The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Heavens Sorrow (Finished)  (Read 6632 times)

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Archmage of the Arcane.
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Height: 5ft 11inches
  • Weight: 133 pounds
  • Build: Lean
Re: Heavens Sorrow
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2010, 08:22:24 PM »
Xenrath and Zionna followed Mary inside. Xenrath pushed a stone pedestal into the doorway, blocking it off completely. Zionna flashed some more pictures and sent them to mother, including a picture of Mary and a query of where exactly where the Heaven's sorrow is. Zionna watched Mary closely, not sure of what to make of her.

Peace leads to normality, and normality is boring.

Offline Lucky

• Boisterous Bear
  • I Find Some Of You Very Creepy
    • Awards
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Height: 5'5
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: normal
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2010, 10:46:27 PM »
While inside the museum, there was too much static interface to make contact with Mother.

leaning against the wall, Mary took a deep breath and wiped the sweat from her brow. "that was a close one" she said as she started to reload her guns. the mutants snakes were still picking at the door, the door itself wouldn't last for much longer at this rate "ok well this is the part where we split up, i have to personally thank you all for getting me this far and being my meat shield" she said as she pointed both her guns at the group "i shall leave you now with your friends here at the door" one of the mutant snake claws busted through the door, she fired a few rounds at the door before running off into the library area and shutting the door behind her.The library had a labyrinth like style to it, a maze of book covered walls with narrow a passage way up and down the isles. the sounds of chains scrubbing the ground echoed in the labyrinth.

the mutant snake slammed his claw down into Jethro leg pining him down to the ground, he let out a loud croak alerting the others of the pray it caught, as he raised up  his other claw for a killing blow.

Pet's name: Lucky

Offline Halfeb

• Dancing Dragon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Dingo
  • Coloring: Orange with white on maw throat chest and stomach and maroon around eyes and tips of ears.
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Build: Slender, yet musculer
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2010, 10:58:00 PM »
Seven opened a door which lead to the labyrinth like maze that was the library. The interferance was messing with his systems, he couldn't get a layout of the area or anything. He looked at his options. Left, right or straight ahead. He heard something else moving in the maze. Could it be another member of the team, or something else all together?

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2010, 11:10:32 PM »
Ricca went in with seven looking for Mary, she quickly made a decision to go left and ran off on her own, hoping that her brothers were OK. she took out her robotic eye and started using it to check around corners.

Jethro quickly drew his sword and cut himself free before rolling over and unloading a whole clip from his M16 into the things chestcavity. he slowly pulled himself over to a corner and slowly tried to calm himself. he had never been this far from Ricca, never been alone, he started to panic, his mind blurring and deforming more, melding the three into one. the only sound he could hear other than his laboured breath and rapid heart was the cold hissing of more of those things coming to kill him.

max stood up in the club, it was almost pitch black and he knew he wasn't alone he drew his SMG2's and let his senses highten.

the three shared the same feeling of dread......at that moment they all knew it..........only one of them was going to leave that cave.........so one question remained in their mind.........who was the strongest of them all?
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2010, 02:41:01 PM »
"She knows more then she lets on, we must follow her." Zionna said to Xenrath. They both entered the library, only to see a lizard run left, Mary was nowhere in sight. "I can't make contact with mother..." "Forward." Xenrath declared and began to run down the hallway. Zionna followed quickly behind. "I'll just blast straight through the bookshelves." "No! Haven't you picked up the rattling yet? What about the fact that there are barely any mutants in here? Whatever is in this maze is defending the Heavens Sorrow, and it is very powerful." at the end of the hall the bookshelves split left and right. "Which way?" "I don't know, this building is preventing me from contacting mother." "Guess it's trial and error then." They both went right.

Offline Lucky

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2010, 05:43:59 AM »
Right as they turned the corner a huge humanoid being stood in front of them blocking there path, his blade arm was raised in the air,  and with great force sliced off the robotic arm of Zionna before knocking her through multiple bookshelves, he then turned his gaze at Xenrath. his arm raised again, this time ready to split Xenrath down the middle.

Traveling on top of the bookshelves looking down at Ricca, waiting for the right moment to pounce on her, this humanoid moved a bit faster and a little skinner, with a buzz saw for a hand. without warning he pounced on her, pinning her down with his normal hand around her neck and his buzz saw hand moving to cut off the top of her head.

After hearing the mutant snake croak, the others moved away from the door and made there way to the destroyed club, surrounding it from all angles then quickly moving in for an attack.

frantically moving down the isles "Bs, Bs, where are the Bs... " she said as she turn the corner into a dead end, a sign hung above one of the bookcases that read [B section] "here we are" she said as she pulled out her bible and look for a gap in the section where a book used to be there. in the background she could hear the gun blasts from the others getting closer "dang where is it.... found it" she said as she placed the bible in the gap, there was a loud unlocking sound as  the bookshelf started to move to the side and reveal a under ground stairwell.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 05:51:22 AM by Lucky »

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2010, 03:20:33 PM »
"Zionna!" Xenrath yelled, he aimed all of his weapons at the beast and fired, hoping to kill, or at least push it back.

Meanwhile Zionna pushed off the wreckage of the bookshelves  and watched in horror as the beast raised it's arm "Xenrath run!" Suddenly somehting caught her attention, far down the new hallway she was in, was mary, standing infront of a moving bookshelf. The she heard Xenraths guns go off.

Offline Halfeb

• Dancing Dragon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Orange with white on maw throat chest and stomach and maroon around eyes and tips of ears.
  • Height: 6'1"
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2010, 05:47:56 PM »
Seven heard the gunfire as he went deeper into the labyrinth of shelves and books. He was relived, he felt that this would give them a great oppertunity to get past unnoticed. He then heard the opening. He ran to where he thought it came from. He got to a dead end and saw the opening was just the other side of the shelves, but, to get to it, he would have to re-negotiate the labyrinth. He then remembered some of his most basic programming. The shorttest distance between two point was a straight line. Factoring where he was as A and where he wanted to get to as B and only these shelves stood in the way, he switch his arms to the more powerful blaster form and shot booth at the shelves, blasting them clear over the hole and onto the ground. He then jumped down into the underground stairwell lighting up the way to see what was going to be down there, if the sister didn't get to it first.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »
Ricca laid there pinned, she reached for her sword only to realise that it had come loose when dragon exploaded. she grabbed one of her guns and moved her head just in time to dodge a killing blow but instead the thing cut into her shoulder sending her cold blood across the floor and her gun sliding across the floor. she grabbed the thing around the neck with her tail and tried to desperately pull it off.

max heard the rustling out side but he didn't really care, he had found something he never thought he would find and was just waiting for the buildings generator to kick in. he walked over to the DJ's desk and waited, guns ready and music chosen.

Jethro looked out the hole in the wall and watched the serpents entrap the club he was starting to cry when he realised....<its me.....the others are doomed, ricca...max...there going to leave me.> his mind was a mess of mangled thoughts, his transformation was almost complete.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Lucky

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2010, 06:30:32 PM »
((hope you guys had a wonderful holiday)

It was morning time outside of the cave, the mutants who were guarding the entrance have long sense retreated deep down into the cave, the way was now clear. Turk took Ho'ne with him, just in case he needed a body to slow down the other mutants in the cave "see my boy, i have a master plan here, by now those fools would have reached havens sorrow and cleared the way for us, if they haven't, selling there equipment off there dead bodies should make us a bit of money" he said laughing a little as they walked through out the cave. "here we are" he said jumping down into the whole that lead to the Old World "man am shocked they made it this far, stay close and keep it down"

A steel grappling hook rapped around Halfeb as he was falling down and was quickly pulling him back up, it was the hand of  those slim humanoids pulling him up at rapid spreed

the blast from zionna's guns did little to no damage to the monster, just pushed him back a little, the humanoid started to swing his blade wildly as he charged back at them at full speed. blinded by rage it grabbed Zionna by the skull and held him up in the air, ready to crush it.

he took his hand from around Ricca neck and grabbed her tail and quickly cut it off with his buzz saw arm, then holding her tail above her head and letting the blood drip over his helmet.

At the club, they started to slip in one by one, some entering in from the roof and the others from the front door, they spotted max and started to surround him.

Offline Halfeb

• Dancing Dragon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Height: 6'1&quot;
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2010, 09:53:25 PM »
((Sure did and we all hope you did too love ^_^))

Halfeb switched to his flight boots as he felt the hooks pull on him. He aimed his legs up so he would, at least, slow his attackers pull. He then switched his arms to thier blasters and aimed for the rope that was coming from back up top, going to blast through it. No mutant was going to stop him from completing his mission, that would not be logical to him.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2010, 12:14:21 PM »
Ricca gave one final attempt at freedom, she lunged at the things throat. she was able to squeeze free enough to grab her gun and fired. the bullet just hit and ricochet away, she finally gave into the pain......she had always been the strongest in her family......but now she just hoped the others were stronger than she. she fell to her knees and looked to the ground, feeling the thing moving closer. seconds later cold red blood dripped down the walls and pooled around the remains.

max saw the things coming in and surrounding him "lets rock." 'sad but true' by metalica starter to play loud enough to echo through the city as he raised his SMG2's and started unloading in all directions with semiautomatic fire.

Jethro started making his way down to the street when he heard the music, hi started running faster.

Ricca   max   Jethro

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2010, 05:09:03 AM »
(I think you mean Xenrath about to be crushed by the monster because Zionna is a couple bookshelves down, out of reach. and she didn't shoot at the creature.)

Zionna took one last look at her brother from between the fingers of the beast. She received a single word editing file. It read "Go sister, complete the mission" The creature  tightened it's grip, cracking Xenrath's helmet. The beast clamped it's hand shut, shattering Xenrath's head, the fragments  scattering all over the floor and electricity jolting from Xenrath's exposed circuitry. Zionna had burst into a run towards where Mary was, She had set her Ion cannons to full power and put on the strongest amplifiers she had in her possession.

Offline Lucky

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2010, 10:23:53 AM »
((sorry for the mix up in names))

Turk & Ho'ne slowly slipping pass the club were all the mutant snakes were starting to gather around, the streets were clear, not a soul around. "i have to give those guys some credit, they made it this far" he said as he made his way to the mesuem. as they approached the it, Turk pulled out his grappling hook and started to scale the walls of the mesuem, it didn't take him and Ho'ne long to get to the top and drop down from the class dome "here we are my boy, where dreams come true and where we get a nice pay day" he said as he opened the doors to the library.

inside the club one of the mutant snakes grabbed max from behind, holding his arm together as it bite down onto neck, releasing a toxin that paralyzes its prey. the rest of the surviving mutants started to gather around him for the big feast.

The mutant that was holding Halfeb jumped down on his back, as they both landed on the ground together. the mutate held on to halfebs back as it started to pull circuit wires out of him.

Mary smiled at Zionna as she made her way to the underground lab where Havens Sorrow was being held. the entrance to the lab was behind a large vault door with a still working computer computer monitor "this is amazing, after all these years, it still has power" she said as she wiped the dust from the screen "all i need now is for her to open it for me"

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2010, 03:41:17 PM »
Zionna finally reached Mary and saw the vault, a computer monitor beside it. Zionna instantly went to work on hacking through the door, she glanced behind her several times to check for the beasts and to glance at Mary. after a small while of typing Zionna pulled out a cable connected to the back of her "head" and connected it to the console. A command prompt ran on the computer, instantly being worked into by Zionna, the command prompt suddenly closed, the computer screen went black, and the vault door unlocked. Zionna stepped back, and watched the door slowly slide open.