The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: My upcoming furry story  (Read 2404 times)

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
My upcoming furry story
« on: June 23, 2011, 02:48:50 AM »
Hey you guys =3

I'm actually starting a furry story and I have done my first chapter today. I wanted to post it so you guys could read it and comment on things I could ameliorate (it can be gramaticly or upon the story line) ... Ideas are accepted, but please make constructive comments if you want to ameliorate some stuff... Thanks guys and here ish may story ( I have not found a title yet) :

Chapter 1

I looked at the time on my watch. I had been waiting here for fifteen minutes now but I didn’t care as they were minutes I had in advance. I crossed one leg over the other while unfolding my arms to extend them on the park bench, letting the wind float around me, playing in my short spiked hair. I closed my eyes for a moment, letting the time slow down around me, then reopened them, looked up in the sky and blinked a bit as my eyes were getting used again to this bright morning light. As I inhaled deeply the clean air around me, I could already feel the air warm up even though it was only nine in the morning. Even though I’m actually in a city, the air is fresh and does not smell like those big industrialised cities that make my nose twitch like hell. But I did have my jacket on me as today’s wind was coming from the north, making me look even sexier than most of the people would say about me. It was actually my lucky jacket: it has the logo of my favourite band on this earth which is Iron Maiden and it was given to me as I was among the front V.I.P’s of the show where the signer had worn that vest. Since that day, it follows me everywhere.

I looked up straight in front of me and saw a couple pass while holding each other’s hands. As I looked up, I could see in both of their eyes that they had taken a peek at me. Not one of those big stares where you almost feel guilty to have been in the string person’s vision. It was one of those little curious look where you briefly look at someone and make a fast conclusion on what we saw and I could clearly say that they had been a little troubled about what they saw about me. They knew I saw their troubled looks and they looked in front of them, accelerating their pace and never looking back to see if I was still looking at them. The fact was that I was still looking at them walking faster. I was clearly smirking at this situation and as they were beginning to be out of my vision, I looked on the right side of me, took my coffee thermos and drank some. I peeked back on my watch and only ten minutes had passed since I last checked. I knew that he was going to arrive at any moment now.

I half closed my eyes and began to think. I find that funny that people seem to be afraid of differences. What is wrong with being different when we are all different without even knowing it? Different potentials, different styles, different everything is what makes all of us unique and special. It is by those differences that we can actually be who we want to be and we have to accept the path that destiny chose for us. I always said to myself that life is like a game of chess: the opponent is your life and to which we can never anticipate nor control his movements but we surely can defend ourselves by those attacks. In a simpler way, I only mean that we can’t choose what we will face in our life, but we can truly control how we will live and stand up towards these events occurring in our lives.

As the sun was getting higher in the sky, I decided to stand up and as I looked around, I saw a huge tree making shade towards the west. I smiled, took my coffee and walked to the tree to finally sit on the warm morning ground, laying my back and thinking to myself that this tree had probably a couple of centuries, leading to the fact that it was big and strong. I think no hurricanes in this world could actually tear this tree down. I let out a small happy sigh as I bring the fact that I often let my mind drift off like this because I simply enjoy the fact that it can come up to any thought and then let it vanish slowly to quietly bring up another one. It helps me keep my sanity and it also lets my imagination stands up so that I can continue to have some joy in this “way too serious” world.

I then came back to the couple I saw a bit earlier. I smiled back and took a deep breath in from the clean air surrounding me. I came back to their shocked looks and I knew exactly what made them look me like that. It wasn’t because I had this passion for metal music or the crazy look I had with all those band shirts and those scars I had on my body. It was because I was not human. I laughed and looked at my paws, thinking that I was one of the few of my kind in my city, but over the world though, we are a lot. We live among the human population and humans call us “furries”, but the real terminology is “anthropomorph”. What I am basically? I’m an animal that grew up like humans. I walk, talk, think and wear clothes like them. I am a pure artic husky and I’m actually 18 years old. I basically got humans characteristics… But I am an animal. I can’t say I don’t love myself up to now; I always had this facility to accept my form and to incorporate myself in human’s society without too much difficulties. I don’t care much about what people can think of myself because it’s my life and I’m proud to be a “two walking leg husky”.
I didn’t notice it, but these thoughts were mainly drifting my mind off to sleep. I didn’t even remember of closing my eyes, but I was off to sleep, not aware of what would come in my dreams.    

I could see it approach behind him. He was white as the snow under my paws. There was a blizzard that day, but I could clearly see that a white mass was moving towards him. I wanted to protect him but my feet refused to cooperate. I was petrified and I clearly knew what was going to happen and I could feel tears starting to roll down as I knew I would not be able to prevent what was going to happen. I felt so miserable towards the situation that my ears folded down and I now had my tail between my legs. At 7 years old, what can you do to prevent such a big animal from attacking him?

I could now see him attack the only one left in my life… I could already feel his blood on the white snow, tearing my world into two pieces that could never be pulled together again. I think I never cried that much in my life and I could not stand the fact that I was going to lose him, but I was so scared to act as I was scared for my life. I heard him scream my name in pain, his howling getting quieter each time, blown away by the blizzard’s wind. I felt rage going through my veins and I finally decided to act and hurt that white animal. I started running towards it to help him.

But the image wasn’t getting closer… I started running as fast as I could but it always seemed at the same distance from where I was before running. I was so scared and I even tried to howl his name and say I was coming to help him, but my voice was only getting lost in the powerful wind. I could not feel my paws anymore and I dropped on the snow. It was an endless run and as more tears rolled down on my cheeks, I knew I could do nothing…

I woke up as I felt sweat dripping slowly from my forehead to the bottom of my chin and I looked around me nervously. I touched my chest where my heart is and could feel it beating extremely fast and I almost felt he had skipped some beat. My first reaction was to check the time on my watch. I could not see much anything as the daylight was making my vision confused, but I managed to see eleven ‘o clock. I was shocked that I could have had slept so much. I then felt something on my left leg. I could feel another paw but this one; I could recognize it among many others. This paw was actually the one from the wolf I was sharing with for three years now. I looked up straight in front of me and I saw him. He was sitting in the grass, looking at me while his tail was wagging slowly from left to right. My pale blue-gray eyes met up with his clear ocean blue eyes and suddenly, my heart gradually took its normal beat and I smiled at him. He returned my smile and moved towards me and sat against me, on the left side. He kissed my cheek and said to me:

“So… You had a great sleep babe?”

“Not too bad”, I answered back as I stretched my paws.

He wrapped his arms around me and I felt a warmness going through my body as I relaxed. I then asked for how long I have been asleep. He laughed and said I had been asleep for almost two hours. I looked at him shocked and he gave me this smirk he gives me each time I’m either shocked or angry and this smirk always make me smile. My lover took one of his paws and swiped away the sweat on my forehead and then gave me this worried look and asked:

“You had this dream again, right?”

I nodded and I hugged him the hardest I could, reaching his muzzle to lick it gently. I took one of his paws on mine and asked him if we could move up to our home and we both stood up and started to walk slowly towards our home. I felt chills pass through my body as I remembered the dream I had. As we walked and as I thought about this, my boyfriend looked at me and he said:

“Scar, cheer up. You lived so many things and managed to get up from all those things.”

“I know, but this dream reflects my past and I always break down in tears when I have this dream and you know that”, I said quietly.

“Yes I have seen that Scar, but you always pulled through. It was only a dream”, he answered back as quietly as I was.

“I guess so”, I said while looking at the grass.

He gave me another hug and we arrived at home. I took the key from my pocket and I unlocked the door. We both entered the house and he kissed me on my muzzle and then he smiled at me.

“Should we order pizza tonight?” he asked with his smile.

“Yes, but not now. I want to do another thing more wonderful than pizza”, I answered back while giving him a playful wink.

He nodded and he kissed me back on the muzzle. I took back his kiss and I closed my eyes as we kissed for a long time. I then broke the kiss and looked in his eyes and I took off his shirt to look at his beautiful well-made body. I smiled and pointed our room with my muzzle. He nodded again and I took his left paw to bring him to our room. He closed the door after we were in and I kissed him on the cheek, ready for the upcoming action.

This was going to be another great night for the both of us.

feel free to comment ^-^
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 03:07:49 AM by Scar WhiteDream »
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • kik: Dovuu
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: dark brown, tan, white, gold
  • Height: Anthro: 6'0 Feral: 4'6
  • Weight: Anthro: 145 Feral: 470
  • Currently: in need of attention
Re: My upcoming furry story
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 03:32:06 AM »
well done WhiteDream, i really like it. Cant wait for you to post more. Keep it up.
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dovu/

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 04:03:46 AM »
well done WhiteDream, i really like it. Cant wait for you to post more. Keep it up.

Thanks ^-^ ... I only have this chapter up as I finished it today... I started it a week ago and I hope to write and post another chapter soon... I'm glad you like it  ^_^

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 04:09:55 AM »
It's pretty good for a first, but I say some detail errors. red means to just get rid of something, yellow means I changed something.

"I had been waiting here for fifteen minutes now but I didn’t care; they were minutes I had in advance."

"I closed my eyes for a moment, letting the time slow down around me, then reopened them. I  looked up into the sky and blinked a bit as my eyes got used to the bright morning light"

"I inhaled deeply, smelling the clean air around me. I could already feel the air warming up, even though it was only nine in the morning"

Even though I’m in a city, the air does not smell like those big industrialised cities that make my nose twitch like hell.

"Even though I’m actually in a city, the air is fresh and does not smell like those big industrialised cities that make my nose twitch like hell." we don't even know what you look like. so it would be redundant to mention this.

signer = singer

string person’s  = what does that mean?

"They knew that I had cought their looks, and quickly turned away, accelerating their pace and never looking back to see if I was still looking after them."

In the paragraph "I half closed my eyes and began to think. I find that..." you switch the point of view, from the character, to you yourself, the author. this causes confusion and tends to not make sense.

"As the sun got higher in the sky, I decided to stand up. I looked around and saw a huge tree casting a shadow opposite the sun."

" I smiled and picked up my coffee. I sat on the warm ground, laying my back and thinking to myself that this tree was probably a couple of centuries old." it's pointless to say that a tree gets large and strong as it ages, it is common knowledge. avoid stating things like it.

I would get the rest, but right now I'm not really feeling up to it. I'll proofread your other chapters and the rest of this one,l if you wish. I, too, am a new author(that was probably bad grammar; i am half-asleep, after all), and find that it helps to get constructive criticism on my works. I prefer negative criticism, personally, because it reminds tme that it won't be perfect for a long time. The moment no one has anything to say negatively about it i when I am happiest, because it means that I have tried my hardest and produced a quality piece of work. Hope this helps!

Use this site (click here) to post and get more feedback. Don't forget to join a group and submit to them!

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 04:19:00 AM »
Thanks Deamon... I'll look forward to correct and change that... It's good to actually have people to correct me as I'm not totally billingual... This is a new thing I'm experiencing... write in english (My main langauge being french :/ ). I'm not taking this negatively because I knew I'd do some mistakes and I will change that... But thanks for pointing out my mistakes ^-^

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 04:20:32 AM »
No problem! And thanks for not taking it negatively, I tend to get a little frustrated when it comes to grammar.

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 04:29:14 AM »
he he ^-^ ... Well I have to admit... Since I do not know well english grammar, I tend to actually make big grammar mistakes like these ones -___- And I find it awesome to actually have some people looking back and correcting myself because I know I suck with grammar :/ ... But the only thing I'm gonna ask you to clear out (as I don't understand what you are trying to say) is this:[

quote author=Daemon link=topic=16768.msg757525#msg757525 date=1308802195]
In the paragraph "I half closed my eyes and began to think. I find that..." you switch the point of view, from the character, to you yourself, the author. this causes confusion and tends to not make sense.
[/quote]

Could you explain what you mean by this please? :S

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 04:31:35 AM »
"In a simpler way, I only mean that we can’t choose what we will face in our life, but we can truly control how we will live and stand up towards these events occurring in our lives."

when you say that, you say it as the author and directly to the reader, not as the character to no one in particular.

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 04:35:24 AM »
oh ok ^-^ ... Alright so for you, how could I ameliorate this to actualy make my character actualy think that line? :)

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 04:38:43 AM »
I don't think that we can’t choose what we will face in our life, but we can truly control how we will live and stand up towards these events occurring in our lives."

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 04:41:05 AM »
Thanks =3 . I will look forward to correct all that tommorow and start my second chapter... It's getting late and I am sleepy XD ... Thanks again for the help and I hope you can follow my story to help mw with the grammar ^-^

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 04:49:01 AM »
alright, cool! :D

Offline Rappy

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: N/A
  • Currently: Embarrassed about this profile like tf
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 03:01:14 AM »
Very nice story, I enjoyed it a lot.

Couple spelling and grammar errors, but nothing to serious, and I'm amazed how well you can write in english (you being taught French and all)

Great work!

Offline Drakos

• Classy Draggy
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Awesomely drawn by Kaprika (The lovely floof 8D)
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon Anthro
  • Coloring: Green
  • Height: 6'5''
  • Weight: 225
  • Build: Muscular
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Wondering why stuff is stuff.
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 10:30:41 PM »
Wow man, this is awesome. I enjoyed reading it A LOT, and I can't wait to read more ^_^.

• Avatar by: Kaprika (Zee awesome floof! 8D)
Outside on a winter's night as the rain begins to fall
There's a chill in the air and the howl of a wolf while the rain beats at the door
Seven kings will ride on the wind up towards        the mountains high                             
And the only sound that will break the air is the warrior's bitter cry

-Starfire by Dragonforce.

For those who know me I'm still kicking around here, enjoying life. For those who don't know me I do invite you to get to know me if you'd like :3.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

(The song that the lyrics in my siggy come from :3).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=Wp68lrJEYHU

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 10:34:44 PM »
Very nice story, I enjoyed it a lot.

Couple spelling and grammar errors, but nothing to serious, and I'm amazed how well you can write in english (you being taught French and all)

Great work!

Wow man, this is awesome. I enjoyed reading it A LOT, and I can't wait to read more ^_^.

Thank you guys... It means so much to me :') I'll sure be up to dat and post my chapter 2 soon ^-^