The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Competition  (Read 17691 times)

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
Re: Competition
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2011, 05:32:10 PM »
Lance looked down at the sheet of paper before him "hmm, I guess it was inevitable that we'd have to fill out one of these."
Picking up a pen, he dashed the boxes which applied to him, looking at the other questions.

Opinions, what opinions did he have? it was his first day. "Odd. Different. Potential."
Hopes? A better word would've been targets. "To excel in my classes and to better understand my abilities."
Hobbies. Hobbies. He had to think of this one for a while. Something he relished more than other activities. "Flying. Training."

The other questions were a bit about his family, which he crossed out. "Confidential".

Looking up once he finished, he saw that Blair was one of the few students that had finished around the same time as him, with a blank look on her face. He wondered if she was going to be alright. But then he attributed it to her probably just thinking about other things.

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky
  • Build: Semi-Feminine Male
  • Currently: Cutting people with my tongue, be careful.
« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2011, 02:22:20 AM »
Armand walked into the Fighter classroom silently and looked at the chaotic mass of students, up and about, being loud and social. His face was stern as he approached the front and spoke in a deep voice. "Everyone sit and be silent!" He said commandingly, students rushing to a seat. "I am your replacement, and hopefully permanent, Fighter teacher. Your previous didn't properly understand the curriculum. In this class, Speed, you shall be learning how to properly chain your movements to maximize the damage you deliver to your opponent, and the speed at which you do so. Any questions?"

~

Blair glanced a bit towards Lance tiredly, then to the teacher, and then the clock. She was rather impatiently sitting in the silent room, tapping her foot quickly and quietly. She already didn't like the school, and really just desired to go back to her room and read a book, actually learn something. This first day wasn't doing anything major for her besides making enemies or negatively affecting people.
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Neurotic!
« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2011, 04:17:18 AM »
Nash was already seated when the brawny lion walked into the room and announced himself as the new fighter teacher. Well, that's just great, he thought to himself. Nash raised his uninjured hand, "I have a note." The white wolf waited for the teachers response to his note, excusing him 4 weeks time to heal his wrist. He glanced at Dingo for a moment, and then back at the teacher.

Kay noticed that everyone in her class was pretty much done filling out the forms, and handed out the syllabus. "I trust you all can read, so the only thing I want to point out is the testing dates on this syllabus, there will be NO make up dates for these tests. Please take note of them, be ready, and I don't recommend being late. We will now be moving to the arena, where your beginning agility itself will be tested, in the easiest way possible for some, but the hardest for others. Anyone familiar with agility ladders?" Kay smirked and gathered the information papers from her students. "Please follow me to the field." She locked her papers away in her desk once again, so no personal information of her students could be exposed, and then lead her class out to the arena where she had earlier painted the agility ladder, and the agility circles.
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
  • kik: Dovuu
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: dark brown, tan, white, gold
  • Height: Anthro: 6'0 Feral: 4'6
  • Weight: Anthro: 145 Feral: 470
  • Currently: in need of attention
« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2011, 07:14:48 AM »
Dingo gave a slight smile, and swallowed nervously, hoping the teacher would have some mercy. If not, maybe him and the teacher would have a little lion to lion discussion after class about how things happened. "Dont worry." Dingo said to Nash. "Before you know it this month will be over and everything will be behind us. Besides, I'm sure you will be spending a lot of time on your footwork and kicks while your hand is out of service."
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dovu/

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2011, 10:47:32 PM »
Blair got up slowly with the rest of the students, walking next to Lance. "I am unsure if you have any plans after class, but if you don't I would like for you to go into the city with me to get food and a few small appliances. I can't eat the school food forever." She said softly, following the group and being careful not to seperate herself from Lance.

~

Armand looked to Nash tiredly and gave a stern look to Dingo. "Please be silent unless you are speaking to me, you will have time to gossip later." He then looked to Nash. "We are not doing anything physical today, speak to ms after class." Finally, he went to the front of the room. "I have few rules, however I do have two major ones. The first, be respectful and do not speak when I am. The second is not to threaten your peers. Period. I am not going to say consequences, because hopefully I shall not need to discipline. Furthermore, if I finish everything early, the rest of the class can be used for your own uses, as long as you be respectful and do not vandalize my facilities. You can expect regularly scheduled homework after today. Am I clear?"
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2011, 05:04:12 AM »
Dingo looked at Nash giving a slight smile. "Yeah...clear." He mumbled with the rest of the class. "Hear that buddy? Nothing physical." Dingo wasnt sure who was more relieved.

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2011, 05:37:17 AM »
Nash nodded at the teacher's rules, and put his bookbag in his lap to lean on it with his left elbow to his cheek looking bored. He sighed heavily waiting to find out what they would be doing if they weren't doing anything physical, not looking forward to the discussion they'd inevitably have to have after class.

Arriving at the field, Kay turned to watch her students faces as they looked over the agility ladders she had painted onto the old baseball diamond. "Please gather around so you all can hear me. Before this class started, I looked at my roster of students for this class and my next endurance class, and most of you are in that class as well. This is the Agility and Endurance field... My playground, if you will, and today I'm going to be combining the two classes, and you will get out earlier than other students who are in other sections. Mostly because I can guarantee that you will be completely exhausted by the end of this. Each class is scheduled for one full hour, but I will only be doing one hour today on the field. Some days we will utilize the full two hours, others, we won't. Just be prepared to sweat each time you come here." She clapped her hands, and then rubbed them together a bit. "So! What we're doing today is see where you are in your agility and endurance currently." She brought her bag out with her and pulled out a stack of red folders. "Please take one of these for yourself, it will be due at the end of the semester to track improvement." She waited for each student to take a folder, and spoke again. "I want everyone to start by jogging three laps around the bases in one direction, and then reverse on the end of your third lap to come back to home plate and move into the cage for a stretching session. After stretching, I am going to run all of you through the endurance interval training hills."

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2011, 07:17:00 AM »
He grabbed a stack of papers and began to hand them out. "You shall call me Mr. Dyselli. For the first few days, we shall learn some background information on styles on combination. Then I will teach you restraint, then how to use combinations. This paper is homework, which will require you to do research on three basic styles, and write a paragraph on for each. That is 4 to 6 sentences each medium length. If you do not do this, you will not be able to learn anything." He looked to the clock on the wall. "There are computers at the academy library, as well as books. You have 3 minutes before this class ends." He sat at his larger teachers desk, and looked to Nash, beckoning him over and then shuffling through his papers, trying to straighten up the mess the last teacher had left.
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2011, 05:14:12 PM »
Nash took the papers, and put them into his bookbag, turning to Dingo, "wait for me outside? We have some kind of magic class to go to next." He then got up and walked over to Mr. Dyselli's desk. "You wanted to see me?" He held his injured arm close to his body with left paw over the right, looking down somewhere between the edge of the desk and the floor. Like his whole demeanor was broken along with his injury.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2011, 05:23:15 PM »
"Please look at me while we are speaking. It is polite." He said solemly. "I will excuse you from hand excercises, however most are footwork, so you shall be participating. That is all."
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2011, 05:32:26 PM »
Nash looked at him, directly in the eyes, "I'm sorry, sir. I just, I didn't expect to get hurt on the first day, in the first class.... I'm a very competent student, and have lots of fighting experience. I fear for my ability to stay within the school now because of this injury. My tendon is torn, but the campus orthopedic said that I would be reassessed in 4 weeks to see if it was healing properly...I will prove to you that I am worthy." He said with a bit more confidence in his voice raising his chest up a bit, but still feeling discouraged deep down. For some reason he felt a great deal of respect towards this teacher, much more than the other, because of the way he conducted himself. "Thank you," he said before walking out of the room to meet Dingo to go to their next class.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2011, 02:48:51 AM »
"One more class then this day is over..." Dingo said to Nash as they walked. "I could go for a nap right about now." The air outside was growing cold as the sun started to make its descent from it's afternoon high. Some clouds started rolling over from the distance, and showed signs of some imminent rain. "To be honest, the idea of magic has always scared me. Its not controllable in my opinion, not like fighting with the body. It's easy to get carried away, which could be disastrous."

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2011, 02:54:56 AM »
Nash nodded at Dingo's remarks about magic. "I've never really had any interest in it, but it's part of the curriculum so I guess I don't have a choice." Arriving at their next class they both walked in and took a seat, "Basic Magic it is" he said to Dingo with a toothy grin.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2011, 08:32:39 AM »
Dawn walked to the front of her class, taking her book with her and placing it on her podium. The tigress looked at each of her students. "Hello, everyone. I am your magic teacher, Dawn, for this course, Basic Magic. What you will be learning is attributeless magic, sometimes calked neutral. You may have heard the term mana before, in video games. It is what we will use to describe your energy. Mana is mostly the physical output of mental energy, usually in the form of blue and white light. Attributeless magic takes the color blue most of the time, while attributed takes a variety." She looked to her students. "I know most of you are of the Fighter class, but Arcana skills are important for fighters as well. My main example is our main form of shield, basically a veil of mana around the caster. Let me demonstrate." She placed her paws together and breathed deeply, as a veil of blue light emerged around her slowly. It slowly spread over and formed a barrier, disks of the light orbiting around her; however, the veil was transparent. "This is one of the few skills I have mastered, and is a lead up to a specialized shield for an attribute. I am not going to ask you learn this yet. However, the veil protects from magic well, and has some, but not much physical defense. Any questions so far?"
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2011, 04:31:58 PM »
Nash had a look on his face that was somewhere between shocked, and utterly confused. He pursed his lips like he wanted to ask a question, but didn't even know where to begin. How did she do that? was the only thing that ran through his head. He looked over at Dingo and mouthed "What the hell?" towards him. He didn't know anything about magic, and didn't know how to move his 'mental energy' into this blue sheild of physical energy either. He decided to raise his hand, "So we're not learning this yet, but what are we going to be learning?"

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place