The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Halo: Scattered Realities  (Read 6558 times)

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
Re: Halo: Scattered Realities
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 10:11:52 PM »
Leo grimaced as the Spartan went up “Right… first rule about Spartans… don’t mention anything near a Spartan.” He sighed as he followed the group. There was really no safe way to get either vehicle down, the roof of the building being badly damaged signaled that both vehicles were somehow launched onto it. Taking the driver seat of the warthog he carefully rolled it off the tank and repositioned it on the roof. “Again… don’t ask how we managed a tank on the roof… I was actually banned from driving an Elephant from my sergeant before he died… for somehow finding a way to flip it.” He said hopping out attaching and unhooking the warthog from the tank, before hopping back in the warthogs driver seat.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 09:19:05 AM »
realising the flaw in his plan max thought about another one. he swung the tanks barrel around and put a shell into the slightly taller builsing nextdoor "drive the warthog in there, all of you follow." once this was done he got out and looked at the roof under his feet. "see ya on the ground floor!" with that he jumped hevily on the tank causing the roof to crack, he jumped back in the tank just as it gave way dropping the tank through the five floors before he drove it through the front door. he poked his head out and looked ab the soldiers back up in the other building. "you coming or what?!"
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 09:44:08 PM »
Leo gave the hole a nervous glace as it was just right next to the exit he wanted them to take. He would look around for a bit and sigh "Hey who ever you are on the turret... hold on tight" he said before turning the wheel all the way to the right and shifted the vehicule in reverse. He would quickly floor the pedal causeing the warthog to do a semi-circle before it launched off the roof and crashed into the ground with a flip then landing on all fours with all the passengers safe.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 10:48:05 PM »
Chris's pod crashed through the trees on Reach, right in front of a Scorpion, piloted by a lizard. 'You.' He said, pointing to the lizard. 'Why haven't you evac'd yet?' He glanced at the Warthog that had just landed. 'Nice driving.' he said. Behind him, over 1000 grunts had started a charge, 200 jackals behind them, and 50 elites, followed by innumerable banshees and wraiths. Without looking, he pointed behind him. 'They're coming for us. You ready?' He jumped out of his pod, and onto the tank, cracking the alloy. He climbed to the highest point and pulled out his sniper rifle. 'You all ready? If not, too bad, 'cuz we gotta get the hell out of here.'
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 03:35:19 PM by Daemon »

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 01:51:11 AM »
(Could you please set up a good entrance for me? Make things seem hopeless... well, more hopeless than it already is.)
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 05:15:38 AM »
(this isn't hopeless, it's called a scorpian tank and I'M NOT A SNAKE!!! just make your entrance however you want, the elephant is not a tank its more of a moving comand center and i'm a lizard)

"i just got here about ten minutes ago! same way you did." max looked over at the onslaught of enemy forces on their way and smiled. "i'll do what i can but no promises." ODST's jumped on the tank and grabbed out their heavy weapons ready for a fight, the corpral moved over to the marine and smirked under his tinted helmat, kid, welcome to the hell jumpers." was all he said giving the marine an ODST helmate and patting him on the shulder. "if we get out of this, i'm getting you drafted to my squad, that sound good to you?"
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 05:49:41 AM »
(Serpington, it's Reach. There is NO way to save the planet. That's the hopelessness.)

Meanwhile, somewhere near the two parties, a lone Spartan walked across the war-torn surface of Reach, sadness coursing through his mind.

Darn Covennant, he thought. Why must they take life and cut it shorter than it is to begin with?

The Spartan suddenly heard gunfire.

UNSC troops! he thought. I must help them!

Unslinging his rifle, he sped towards the sounds of the gunfire, with only one thing on his mind:

Keeping the Covenant from killing his allies.

Upon reaching the battle, he crouched down and surveyed the situation. Around 13 O.D.S.T.s and another of his Spartan bretheren were fighting off a bunch of Covenant.

Time to play interference, he thought, heating up his rifle.

The Spartan snuck from his hiding place around to the back of the Covenant lines, then jumped out, firing his rifle into the mass of ugly beasts.
"Suck lead, you attercops!" he screeched, pumping the trigger as he ran wildly back and forth, killing some Grunts and managing to make a few weapons malfuncion before the first round was out. Then, pulling out his magnum, he fired at them while he reloded his rifle. then, taking cover, he reloaded his magnum, picked up some discarded, empty, broken m7s, taped some sharp shards of shrapnel to them, and threw them at two different Elites, hitting each one in the chest. Picking up their needlers, he fell back and stated blasting at the Covenant with their own tech.
(I'm going to stop here for now.)
(How's THAT for a big entrance?!)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 06:22:39 AM by Cifero Windtail »
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Height: 6' 9&quot; dued to long animalistic like hind legs
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 02:42:32 PM »
The marine grinned at the corpral "Sounds good sir" he said before swapping his helmet out and shifting the warthogs gears once again to forward drive. He pulled out his assault rifle and quickly ran a check over it to make sure it wasn't jammed before turning the vehicule around pointing to the crowd. "Ah... well... this doesn't look to bad... at least their isn't a hunter." he commented before turning his head to the other spartan.

"Im going to grab the other bucket!" he yelled out before stomping on the gas pedel. The warthog plowed through several grunts sending them either up high into the air or underneath the warthog. Grunting, he made a sharp turn as an elite jumped onto the hood, throwing it off ballance. The cat made yet another turn in the opposite direction causeing the elite to hang off on the driver side where the alien was immediately slamed into a boulder.

He drove up a small hill and went flying into the air landing next to the spartan with a loud booming crash. "Your chariot of firecrackers awaits!"
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 08:30:30 PM »
"hay kid, thats what this is for." max fired a round into the groud while the corpral jumped on the turrent "MARINES!! GIVE!! THEM!! HELL!!" at that moment the ODST's lined up firing squad style with rocket launchers, the corpral grabbing one himself, "3...2...1...FIRE!!!!" eleven rockets, a tank shell and machine gun fire hailed into the inconing army. the ODST's fired of their second shots and discarded the, now out of ammo, rocket launchers before falling back to the tank and worthog. max started moving the tant in reverse, unloading a shell everytime one finished loading, the corpral going through belt after belt of ammonition on the scorpians turrent and each of the ODST's continualy switching out a weapon for one they found on the ground because they ran out of ammo for the one in their hands.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 01:31:01 AM »
Meanwhile, Phantom had just taken cover and was about to begin another volley from the needlers when an elite jumped out from the other side and fired its needler right at him.

"AGH!"
The purple spike went right through his upper arm, causing him to drop his own needler. At the same time, the other needler started to malfunction. Phantom threw it into the Covenant forces, where it blew up, killing more Grunts. The elite looked away to view the destruction...

And was immediatly given a faceful of lead.

Phantom breathed heavily, his injured left arm out in front of him with his miniturized Lucifer arm-mounted gatling gun smoking from its nozzles. Sheathing it, Phantom carefully grabbed hold of the spike and wrenched it from his shoulder. Checking his wound, he found that the needle had given him a pretty bad gash, but that nothing was broken and that no vital arteries had been cut. But he did notice something rather strange on the Elite.

Its other sidearm.

Crawling over to the dead Elite, Phantom pulled the firearm out of its holster. It looked like a strange mixture of the Covenant energy pistol and the Green Hornet's gas gun.
Interesting, he thought as he shoved the gun in a pouch on his armor. I wonder what Cato will think of thisCRAP!

Two grunts were losing in on his position. Something popped up from behind cover. The grunts blasted it, then ran behind the barrier to find...
A melted Mark IV Spartan helmet.

Nearby close to the other Spartan and the O.D.S.T.s, the injured Spartan cat picked up an ownerless Hayabusa helmet and pulled it over head. That was close, Phantom thought, picking up a staff with a large blue light crystal attached to it (the standard-issue Covenant flashlight), a discarded MA5b rifle, 30 extra clps for the MA5B, and an extra combat knife. I hope there's a medic somewhere, he thought. *I won't be any use to UNSC if I bleed to dea... HEY!*

Phantom's hopes leaped as he noticed a discarded medical pack lying nearby. He quickly snatched it up and began to dress his wound.

LATER

*Well, that was convenient,* Phantom thought after he patched himself up. He looked up at the sky.

*I guess my guardian angels are looking after me...*

(I had to switch my thought formatting because the italics were messing up my typing.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 02:42:54 AM by Cifero Windtail »

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2011, 03:50:13 AM »
The air was cool against his face as Chino rode shotgun in a Warthog. There was a convoy of three of them, returning from a small skirmish so that the vehicles could be repaired, refuelled and restocked with ammunition. They traversed over the rocky terrain, not saying much as they were all exhausted from the fighting and just wanted a nice hot meal to ease the pain. The convoy rounded a corner and the men shouted their relief that they were nearly there. Nearly home. Then, everything took on an eerie silence as the warthogs slowed to cross a small bridge.

Chino thought he heard a small 'whoosh' of air whistle past his ear, louder than the wind from the warthogs speed. He was about to comment when it seemed like the world erupted around him, a flash of blue light was all he saw as he got thrown from the warthog, cracking his head on a rock, he slipped into unconsciousness. There he lay for minutes or hours, it didn't seem to matter to him. Eventually, consciousness returned to the marine, he sat-up and looked around, half expecting to be in his cot at the base.

Instead his eyes were met with the wreckage of the convoy he had been riding in. The flames rose high in the air as it burned through the compounds within it. He was kind of glad that they had used up their ammo and most of their fuel, otherwise he probably wouldn't have survived. Shaking his head, he felt a faint ringing in his ear that he couldn't get rid of. After a few moments, the medic stood up and looked around, he saw a few men sprawled near the wreckage. He checked the bodies to see if they were just knocked out. But they were not as lucky.

Chino decided he still had to make it to the base, maybe he could help hold off the covenant attack and help them escape with their lives. He looked at Echo ONI base and saw the plumes of black smoke coming from within. Mustering up some strength, he ran towards the base. Once he had gotten to the walls, he saw the plasma scoring and the blood, too much of it was human. Taking a few steps into the base, he looked up and  super-heated plasma streaked past his head, leaving a bright purple after image burned into his pupils. Chino threw himself back behind a half melted crate of UNSC supplies and rubbed his eyes "Bloody covenant and their bright bullets. I swear they do that on purpose." The medic looked around, making sure his eyesight was back to normal before attempting the run again, only to return back a few milliseconds later, scrunching his eyes again, a few strands of his beard had been sizzled off too "Blast them! I swear bright bullets will be the death of me. right, new tactic." Once he had recovered, he looked at his surroundings and found a small opening in a vent.

A few minutes and a lot of curses later, Chino was on the other side of the wall and in the Non-military staff mess hall. Looking around he found the place deserted. "this is not a good sign...no alarms, no nothing". He swallowed his feeling of dread and opened the door at the far end of the mess. He checked and then checked again to make sure it was clear before making a bee line straight towards ops. Stopping just short of the corridor where ops was located, he checked around the corner and his heart sank as he saw two elite majors guarding the doors. He cursed silently as he thought his plan through. coming up with an idea, he kicked a crate over, sending it's contents all over the floor. Hoping this would grab the elites attention, he hid behind a table in the adjacent room and waited for the elite to pass before sneaking up behind him and slashing his throat, rendering him unable to scream. Chino let the elites limp body hit the floor in the hopes of getting the second one curious. Unfortunately for Chino the second one was more curious than he anticipated and rounded the corner before the medic could hide.

The Major elite expressed a small shout of surprise as he beheld the medic and then went for his plasma rifle. Seizing the opportunity, Chino stabbed the elite through the skull, retrieving it once the elite had fallen. The shaken, hungry and tired marine walked slowly towards the Ops centre ever cautious and alert, like a meerkat on the plains. Pushing the door to, he beheld a smaller than average jackal with a tool box of some description taking apart the comms system.

Chino let out a quick shout and whacked the jackal in the beak, he grabbed it while it was stunned and then twisted it's neck until he felt te satisfying snap under his hands.

Grabbing a radio he sent a broadcast:

This is Mike 87 requesting extraction or support, location is 187, 622 Echo ONI installation, Sit rep is FUBAR, I repeat this is Mike 87 requesting extraction or support, location is 187, 622 Echo ONI installation, Sit rep is FUBAR, can anybody hear me?

(sorry about long post, I got carried away :/)

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Muscular Bear182

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Bear
  • Coloring: Black and red and purple
  • Height: 6ft 7in
  • Weight: 385
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 04:32:51 AM »
(Hope I can post I think this would be an interesting way to come in, if not I'll delete)

Tony (Skyman) had been launched towards the Echo ONI Installation, hearing of a covenant attack on the base. After Being dropped he woke up after a rougher than usual landing, but not to shaky to hear his comm, "This is Mike 87 requesting extraction or support, location is 187, 622 Echo ONI installation, Sit rep is FUBAR, I repeat this is Mike 87 requesting extraction or support, location is 187, 622 Echo ONI installation, Sit rep is FUBAR, can anybody hear me?" Came through statiky but he could make out the words. "Mike 87 this Gulf 53 I have landed," He checked his hud reveling he was about three klicks from the base, "Three klicks away, stay calm support is on the way." Skyman kicked open his pods door and walked out. He took a deep breath and anayzed for a good path to take. He saw a destroyed convo up the road a bit and decided to take his chances.

After running for an hour the ODST came across a horrific scene, "Must've been an ambush. Damn those alien freaks." He searched for some ammo but found nothing useful. Tony looked for a quick way to make it to the base quickly then he noticed a grunt ghost patrol. "Well this just got interesting." He said aloud. He grabbed hold of the SMG tighter and found a vantage point. He waited until the convo was in his LOS. He fired off a three round burst taking down the first grunt and then a second burst at the other before he realized what happened.

After familarizing himself witht the controls of the ghost he sped down the towards the base, only stopping as he was at the main gate.

"I have made here. To Echo ONI where are you located?"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 09:48:45 PM by Muscular Bear182 »

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 04:55:30 AM »
Chino was about to repeat his message again when he heard a response. it was faint and full of static, but he could make out the words. he gripped the receiver so hard his knuckles turned white "Roger, expect moderate resistance, I think most of them have moved out.". He set down the assault rifle on the table next to the radio "My position is the operation centre, North western quadrant. Out". He set down the receiver and grabbed his rifle. He propped open the doors to signal the ODSTs where he was and to provide some cover in case the Covenant decided to return. He looked back and the proceeded to the main computer where the jackal had been working. with a few keystrokes, he downloaded all of the relevant data they had acquired relating to defence programs on a small disk. after he had acquired it, he deleted all of the computer files. He already knew the base was lost and so didn't want to give them any useful information.

Sticking the disk in a pouch on his belt, he came out of the ops centre and waited in the hallway for his rescue.

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 12:25:20 PM »
Chris heard a static coming from his comm. He pulled it out. 'You there still? Spartans and Marines at...' He checked his map, and saw a blue dot, roughly 6 clicks south of his location. '6 clicks north of you. Scorpion tank, routing to you. Hold tight.'
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 03:35:42 PM by Daemon »

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 01:02:16 PM »
"this is marco-three-nine, pop the doors and let us in. nine ODST's, two spartans, a scorpian and a warthog rolling your way, hope you don't mind but we're bringin' some resistance with us. do you copy mike87?" the scorpian rolled slowly backwards, the corpral layed out on the front, injered but still firing "we have two injered and three down, do you have a medic on site?"