The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Heavens Sorrow (Finished)  (Read 6630 times)

Offline Lucky

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I Find Some Of You Very Creepy
    • Awards
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Height: 5'5
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: normal
Re: Heavens Sorrow
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2010, 12:17:03 PM »
the scent of death filled the air of the Old World, hundreds of skeleton bones and human ash were scattered across the ground, the air was still smoky as if the buildings were still burning

Mary stuck to the shadows, ducking in and out of the decayed buildings making sure not to be seen, moans from what seem like creatures echoed in the far distances, the closer she got to the center of the city the louder they became. she didn't want a fire fight down here, the sounds of gun fire could draw every living thing to her position.

as it  slithered behind zionna and xenrath, following and there footsteps, the clocked mutants waited for the perfect opportunity to strike, as more gathered around them, they made a small hissing sound. one moved in closer to make the alpha attack, while the others followed it.

Pet's name: Lucky

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2010, 06:13:10 PM »
Dragon knew he was being followed not just by the other mercs, but creatures as well. He switched back to his thermal vision to see if he could get a reading on anything using camouflage. Immediately his vision was filled with heat signatures of things crawling everywhere. As he continued forward, a mutant crawled behind him, getting ready to make the first strike. As powerful as Dragon is, he has no chance of surviving an attack from his back.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2010, 06:29:16 PM »
max and Ricca stayed close to Mary, trying to not draw attention to any of them. Jethro on the other hand had been following the others, his senses leading him, he knew there was something following the group. "is there something wrong" he asked dragon cautiously.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2010, 06:33:44 PM »
"Observation: I think we are being followed. Be ready." He said this in a low voice so as not to draw to much attention to themselves. Since Dragon was bigger than Jethro, he was hoping that if something was following them, it'd go for him instead, as he seems weaker.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2010, 07:02:11 PM »
"thanks for the heads up." he said grabbing the hilt of his sword.

"sister, what does this thing do anyway? i know its not my place to ask but...." Ricca stopped and looked over at max. "i think i saw something moving over there." he pointed p at a ruined building across what used to be a street.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Halfeb

• Dancing Dragon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Dingo
  • Coloring: Orange with white on maw throat chest and stomach and maroon around eyes and tips of ears.
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Build: Slender, yet musculer
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2010, 06:17:27 AM »
Seven got no responce, so, he thought it best to do things the way his programming saw was best. His legs turned to jets as he flew high up into the cavern. He looked over the old world, bringing up the map he had seen earlier, using it to find the National Library. He looked for a close and safe landing spot as he saw mutants being drawn to the bright lights of his jets.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2010, 07:59:01 AM »
The creature was silent in its approach towards the two. When it got within range, it pounced on Dragon's back, as it recognized it as the bigger threat. Flailing around, Dragon tried his best to shake the creature, but could not. It grabbed hold of his fuel canister and took a bite. The resulting fireball engulfed the creature and Jethro, sending each of them flying into the nearby buildings. The noise and light from it alerted most of the mutants as well, sending them into a frenzy towards Dragon. They piled on him with lightning speed and tore him apart till he was nothing but scrap metal.

Offline Ho'ne Diheart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Ghost Bolf (bear/wolf)
  • Coloring: black and redish brown
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: Stocky
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2010, 08:01:35 AM »
Lights flickering dimly, shining only one one spot while the rest remains hidden from the world. The light was the only comfort Ho'ne had since he entered the ship. He has been listening to everything around him, but thinking of his farewell to his family. Wishing it was easier to do. The ship came to a full stop, Ho'ne got up and left quickly as possible. "Come Enthk" a large bird followed him out in a unknown area. "Let our luck lead us to our goal." And ran into the unknown.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2010, 12:25:10 PM »
Jethro looked up just before dragon's tank exploded "eep" his eyes went wide before he went flying into the ruins. he woke up seconds later in pain. he got up slowly wincing. "hello?! hello?......anybody?......" he stood there alone in the room overlooking the the horde ripping dragon apart.

Offline Lucky

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2010, 02:28:11 AM »
((sorry late post))

before she could answer them, Dragons tank exploded, knocking her into a near by window of one of the destroyed buildings. coughing a little as she slowly stood up, she felt a little disoriented from the blast "what in the lords name, just happen?" looking up to see them crawling over the area, picking apart dragons body. without hesitating, she made a mad dash down the street, it was a perfect distraction for her. who knew how many was out there, but what she did know was that she was still alive.

she could still hear there hiss right on her trail, she turned around started firing blindly behind her. she was able to hit and  kill one of them but that didn't slow down the rest, in the distance she saw a building that was still standing and not as badly decayed as the others,  the word museum could still be seen on the wall "god i hope this is it" she said as she made her way to it.

"ya i got it, i will take care of them all, don't worry they should be close to it by now, am leaving" he said as he slipped his phone back into his pocket with an evil grin as he walked off his ship. he saw Ho'ne walking off to the cave "hay kid" he whistled to him "how would you like to make a loot of money?"
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 02:34:47 AM by Lucky »

Offline Halfeb

• Dancing Dragon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Orange with white on maw throat chest and stomach and maroon around eyes and tips of ears.
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2010, 08:45:38 AM »
Seven saw the sister running for the museum. He knew if he would enter first, it would more then likely kill him, so, better to clear the path for someone else insted. He turned his hands to miniguns again and flew over her, facing backward and fired automatic fire into the leigon that was following her. Shooting them down closest to her first. "Clear the way, sister." He called to her from above, "I will draw the hoard."

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
  • Archmage of the Arcane.
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Height: 5ft 11inches
  • Weight: 133 pounds
  • Build: Lean
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2010, 08:17:41 PM »
Zionna and Xenrath were making a dash for the museum, fighting off anything that stood between them, Zionna's eyes keeping careful watch all around them while Xenrath blasted everything with his cannons. They reached the door of the Museum. "Turn on your flashlight, this place is most likely crawling with these mutants and it appears that they are intolerant towards light." Xenrath set his flashlight to full power and blasted open the door, staying out of the doorway, waiting for something to come out.

Peace leads to normality, and normality is boring.

Offline Lucky

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2010, 09:26:44 AM »
the museum was filled with the last known relics of the human race, a gold mine for relics hunters and a death trap for others. in the lobby stood two hollow metal knights, there swords were crossed with a sign that said  "welcome to the  national liberty museum" hanging below. the lobby had a glass dome shaped roof with a few busted out windows, a 1909 Blériot Type XI  hung from it on steel rusted wires. there was a old wooden staircase that lead to the upper floor painting exhibit and other fines arts, to the right was the museum dinosaur collection and to the lift was the museum national library.

running inside  and closing the door behind her "what are you two doing? find something we can use to barricade  this door, who ever else outside is dead to us" she said as she pushed the knights over onto the door. Mary seemed a bit panicky as she searched around for items she could use to barricade the door up with.

Offline Halfeb

• Dancing Dragon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2010, 10:07:40 AM »
Seven saw the door close, he also saw an entrance on the rooftop, and the mutants climbing the walls. He got in the rooftop entrance and closed it, barracading it with whatever he could find, which turned out to be a bench, two stone statues and a mirror. He lit up one of his flight stablizers as he landed back on his feet. The stablizer lit up the corridor. Signs leading all over the museum. He read the signs. It was dark, silent and he was alone.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2010, 10:39:36 AM »
Jethro watched in horror as everyone ran away. he was alone...he saw Ricca make it into the museum just in time before the doors were barricaded and max jump into what looked like an old nightclub. he heard hissing coming from behind his as a mutant prepared to strike. his eyes were slightly bloodshot while his mental condition continued its slow decay into one  stronger personality.