The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Competition  (Read 17685 times)

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Neurotic!
Re: Competition
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2011, 04:08:15 AM »
Nash held his braced hand behind his back, trying to hide it a bit, he didn't know exactly why he was trying to hide it though. He brought it back around to show Dingo, "Uh...I have a torn tendon in this part of my hand," he pointed to the area the doctor had said was injured, "...and I can't fight for 4 weeks." Nash perked his ears up a bit remembering that they gave him some pain killers at the nurses office. "Hey, they gave me some pills for the pain, they're just strong ibuprofen. Do you want a couple? I bet they'll help your headache." He pulled the bottle out of his pocket and shook it so the pills would jiggle around with a big cheesy grin on his mug.
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • kik: Dovuu
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: dark brown, tan, white, gold
  • Height: Anthro: 6'0 Feral: 4'6
  • Weight: Anthro: 145 Feral: 470
  • Currently: in need of attention
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2011, 04:57:37 AM »
"The days only half over, and I really dont want to miss any classes...I couldnt thank you enough." Dingo said, grabbing a couple pills. He threw them back and swallowed. "Four weeks, huh?" He said rubbing his temples and squeezing his eyes shut. He opened them and looked up at Nash. "Listen man...I feel really bad. If theres anything you need....ANYTHING....you simply just ask ok?"
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dovu/

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2011, 05:36:39 AM »
"Don't feel bad, dude," Nash said patting him on the shoulder. "This kinda thing happens, I'm more pissed at our teacher said we weren't strong. Pffft, has he seem this gun show? Cause I can get him some tickets." Nash flexed his biceps, looking at the buldging muscle, and then flexed a little too hard with his right causing that twinge of pain to radiate in his thumb, and elbow to deflate his ego, and his muscle. He shot his arm down and held his wrist, "shows been postponed due to lack of ammunition. Owww." He grimaced, and then sat down next to Dingo. "We've got about 20 minutes until lunch time is over, and then we have Speed- which is probably with the same teacher.....you wanna get some food? or just chill here for a bit?" Nash grinned, he still felt guilty for being such a jerk earlier, and Dingo's words were still running through his head. Maybe one day he'd even work up the nerve to apologize, but for now, he was too proud.

Katayida was finishing up the salad she had made for lunch, and started to get her materials together for her next class. Agility and Damage Reduction. She was going to run this class like she had run the first class of the day, except this one would be partially inside and partially outdoors. Kay's teaching area outside was one flat dirt arena, that used to be a baseball field, and the field next to it that was very hilly that she used for her endurance class.

She put together the information packets for her students, and placed them inside her desk, locking the drawer behind her. Afterwards she left the class room to visit outdoor, a can of white spray paint and a can of orange spray paint in hand. Walking outside she noticed two of her students from her morning classes sitting on a bench, both looking pretty beat up. The wolf had a brace on his wrist, supporting his thumb, and the lion was holding his head looking like he might have had a concussion. Lord have mercy, they're already hurt and it's only the first day, she thought to herself, maybe I should have taught some live action defensive moves on the first day. Kind of regretting not doing that, and only doing classroom exercises, she hurried on to her arena.

In the smooth patted out dirt she painted two long lines about a two feet apart from one another, and then went back and made lines connecting the two lines, each about 2 1/2 feet apart. "Agility ladders, hate to love them, love to hate them" she said out loud with a smile. In another area of the arena she took the orange spray paint and made circles in the same fashion, except they were different sizes. She would explain this drill to her class later on, because it was one she had just made up, and loved the idea of it.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2011, 10:40:41 PM »
Lance had been monitoring in the background for the first half of the day, silently observing, watching. Keeping out of sight while he studied his other class mates. His singular combat class seemed to end before he managed to learn anything which peeved him off, and he lost sight of Blair.

Figuring that he'd see her later, he headed off to the canteen and got something small to eat, a small roll of bread. Coming back out, he felt quite a breeze push against his wings, opening them slightly. he let out a small smile.
"Well it has been a while since I've flown, and there's some time before my lesson"

Within a few seconds, he had extended his massive wings and jumped into the air, using the eddies and swirls of the air currents to lift him higher, pushing down incredible amounts of air to give him lift and let him soar. Once he was of a good height, he decided to do a few air acrobatics to loosen up, first a small loop-de-loop, then he lifted a wing and performed a barrell roll before clamping his wings to his side and shooting down to the earth in a dive, about two seconds from hitting the floor, his wings snapped open and pushed him back up into the air.

Lance looked across the complex before spying his lesson and began to glide down towards it, landing on his feet with a soft thud.

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2011, 12:00:15 AM »
Dingo looked over towards the cafeteria building. "It looks like it's cleared out some...should be more quiet now. Lets go get some food." He said getting to his feet. Nash and Dingo walked into the nearly vacant building and got behind the couple of people in line. Dingo fished out his wallet and stared at the menu. Nothing sounded good to him as he didnt have time to think about what he wanted. His pulsating migraine interrupted his thoughts. "Ill just have some chicken strips." He said handing the cashier his bill. When she brought back the food just the smell of it started to make him feel better.

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2011, 12:43:35 AM »
Nash followed up behind Dingo in the lunch line and ordered two burgers, medium-rare, no toppings. He handed his cash over, struggling with his wallet with his newly immobilized thumb. Growling a little bit in frustration, he asked Dingo for help, and he obliged by helping Nash put his money back into his wallet. Nash returned his wallet to his bag, and then picked up his plain burgers at the end of the line. Stopping off to get some ketchup, and then going to sit down at a table. "Dude we've gotta hurry, we've only got 10 minutes before class starts now, but it's not that far....and if we're late, oh well. Neither of us feel good anyway." Nash's attitude was kinda blown from his inability to do any contact.

Katayida watched the Pegasus land in front of her on the field, "Well that's one way to make an entrance, isn't it?" She chuckled. "I'm Professor Kay, I'll be your Agility and Damage Reduction instructor, but today we're starting class inside for some quick paperwork." The mare smiled, and walked in the direction of the 200 wing of the Charm buildings again, it wasn't that far of a walk, because Kay had thrown a fit to the dean about her instructional areas originally being planned to be on opposite sides of campus. A carefully written proposal stopped that though, and she walked into her classroom to find about 7 students waiting for class to start.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2011, 12:52:59 AM »
"Dont worry..." Dingo said, talking in between bites. "We have plenty of time." He was already finished with a few pieces of chicken and his fries. "So Nash, what are you going to do for four weeks? Thank God they didnt just send you home, huh..."

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2011, 01:04:51 AM »
Nash just made a hmmph noise while chewing a big bite of his burger at first, after he engulfed the last part of the second burger he shrugged. "I don't know what they're going to make me do, and yeah, very lucky they didn't send me home...my Dad would have...." he trailed off, and looked down at the table. "Never mind. The important thing is that they didn't kick me out, but I have a reevaluation of the torn tendon in 4 weeks. I guess that means more pictures, and then I'm sure I'll have to do some kind of physical therapy. I'm not allowed to take this thing off unless I'm washing my hands or showering. It sucks." He stated getting up from the table, and throwing his lunch trash away nearby.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Black-Horse

• Eager Elephant
  • shutting down everything, leaving forums
    • Awards
  • Species: horse
  • Currently: shocked, angry, go away
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2011, 01:10:52 AM »
Rylo walked out and roamed through the hall ways with nothing more to do.
.            .(¯'•(¯'•             _/)/) 
               (¯'•.(¯'•       ((      ((
                (¯`'•(¯'•   (( )  (  ‘ /)
                 (¯`'•.(¯'(( )    |\_/
     ,,,~”¯¯¯`'¯(_¸´(_ )     |
   ((( /                             )__
  (((( \      ),,             (     /__`\
  ))))  \    //¯¯¯¯¯¯¯' \    /     / /
 (((     /  //                 |  /     \/
 )))     | ||                .| |           ♥♥♥
((        ) \\                 ) \           \|/
.^^^^.""'"'.^^^^^^^..""".^^^^.""""

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2011, 01:26:06 AM »
Lance smiled at the teacher and rubbed the back of his head
"Yeah, I guess. I'm Lance, I was in your class this morning...Oh. Inside first. Right." Lance folded his wings and walked quickly behind the teacher to the class, not saying much after their short introduction.

Once inside the class, he started to walk behind an empty desk and waited for the other students to file in. Hopefully his wings would come in handy this lesson.

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2011, 02:18:56 AM »
Dingo realized he had fallen behind and quickly stuffed what food he had left in his mouth, then got up to follow Nash. After chewing for about a minute he could finally talk again, but he stopped himself and thought to himself some more. If Nash was sent home to a possibly abusive home, he didnt think he would be able to live with the guilt. Struggling to swallow out of fear he finally spoke up. "Yeah, I'm sure they will find something for you to do in the mean time." It wasnt long before they reached the outside of their next classroom.

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky
  • Build: Semi-Feminine Male
  • Currently: Cutting people with my tongue, be careful.
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2011, 03:33:05 AM »
Blair got up about fifteen minutes later, with about ten minutes to the start of her third class. She wiped the lint from her black shirt, fixing her ponytail and grabbing her purse. She put on her shoes and walked to the door of the dorm tiredly, cracking her neck as she walked into the sunlight. She looked around for the cafeteria, walking to it in no hurry. For her lunch, she got a sandwich and a small plum, accompanied by a water bottle. She hummed lightly and walked to an outside bench, beginning to eat her plum first. She cringed a bit as she chewed its sour skin, however contently smiling when the sweet portion's taste hit her. She continued the meal slowly and took the whole ten minutes, without entirely finishing the sandwich or water. She wrapped up and the sandwich and began to walk as the bell that concluded lunch rang.
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2011, 01:31:17 AM »
Katayida handed the info sheets to her class and began to give her small lecture. "Good afternoon class, I am Professor Kay, and I am the Charm teacher. Welcome to Agility and Damage Reduction. Please fill out these papers with a little bit of your basic information and a little getting to know you information. After it looks like the majority of you have finished I will hand out the syllabus that we will be going through during the semester. After we have gone over that briefly I will see if anyone has any questions and we will be moving outdoors to the Agility and Endurance Arena." Looking over her class it looked like she would have no trouble with them today running them through the Agility drills she had set up in her arena.

Nash walked into the new arena for their Speed class, late, but it looked like there was no teacher so he turned around and shrugged at Dingo then sat down on the floor, leaning against the wall. "It's not like I can do anything in this class right now anyway." He looked down at his hand, "how's your head feeling?"

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky
  • Build: Semi-Feminine Male
  • Currently: Cutting people with my tongue, be careful.
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2011, 03:57:09 AM »
Blair walked in and took a seat in the front, a little late. She took the paper and began to fill out facts; her name age, sex, etc. She looked at the questions asking for opinions or hopes, even left the background. She looked to her name, written in neat and legible italics. She took her pen and wrote it carefully. "If you really want to know, find out yourself." She didn't know if she could make it any clearer. She kept silent, sitting still and looking to the paper blankly.
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2011, 05:43:21 AM »
"Head is fine now, thanks." Dingo said, squeezing his temples one last time. "I think that medicine did the trick." If only I could make his wrist better just like that, Dingo thought. "Hopefully the teacher can find some kind of use for you." He looked at the clock, wondering where he might be.