The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shattered Dreams  (Read 7121 times)

Mr.Mustard

Shattered Dreams
« on: January 31, 2011, 12:15:25 AM »
James paced the length of his study. The 67-year-old millionaire knew his business, and knew this would be the most important deal of his life. He had a way of manipulating people to his advantage, and had everything perfectly planned. James sat down at his expensive desk, and started writing the invitations to his heirs. Be the end of the week, he was going to be 6 feet under, and one person was going to be six million dollars richer.

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic short haired cat
  • Coloring: snow white fur, slightly wavy white hair, emerald green eyes
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 125 Lb
  • Build: athletic, slender, agile
  • Currently: Attending college like a boss
Re: Shattered Dreams
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 12:26:15 AM »
all I want is a simple, utopian life, but noooooo... Rachel was sipping coffee at her small desk in her office, her secretary, Catie, a woman about her age, pretty domesticate cat female, she typed quickly away at her computer. Rachel skimmed through her files, bored out of her wits.

I am not making any more RP's. I may join one but right now, I have no patients to create RP's anymore.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 12:38:47 AM »
Fred decided to close his shop early. There wasn't much traffic today and he was kinda tired anyway. Locking the door and switching the sign off, he went into the backroom where he had his own little "haven" he called it. It had an old rocking chair, a jukebox, and an old coke machine. Taking one out and popping the top off, he sat down in the chair and turned on the box to some slow lounge music. As he sank back into the chair, he started to drift away into a light sleep.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 12:47:16 AM »
Drake chewed on a cigarette as he stared at his blank computer screen. He still couldn't think of a thing to write. This novel was going nowhere! He decided to sleep early, everything was confusing him
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 12:54:56 AM »
Sasha sighed and plopped down on her bed, another exhausting day of excelling behind her. So much to do, so little time to do it in. She took a deep breath and allowed the reality of being home to sink in before she grabbed her backpack, always  ready for more work.
x

Mr.Mustard

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 01:00:54 AM »
James, his back cracking, handed the invitations to his servant to mail out. All of the people were related in some way to him, although he had no surviving family. A business owner, who had beat him in a battle of zoning regulations and was allowed to keep his pawn shop. A novelist, who James had banned from his chain of bookstores. A detective, who had investigated an arson case that James had instigated. Last, but not least, a brilliant high school student, who had written an unflattering article exposing some of Jame's dealings in organized crime for her town's paper. One of them was walking away a millionaire.

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 01:11:23 AM »
Rachel was looking through her photo album... her family, her husband...all of them dead. she shed a few tears before closing the book. she decided to close for the day, angrily she left. she walked down the rainy streets to her small apartment building, she was soaked to the bone. though her lovely features still remained. she climbed to the third story, down the hall to her home, opening it she escaped into her sanctuary. she first showered then dressed in her pajamas of soft pants and a form fitting tank top, she turned on the TV for the news, more corruption... more everything negative.  

Post Merge: January 31, 2011, 02:41:44 AM
***later***

Rachel ordered Pizza, she had to much. she knew there was a girl next door named Sasha... she took some of the Pizza and walked down the hall to her apartment. knocking on her door she waited casually.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 02:42:58 AM by Emrelda TripleMoon »

I am not making any more RP's. I may join one but right now, I have no patients to create RP's anymore.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 03:51:49 AM »
Sleep eluded drake. Dang, he thought, this is not gonna reflect well on his work...suddenly he heard something drop through his mail slot. He ran over and found a letter from...that man (that was all drake was willing to think of him as now). It was an invitation. Did that old dragon really think that he could invite drake after what he did??? No! Drake considered throwing the invite away. Then a thought played across his mind and he went over to his desktop computer to book travel plans...

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 11:58:57 PM »
Rachel knocked on Sasha's door again..."I hope she is home." she said softly. "the pizza starting to get cold"

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 12:07:51 AM »
Drake walked down the hallway. Nothing to be done...he looked around for inspiration when he ran into a woman knocking on an apartment door

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 12:09:44 AM »
Rachel raised an eyebrow at the kid, smoking, she frowned "your too young to smoke there kid" she said slowly. her lovely eye held a light of of amusement as she flashed him a beautiful smile.

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 12:19:22 AM »
Drake blew a cloud of smoke, "please miss I'm a writer, it's okay for me to do stuff that's bad for me," Drake grinned back at the pretty woman and then his eye fell on her pizza

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 12:24:07 AM »
"well, I am a lawyer and a private eye" she glanced at the Pizza then handed it to him. "here, you have it instead"  she walked past him to her apartment "well, good night then" she gave him a smile as she walked back into her home, closing the door.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 12:35:21 AM »
Fred came out of his nap when he heard a knock on his door. He grumbled and tried to go back to sleep but the knocking continued. With a heavy sigh, he got up and walked to the shop's door to see a man in a trench coat standing outside with a letter in his hand. Unlocking the door, he said "Sorry pal, we're closed early today."  "Mr. Jakobs, I have a letter for you from my employer, Mr. Mustard." Fred's face scrunched when he heard that name. He didn't like old people, and Mustard was one of his lowest.  "I've told that codger a thousand times. I'm not selling my shop!" "Mr. Mustard is no longer concerned about your shop Mr. Jakobs. Everything is explained in this letter. I am to ensure that you read it sir." Handing Fred the letter, Fred yanked it out of his hands and ripped it open. Reading it, the man turned and walked away.

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 12:40:46 AM »
Drake sauntered back into his apartment, that Rachael woman...she was something... he thought as he chewed on the pizza. Drake decided that he could probably sleep, so he switched off his (still-blank) computer screen and crawled into bed. He had a plane to catch tomorrow morning, maybe tomorrow he could convince that old (censored) to see his side of the story. Ban his books would that man?? Drake drifted off to sleep, still reflecting on the unchangeable past.