The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Not sure what to think  (Read 473 times)

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
Not sure what to think
« on: May 01, 2011, 10:03:32 PM »
I've been having feelings lately, a lot lately.  Recently I've found myself attracted to men.  I never really liked women to begin with but I never really liked men either.  But now I find myself liking both.  I talked to me best friend about it and he's convinced that I'm just bi-curious.  But I don't get it because I've never been attracted to anybody, male or female.

Anybody have any input on the situation?

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
Re: Not sure what to think
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 10:06:54 PM »
My advice?

Sit down, take a deep breath, calm down and riddle me this:
Does it matter?

Honestly, I am not trying to sound cold or anything, but sexuality is extremely overrated. Just accept it. Today, you like men. Tomorrow, you see a pair of breasts that catch your attention. Big deal.

:D

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 10:09:14 PM »
lol well that's one way to look at it I guess.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 10:35:51 PM »
Indeed. Stressing it will only make you feel more uncomfortable when you really should just make the best out of things and be happy with that. I can understand that a person's history and current life might make sexuality complicated, but as long as you have the freedom to give a darn, do so.

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 10:39:33 PM »
the thing is my dad has called me gay nearly everyday of my life because I didn't like girls and I live in a big christian community.

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 10:42:21 PM »
Its part of growing older.  you enter that phase of attraction and stuff.  You may experience a whole new form of thinking.  
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline Lizzy

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Hopefully it's Temporary
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard / Rodent
  • Coloring: White and Black
  • Height: 4feet 3inches
  • Weight: 82lb
  • Build: Thin
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 06:26:06 AM »
I call it second puberty. A lot of people i knew went through it. It's just like this discovery that there are some mighty fine bodies out there. it's totally natural and pretty normal now. Don't worry about it just go out and experience your options.

Offline HyperKat

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop-eared Rabbit
  • Coloring: Cream with tawny spots
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 05:09:11 PM »
I agree with The Great Puncia, sexuality is merely a label, that's all it is.

When you're not attracted to people that's know as Asexuality if that's what you're asking though. The fact is sexuality is fluid, people change.

I personally find myself less attracted to people than the rest of my peer group or society in general but I also have a personal view that if I do really love someone, they could be an extra terestrial for all I care =P as long as they have feelings, emotions, maturity, etc...

By those definitions, I'm technically Pansexual and also maybe Asexual but one day I stopped myself when I was thinking about it and just said to myself... "Y'know what? Why does it matter? It's a label and why should I need to categorize myself for the rest of society, I'm not pansexual, I am simply myself!"

Now I just feel happier that I'm not forcing myself into a category, that I'm happy I'm simply myself :)
http://advice.abanix.com/ - Talk to us anonymously about any problems you have or simply any questions you have regarding issues not spoken of (E.g. Depression, sexuality, etc) and PASS IT ON! =D

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 08:40:01 PM »
Well, good advice guys.  I should stop thinking of it as a label I suppose.  Thanks guys

Offline KJOokami

• Avid Aardvark
  • | Lackadaisical Enthusiasm |
  • Species: Wolf-dragon hybrid
  • Coloring: Black and gray with various red markings
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 135 lbs
  • Build: Lanky, but with well-toned muscle
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 07:28:41 AM »
Well, if your dad's been condescendingly referring to you as gay for quite a while already, then being bi outta be a step up, ya? Lol.

But in all seriousness, the others have the right idea. Sexuality, as controversial a thing as it is nowadays, is really quite a trivial detail. If you're attracted to men, you're attracted to men. If women are what get you going, good on ya! If you don't give a damn either way, that's perfectly fine too! And if you don't care about either one, you're still not alone. It's best to just embrace the fact that you are who you are, and no matter which side of the spectrum you fit into, there's always someone else who's gonna fit in right next to you. No need to fret. :)

If what you're worried about is being outcast by the more outspoken religious folks in your area, then just don't tell them. There's no reason for you to go marching around town with a banner telling everyone that you're gay/bi/asexual/whatever. It's no one's business but your own and those you deem worthy to know.
~~~~~~~
It's an insanity thing; you wouldn't understand.
Avatar done by the wonderful KaprikaAZ! Thanks, Kat!