The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How long have you been in the furry fandom?  (Read 2757 times)

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
How long have you been in the furry fandom?
« on: July 08, 2011, 11:19:06 AM »
A lot of us have been a part of the fandom for lots of different lengths of times, and there are people here who have been a furry before they joined the forum. So how long have you been a furry for? (so far!)

I've been a furry for just over a year, I jumped into the fandom pretty fast so I've considered myself a furry since the day I joined TFF. Before finding a couple of comics and did a small bit of research I had no idea the furry fandom existed, nor did I have anything to do with it beforehand, but I knew it was one of those things I could try out. Now I just can't leave :D
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 11:31:16 AM by Kyriin »

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
Re: How long have you been a furry?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 11:22:50 AM »
I've been an anthropomorph fan for a looooong time, but I officially joined the fandom in December 2009.

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
Re: How long have you been in the furry fandom?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 02:21:23 PM »
I guess I could say I was a furry forever since I am a Therain and I have my puppy husky soul attached to me and I always felt more then connected to all these animated cartoons and movies... But I only discovered the fandom last november... So I've been part of the fandom for only 7 months now... But I'm here to stay 'till I die =3
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline SplitPersonality

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Tips of ears , bottom of tail, Tummy, nose, and back of legs, are brown. All Else is white. His eyes are blue.
  • Build: avarage
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 02:28:21 PM »
hm...officially......under 6 months

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Falcon
  • Coloring: blue, tan, brown, and white
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 190 lb
  • Build: Althetically slender
  • Currently: PONIES!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 03:29:24 PM »
I suppose you could say I've been a furry all my life, eventhough I didn't know there was anything out there like it lol But I've been a part of the fandom since November of last year, which was a month before I found TFF I think...
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling that makes life worth living or dying

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 04:42:42 PM »
I've classified myself as one for a little over a year.

Offline Flynt

• Avid Aardvark
  • Changing Species Like Crazy :L
    • Awards
  • Species: Shiba Inu
  • Coloring: Black, Brown-Maroone, White
  • Height: 6 Foot
  • Weight: Around 150 lbs
  • Build: Soft and furry, slender, not too much not too little.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 04:58:53 PM »
Honestly? Probably since I was like 9-10, I'd always liked animals, and when I hear about furries I went  :*

So thats 10-9 years

Offline Karma Moonshadow

• Chatty Cheetah
  • The blood of the wicked is my life support.
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Pure white
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: Light
  • Build: Lithe and wiry
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 01:37:32 AM »
Ever since I could walk, I had a passion I didn't understand. My friends would have to pretend to be animals with me, because that's the only way I liked to play. I never played with dolls, but I loved to use rocks as my eggs and protect them in my nest. I had a wild streak that ran so deep it confused me. The only use I had for Barbie clothes was on my TY beanie animals, which I dressed to look anthropomorphic and made up long roleplays. Usually I would make their clothes out of scrap fabric. My imagination ran wild with animals in somewhat human forms. My imaginary friend was a kangaroo named Steve, who understood me when no one else could. I loved to draw and was pretty good at it even before I was in kindergarten, but I only drew animals. Often they were in story form, as I couldn't write yet. As I got a little older, I developed passions for certain animals at different times. When I got too old to openly pretend to be an animal, I would simply daydream about it or imagine myself as one. It went from cats, to horses, to wolves. Each one had something about it that triggered something in me.

And yet, I had never heard of a furry. When I finally did, it all clicked. That was what I'd been all my life, and I hadn't even known it. So technically I've been part of the fandom for 2 years, but I've been a furry forever.
...So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?

- Disturbed, "Divide"

Offline robodog

• Vibrating Furby
  • Metal Mutt
    • Awards
  • Species: Robot Dog
  • Coloring: Silver and blue
  • Build: Heavily armored
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 02:11:52 AM »
I grew up with a dog obsession so I've probably been furry from the start. I've been in the actual Furry Fandom off and on since the late 90s. I plan on sticking around for good this time.

Offline Zhono

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Bobcat
  • Height: 5 ft. 11 in.
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: MINECRAFT! @_@
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 03:37:43 AM »
I've loved anthropomorphics from a very young age (5 or 6 years old I think...) but I never thought there was a word for it until someone mentioned in reference to himself on an Nintenkingdom 64 forums. I looked it up, and have officialy joined the fandom at the age of 13. Since then I've been technically banned from the fandom by my parents, but... well, I guess you all can tell how well that is working, can't you? X3

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 04:00:07 AM »
actively, little less then two years. 
Learned and have been interested for about 5 to 6 years now.  but I don't count those first 3 years  ;)
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline Karma Moonshadow

• Chatty Cheetah
  • The blood of the wicked is my life support.
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Pure white
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: Light
  • Build: Lithe and wiry
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 04:02:54 AM »
Since then I've been technically banned from the fandom by my parents, but... well, I guess you all can tell how well that is working, can't you? X3

*applause*  :D
...So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?

- Disturbed, "Divide"

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 04:06:27 AM »
Joined Fur Affinity April 2010, but didn't associated myself as a furry until February 18th, 2011. So I voted less than six months.
  • Signature art by: Puncia

Offline Zhono

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Bobcat
  • Height: 5 ft. 11 in.
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: MINECRAFT! @_@
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 10:21:03 PM »
Since then I've been technically banned from the fandom by my parents, but... well, I guess you all can tell how well that is working, can't you? X3

*applause*  :D

*bows* Thank you... Thank you... :P

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 10:39:33 PM »
wow :3 ... It's nice seeing that the fandom has a viriety of new and old furs ^-^
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God