The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Battle for Iodius  (Read 2866 times)

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
Re: Battle for Iodius
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 10:34:53 PM »
max noticed a mage attacking his troops from behind. "oi! attack them and you deal with me!" he said running over drawing his sword. two other soldiers followed close behind him. the three ran up to Ukko and quickly surrounded him. "and don't think those catapults will do much ,i already sent a runner to aleart our catapults and our other suprise."

up on the hill overlooking the battle 30 large catapults and 20 large crossbow like launchers took aim on both the other catapults and the battle while lighting their munitions.

meanwhile the entire iron horde moved into a defensive positions, all moving into a large circles of Shields and spears with archers hailing arrows over the perimeters of the safe zones while men threw bottles of both flamable and explosive materials into the crowds between the circles of shields.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Archmage of the Arcane.
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Height: 5ft 11inches
  • Weight: 133 pounds
  • Build: Lean
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 10:58:01 PM »
Ukko drew his staff, his runes glowed as the commander spoke. "Divert forces! move towards Iodius, take a defensive position there as fast as you can, and stay out of sight of the Mesa!" Ukko sent the message to his main battlemage, who in turn yelled the order to the army. The mages attempted to shield the army from the arrows, the army disengaged quickly from the Iron Horde and the fire. They retreated towards Iodius.

Ukko stood there with his staff extended. "So my sources tell me you are the commander? Then lets get started." Ukko clawed his hand upwards and had a human sized chasm open up underneath one guard and smacked the other with the spiked end of his staff in his confusion. Then he pointed it at the commander. "Now shall we exchange names before the bloodshed? I would care to know who I'm about to kill."

Peace leads to normality, and normality is boring.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 11:07:59 PM »
"oh.....forgot about that......" the iron horde ran after the devine hand quickly while holding a firm defensive line. "don't worry, i didn't want the job. max, and you?" he asked preparing for the fight ahead. "this'll be a drag."
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 11:17:53 PM »
"Pleasure to meet you, my names Ukko Fachtna. But your still the commander, and my main objective as of now, is to get rid of you." Ukko flung his staff at max's knees.

The Divine hand continued towards Iodius but the catapults took longer, they lagged bhind and fired their large projectiles at the following enemy.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 06:03:17 PM »
max quickly jumped the staff and swung his sword downwards at ukko's head.

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 09:28:28 PM »
Ukko flicked his right wrist backwards, swinging the staff above his head, and into his left hand. He caught the sword in the middle of his staff and shoved it off. he back stepped and charged his arm with arcane magic, it glowed a sinister red as Ukko held his staff outward.

meanwhile The Divine hand had reached Iodius and were beginning to take their defensive position, the presence of Iodius bolstered their speed and had them set up faster.

Offline Lucky

• Boisterous Bear
  • I Find Some Of You Very Creepy
    • Awards
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Height: 5'5
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: normal
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 09:28:17 AM »
watching the Devine hand be pushed back into Iodius "here goes nothing" she said as she limped up to one of there guards "please...help me i have... a message for commander ukko, i must speak....speak with him" the guard rushed her to there med bay, Haze's acting wasn't the best but it worked most of the time, especially with war going on, there were bound to be wounded on the battlefield.

Pet's name: Lucky

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 09:07:22 AM »
"well this should be fun." max carefully watched his foe. studying him while slowly moving forward, trying to move him back away from the empty camp. "you think your the only one who knows a trick or two. well i've got something planed for you."

the iron horde pushed forward, slowly moving onto the sacred ground behind their shields. new found strength flowing into them as they huddled together with only small gaps between their shields for spears and so they could see and fire arrows.

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 08:45:21 PM »
"Most likely you do, but there is one thing that makes me a bit better, I have more tricks." The read light quickly hovered down to Ukko's leg as he stomped on the ground. The earth had a small and quick tremor before the ground underneath his foe exploded out from underhim, leaving a 7 foot deep pit.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2011, 08:54:26 PM »
max quickly grabbed the edge of the pit, his sword dropping  to the bottom. "well this isn't good..." he quickly scooped up his sword with his tail and started stabbing at Ukko with it while climbing out of the pit his opponant had dug with his magic. "why did you lot have to be an army devoted to magic?! why couldn't you be pacifists? this would be over peacefully then."

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2011, 10:33:09 PM »
Uko backstepped out of Max's range. "Because intelligent beings are fickle creatures, they crave vanity and conflict, without it their lives would be devoid of interest. All in all, Peace. Is. Boring." Ukko raised his staff. "Now lets actually get started then shall we?" He felt himself drained a bit Don't go overboard now, can't waste all your energy on him.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 09:15:04 AM »
"well i don't know about that. i'd prefere the quiet life, but we gotta do what we gotta do." he droped his sword into his hand and took a defensive stance, ready for the fight to begin. "and could you keep the magic to a minimum? i'm really not in the mood for it today."