The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: LURID - Asylum Decadence  (Read 14163 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: LURID - Asylum Decadence
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2011, 12:02:00 AM »
Akrill stood there as Nero patted his shoulder, and a glimmer of a smile appeared on his face. "Will it be possible for me to leave this place? I want to put my... gift, to the test in a larger area." He tried to keep his hope from magnifying his electricity, but he had not been practicing emotional suppression long enough to keep back his more immature emotions.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2011, 04:38:13 AM »
Nero smirked and ruffled Akrill's hair like one would a child.  "All in good time, dear boy.  Someday you and the others will be able to walk free in the sunshine once again.  Someday soon...we all will."  Nero seemed to drift off in his own thoughts for a moment before shaking his head back into reality.  "But that isn't today...I'm sorry.  You may go into the garden area if you like but I'm afraid that's as large of an area as you can practice in for now."

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2011, 04:19:30 PM »
Rigor lied back onto her bed in her room. Everything was its usual white. She seemed relaxed to be back in a familiar area, free from that fox or anyone else who was prone to bothering her. She yawned, not really out of being tired, but more or less out of being bored. She wished that she could watch the movie the Shining as it was one of her favorites, but that want soon passed as she rolled onto her belly, trying to get comfortable in her room.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2011, 11:10:04 AM »
matt nervously walked down the hall and into the day room, if anyone was in there he didn't notice. a nurse (his faverate nurse) came into the room with a small container. she smiled kindly and handed his the container of food she had kept aside for him. "thank you nurse." "always a pleasure matt. you know you three should get out more, meet some of the others in here." "you know how i am around people. and the others, the only one of us with any people skils is max but he doesn't trust me and bizneg to behave around others. well thanks for lunch, see you again later?" "maybe. but you'll have to talk to those brothers of yours first." "which ones? the ones i can talk to that bizneg can't or the ones i wish i didn't have to talk to sometimes?" <matt and the nurse sitting in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G!> "like right now....."
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2011, 09:22:22 PM »
Akrill nodded, and almost skipped towards the garden. When arriving, he held his arms out and took a drowning breath before exhaling happily. He loosened his grip on his own emotions and let his lightning rod slip out of his arm. The electricity in his lightning rod spread across both arms, and he made bolts of lightning arc into the air. While he enjoyed practicing his gift, but he also had to make sure not to let it go to his head in both the figurative and literal sense.

Otherwise the electricity will hit much more than the occasional hawk or pigeon...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2011, 10:42:22 AM »
matt walked over and sat down next to a window, he watched the person down in the courtyard while quietly eating. he sighed looking down at the stranger before closing his eyes and opening his mind. he mentaly reached out and found a nearby shadow to talk to, ths time it was a small spider on the wall next to him. "well hello there, how are you today?" <fine thanks, it's been a while matt. still having trouble with meeting new people?> "yes it has been a while tilk, and yes. i still havn't gotten over my fear of meeting new people. if you want you can climb down here, you can even make your web in my cell if you want, you know so it doesn't get taken down by the nurses." <that sounds wonderfull. thank you, your always so nice to me.> the small spider climbed down and sat on matt's shoulder. "well you have been a good friend to me." <yes but i am but a spider, no the shadow of a spider. we both know that, and while i may be able to treat this weak minded body as my own i am still nothing more than that. so if i'm moving in with you and your brothers then i'm not going to rest till you get yorself some friends> "but i have friends." "real, non-shadow friends...> "ok, i'll try." the two sat there and matt quietly ate while he and now tilk watched akrill in the courtyard.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2011, 07:11:47 PM »
Katie fell asleep, and she dreamt of drawing....rolling, flowing hills and gardens of her own creation, the freedom to be by herself and do as she pleased. Beautiful worlds of every color, springing from crayon dust to reality. But then it got lonely. She did not like the gardens anymore. There was no-one to share it with. So she remembered the halloween cats, her longtime friends, the ones to never leave her. She drew them as well and they sprang to life more beautiful than any normal black panther or witches' cat. But even this...came to an end. Black shapes tore away at her art--- scratching, horrid claws of pitch black night, claws of reality ---and slowly she awoke.

As she opened her eyes, she felt a bit of regret...the promise of an end to her medication that Nero had proposed was more than alluring but he was a fool to think she had the patience to wait. She was the type to wait only if it fit her current mood. Otherwise, she was the type to never stop until she had exactly what she needed. Right now, she needed out, and was willing to kill anyone who stood in the way of that goal. Maybe there was something she could do to satisfy her own needs yet not end up back in the quiet room for another grand escape attempt. Maybe she needed to be more methodical. There was a plan for her, set in motion by the night himself that she could not deny...a plan she had so generously worshipped for as long as she could remember. She was going to have to try something new. There could be something in Nero or the others that she had not had the desire to investigate up until now.

The cat was still there, snoozing and purring on her chest. She pet it absentmindedly as she pushed herself up to a sitting position. There was no way to destroy the cat yet, as she had no paper, and no utensil. Sometimes the art of drawing seemed to her like the worst sort of witchcraft...Katie could create things, then destroy them with symbols. Hexes. Voodoo.

The thought made Katie shudder every so often, though it was no more appealing than the thought of what she was going to have to do to further her agenda...She was going to have to go against the rules yet again and get herself locked up a second time. Only this time it would be for drawing instead of doing bookwork, perhaps starting a fight to make it noticed, and most prefferably doing something so horrible after that she would be locked up for the whole night. She would draw something so unintelligible that only she could recognize it. This thing she would draw...would be a way to unlock the door to the quiet room and grant her swiftness and shadow from cameras. From there it would be in her hands.

Sasha hurried to her room, mummuring a quiet goodbye to Entaru before slipping away. Once inside, she panted in distress, and like someone possessed, streamlined to her excersise bar and climbed up, wrapping her tail around it before dropping down to hang. She closed her eyes in preperation for a nap, which would clear her mind...She felt something was very, very wrong. Of course, she always felt something was wrong...this may have been no different than all her other superstitions.

Swiftly, a doctor approached Macid's room. An hour late, give or take, which marked him tainted. He was the nervous sort of young recruit, blonde and hurried, and the way he fidgeted made it seem as though he would drop the clipboard in his hands at any second. Beyond a doubt, he was worried of what the patient would do or say, of what Nero would do if he found out he had neglected his schedule. Yet he needed to go anyway.

He pushed the door open and walked in abruptly.

"Hello," he introduced himself. "Macid, is it? I'm your new counselor. Scott Asher." He held out his hand awkwardly and let out a nervous laugh. "I'm new here, so be easy on me, okay?"
x

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2011, 04:18:33 AM »
"You're late, new meat. You were supposed to be here an hour ago." Dicam sat cross legged on the floor staring at Scott. His eyes furrowing in disgust. That they would send a new doctor who couldn't even stay on time. "Hi Scott. That's Dicam, Im Macid. What kept you?" Macid smiled at Scott. It was always nice to meet new people.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2011, 04:26:52 AM »
The doctor pulled his rejected hand back, and though he tried to do it unnoticed, it was obvious what he was doing as he switched between glancing at Macid and glancing at the information on the clipboard. "I can see that you are never alone, are you? What with Dicam to keep you company. It's nice to have...people you can trust." The doctor sat down on the bed and smiled at the lynx. "Today we aren't going to be invasive. No  tests. No notes. No bookwork. Just plain and simple chatting. So tell me...what would you like to accomplish in your time here? Have any goals? Plans for when you leave?"
x

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2011, 04:32:54 AM »
Dicam burst out laughing. His laughter loud and almost like a super villain would do. Just as suddenly as it began, he stopped with a smile on his face. "Do you really think I'll be able to leave?" "You ******* idiot! We can't leave! What makes you think they'll ever let us leave here? And goals? Ha! The only goal is to survive!" Macid was still sitting on the floor as he argued with Dicam. "But Scott just said we might be able to leave? Why would he say that if we couldn't ever leave?" Macid looked up at the doctor, hoping for an answer.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2011, 02:41:22 PM »
"I wouldn't." the doctor smiled again, as fake as a smile created with plastic surgery, but the words he spoke rang truth. Murky truth, but still truth. "Those patients who...complete the program are indeed allowed to leave. It just takes some dedication. Yes, dedication to yourself and the program." Scott quickly jotted some notes down, keeping what he wrote hidden from view.
x

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2011, 05:56:01 PM »
"Program." Macid pondered the thought. He thought the program meant him getting better. But the way he said it made it sound like something else. "Tell me of this program doc, I'm just dying to know more." Dicam fidgeted a bit in his spot. Being apart of these interrogations was never something he enjoyed. "Their not interrogating us Dicam, they're trying to help us. I'm sorry about him. He doesn't like being asked so many questions." Macid smiled at Scott. "But I too am interested in this program. What exactly is it?"

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: March 09, 2011, 06:06:06 PM »
The doctor was startled...he....had no real answer to define the program appropriately. "Well...it's what you've been doing. And what you should keep doing. Your bookwork, working with counselors to find a solution to your problems. Once you get to a certain level of study, you move up to being a mentor, like Rigor. And, after that, who knows?" He did not exactly hit the nail on the head there. Nero himself would be dissapointed in such a reply. "But...there are some patients who excel faster than others, and it is to them we grant a- special audience, a hearing of sorts to see if they are ready to...leave, yes, ready to leave." The young doctor fumbled again, he knew he was saying all this wrong, and it was the doctor who wanted to leave, get away from this stress. A bead of sweat formed on his neck. He was too young, a fresh graduate, he shouldn't be given this responsibility...
x

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2011, 06:54:57 PM »
a tall dark green scaled lizard walked up behind matt and smiled softly at him while e was talking to the small spider, she walked over and sat down next to him, startling him a bit. she giggled when he jumped slightly. "ricca, i didn't hear you come in." "good afternoon to you to matt. i thought you'd still be in your room." "no, we can't just stay locked up all day. you know full well that your brothers body needs occasional sunlight, or we get sleepy." <you know you love it> <i do> "guys, i'm trying to have a conversation." "tell them to behave. remember i know you three the better than anyone outside your head." <did she just threaten me?> "no bizneg, your just intelectualy disabled> "die for your incolence!> the two personalities started mentaly hitting each other and only matt could hear the punches and such. "i swear these two are going to put all three of us in an early grave..."

Offline Dementius (Sir Crocodile)

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Bang.
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin/Fox (I tend to switch between the two)
  • Coloring: Tan
  • Build: Average
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2011, 06:42:27 PM »
The door opened, and Crocodile slipped out. Did they honestly think it was that hard to get the door open? The young fox looked up at a grated vent. He crouched down, shook his haunches, and sprang up, grabbing the vent. His weight was far too much, and he fell to the floor, the vent's grate coming down as well, making a tremendous crash. Croc froze with terror. Nobody was coming. Yet. He picked up the vent and sprang up again, scrambling into the vent. He put the vent back in place and proceeding to slowly, and somehow, silently, crawl through the venting. He read the cold steel. Nothing too spectacular. As he continued through the vents, thinking about his good fortune, Crocodile didn't notice a distinct 'thwum, thwum, thwum'-ing noise. As he rounded a corner, he went to scream and his air was sucked from his lungs. A gigantic fan was spinning before him, sucking in warm air and spewing out cold. He felt himself slipping... He tried to grip the metal, but to no avail. A piece of his tail fur was sliced into the fan. Pain shot up Crocodile's spinal column, and his grip slipped, and he just barely caught himself, not two inches in front of the fan. His tears of absolute terror were sucked in. He had to grab his tail to keep it out of the deadly spinning fanblades. His energy was fading, dying didn't seem too bad to the alternative of this hospital.

Suddenly, he just let himself go, and as he fell through the blade, 'Dance Dance' by Fallout Boy became stuck in his mauled head as his limp, unconscious, but barely alive body hit the cold steel, fell through the grating, and hit the concrete floor in the community room.
I paraphrase Winston Churchill:
May God have mercy on my enemies who think I yiff, because I sure as hell won't!