The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Battle for Iodius  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Archmage of the Arcane.
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Height: 5ft 11inches
  • Weight: 133 pounds
  • Build: Lean
Battle for Iodius
« on: February 01, 2011, 08:40:46 PM »
A dark mesa overlooks the valley below it, a scared, battle-weary, no-man's land. The only plant life there is isolated oak trees, and small shrubbery. The yellow grass is littered with scorch marks, broken weapons, armor, and whatever manner of gore war brings with it. Vultures are seen within the fog, when suddenly a strong breeze flows by, the fog rises up and away from the Mesa, and there, Serene, untouched, and dreamlike, is the temple of Iodius. The structure was once a temple dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge, populated by those who moved passed conflict and searched for ways to improve the condition of Humanity. However, when the great wars fell upon the lands, the wise ones within were driven out. The temple was converted into a stronghold, and is now where the war resides. The temple is the only thing that seems unstained by the darkness of battle, its walls are a pristine marble, its surroundings are lush, green grass and tall trees surround the temple, a testament to what the temple once stood for. Iodius emits a peculiar glow, which some books in the temple suggest to be a certain “boost” to those who reside in Iodius. (basically means that if you are in Iodius, your stronger than usual) The only things out of place are the ugly piles of weapons and defenses set up around it, standing out as if from other worlds. Iodius is about to be the epicenters of a great battle.

Ukko Fachtna stands a the head of The Divine Hand's forces, he watches the Temple, looking at every detail, how it seems to defy everything about war, but how it also emanates power. Ukko lifts his staff and looks over his shoulder, his troops were still readying themselves. This is going to be a long war He though to himself as he watched the masses of the Iron horde at the other side of the valley and at his boats, which were still deploying troops onto the shore.

Peace leads to normality, and normality is boring.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
Re: Battle for Iodius
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 09:01:21 PM »
durako walked out of his tent wondering where everyone else had gone. he yawned climbing up onto a hill that led to the valley. "what the...." he looked down to see the rest of the iron horde already marching through the valley towards the army's of the Divine hand. "i hate when they take orders literally...when i say we march at dawn...I DON'T MEAN THAT WE LITTERALY START MARCHING AT DAWN!!!" he grabs his gear and runs after his army so as to not get left behind by his own men.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 09:14:47 PM »
Ukko surveyed his troop's preparations. His ears raised and swiveled, what was that noise? Ukko turned around towards the temple, he heard clanking, like that of metal. Just then the lookout cried. "THE IRON HORDE IS MOBILIZING!" Ukko slamming his staff on the floor among the panic, a shockwave emanating from it, grabbing the troops attention. "Calm yourselves! This is not how the Divine Hand reacts to such a petty challenge. Send out as many troops that are ready, Iodius was picked as a stronghold for a reason and we need to get there first." Ukko ran forward with a group of warriors and mages accompanying him. he looked back, all of his ships had landed now, and most of the troops were almost ready.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 09:58:09 AM »
durako finaly reached the front of his forces panting "you...guys...are a...pain...in the..." at that moment one of the comanders called "the divine hand is charging!" just before durako could finish his sentance everybody around him started charging towards the opposing forces leaving him face down in the sand mumbling to himself. "i hate this job...i wonder if its to late to change my mind and go to jail?"
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 09:39:45 PM »
Ukko's small group of archers stopped and fired their arrows at the Iron Horde, by now the other forces would be making their way up to Ukko and the archers to back them up. The Iron horde and the Divine Hand's forces were about equal. Ukko blinked, he was searching for the commander of the Iron Horde. He skimmed by a couple of interesting things, a warrior adorned with an unreasonable amount of weapons, some oaf face down in the ground, and other notable people, but could not find his target, the commander was his target, the troops could deal with the army.

Offline Lucky

• Boisterous Bear
  • I Find Some Of You Very Creepy
    • Awards
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Height: 5'5
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: normal
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 05:13:41 AM »
Haze was slowly walking behind the main group that charged forward into battle into she came across her commander  face down in the dirt, she sighed as she kicked him in the ribs "get up, poor excuse for a soldier we have work to do, well i have work to do that is" she said as she reached down and grabbed him by the hair and pulling him up "i don't have a problem with killing you here and now, as far as anyone else knows you could have been killed in battle, now on your feet and give me my orders, HQ said you could use my talents"

Pet's name: Lucky

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 05:52:27 AM »
((hair? i don't have any.....))

"for now.....um...i guess you can just...you know kill the people not wearing our emblem." max looked down and noticed his beret, the only thing he was wearing that wore the emblem, on the ground next to him. he quickly grabbed it and put it on. "just go have fun or what ever you do in a battle. to be honest the only reason i got this job is cos i was the only one near the last commander when he was shot." he picked up his other equipment and started following his army once again once haze was gone.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:07:52 AM by serpington »

Offline Lucky

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 06:06:30 AM »
((oops sorry :p)

"fun..... sure" she said as she watched him run off "i give it 24 hours before he's dead" as soon as he was out of sight she pulled out one of her syringes and injected it into her neck, her eyes rolled back as the poison course through her veins "ya that hit the spot" she said as she started walking towards the battle filed, "nothing like the smell of death to get your morning kicked off right:

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 07:45:33 PM »
Ukko's army reached the archers and backed them up. Ukko moved out of the way as his army fought with that of the Iron horde, cries of men in pain were heard, as they always are during times of war. He looked across the field, beyond the army. It was only then when he realized that the soldier who had face planted on the floor had been the Commander! He didn't think that they had spotted him yet so Ukko moved towards Iodius. He reached the steps of the temple when the fighting escalated to full force.

Offline Lucky

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 11:27:06 PM »
Haze decided to get out of the open before she was spotted by the enemy, big group battles wasn't her thing but killing them one by one was "well guess i will start with there commander and work my way down from there, what i need now is a portal unit" she said as she stuck to the shadows moving her way up on the sides, avoiding the big battle that about to start. a little time had passed by before she saw a patrol unit searching the area, she smiled "just what i was looking for"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:17:28 AM by Lucky »

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 01:25:20 AM »
Ukko stepped onto the very first step of Iodius grounds, the path towards the direct temple was partially obscurred by grass, shrubs, and large roots of tree that had been left to grow for ages. As soon as he stepped onto the path he felt stronger, as if the temple had a life force, and it was sharing it with him. if he could get his forces to defend this position they would have a better chance at the horde, but their escapes would be cut off. Ukko continued walking in the lush grass of Iodius grounds, trying to sneak around to get at the commander.

Offline Lucky

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 04:36:27 AM »
hiding behind one of the old oak trees, she put her hands together and started to concentrate creating a mist around the passing patrol unit. As the mist formed around them they started to spread out, slowly putting one foot in front of the other, there weapons shaking in there hands. there fear gave Haze a twisted pleasure, she loved to see the fear in a persons eyes before she cut them down " three of you, pity, i wanted more" she told them as she made her move, her footsteps were as silent as a feather falling out of the sky, her blades were as swift as a speeding bullet and her poisons were just as deadly. she ran behind one of them and with her daggers out and sliced the back of his neck, cutting right through his spinal cord, before the body had a chance to drop, she threw her other dagger and hit the skull of another guard. the sound oh her comrades bodies hitting the ground simultaneously scared the last one, she started to run but didn't get far before one of haze's paralyzing needles hit her in the back, parlaying her from the neck down. Haze walked up to her "now your going to tell me about yourself and your commander" she said as she injected her truth serum into her
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:30:36 AM by Lucky »

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 05:50:51 AM »
She lay there, fear in her eyes, why was this happening? why to her? She tried to resist, but she couldn't she began spewing out information to the assassin. "I am just a lowly guard. Please Don't kill me!" She began to weep, the serum, however, forced her to continue. "My commander! H-his...name is.. u-Ukko f-Fachtna..." Why couldn't she stop, she was supposed to be fearless, and here she was handing information over to an enemy. "B-by...now he sh-ould have... already reached.... Iodius..."

Meanwhile

Ukko walked the perimeter of the temple, he was just about around it now, soon he would engage the enemy from behind, and slay the commander. His battlemages kept him updated on the battle as it progressed. "Commander, permission to utilize the catapults to decimate The Iron Horde?" He heard in his head "Granted." He sent to the mage's mind. He reached the other side of Iodius, the temple was magnificent, after this was all over he would have to come back and study it.

Offline Lucky

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 09:15:06 AM »
"himm so you don't say, Ukko Fachtna and Iodius" she said as she picked up the guards sword "thank you for the wonderful intel there's just one more thing i need to do" she said as she  sliced off the guards head "i need your armor" the mist was clearing up and Haze had already changed into the guards armor, she cut herself a few times to make it seem as if there had been a big fight "now to limp my way right into there base and continue the hunt"

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 09:59:37 PM »
The Divine hand's forces began rolling out the catapults and putting them to use. Ukko moved behind the Iron Horde's troops. "Now it gets interesting." Ukko's runes began to glow a bright green as a deep green looking energy surrounded his paws, he pointed at a soildier and watched him be consumed by vines. A couple other soldiers caught wind of this and attacked him. "Good, now I can get some action, now if only these soldiers were more of a challenge..."