The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls 5  (Read 6116 times)

Offline Fluffles

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Silver/Gray
The Elder Scrolls 5
« on: January 11, 2011, 05:38:34 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGMOMkACtn4

I am very excited. If you haven't played Morrowind or Oblivion, you have no idea how amazing this is.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Re: The Elder Scrolls 5
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 06:16:57 AM »
now were fighting dragons. I may or may not have wet myself in excitement.  >.>

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 06:26:23 AM »
It's about time this game showed itself!

Offline Catfish

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Currently: Confused
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 08:27:21 AM »
I really don't expect much from this game, especially when i saw what they did to Oblivion  :( I wish they could make something like Morrowind or Daggerfall.
I especially hated Bethesda team for what they did to the beast races, no digitigrade legs, they can use boots or closed helmets etc. + they had a retextured human body with tail :/
First of all they should completely remove level scaling becouse it was a total mistake :/
Anyway Oblivion with mods was a very nice game, so i hope Bethesda will add Construction Set to Skyrim too =D

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Falcon
  • Coloring: blue, tan, brown, and white
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 190 lb
  • Build: Althetically slender
  • Currently: PONIES!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 02:15:13 PM »
I'm with catfish. Oblivion was a good game, but nothing near what it could have been. Knowing the direction Bethesda is going, there is probly going to be an even smaller map to make things look "shiny" but the role-play factor will be nerfed evenmore then it already has been. I'll definitely look foward to the game, but not nearly as much as i was looking forward to Oblivion. I just don't want to get my hopes up like I did before and start playing it and realize that its just a main story with a few side-quests and good graphics.
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling that makes life worth living or dying

Offline ZombiezuRFER

• Dancing Dragon
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Spinosaurus aegyptiacus
  • Coloring: Grey, red, rust red, light blue, yellow eyes, black claws
  • Height: 9 ft 9 in
  • Weight: 360 lbs
  • Build: Tall, strong, and lean
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 02:40:23 PM »
From what I hear, you get an even bigger map than before, with entire MOUNTAINS to climb.  And a lot of fans are screaming for even better RP stuff, like getting a gf/bf in the game.  Catfish, the no digi legs was an engine limitation, you can't really blame Bethesda for working with what they had available.  This is a brand new engines, so digi legs probably will be back.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
= Special Operations =

Et tu, Human?
De oculo mentis, servire se optimum est.

Offline Catfish

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 04:19:00 PM »
... I'll definitely look foward to the game, but not nearly as much as i was looking forward to Oblivion. I just don't want to get my hopes up like I did before and start playing it and realize that its just a main story with a few side-quests and good graphics...

The same here. I don't want to be dissapointed again :/

...And a lot of fans are screaming for even better RP stuff, like getting a gf/bf in the game.  Catfish, the no digi legs was an engine limitation, you can't really blame Bethesda for working with what they had available.  This is a brand new engines, so digi legs probably will be back...

Enigne limitations ? No, it's a laziness of the besthesda team ! They were able to implement digi legs to Morrowing but they couldn't do the same to Oblivion ? There are mods for Oblivion with digi legs created by common fans, so it's definitely not an engine limitation.
Oblivion was a simplified version of previous games only with better graphics.
I'm really afraid of what they can do to the beast races in Skyrim =D Maybe this time it will be a common human with cat ears and tail and bethesda will say it's just another variation of khajiit =D

Offline ZombiezuRFER

• Dancing Dragon
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 04:24:40 PM »
Enigne limitations ? No, it's a laziness of the besthesda team ! They were able to implement digi legs to Morrowing but they couldn't do the same to Oblivion ? There are mods for Oblivion with digi legs created by common fans, so it's definitely not an engine limitation.
Oblivion was a simplified version of previous games only with better graphics.
I'm really afraid of what they can do to the beast races in Skyrim =D Maybe this time it will be a common human with cat ears and tail and bethesda will say it's just another variation of khajiit =D
The mods didnt really replace the feet, remember? really all it did was give you "shoes" you couldnt take off, but could wear shoes over.  The engine prevented the from making digi legs.  and the human with cat ears? That already was a variant of Khajiit in previous games.

= Special Operations =

Et tu, Human?

Offline Catfish

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 04:45:48 PM »
So WHY they haven't done the legs that way in original game ?! There are a lot of ways to change the legs.  For me it's just laziness and nothing more.
In previous games they were just a common people with tails, but in 1998 i really didn't care about graphics or character designs. The gameplay and story were the things that keept you playing the game.
Now it's 2011 so they could show some differences in games.  I really don't want simplified version of Oblivion :/

Offline ZombiezuRFER

• Dancing Dragon
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 04:48:10 PM »
I think your being a bit critical.  If it isnt in the vanilla, its in the mods.  You need not worry about anything

= Special Operations =

Et tu, Human?

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Falcon
  • Coloring: blue, tan, brown, and white
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 190 lb
  • Build: Althetically slender
  • Currently: PONIES!
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 04:52:15 PM »
There trying to attract other, more mainstream users. In the process there losing there current users. Its all to make money, and its ruining the game. Daggerfell and Morrowind were games i just couldn't put down. When I finished Oblivion I literally said out load, "thats it? ...seriously?"

It was less roleplaying and more of an attempt to make the game look "epic" that ruined it. It was the makers that tried to make the game what its not.
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling that makes life worth living or dying

Offline Catfish

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 08:43:23 PM »
All we can do for now is just to shout loud and clear : Todd stay away from Skyrim !  ^_^

..Its all to make money...

Sad truth  ^_^ Most of the big game developers still thinking that way.

I think your being a bit critical.  If it isnt in the vanilla, its in the mods.  You need not worry about anything

Yeah Bethesda did a really fine job releasing CS, it's definitely rescuing their games.
I'm usually critical to new games, becouse i was dissapointed too many times =D

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 03:50:46 AM »
Im excited to see how the adventure will be as I have been for some time.  I am sad tht they are changing it more to make it seem like they advance in time cause now it is the 4th era so everything is bound to be some what different.  specially with the dragons and all.   
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline Ren-Kun

• Avid Aardvark
  • May I Have Cookie?
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 07:13:56 AM »
From what I hear, you get an even bigger map than before

TES III and IV use the same sized map and most likely the same will be true for V becaues of how the CS works. All exterior maps can have up to (200cells by 200cells) after that the game will start glitching and you will fall through the ground .... Interior maps however can go on for inf. as far as i know because the game technically counts the whole map as 1 cell. Also I'll be looking for some beta testers for my Oblivion mod if anyone wants to help me out.

The only thing I don't like about Oblivion was the Havex engine, leveling system, and the fact that the Imperial City was tiny even though its suppose to be the biggest city out of all the city's in all the games. The NPC's talking to each other was cool and all but if I hear one more thing about a Mudcrab I'm going to go postal. Though I'm not going to pick on Bethesda for that because they had to rush to finish the game in time so they didn't get to add all of the conversations they wanted to. It would have been nice if it was released as a mod or something later though.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 04:44:43 PM »
Pfft. I'm down.

I don't know why you guys are all complainy about random strange things that I don't even know what you mean, but I recently got Oblivion and I am ADDICTED. It is the best RPG I have played in my entire life. The graphics are beautiful, the quests are epic...the Dark Brotherhood line was especially epic since I love to play evil characters and I managed to acheive the position of Listener in a single night (last night to be specific....yeah I'm running on no sleep). I am a bit depressed that there isn't going to be more to it, I wish it could go on and on with more story. The whole quest line coming to an end over night is really sad, but at least it was an epic run.

In fact, I love Oblivion so much I need to make fan fiction and fan characters! Yay I think I'm going to do a fan comic as well! I can put that random cover I drew to use.

However, even though it is the best RPG ever I do wish that it could have had more variety.

All in all, though, very excited for the new game. Will DEFINITELY buy.
x