The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Regicide OOC/Character  (Read 3588 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
Regicide OOC/Character
« on: February 22, 2011, 01:56:48 AM »
Welcome to Regicide. the game I made where there are the Monarchs
and the Captains.

In Regicide the name of the game of is world domination. It's a medieval type era so technology of the advanced nature is a no go, however magic is allowed if it doesn't WTF pwn everything.
To control everything, I will use a 20 sided dice to decides everything. from the results of combat, to how much income you kingdom makes, to even what type of loot you can get and what units you can zombifiy (if you get the undead faction I want to create)
Game turns will be one block of posting and then I will roll the dice on the actions you wish to take.
For example
Say Unit A attacks Unit B
after the turn is over, I roll the dice to see how Unit A fared against Unit B

Monarchs, in short are the rulers of each kingdom. Each turn they will assign movement orders to the captains, building orders to construct certain buildings, the useage of royal funds to purchase units for the captains to lead into battle, and to manage inter kingdom relations.
For a monarch's character sheet.
The Ruler's Name:
Short History: (and go into the strengths and weaknesses of the kingdom here.)

While the Captains, are the people who take the king's men, and embark upon missions for their lord. Be it hunt down a group of bandits harassing caravans, setting up ambushes, assaulting a city, or burning and pillaging an enemies territory. They will also be responsible for using their units to their best ability. Such as posistioning archers on higher ground and sending spearmen out to attack cavalry for example.

Each spot on the map will have a neutral force defending it at the beginning, so you need force to expand outwards.
Example: The Kingdom of Kingsland wants to expand eastwards. and they are eyeing the Village of Grimmir. Grimmir is infested with bandits who need to be cleared out before the village can join the Empire.

How the turns will play out:
After each turn i will display the results of all the dice rolls. Your corresponding posts must have a description based off that roll
IE,if you absolutely decimate an enemy force, then have your forces overtake them easily. Or if the taxes aren't being paid have your populace be discontent with the current turn of events.
After you fill the details in. You must set up for another action.

The kingdoms:
The only kingdom i will have preset for a player to play is the Necromantic.
They are a force of undead warriors led by a terrible Nercomancer lord. They're unique that instead of gathering taxes, they gather soul power, and they get more soul power per unholy area they control (they must convert a location to an unholy area, which takes 2 turns) The tile would be unusable until it becomes unholy. The undead cannot build a smithy until they establish a Necropolis, which takes quite a bit of soul energy, so until then, they must scavenge all of their equipment, and most of their units are single minded in purpose, but they will never panic and run unless given the order. The Necromantic can also raise the dead of their fallen enemies as new warriors, however this will be done using a six sided dice, with 3 or above resulting in new warriors in varying numbers and quality of equipment, with a 2 and below resulting in the cadavers breaking into dust never to be used. Depending on the unit attempted to bring back, it will have varying quality.

The undead can raise certain types of undead. For example if they take over an orcish tile, they can raise undead orcs into their army.

I will draw up a map once I have at least 2 kingdoms.

Post Merge: February 22, 2011, 02:02:15 AM
A captain's sheet will work like this.
Name:
Short History: (strengths and weaknesses, and preferred units to have in the army)
Preferred Equipment:

Also note that your character can and will gain in level over time, so they will be much more powerful later on then when they begin.
Their roles is to execute the job given to them by the Monarch. They are the lifeblood of the kingdom and lead the armies in battle using a system of messengers so they can fight on the field and still issue orders to their troops.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:02:15 AM by Gabag »

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
Re: Regicide OOC/Character
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 02:12:32 AM »
this sounds quite intruiging. I shall join, but shall submit my own kingdom instead.

Name: King Macid III

Kingdom Name: Frostillicus

Short History: The kingdom of Frostillicus has thrived ever since the first Macid came to the throne. Under his rule, they trained the finest spearmen in the land. His son however, drove the kingdom into poverty and ruin, nearly wiping it off the map. Now the Third Macid has taken the throne, and the kingdom is beginning to thrive once again, but not without its flaws. The spearmen are still being trained as the best, but very few horses remained from the 2nd kings rule. Some villagers still hold great disdain for the king and do what they can do disrupt his influence. Intent on restoring the kingdom to what it once was, King Macid III has set out a plan to capture surrounding kingdoms to further his glorious reign.

Hows that?

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 02:19:08 AM »
Good job
now we need one more kingdom to sprout up and at least 3 captains for each side.
If that doesnt happen naturally I'm going to conduct my infamous private message advertisement campaign.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 05:15:06 AM »
i was going to be a general, seeing as ruling a kingdom is more of a....respontible persons job but neather of them fit me so...

name: king atcher

kingdoms name: shentrana

short history: a long forgoten section of the once great empire of the first of the macids the kingdom lies within a great chasm, the only known means of getting to it is a narrow traiding route that leads through the canyons to the farming lands deep within. the kingdom is renound for it's defensive works and it's archers, and is protected by defensive lines only known to it's contense (note, strong defence and archers, moderate to low close quarters and almost no mounted soldiers)

that any good?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:27:20 AM by serpington »
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 08:07:36 PM »
yes that is terrific
all we need now are captains for each kingdom and we'll get the map and GET UNDERWAY!

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 10:46:33 PM »
I will try my hand at RPing a captain of Frostillicus.

Name: Captain Lukus
Short History: Preferring to fight in a battlefield in which he can employ cheap tactics such as forests and towns, he has no real expertise on an open field. His preferred soldiers are rangers and rogues. His favorite tactic is to employ heavy soldiers up front while the lighter more agile troops flank and provide arrow support.
Preferred Equipment: Medium armor with standard helmet, shortsword and kite shield and a heavy crossbow.
This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 10:57:13 PM »
Then I shall be the captain for Shentrana.

Name: Captain Karasu
Short History: He is honorable and tactical. He prefers to fight in smaller enclosed areas, but can handle large open areas just as well. His preferred soldiers are knights and archers because he believes in a balance of short an long ranged tactics. He prefers to spread his units out in order to be able to take on-comers from all sides.
Preferred Equipment: A light robe so he can move freely and a long Epee. Not much of a multi-tasker, but it allows him to move fast and strike fast.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 11:51:17 PM »
To be perfectly honest Benny
i have never once heard of the word Epee, so I googled it. It checks out.
and Smitty
mind if i call you Captain Lukas Alexander? It's a reference to a character of the same name who was a total hero.

otherwise your both good to go
2 more captains preferred for each side. before i reveal the map and more rules on purchasing units and the manufacture of arms.

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 01:05:33 AM »
Sure, I don't mind being called that. I forgot to put my last name on it anywho!
This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 01:07:36 AM »
I may like to join. :3

How is this gonna be played out by us? Like the Universe RP was, or more focused on just the captains or...?
x

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 01:58:47 AM »
Well the Monarchs pick where you guys go, what units you have, and basically control the management portion.

The Captains do the actual fighting of the kingdom.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 02:04:17 AM »
okay. so as captains we play through the battles. so would it be making up my own kingdom or joining an existing one here?
x

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 02:04:50 AM »
captains join either macid or serpington

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 10:12:53 AM »
quick question, am i permited to join my catains on the feild of battle (with my own set of troops rather than taking theirs) for major battles like between two kingdoms? i was just wondering so i can figure out what kind of king i should be.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 09:48:46 PM »
Entaru would like to take the preset...death and destruction are what I do best and Necromancy is a passion I've had since childhood  >:3