, repair weapons, trackers, heavy artillery, support gunner, etc)
Weapons: (anything from knives to guns, and everything in between)

Name: Lucius henrik
species: red fox
Specialty: heavy gunner, mechanic
Weapons: 1911 pistol .45cal, katana, combat knife, and m4 Assualt rifle

It was the Early evening, the sun was setting behind the hills as the campsite of the traveling resistance group rested from a hard day of fighting. Inn the biggest tent in the center of the camp was lucius's tent. He had an old tv going, it was an old HDtv from the turn of the century. He was laying on his cot thinking about tomorrow, he was always worried about the next day, wondering how many of his men could possibly be killed in action. He watched an old show that was on before the war started, the fox was also sharpening his knife as the show played.
The world can be a horrible place, so give it a taste of it's own medicine

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
Re: The war of the worlds (not the movie)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 11:55:56 AM »
Name: max shadow
Species: lace monitor
Specialty: pilot, mechanic
Weapons: a custom winchester, a L96 sniper rifle and a 6 foot grasscuter.

max landed his GR79Xflatliner near a small hanger and quickly inspected his home made craft for any damage. he walked past Lucius' tent now with grease on his scaled check. he rubbed his hands on a rag walking along he heard an old TV and decided to see who was in the large tent.

(if you want i can get pictures of the GR79Xflatliner, GR80Xshadowfire and the GR81X when i finish some proper sketches of them. but at the moment i only have basic sketches of the first two.)
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Halfeb

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Dingo
  • Coloring: Orange with white on maw throat chest and stomach and maroon around eyes and tips of ears.
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Build: Slender, yet musculer
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 01:50:46 PM »
Name: Halfeb Jones
Species: Dingo
Specialty: Fixing any type of vechile, not too bad in hand to hand combat and usually using improvised weapons.
Weapons: Usually his tool kit or anything he can get his hands on.

Halfeb stepped out of the hanger and looked at the make shift machine. He looked it over once or twice before he whistles. "Hmmm, not bad."He says as he looks inside, Öne or two things that could be improved upon, but, otherwise, not half bad..."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 05:43:52 PM »
Okay, I reckon this could be interesting so imha take a shot at it  ;)

(Though can I recommend making an OOC thread, where people could post their characters when they want to join/ask about the rp?)

Name: Kitt Va' Szarda
Species: East European Wildcat
Specialty: Artillery spotter/officer
Weapons: The ever trusty AK-47 and the firepower of the artillery under his command
Short bio: The Red-Star are a battalion who continue to fight back against the Serval invaders. They act as mercenaries to other armed forces who fight to protect earth. Kitt, young and the son of the current Red-Star leader is well known in the battalion for being one of the best artillery officer to date. 

-------

The enemy camp was visible in every minute detail through Kitt's binoculars. He adjusted the focus and infra-red wavelength, bringing the image into even sharper visibility. He lay, up to his knees in mud and covered in grime, behind the cover of scrub that dotted the opposite hillside to the camp.

Dropping the binoculars back down Kitt reached for the radio. Extending the aerial he spoke quickly and with a thick accent "Units five through nine, fire on my command at the pre-given co-ordinates....... FIRE!" From behind the hilltop there came a mass rumble and missiles streaked through the sky towards the enemy camp. The barrage hit home a moment later as volley after volley of explosives sent up great gouts of flame and earth.

Kitt grinned, already scrambling back up the muddy slope, lone figure slipping and sliding but grinning all the same as the serval camp was destroyed utterly. At the top of the hill a jeep rolled into view, stopped to let Kitt dive in, and then skidded back down the other side out of view...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 09:04:26 PM »
Lucius heard the sound of artillery fire in the distance and he stepped out of his tent and he rushed the edge of his campsite and he saw the shells impact somewhere very far away from base camp. He smiled as he saw the impact zone burn as the shells hit there mark. "nice shot." he said as he walked through his campsite and observed his men as they rested from a hard days work.

He soon returned to his tent and he went over to his radio and tried to contact the artillery battalion that decimated the enemy's campsite. "unknown artillery, this is Lucius Henrik please respond."

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 09:18:47 PM »
max walked over to the large tent. "sir, i got those scout reports for you." he said quietly looking over at Lucius.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 09:24:25 PM »
The truck shook and rumbled, thick-tread wheels churning up mud as it drove past artillery vehicles of all shapes and sizes. It finally stopped and its engine fell silent. Inside, Kitt leant back against a crate of munitions and sighed "Mark off that last camp Vladamir..." The fox who sat opposite him leant over to a map and deftly crossed out the encampment. A line of crosses weaved its way over the map, showing the trail of destruction sown wherever the Red-Star battalion went.

Kitt sighed again and lit up a cigarette, dragging deeply on the wretched thing "We keep killing them, but there are always more... Thirty-fifth camp destroyed now?" The fox grunted and lit up his own cigarette "Thirty sixth sir-"  The conversation was interrupted by the radio.

With a squelch of muddy fatigues, and accompanied growl of annoyance, Kitt stood up, picked up the headset and slipped it on. He fiddled momentarily with the dials and then replied gruffly. Without the aid of vision, it would have been hard to distinguish his tired and gruff voice from an adult's rather than a sixteen-year old "This is Red-Star battalion, commander Va' Szarda here... Please identify, and if you are allied with the Servals, please also give your current cor-ordinates so we can blow you off this earth..."
 He laughed, drily and with no real emotion. Vladimir growled and shook his head disparagingly...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 09:27:42 PM by Kitt (Santa Claws) »

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 10:09:31 PM »
"this is commander Lucius Henrik of the 12th infantry and were allies to the species of earth, not the sergals." he said over the radio as he reached into his cooler and pulled out a beer and popped it open. "I saw your bombardment earlier, I was very impressed." he said as he sipped his beer and fiddled with his knife.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 11:20:29 PM »
Kitt laughed again, taking another deep drag on the cigarette "You liked our little display did you?" He smirked and raised an eyebrow at Vladimir. The fox grunted and stood up, climbing out of the truck. Kitt leant back against the crate of ammunition and adjusted the headset slightly "If you are close enough to see the attack, you must be close to our position indeed... Perhaps-" he paused and took another drag "perhaps we can arrange something. You have supplies? Food, water, fuel? We are in need of these things... What we have in large supply to give in return is the firepower we have displayed."

A light rain started, pattering over the canvas covering of the truck and spattering over the already churned up mud. Kitt groaned and leant over to a small electric heater. It hummed into erratic life and glowed deep orange, slowly warming the inside of the truck "What say you, Lucuis?  I have twelve rocket artillery vehicles, five bombard mortar carriers and two Anti-air units and many others... All are low on fuel though, and rations are low. If we could meet and arrange the deal?"

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 11:28:55 PM »
"I did indeed like the show." he said as she sipped his beer and smiled. "we indeed have supplies, but we need guns and ammo." he said as he leaned back in his seat as the rain started to fall. He walked over to the window flaps and he closed the windows to his tent and went back to his radio and put his headset back on. "Im willing to make a deal with you commander Va' Szarda, our coordinates is map grid 804532."

http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=14050.0 <== OOC board
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:30:58 PM by Wolfgang »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 04:43:18 PM »
"That is indeed close to my own position, which I needn't bother giving to you. We are on the move so often that it would mean nothing the next time we move out." Kitt took a final drag on the cigarette and stubbed the smouldering butt out on the crate beside him "I shall meet you outside your camp, though I warn you now. Double-crossing the Red-Star would not do you or your men well..."

He hung up the receiver and jumped out of the back of the truck, landing with a splash of muddy water. Striding round to the front of the vehicle he knocked heavily on the drivers door "We are moving out comrades!"

======

Several hours later the artillery convoy rolled into view of Lucius' camp. The vehicles where all covered in camouflage netting and mud splattered up the sides, creating a far better camouflage than any that could have been painted on when the vehicles where new.

The main body of the convoy stopped several hundred metres away from the camp, and a single jeep separated, bouncing and swerving along the muddied ground.  The jeep was obviously the envoy, red flag fluttering from the radio aerial as it neared the camp entrance...

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 10:30:03 PM »
max walked over to the large tent. "sir, i got those scout reports for you." he said quietly looking over at Lucius.

"thank you max." he said taking the reports and he looked over them, it was the usual stuff. The fox studied them and he found some positions of enemies that were close by andante would have to deal with them later.

==========

While the convoy rolled up onto the edge of his camp the fox stood their at attention. The young fox was impressed with the convoy and how well done it was camouflaged. The fox had a smoke in his mouth as he saw the jeep stop near him. Next to the fox on both sides were two soldiers protecting him at any given time.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 04:32:12 PM »
The jeep door swung open and Kitt jumped out with a splash of mud. No one else followed, for he had been alone in the jeep, and walked on his own towards Lucius. He paid the two guards no attention, fixing Lucius with a curious stare. There was a certain swagger to his walk that even a liberal soaking of mud and grime could not take away from him.

Behind the young officer, the convoy had not stayed still. Instead, cannons where raised, shells prepared and missiles aimed. All pointed towards the camp. Kitt finally came to a halt, mere paces from Lucius. His uniform was so caked in mud that it original colour was un-discernible but for a single red star sewn in at the shoulder.

He nodded "Commander Lucius, I presume. I must warn you that every gun in my battalion is aimed at your camp. If any harm comes to me, I die... But so do you and all your men. Please forgive me, but I do not tolerate traitors..." He paused and cleared his throat, suddenly smiling "Come, we have business to talk of..."

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 08:56:04 PM »
Lucius smiled as he watched the wildcat approach him, he was surprised to find out that the gruff sounding commander was a sixteen year old boy, but anyways he impressed with him. He looked at the boy as he came to a stop in front of him.

"no need to worry commander Va' Szarda." he said as he turned around and he motioned him to follow. "yes we do, let's talk in my tent." he said as he walked back to his tent with him. On lucius's neck was a necklace made of the fangs of fallen sergals. As the two walked through the camp lucius's men stood to one side.

Soon they arrived at his tent. The fox opened the canvas door of his tent to the feline.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 09:01:19 PM »
"i see you like my ship." max said walking back into the hanger and noticing halfeb looking at the scout craft he flew in with.