The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Concept for a Equine Story/Roleplay  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Namivyn

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Nammy
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Dragon
  • Coloring: Black-furred, shaggy cyan mane
  • Height: 5'6
  • Build: The average build. Not too lean, not too muscular
Concept for a Equine Story/Roleplay
« on: August 31, 2011, 10:35:49 PM »
I always loved to write and the best part about making a story is the original idea belonging to you!  :* People always said I create interesting concepts, but I'm always the person who creates hybrids out of animals, two stories, two games,etc. I am working on becoming a web designer, so I like to test out many codes on a free site before I move on to the big leagues. In fact, I ran a pretty fun horse shapeshifting roleplay, but the site died and everyone got busy from real life. To be honest, I did that site long before I discovered my love for writing (although I wrote and drew books for 15 dang years.) My maturity and writing improved enough after many years that I want to try again and start another horse fantasy roleplay. I made the old one by myself and stupidly, but non-regrettably found the best staff/friends ever through a poor way of finding others to help out. I may manage to do it alone again, but help is always appreciated.

Enough for my lame-o background XD All I'm asking is for some advice on an idea I've been working on. I'm deciding to move away from the shapeshifting concept unless people still favor multiple freedoms in deciding any form while maintaining their favorite equine. I'm definitely going to avoid the cliche Light/Dark/Neutral sides and allow the herds to choose their own paths, enemies and allies. I like to see various threads woven into fabulous stories of a battle between two stallions or a herd traveling across the land to explore. I'm huge on freedom and creativity. It only jailed only some: a small plot to possibly follow or develop further away using the gifts given by the gods or whoever.

The only plot I ever thought of was a world where horses were blessed with different magic. Humans exist, but horses as humans were among them. Animals of various kinds were created by the hoof prints the elder goddess made. Her world prospered, but it was missing something: horses. She created such creatures to protect her land. The other creations were envious of the horses and tried to avoid or forbidden them upon their land or anything of the sort. Horses were either segregated from them, or turned into riding steeds for war. The horses cried out to the Mother of Creation, but goddess never responded. As the days grew, horses' intellect grew as well to survive the war-torn land they now live on. Some went to explore to find the Mother of Horses, and some never return. Others who staggered back to their immense(now getting smaller) group, claiming the journey was too difficult. The years passed again and the horses strived to keep their population from getting dangerously low. The next explorers went and only one returned, confessing the goddess had died.

The horses were horrified that their beloved mother died and they are on their own. It was only six years ago that a strange copper-colored colt was born and everyone loathed him. He was tossed out, but two years later, he survived and returned with forgiveness ready at his hooves. He led the party and the news shocked him.

"'Knew tis  a'comin." He replied to the messenger. "Jus' not shur 'ow soon."

The copper stallion took a week to decide on the fate of his kin. It was then after many moons he appeared again with sorrow. He told the horses they needed to leave the land and move on to a new world. Many were astonished; others were happy or disagreed with the idea. It took awhile for those happy with the thought of leaving for a new life tried to sway neighbors and strangers until most changed their minds and joined the Copper stallion onwards to a strange land. It took many moons with some that died, others injured and some with lights in their eyes at the land forged in tranquility and beauty. Copper claimed it was their land by the goddess made for them in case she ever did perish. They lived happily and settled on new ways of life creating families called herds, leaders and various structures as the human's failure led to their downfall.

Now that magic was adaptation. The goddess gifted them with the ability to adapt to the world regardless of what it was. Instincts filled their half-made minds and their intellect was high while some lost theirs. Many learned to shapeshift into the creatures in order to keep balance. Others studied the elements and th rest learned new ways to survive.

Welcome to the new land if peace can last here.

Probably cheesy and crackers, but the mind just recently been laid out in my mind. I may choose just one power for them. I may add war to make it seem the land just caused their own problems. Yep.

Advice and ideas appreciated :D

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Neurotic!
Re: Concept for a Equine Story/Roleplay
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 11:16:22 PM »
Before I was even finished reading this I was overjoyed! This kind of role-playing is what started my furriness years ago!

That said, as you can see, my fursona is a horse...(duh) and I am SO behind you on this idea. The only thing that's a little wonky is where did the Copper stallion come from, exactly? Was he a gift from the goddess? The messengers message is unclear.
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline Namivyn

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Nammy
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Dragon
  • Coloring: Black-furred, shaggy cyan mane
  • Height: 5'6
  • Build: The average build. Not too lean, not too muscular
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 12:00:21 AM »
Before I was even finished reading this I was overjoyed! This kind of role-playing is what started my furriness years ago!

That said, as you can see, my fursona is a horse...(duh) and I am SO behind you on this idea. The only thing that's a little wonky is where did the Copper stallion come from, exactly? Was he a gift from the goddess? The messengers message is unclear.

I just wrote what came to mind so I'm pretty sure it's going to get some confusion. Some will say he was a gift or lucky to be born and survive. ^_^;

I'm glad the idea is warming to you. I still have that love for horses, but something about wolves summarized myself almost entirely. I'll made sure to add edits to the parts you pointed out.

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Neurotic!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 12:42:12 AM »

I just wrote what came to mind so I'm pretty sure it's going to get some confusion. Some will say he was a gift or lucky to be born and survive. ^_^ ;

I'm glad the idea is warming to you. I still have that love for horses, but something about wolves summarized myself almost entirely. I'll made sure to add edits to the parts you pointed out.

I very much feel you as I've been toying with the idea of a wolf as my secondary fursona. I was a mighty horse rper back before all the games died out, because they were not passed to the next generation for some reason, and everyone got too busy with school. I would love to help you in any way I possibly can.
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter